Mirror Match Tournament - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
letting my opponent anti-h have the win. i haven't really had the urge to build a proper team for this thing, and we have terrible time zones, so i'll let my opponent pass through.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Beat Coronis 2:0 overall (vader's and his team). Won second match in a very tense, prediction filled match, tried to calc the deciding move, flipped back to check timer and saw it was at 5 seconds. Made a snap decision at 2 seconds remaining >_>.

Mirror matches are even more fun than I expected!

Been trying to contact -mind- and he has yet to respond. We have done one battle and he still hasn't posted his team.

Lost 0-2 to Master of the Six Kings. Luck won it, despite us both playing well. All in all, he probably deserved it, but 2x crits in both games sped it up quite a bit. I'd also like to express my distaste with the fact that the Host team has no way to stop Gligar, so first to RP wins. Nevertheless, good games and good job Master. Good luck in future rounds

I agree with the distasteful win with the host team. And confirming wins. Had a lot of salt in wound crits, but as said, one crit espically, but two noteably increased the pace of our games.

Great first game Class, was one of the more fun games i've played in a while.

shit, forgot about this. sorry I didn't post my team earlier.

Darkrai @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Void
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse
---
Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 100 HP/100 Atk/100 Def/100 Spd/100 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Extremespeed
- Shadow Claw
---
Arceus @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 100 HP/100 Atk/100 Def/100 Spd/100 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Brick Break
- Recover
---
Dialga @ Adamant Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 120 HP/136 Atk/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock
---
Wobbuffet (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP/228 Def/252 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Counter
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond
---
Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
---

well, Lord Liam and I have quite the problem on our hands.

I won Little Cup largely in part due to a aqua tail miss from his Gliscor vs. Mine

1-0 Me

The next game was a fun NU match that couldve gone either way but I sacced Sandslash at the wrong time allowing his Choice Specs Manectric to sweep me. GG

1-1 Tied

This third game is where things get tricky. The score is 4-2 and Lord Liam is dominating me, largely in part due to his Metagross dominating my Heatran with an Earthquake that I thought Heatran would surely survive with Shuca Berry and full health. 108% damage. So back to the 4-2 game:

I get my Metagross in on a Latias Dragon Pulse to Rock Polish and sweep the rest of his team (something it would have no trouble doing bar a MM miss). He sends in Heatran at full health with Shuca Berry to take the Earthquake, and miraculously it survives only taking 88% damage. Wait, what? How did this happen? After some calcs, it seems like Lord Liam put Adamant instead of Jolly which I run.

What should we do? My team's strategy is largely lost because he now knows that my Metagross outspeeds Flygon after a Rock Polish. Its up to you ErictheEspeon, and I will go along with whatever you decide.

I beat Wraith 2-1 on aggregate. He accidentally loaded the wrong team and won but then we had a rematch and I won 1-0 very close ggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)