Miscast

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Casting directors have made some baffling decisions, and the choice of actors can often leave viewers shaking their heads.

Some are very obvious, such as:

Some are punching above their weight, such as:

Others are just off-putting, all but killing the movies that they feature in

What are some egregiously miscast actors / actresses you've noticed in TV and films?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I thought Michael Cera as Scott Pilgrim was a pretty good choice. Scott is almost an impossible role to fill and Cera did a pretty good job really...

you could make a movie with all these miscast characters!

Miscast, directed by Fatecrashers. Coming soon to a theater near you.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
about George Clooney as batman, you have to understand that it's a troll film so in that context is he well-casted

and as miscast as michael cera may have been in scott pilgrim, it was at least nice seeing him (somewhat) break out from his regular roles

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tom Cruise should not have been in the Last Samurai. At all. In fact, there shouldn't have been any white guy at all.

End story

Angelina Jolie or Megan Fox in any movie where their role is supposed to be that of an attractive woman. See: The Tourist, Transformers

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Cera gets a lot of flack for his portrayal of Scott, but I think he does a damn good job at portraying Scott. His comedic timing is incredible.

Can you think of anyone else who could portray this?

BLASPHEMY! YOU NEED TO BE BURNED!! Really, Cera was perfect as Scott. I actually liked the movie better than the novels. Though i guess that's because i love Edgar way too much and nothing he does is ever wrong.

Woody Harrelson as haymitch
I disagree. I think he was perfect for that role unlike Jennifer Lawrence who did a poor job as Katniss.The film adaptation of the book was also awful but then again the book wasnt a great piece of literature.

Halle Berry as Catwoman was another bad decision.

It is actually not Hayden Christensen's fault he sucked, George Lucas made it so that everyone sucks!

andrew garfield as spider-man and emma stone as gwen stacy. don't get me wrong, i love emma stone but that role was an insult to her talents

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)