Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Yeah so the ender ender thing is working. If you feel like we need more things in the room like chests and stuff feel free to add it, but please do not put stuff to close to the endermen pad just build a new room.

Ok well here's the deal: I don't know which fucking timezone in England or east bumfuck everyone is in. It's not my fucking problem. I gave you the exact time in EST. You read that post obviously, because you responded to it. You should have checked it yourself and converted it to your exact timezone.
It's pretty stupid pinning the blame on me in my opinion; it's hardly my fault. Yes, it's not your problem if the timezone is given wrong, but it is your fault. I appreciate the fact that you gave the timezones, or at least I would if you had given the correct timezones. I then assumed that the time you gave everybody was correct, as one would, and so I missed the ender dragon fight. I don't see why I should have checked it myself, seeing as you're a person who I would trust in knowing the correct timings. Sure, that doesn't mean I expected you to give the timings, but once you do, you have to make sure it's correct. "It's not my fucking problem" is a pretty stubborn response, that's basically acknowledging the problem and ignoring it.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I thought you couldn't even make it so enough of this Eagle we don't want to hear it. Tennis said 'approximately Midnight', that should have been your hint to check.

Anyways the ender farm has gotten well underway at this point and although not complete it will be the best farm. You really don't even need to idle there cause they spawn so quickly. I installed some safety rails for the pathway there.

If anyone has leather armour or spare leather lying around pass it to me I need all of it for my dye wall, it's the brown building near the iron grinder.

Hi I haven't been around for a while but can we do multiple ender grinders? I mean two would prolly be enough so once I get time would anyone be willing to help me/make it?

Hi I haven't been around for a while but can we do multiple ender grinders? I mean two would prolly be enough so once I get time would anyone be willing to help me/make it?
I'll help you if I'm aloud, but why do we need more than one? The one we have can easily take two player to lv 30 in under 5 minutes which I think is pretty good and it's still only 3 spawn layers

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
also how would multiple help if theres a mob limit on the entire end world?

also do you mean something like 2 ender enders side by side [1 path to get to them, facing one has a second right behind you] or one on each 'side' of the island

If its a new design then whatever, but if its the same one as the old map, then I feel two would be good because there were plenty of times I wanted to use it but other people were.

The design is like the old one I think I kind of just did what I thought would work. Each layer of spawn space uses 32 pistons and it is now 5 or 6 layers, I think I might of improved the last one by have close to a zero death rate by just letting the vines grow down. I don't know if you've tried it but try it and if you think we need one more then I'll build it.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay.
Whoever I'm supposed to go to about shit like this, I'm just gonna explain what has happened here.
Some time this morning/afternoon depending on what time zone you are in, SeanDarkwood travelled about 2000 blocks to my home which is a good 10 minutes away from spawn, removed every single torch in the area that he could reach (249 torches and 8 redstone lamps), not only around the perimeter but in every building as well.

He then went through most of the buildings moving furniture and changing paintings.

He deliberately got himself blown up several times, severely damaging a bunch of stuff, and then left signs pointing out what he had done.

Other things have been removed by hand, and then placed in a chest with another sarcastic comment posted above it.

This is a deliberate act of griefing and deserves to be punished. My home looks like a warzone and I cant even get in most of the buildings to fix it because they are filled with mobs.

SeanDarkwood, I know you were pissed about the creeper thing in your building, but that was an honest mistake that I apologized for. I even offered to help you repair the building, and if you ask Tennisace or Sal, I spoke to them on the server and was trying to find out whose building it was so I could tell them what had happened.
But what you have done in "retaliation" is griefing, against the rules, a colossal dick move, and you should be pretty ashamed of yourself (it must have been a fun way to spend your new years eve/day). Grow up.

Okay, so here is what's happening:

Since I have many resources which I don't really need, I'll be doing some major giveaways to lucky people every week, perhaps three times a week or so. These items include stone, cobble, diamonds, lapis, wooden planks and redstone, and I could add gold as well if I so choose too. I'll choose when to give stuff away, and who to. I won't give these resources to the same people every time (Shii, I'm looking at you), but it's more than likely that I'll be giving it to people I like and I get on with on the server. That is all.

