Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some of you may have noticed spawn has been changing a lot. We put up a new Animal Barn to house all sorts of animals, it's right next to the sheep farm. We are planning a few changes. I've made a 2nd floor to the bank to help me with putting belongings away for inactive people that have been affected by spawn revamps.

The barn is really impressive and considering there were 8 or so of us working together to get all the brick and build it in one day was loads of fun. Expect more spawn management stuff in the future.

EDIT: Ok there is a new bank, it's right at spawn and is much bigger. All vaults are 5*5 now and everything has been moved to the new vaults. Find yours and redecorate. If I know you had some front I moved it as best as I could.

Anyone ells think that we should have a tekkit server?
I love tekkit, but no, smogcraft shouldn't be a tekkit server. Too many complications involved for that to happen.

As a group, the people who are in favor of tekkit can raid a tekkit server and call it our own, like we do with anarchy servers. So that could be a thing.

So Asdfy and myself have been away from smog for a while now much like everyone else. we decided to start a LAN world and set off on adventures. we have been through a few worlds, starting little settlements but never getting anywhere until this particular map that we have actually settled down on =)

i am actually quite proud of our little valley, we have lots things thanks to its location; deserts, tundra, swamp and forest are all around our home so we have access to all they bring. underneath our valley there is a mineshaft system and many spawner's, we have a zombie grinder for exp =D. we know where three villages are and are in the process of moving a village over to our valley. one of the villagers trades emeralds for wheat and we have plenty of wheat =D. we also know where the stronghold is thanks to eye of ender's from the villagers as well.
ill upload some more pictures as we progress if you guys would like. =) (such as actually furnishing our house >.>)

i'll probably start looking for some servers, i'll edit 2 or 3 into this post for you guys to look at

Edit: found a few servers with factions/pvp/no whitelist

Soviet craft: mc.sovietcraft.us
clash-craft: tekkit.clash-craft.com
Neonbacon: mc.neonbacon.com

the people who want to tekkit raid, have a look at theses

I think the neonbacon is the best, also please post coords of you factory/base so we can build together as one smogcompany

i'll probably start looking for some servers, i'll edit 2 or 3 into this post for you guys to look at

Edit: found a few servers with factions/pvp/no whitelist

Soviet craft: mc.sovietcraft.us
clash-craft: tekkit.clash-craft.com
Neonbacon: mc.neonbacon.com

the people who want to tekkit raid, have a look at theses
I think the neonbacon is the best, also please post coords of you factory/base so we can build together as one smogcompany
Boro, tennis, penguin, and I have decided to join a tekkit server at this IP:
bloodcraft.bloodlegion.org

You are welcome to join us. Skype is highly recommended if you are beginner, so we can help you out.

Oh, and no ponies allowed.

I've always been under the belief that the admin vault was stupid. I figured if someone was perma-banned then the community should be able to go full anarchy on the house (tear it down, raid the chests, etc.). So for the weekend before Halloween we will be hosting a Hunger Games map that will decide who gets what out of the vault. We still need to figure out what first, second, third, and so on will get for winning and the map is still in progress, but we should be ready to go by then. To give you an idea of what's at stake here, there are 88 diamond blocks currently in the admin vault, in addition to a few stacks of glowstone, a LOT of diamond tools, and some of the coveted mossy stone brick.

As for the map itself, you'll be able to break blocks unlike other Hunger Games maps. You only have one life, so the OO:SOS practice of throwing unlimited lives at the enemy won't work here. The theme of the map?

While the map is very cool, I feel that it may not be the best idea to allow you to break blocks, since that means you can just hide underground and hold shift the entire battle. It also means you can go mining for iron, meaning you can get an advantage through iron tools and armour. I feel as this is the survival games, that we should stick true to the official rules, especially since this is for something actually semi serious.

EDIT: Also, for some weird reason im not whitelisted on the OOSOS server. Could someone help me out here?

I think Xaq already suggested something along these lines, but how about half of the stuff goes to prizes for first second third etc, and the other half is split up and used to reward kills. So if 8 people are playing, each kill you get gives you 1/16 of the vault contents, and the prizes are like 1/5 for First etc?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After the Hunger Games thing is over I also promise to reveal the location of the admin vault, as I am still very proud of where it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)