Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

So for some reason there ware a lot of down votes to me joining that server. and I cant help but wonder why, have I done anything on the smog server that was bad? if so please tell me and ill try and fix it.

Generally, saying you'll 'dominate' a server pretty much rings several alarm bells on folks, as it all but screams 'I kill people, steal their shit and wreck their builds because I'm hard.' Trying to act hard is fine and all, but it makes you out to be a selfish prick in the end and that frankly is something the guys here seek to avoid.

In other news, why the hell are CTM maps so damn addictive yet so damn hard?

Generally, saying you'll 'dominate' a server pretty much rings several alarm bells on folks, as it all but screams 'I kill people, steal their shit and wreck their builds because I'm hard.' Trying to act hard is fine and all, but it makes you out to be a selfish prick in the end and that frankly is something the guys here seek to avoid.

In other news, why the hell are CTM maps so damn addictive yet so damn hard?
Dem spawners...and if you're vechs' inferno mines and his update of sunburn islands...custom mobs.

His chars in the haunted mines of sunburn islands can go screw themselves.

I think a ghast put the portal out in the nether and I was wondering if its ok to just go getting flint and steel go back in and relight it, I'm still in there though(not online though).
EDIT: My god that was typed horribly, sorry.

Sorry to double post but just here to say I made a cave spider grinder near my home, will make an entrance for everyone to find soon but its under the ocean. Just thought it was something worth mentioning.

13w18a: finally introduced the Block of Coal.
Can smelt 72 items like 9 coal and looks pretty awesome.

Is there still activity on smogcraft? I hope to see some of you around when I finally get all my computer parts and build the damn thing. :/

I get on atleast 4/7 days of the week so you would see me, and I updated my minecraft to 1.5.2 so I cant get on smogcraft, how do I un-install my update? Or are we going to update also?

We're probably going to update sooner or later, but for now you can go into your appdata/.minecraft folder and just switch out the .jar files. Minecraft creates backups of older versions, just locate the jar file for 1.5.2 file (named just minecraft.jar), rename it to something, locate the 1.5.1 .jar and rename it to minecraft.jar. Bam, you're on 1.5.1 again.

You get into the folder by pressing the windows-key + R and type in %appdata%, and open the .minecraft folder. The .jar files are in the folder named "bin".

Again, the "minecraft.jar" file is the one your game is currently using (1.5.2) and all the other ones are backups created by the game and labeled with their respective version number.

That's a shame :(

Well, I only started playing Minecraft in version 1.0 and most of you have started earlier than me, so maybe that'll happen to me at some point too. But for right now, I enjoy playing on the server.

Does that decrease in activity mean we'll close the server at some point?

I'd be up for starting a completely fresh town if people wanna play with me? I think it would be cool if built it in a completely isolated region and didn't bring supplies with us (or at least put a cap on what we could take with us, I enjoy the struggle for survival).

Maybe it's just me, but I find I stop playing once I have everything I need (mob grinder, farms, etc). So starting out fresh and being unable to import supplies to the new town sounds really appealing to me.

If we found a decently large island, that'd serve as a swell base. Maybe we can add additional rules to make the experience fresh (kind of like how people play Nuzlocke challenges).

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
new snapshots show that lava removes itself properly now

goodnight sweet lava griefing prince

rip in peace

smogcraft is pretty dead. the idea of playing the same survival server for too long is just too dull for most of us, i guess.
It's not necessarily that for me. I love the survival map and such. I have two problems that prevent my playing. One is that Minecraft rushes hit me in phases. That's my own thing. Two is that the server updates are particularly frustrating. I know since you guys use Bukkit it's not in your hands, but either having to wait a month after an update for Smogcraft to update or fiddling around with my .minecraft file all the time to play Smogcraft then back for creative with new stuff or with other people already updated are irksome. Which turns off whatever Minecraft spree I had going. I get excited for an update, then immediately turned off once it happens...

Two is that the server updates are particularly frustrating. I know since you guys use Bukkit it's not in your hands, but either having to wait a month after an update for Smogcraft to update or fiddling around with my .minecraft file all the time to play Smogcraft then back for creative with new stuff or with other people already updated are irksome. Which turns off whatever Minecraft spree I had going. I get excited for an update, then immediately turned off once it happens...
Pretty much this. It'd be nice if the updates came with backwards compatibility so that you could play on servers a version or two behind, but that might be too difficult to implement.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think the Block of Coal will also benefit mods like those included in Tekkit(Lite), because they allow coal-powered engines and generators to work a lot longer without refueling.

Also, I hope that oceans get some love soon from Mojang. At the moment, oceans are just too bland. Dirt and some sand and stone buried under an inconvenient mass of water with nothing in it but squids. I'd be happy even with as little as ore generation being increased in Ocean biomes, meaning that subsea mining would be worth the effort. Of course, it would be even cooler with sunken cities, shipwrecks, seaweed and coral reefs, but anything would be appreciated. Oceans are currently very boring, and they do fill a huge portion of the map.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So a while back I made a new version of the oosos player selector that would be completely random (the one we always used would only pick one purple and one green team member). With the redstone block as well as a few other things I figured I could remake it and actually finish it since it would be much more compact. Although we don't exactly play oosos much anymore, this was more for the challenge.

A general view

The other side and the first selector

Standard names

I got creative

even chooses your number of players how novel.

The only thing I really need to add is an arena for the two players to both teleport too and a simple system to put them on both sides and to start the second selector.

How it works is that the selectors are activated when two of the first six pressure pads are stepped on, then once all players are stepping on the plates the first player chosen teleport. On the second random selector all colours except red are there, if a colour was already chosen it is rewired to red. The small problem is that the server may have to restart in the event of needing to do a second arena selection, but this is oosos where the server restarts after each game it shouldn't be a problem.

So I've been paying for the server for quite some time at this point and I don't really care to keep it up anymore, to be honest. The community has mostly died off and split their own ways with a remaining 1 - 2 people at most on at a time. I'd love to be able to keep a space up for Smogoners to play with one another at all times, but $30/month is far too much for something I don't even utilize myself anymore.

I'm stepping down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)