Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

was I the only one that started to get worried there? anyway I think the server is great and imo it has a better feel then last time. if people get perks for donating thats fine by me as long as they dont use it to ruin the game for other people. I will not be donating becuse I do not have the money but im fine with not being able to fly or get free diamonds or whatever. for me the game is at its best when you have to fight to survive and prosper, so for me donating would ruin the games feel. I just want to say that the server is great and the people are great and lets keep it that way.

(ps) but it would be nice if it was easier to get whitlisted

was I the only one that started to get worried there? anyway I think the server is great and imo it has a better feel then last time. if people get perks for donating thats fine by me as long as they dont use it to ruin the game for other people. I will not be donating becuse I do not have the money but im fine with not being able to fly or get free diamonds or whatever. for me the game is at its best when you have to fight to survive and prosper, so for me donating would ruin the games feel. I just want to say that the server is great and the people are great and lets keep it that way.

(ps) but it would be nice if it was easier to get whitlisted
The only thing donating gives you is access to the /nick command.

That is and will be the only donating perk. There is no donating for diamonds or flying or anything like that.

It was a joke.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
<&tennisace> magic 8 ball, will bukkit update before december 19th?
<ium> magic 8 ball: it is certain
<&v> ¤¡¤
<&tennisace> magic 8 ball, will bukkit update to 1.4.6 before december 19th?
<ium> magic 8 ball: don't count on it

guys i need halp D=.
so say i was thinking of building a giant spire on smog craft with a max height or around 200 (can be smaller.) i've started some planning for it but im not sure how to make it more.... spire-y. maybe you guys can give some opinions on how to improve this very VERY early concept.
what i got so far,

the curve i think is too big and out of proportion but when i try to make it smaller it ruins the shape i kinda want; knowing me though what i want in my head will be impossible to do ingame lol.
I'd like to try to make its shape more simmilar to something like this
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Grand_Spellbook_Tower

of course if i spent enough time on it i could probably get it right but i thought i might try and speed that process up, cheers to any who decide to help ^-^.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
First of all, if you're going to build this, then please build it away from spawn and other major settlements! Secondly, if you're trying to draw a curve in minecraft, you're gonna have a bad time. :p You're really going to struggle with making a smooth curve with as much radial variation as shown on your reference image. I suppose a good start would be using this chart to come up with circular cross sections for your building, and then you can stack them on top of each other appropriately to get the smooth curve you want.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1. Go to MS Paint
2. Select Curvy line tool
3. Select 1 pixel thikness
4. Create a curved line
5. Zoom in and copy that bugger

Yeah this is certainly a thing you want to run in creative or heck start in mcedit since this will give you a huge headache. With pixel art curves ideally you want the length of each horizontal branch to be one pixel higher or lower than the previous one. So with a line going horizontally slightly 5-4-3-2-1 looks nice and clean compared to 5-3-4-2-1, each slope should be gradual with pixel art and even having a two high and then a couple of one highs looks really rough and bad.

chival That looks nice but you should go all the way to sky limit to make it more pointy, and in my opinion I say if you make it look good it should be close to spawn. Do you have a biome in mind for it?

Thanks for the feed back, ill try out your guys ideas after christmas. and to answer your questions erisia and megados, dw if you know anything about me on smog ive never built too close to spawn. i plan to most likely build it out to sea in one of the ocean biomes.
p.s. those who played tekkit with me may know where this project is headed everyone else you'll just have to wait =P

So I spawned a Wither in my Creative single-player just to try it. I'm curious if anyone else in this Smogon community got this vibe...

=

Hydreigon Dex entries:
Black: This brutal Pokémon travels the skies on its six wings. Anything that moves seems like a foe to it, triggering its attack.
BW2: It responds to movement by attacking. This scary, three-headed Pokémon devours everything in its path!

Flies around... Destroys everything in its path... Holds the side two heads at a kind of hand/arm like angle when killing everything... "Crunches" blocks around it... "Dark" oriented...

Anybody else see this, or am I just a Hydreigon nut?

EDIT: Looking, the 6 wings could be the 6 ribs of the Wither too... Maybe Jeb likes Pokemon...?

I totally thought that when I first saw the Wither. I said that basically is a Hydreigon like mob. And it's as deadly as him too.

Also a little out of the blue. How does minecraft run with macs? MacBook airs?

<3 you layell =) thanks for the suggestion it helped so much; here are some pictures so you can see how it looks now =)

just ignore the wool, begginings of planning for the next step =p

just you =P
on another note, has anyone had any experience with 1.whatever it is next with the fireworks and shit? do you know if it still has the weird bug when your digging down and you fall even crouching? or am i just making this all up and im just hardcore laggy? either is possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)