Ladder Mix and Mega

It's on purpose, because it was a complex ban on the stone iirc. All the stones restricted to all but a few Pokemon (like Blazikenite and the aforementioned Medichamite) were changed from the complex ban of having only Pokemon capable of having the ability they granted to only the Pokemon the Mega Stone is intended to be used on.
Oh. I wasn't aware of that because it is still on the viability rankings.

OK, VR Update...

Lugia has been moved to C
Mandibuzz has been added to B-
Kyurem-W is now unranked

Some more nominations:

Ho-Oh up to A-. Solid check to Pidgeotite Gengar, unless it runs Thunder which I'm seeing less and less of. Choice Band with Sleep Talk is a great wallbreaker that doesn't need a mega stone. Mandates hazard removal, which keeps it out of A

Weavile down to A. Very fast and hits hard, but it's just so frail, and with that terrible defensive typing it can't switch into anything but Psychic type moves. And the two most prominent Psychic-types (Mew and Victini) can both wreck it anyway. And that massive weakness to Pixi Speed doesn't help either

Kyurem-B down to D / Unranked. Why wouldn't I just give regular Kyurem the Glalite? It would have the exact same base Attack, 20 more Speed and it would have a physical Ice STAB in Return. As far as I can make out, Fusion Bolt is Black's niche over Kyurem - and it needs max Attack and Life Orb to 2HKO Aggronite Slowbro and Slowbronite Suicune (and it's not guaranteed on the latter).

Slowbro up to A-. Since it can now hold the Sablenite, status is much less of a problem than before. Reliable recovery and STAB Psyshock give it a niche over Suicune.

Slowking up to B+. Pretty much the same reasons as Slowbro.

Some more nominations:

Ho-Oh up to A-. Solid check to Pidgeotite Gengar, unless it runs Thunder which I'm seeing less and less of. Choice Band with Sleep Talk is a great wallbreaker that doesn't need a mega stone. Mandates hazard removal, which keeps it out of A

Weavile down to A. Very fast and hits hard, but it's just so frail, and with that terrible defensive typing it can't switch into anything but Psychic type moves. And the two most prominent Psychic-types (Mew and Victini) can both wreck it anyway. And that massive weakness to Pixi Speed doesn't help either
Ho-Oh to A-: Agree
Not only does this Pokemon wall Pidgegar, it also acts a a decent -ate check, only really losing to stone edge. Sacred fire is pretty good when you don't really mind Skarmory and can beat Ferrothorn/Scizor, while brave bird hits like a truck. I'm not super invested in this, but its a good nom.

Weavile Down to A: Agree
As the person who nommed it, Weavile is super underwhelming. Not much else to say.

Kyurem-B down to D / Unranked. Why wouldn't I just give regular Kyurem the Glalite? It would have the exact same base Attack, 20 more Speed and it would have a physical Ice STAB in Return. As far as I can make out, Fusion Bolt is Black's niche over Kyurem - and it needs max Attack and Life Orb to 2HKO Aggronite Slowbro and Slowbronite Suicune (and it's not guaranteed on the latter).

Slowbro up to A-. Since it can now hold the Sablenite, status is much less of a problem than before. Reliable recovery and STAB Psyshock give it a niche over Suicune.

Slowking up to B+. Pretty much the same reasons as Slowbro.
Kyurem-B down to Unranked: Agree
Its pretty much unusable in Ubers, and here its worse. Don't use this, please. Aside form the pportunity cost of no regular kyurem, it also has no saving grace.

Slowbro up to A-: Disagree

The metagame isn't too kind to it, between Suicune, Raikou, Primal Groudon and Hoopa-U. While it does beat Keldeo and -ate, thats a) all its doing, and b) it despises burns. It's not super bulky, lacks Regen post mega, and takes your sablenite. It's fine where it is.

Slowking up to B+: Disagree
Pretty much the same reasons as Slowbro, and while it beats Keldeo slightly better it now is a much shaier -ate check.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Ho-Oh to A-: Agree
Not only does this Pokemon wall Pidgegar, it also acts a a decent -ate check, only really losing to stone edge. Sacred fire is pretty good when you don't really mind Skarmory and can beat Ferrothorn/Scizor, while brave bird hits like a truck. I'm not super invested in this, but its a good nom.
I didn't mention this earlier, but with a 110 base SpA and access to Thunder Blue Orb Skarm isn't a big deal. Thunder can easily be placed into its Band set over Earthquake or if your team really needs Skarm out of the way, Life Orb can function identically to Choice Band but with the option to break Blue Orb Skarm pretty easily via Thunder.

Mega_Blaziken_Special-X-and-Y.jpg

SUSPECT 3.1 Feel the Heat

Blazikenite is being suspect tested. Blazikenite gives you 40+ attack, 10+ defence, 20+ special attack, 10+ special defence and +20 speed. However, it grants the user the ability speed boost raising the users speed by one stage at the end of ever turn. Previously only Blaziken could hold Blazikenite but now anything not banned to MnM Ubers will be able to use it.

Blazikenite will further increase the viability of balance teams, as pokemon who usually have the bulk to take on -ateSpeeders are far to slow to compete versus MnM offence. Perhaps we will see a steep decline in atespeeders, or they'll be even more common to revenge kill these fearsome new sweepers.