By the way, I'm lechips11 for those who still don't know me ;)

SeanDarkwood doesn't play Smogcraft very often so temp banning him as planned wasn't really going to change much since he logs on like once every two weeks anyway. Instead I came in and patched up a few dark spots in Kinneas' castle/city thing (p.s. if you haven't already you should go check it out because it's pretty cool!) after Shii and Kinneas cleaned up the mess. Nothing was stolen but knocking torches out like that is griefing so if it wasn't clear before don't do it. I didn't really feel as if this rule was clear as it's more implied griefing (darkness causing creepers which then blow up blocks).

Sean don't be a jerk as its in violation of rule 1 of Smogcraft. If you pull it again you'll be serving an extended sentence.

yo dew/comet/me are getting fireworks together at spawn, so make your own and donate them; we'll set them off in like an hour

edit: uploaded the vid to youtewb

[youtube]3aZDJwOpc38[/youtube]

I'll bring some mycelium to spawn later today. I don't have too much, but you can always make it spread. One block is enough.

Also, fireworks? Are we on 1.4.6 now? :)

Oh my god. 1.5 is going to be so fucking amazing.

13w01a said:
Redstones circuits are more consistent and pistons should be more stable

Added the Redstone Comparator
Added the Daylight Sensor block
Added a Hopper block (still work in progress)

Added a Trapped Chest that activates redstone
  • Gives out a signal depending on the amount of players looking inside. 1 person = 1 signal, 2 people = 2, etc.
  • Crafted with a Chest and a Tripwire Hook.
  • Large Trapped Chests can be staggered with Large Chests to allow more compact storage.
  • Texture is slightly different than a normal chest.

Added Weighted Pressure Plates that detects item stacks
Added Block of Redstone (works as a pushable redstone torch)
Added a new Nether Quartz Ore to the Nether

Added a Nether Brick (item) for crafting Nether Brick blocks
  • Obtained by smelting Netherrack
  • Crafting recipe is 2x2 Nether Bricks.

Inventory changes
  • Holding down the left and right mouse buttons and dragging when holding an item now splits the items across the boxes you dragged over. Left button splits them equally across the boxes and leaves the remainder in your hand. Right mouse button drops them one by one as you drag.
  • Double-clicking an item stacks as much of that item in your inventory as possible (up to a full stack) and picks it up without stacking any other loose stacks together.
  • Double-shift-clicking an item in a chest moves all of that item into your inventory neatly stacked into as few stacks as possible. The opposite is also true, moving all the items to the chest in as few stacks as possible.

BLOCK OF REDSTONE.
Looks awesome, emits a signal, can be moved by pistons. This changes so much.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
And actual craftable Nether Bricks. Finally a use for all that Netherrack.

Tekkit (or more precisely, IC2 and BuildCraft) still has a slight upper hand when it comes to sorting systems and resource gathering and management, but... damn. Playing Vanilla hasn't been that tempting in a long time.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok I guess we can have a myc building at spawn but I swear if any of you try to pull what veedrock did anywhere near spawn I will burn it all to the ground.

I was seriously considering nuking every shroom island before tennisbutt vetoed it.

Also crap I used netherrack all under spawn now there is a use of it for my favorite block!!

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
there's been a patch of mycelium right outside spawn next to the sheep farm for a while...

i also have a ton so if anyone wants some they're more than welcome to it.

ps layell: spawn is a desert so its fairly obvious what should/shouldn't be there!!!

FINALLY. BLOCK OF REDSTONE. Man I have been waiting for this since beta 1.4 when they announced a new redstone thing was coming out I expected a redstone block but it turned out to be repeaters. I don't really know how blocks of redstone would be used in circuits and stuff but I am just excited to use it as decoration ^_^

The Hopper WIP thing looks interesting too and I'm looking forward to its completion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)