Side Monotype Ladder Tour 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

p2

Banned deucer.
ok i'll be more reasonable rather than shitposting

why was entei denied his spot in playoffs when he didn't break any rules?
  • his account was registered on the 17th, the same day the cycle went up
  • his account still technically had lt3 in it
  • the ladder bot also followed his games
another thing that seems very biased and unfair is the fact that you told thimo that his name was fine, but not entei despite him posting earlier than thimo?

i don't get it, set a precedent and stick by it, don't allow other users to get away with it even though they did the exact same thing, and at least maintain the consistency because why change the tag in the first place? entei definitely deserves his spot in playoffs though and you shouldn't punish him because you didn't warn him before he laddered all the way up.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ok i'll be more reasonable rather than shitposting

why was entei denied his spot in playoffs when he didn't break any rules?
  • his account was registered on the 17th, the same day the cycle went up
  • his account still technically had lt3 in it
  • the ladder bot also followed his games
another thing that seems very biased and unfair is the fact that you told thimo that his name was fine, but not entei despite him posting earlier than thimo?

i don't get it, set a precedent and stick by it, don't allow other users to get away with it even though they did the exact same thing, and at least maintain the consistency because why change the tag in the first place? entei definitely deserves his spot in playoffs though and you shouldn't punish him because you didn't warn him before he laddered all the way up.
We have the tag so it is easy to identify people on the ladder that are participating in a specific cycle. You can ladder on an account without registering it, so the registration date is mostly meaningless. The tag changes each round so people can't ladder early.

It makes 0 sense for me to allow non-approved tags when that person never approached me (or Bush, at the time) about why they had an incorrect tag. It is completely unfair to the other participants in that cycle that followed the rules.

Thimo's account seems to be what you're basing most of this off of? He messaged me within an hour or two of messing up and I could confirm it was an honest mistake. That is why his was allowed. I never heard anything from the person with the MLT3 account.

you shouldn't punish him because you didn't warn him before he laddered all the way up.
That is completely backwards. It is on the participants to read and follow the simple rules in an announcement, not the hosts to go around and find each individual that didn't didn't bother to look at the most important line of the post.

He had two options to not make this a problem:
1) take 2 minutes to read the announcement and pick the correct tag (or rather, 10 seconds to read the bolded line with the tag!)

2) he could have messaged me when he realized the tag was wrong to say "Hey, I didn't read the announcement and started with the wrong tag. Is it ok if I keep using it?". In this case, he'd have gotten the same treatment as Thimo: if I could confirm he didn't ladder before the cycle started, then he could use the account.

Instead, he disregarded the rules for the whole cycle and I have no way of confirming if the account is good. There is no way I'm allowing that account in the playoffs. He can still play in cycle 4 to qualify (protip: the tag is LT4).

TL;DR: Just read and follow the rules. When someone inevitably chooses not to, they should at least let the hosts know so they have some chance of not being dq'd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)