That's what we're here to discuss. As of now Blazikenite will be unbanned and the suspect will last until the 20th. The current qualifications for the suspect is

• You need to have Heat in your name, if you don't then you don't qualify. Example:
    Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 13.49.05.png
  • You need to have played more than 25 battles this is to make sure you're not sweeping the low ladder to get reqs!
  • You need to reach a GXE of 78.
  • You need to explain the reasoning behind your decision, with a paragraph or two
These are higher reqs than last time, but that's fine. I'm sure you'll survive ;) I want to encourage you all to actually use Blazikenite and not simply use your old team - you can't expect your opponent to use it because they might not go on the forums. By simply using it a little yourself you spread the news! I know I'm going to be enjoying Landorus-Therian with it!

Here is the suspect song, enjoy ;)

drat harvesting low ladder for reqs was my plan

tbh I like having to do 25 battles or more, it was far too easy for someone as bad haxed as often as me to get reqs. I like the idea of a steel type blazikenite user (to resist all the -ates), but I don't know many good steels that would appreciate blazikenite outside of like Metagross.

drat harvesting low ladder for reqs was my plan

tbh I like having to do 25 battles or more, it was far too easy for someone as bad haxed as often as me to get reqs. I like the idea of a steel type blazikenite user (to resist all the -ates), but I don't know many good steels that would appreciate blazikenite outside of like Metagross.
Excadrill is gonna be a big threat, with its base 175 Atk and SD

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Are you for real?
Im not gonna play until thats banned again!
A better solution would be to ladder for reqs and then vote ban :toast:

----

Until BP clause is properly implemented...

Volbeat (M) @ Blazikenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Substitute

which is fairly self-explanatory. There's also this:

Darmanitan @ Blazikenite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Fire Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Rock Slide / Earthquake / [other move]

EVs ensure you can live a Entei's Pixilate Espeed after a drum* (thanks to the resist), and you outspeed base 170s at +1. Hammer Arm beats Blue Orb Skarm/Ferro. Last slot is your preferred coverage move.

* 252+ Atk Pixilate Entei Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 12 Def Darmanitan: 148-175 (42.1 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Thinking about it, Exca does seem like an excellent abuser of Blazikenite. SD, 175 base attack after mega, STAB EQ and Rock Slide allowing it to potentially skill it's way past more specially defensive skarms, not to mention it's an excellent -atespeed check, resisting both Fairy and Flying. I don't think any 'mon gets ice -atespeed, the closest is Glalitite Weavile's Quick Attack but Exca can take that easily and decimate it with Rock Slide. Now, with a HO team built in like 15 minutes, time to fail miserably at getting reqs haha

I would say Volcarona in B is not right.
When you get a Quiver Dance off, and combined with the ridiculous 185 base Special Attack (with a nature that is boosting it) and after a Fiery Dance's boost (so it has 2x Sp Atk) it already has more as 1000 Sp Atk. Any team slacking a pinsirite extremespeed user (which are actually rare, luckily) or the particular 'mon has fainted earlier in the battle, this thing is unstoppable. In any way. Of course, a Salamencite Weavile will still be able to kill it, but I havent seen such thing.
Also, I think Scrafty Diancite should be in like C or B-, set up D dance when nit mega, mega evovle and start to sweep with some ridiculous stats. Its frail and its typing makes it get rid off easily with pixispeed but still. Its really good.

Most any boosting Pokemon weak to Atespeed without Atespeed of its own to countermand its weakness (so literally just Zygarde) is not going to sweep any time soon unless your opponent plays like garbage and sacks their check before it does its job.

Also, Aerilate ES is actually still quite common. Common enough that 90% of the successful teams posted in this thread have separate Pixi- and Aer-Speed checks. I haven't built a team this month without either, at least.

Glalitite Weavile's raw damage is definitely a little underwhelming with all the -ated Extreme Speed running around, that's true. Fake Out + Feint simply doesn't hit hard enough to take out many ESpeeders without a significant amount of prior damage, especially when Entei and Arcanine are two of the most common ESpeeders. On the other hand, its high Speed is enough that most offensive Pokémon who lack ESpeed can be hit with its very high-powered Return/Frustration or Double-Edge. And as much as it is weak to PixiSpeed, it can inflict major damage on things that go for STAB AeriSpeed unless they're Fire-type, and other Ground-, Flying-, or Dragon-types are reasonably common. The problem, of course, is that it can't really switch in without either a slow Volt Switch/U-turn/Baton Pass or one of your Pokémon being KO'd immediately prior.

A better solution would be to ladder for reqs and then vote ban :toast:

----

Until BP clause is properly implemented...

Volbeat (M) @ Blazikenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Substitute

which is fairly self-explanatory. There's also this:

Darmanitan @ Blazikenite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Fire Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Rock Slide / Earthquake / [other move]

EVs ensure you can live a Entei's Pixilate Espeed after a drum* (thanks to the resist), and you outspeed base 170s at +1. Hammer Arm beats Blue Orb Skarm/Ferro. Last slot is your preferred coverage move.

* 252+ Atk Pixilate Entei Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 12 Def Darmanitan: 148-175 (42.1 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Actually, that's what Im secretly doing now under the name "CSPDRHEAT"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)