Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

how much were you guys spending on the server, and how many slots did we normally take up (I know we didn't hit the cap even when we were killing the enderdragon)?

hello. here i must extend my thanks to everyone who was a part of the smogcraft staff over the years:

dan dan, father of smogcraft, thank you for your part in spearheading the initiative to make minecraft on smogon happen. for months afterward while i was being lazy and negligent you were working as the face and also the lungs of our operation. if anyone is king on smogcraft, it is you :)

xaqwais thanks for making lots of backups and for bringing your cool, level-headed judgment to every dispute, and, probably more than anything else, for making sure i did my job

benvdd you get no thanks because i never see you anymore what the fuck

layell you get all the thanks due to ben for keeping the server from disintegrating into buggy chaos. also even though we don't always get along your pluck and dedication have been a boon to deare smogcrafte and i am glad to have had you on board

tennisace props for using your celebrity status to make smogcraft a cool and happening spot! (further thanks withheld until you pay reparations for my smoldering prostate)

and sal, buddy, i salute you for keeping the dream alive as long as you could. you were a worthy successor, thank you for taking care of my baby

but the greatest thanks of all go to you: the player: for playing!!!! minecraft is a good game on its own, but it's only a great one when you have a community like ours working together to make something greater. the highest joy in minecraft is to watch an empty, lonely world fill up with human spirit and creativity, to build a community with old friends and new ones, to adventure among the caverns and monuments of your burgeoning universe and forge new experiences together. to everyone who contributed to smogcraft over the last, i say thanks for helping make the smogcraft experience everything that it was. here's to old stories and to new ones ahead :heart:

your pal, forks!!!

So...... what will happen to this thread then? Will it continue to live on? Or will it eventually fall into a deep abyss with no hope of being necro'd? I personally hope that this thread will continue breathing, but things aren't looking too good.

Heh, I'm glad we never did get around to making a new topic, going back through all my old posts for nostalgia :toast:

My previous post still stands though, y'all were dicks.

Oh, I found a post saying I had like 5 minecraft accounts. My paypal account backs up the claim, but I only remember 4 of the accounts. How the heck do I contact Mojang about this, I can't find any kind of contact info.

I commend a lot of you for being so dedicated and investing so much time and money in this 'game'. I've never understood the attraction to it, but I can only assume a lot of the joy comes from the discussions and bond while playing this thing with others.

It was enjoyable reading this thread throughout.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The seed was 1447791125

you will not spawn right at the servers spawn point but down a ways from the desert. If you go up and to right from that seed you should find "spawn" before we flattened it. It think I'll go take a look too

Anyone know any good survival servers? I have kinda been playing single player and hunger games and wanna get in a survival server like smogons. Thanks.

who made those huge ass cobble things? the second one is pretty awesome actually. it's kind of fun to climb up it.

also i've been trying to replicate it in my testworld but so far it doesn't even resemble smogcraft's masterpiece. /sad

We used to use this site, but it looks like they are no longer available. You can try the links they posted, but Smogcraft never used them, so no guarantees on what you'll get out of them.

If anyone wants I think i can get them on a server that is semi-vanilla. There is no tnt and lava and creepers dont dont destroy anything except underground, but i think i can get the admin to change it cause its a relatively new. The admins havent been on for awhile but thats cause they are busy. The mods on the server is 4 /homes and tp's to people. griefprevention which is a land claim system which ill ask the admin to get rid of maybe. diablodrops which is kind of cheap but i dont think he will get rid of it plus its kind of interesting. There is a dynamic map and heres the url http://192.210.228.164:8111/ . Heres the reddit page you can post your username and stuff so he can add you and please like his reddit post because he needs the likes. http://www.reddit.com/r/mcservers/comments/1eztyd/the_epik_server_smp_semivanilla_whitelist/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)