Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Hey so in 1.4, Wither Skeletons only spawn in nether fortresses generated post-update. Does anyone have anything of value in the nether other than like cobble pathways and portals or can we delete the whole thing :x

Only building of note I know about is the mansion Grubs froks splatty and I were working on, but I can't even find it anymore so

I'm fine with a Nether reset. It will give us a chance to build a proper Nether hub with rails going to all the major settlements. I have 2 double-chests full of cobble waiting to be used.
oh and glowstone will be reset as well lololol

Also, the server is on hard now? Sal, you owe me 2 wooden doors.

Does anybody know of a good (and preferably beginner-friendly and free) mod loader? I'm looking to get a few mods, but I don't know which loader is the best. Any suggestions help, thx.

Alright so apparently the fact that Wither Skellys (and naturally spawned Blazes, for that matter) only spawn in post-update generated Fortresses is a bug, explained pretty well in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlyGqqHIIVg

If mojang fixes that before the official 1.4 (lol they won't), we might not have to do a Nether reset if the fix involves old fortresses.

However, I'm still down for a Nether reset for the simple reasons of a) new glowstone and b) we could finally build a proper, spawn-proof, safe Nether hub.

Opinions?

I was aware that was the problem, however like you said Mojang will probably be too busy nerfing beacons or doing something else unnecessary and won't add compatibility for old fortresses. Either way, as it is our nether setup is p shitty so I would still be down for a reset :x

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sal and I talked earlier about this and while it will probably get fixed we are willing to restart the nether if this is not so. However 1.4 is a long ways away.

(More netherbrick for CC :D )

Minecon tickets go on sale later, if anyone's interested they've got a count down thing on the site so you can get them as soon as they go on sale... presuming they don't cock it all up!

Also I'd like to keep the nether as is.

Really wish I read about it sooner before people started getting on board because I am infinitely opposed to a Nether reset. I've put way too much effort into it.

This is why I was trading for redstone and raiding the charity house for cobble awhile back.

Not looking to have a public debate about it, just pointing out that, once again, a public consensus about resets doesn't account for everything. I get the reasons behind a Nether reset, and if it's absolutely necessary then mods can talk to me about accommodations.

Really wish I read about it sooner before people started getting on board because I am infinitely opposed to a Nether reset. I've put way too much effort into it.

This is why I was trading for redstone and raiding the charity house for cobble awhile back.

Not looking to have a public debate about it, just pointing out that, once again, a public consensus about resets doesn't account for everything. I get the reasons behind a Nether reset, and if it's absolutely necessary then mods can talk to me about accommodations.
guess you lose

If Sal isn't opposed to it, we can work some MC Edit magic so that everyone wins.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Considering how they plan on effectively killing grinders with loot and exp being based on player damage done I'm sure that grinder will be seeing much use for a long period of time.

Along with all our other ones.

Considering how they plan on effectively killing grinders with loot and exp being based on player damage done I'm sure that grinder will be seeing much use for a long period of time.

Along with all our other ones.
Silly Layell behind on the times, Dinnerbone reversed the nerf

I get the reasons behind a Nether reset, and if it's absolutely necessary then mods can talk to me about accommodations.
Apparently dark skeletons only spawning in new nether forts is a bug, so we may not need to reset. If we do, I would probably MCEdit your gold farm into the new nether. However

Also I'd like to keep the nether as is.
Is there a reason behind you wanting to keep the nether beyond "I like it"? I'd like to please as many parties as I can on this one, and fresh deposits of glowstone are the driving force for many supporters of the reset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)