Team Monotype Premier League V - Discussion Thread

Thank you for the draft, I'm pretty sure I'm weaker than all of you anyways. Have fun.
psh don't go into the tour with that kind of attitude you got picked cause one of the managers were impressed with your skills, if you need help ask your team they will defenitly help you. I'll help too since im bored with nothing to do

I used to have that kind of attitude a long time ago... Not exactly the best mindset to have playing a hard game of skill, luck and matchups

Oh, wait I wasn't actually picked... Because, well, everyone has been in top 10 multiple times with different accounts, so I guess that's fair. Everything that smogon does is just and undoubtedly logic.

Oh, wait I wasn't actually picked... Because, well, everyone has been in top 10 multiple times with different accounts, so I guess that's fair. Everything that smogon does is just and undoubtedly logic.
Lol then I guess learn and get better, maybe watch the tour like I will, It should help learn by watching some of greatest members in the game

Hello everyone, I will attempt to improve upon the infamous Unbiased Power Rankings from MWP. Most, if not all of these teams look atrocious so I will attempt to sort through the trash.

1) Hearthome Honchkrows: Squad: Sabella, 1 True Lycan, Star, Bitana, Clearly, Teddeh, Crashy, Jase The World, TheArchitect, Oberyn

Honchkrows got Star on a 13k retain effectively giving them the best team from the very beginning. Personally, I don't think they had a very good draft but it is still the best team on paper. Teddeh, who went for rather cheap imo, had a very good world cup with his UK manager Lycan who team again. Rumors are that Clearly has cursed every team he has ever touched so other teams will be desperate for that to continue. Everyone knows how good lycan has been in these tours and how good Star is. Bitana is capable. Their bench is a major issue where they have 'carried to multiple ring user Jase the World' and fellow 'carried to multiple rings user Crashy' or possibly TheArchitect, a Rouge?! goon who has impressed a former member of this community. None are inspiring. Oberyn was stolen from me and is a solid pick at the end but if he does poorly along with the other slot that belongs on a bench, and sabella continues to have subpar records in mono tours, this team could find it difficult to breeze through the weeks as expected. However, I expect sabella to put up records like he can and get this team into the playoffs with a top 2 seed if they keep the Clearly curse out.

2) Goldenrod Gengars: Squad: Chaitanya, Waszap, Finchinator, dahli, Evigaro, Arkenciel, Feitan the steam, KuraiTenshi26, Megazard, Toadow, Dak Prescott, London13

Next, as the goat Charmflash himself did, I put my own team at number 2. I can just as easily see us a lot lower but because no rankings are truly unbiased here we are. However, like Charmflash was, I am happy with my draft and am hopeful for this season. I don't think a lot separates 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 but as Charmflash was, I am probably wrong. We are relying on Arkenciel in oras who is like 3-10 and spends more time on a side server? Yikes. Tryhard ass Finchinator will probably settle into oras rather quickly (hopefully), and considering it is a bunch of medicham users and medicham cteamers, there is a glimmer of hope there. Feitan has impressed a lot of people but was pretty average on a terrible Europe team in wcop but with better support in Waszap and I, should be better. Evigaro had a decent wcop which hopefully translates to mpl. KuraiTenshi26 also had a good wcop which again hopefully translates here and Dak in the back is nice support. The substitutes aren't the most promising, but not many are and there's some variety that keeps me hopeful. If one of our SM slots is underwhelming this could go downhill fast. Old gen spots are unproven even though finch should be fine in any slot. Overall we're SM heavy and I think old gens will make or break us. Like I said we could end up a bottom half team if our old gens go to crap but I expect to do well.

3) Meteor Falls Miniors: Squad: Paleo, Attribute, Freeroamer, ima, xiri, skysolo14, MJ, Alkione, H.M.N.I.P, Twilight Solace, Entei, Zesty43, RealFV13

I thought this team got worse the more I looked at it, but unfortunately so did all the others. Freeroamer is probably the best BWer in the pool and will have to win most of their weeks for them to have a chance of playoffs. I think ima's said he'll be inactive for a bunch of the tour so that's bad. Their subs are probably the best of the lot, which is probably the brightest point other than dm in BW. I think Attribute will have to put the consistently average records behind him and have a great tour if this team is gonna make it to the playoffs. Paleo's starting in Oras but I have a feeling he'll end up in SM soon enough. He should bounce back from a bad record in wcop if he's a little more active. The most experienced player in their SM slots w1 is xiri who is below even attribute on the sheet. Not sure why skysolo is sitting but lol. This team is similar to lotads but I think they have the better bench minus HMNIP and their sm builders are probably better. Potential playoffs but I think too many SM holes for a top-two finish.

4) Two Island Tapus: Squad: FLCL, Pak, Cell, trash, Sae, Days for Dabs, dcae, Metariolu7, Catalystic, Luckypiper, tko

10k flcl is a very nice start and Pak is solid but unless lax is cranking out teams, which is doubtful with wcop going on, I think this is another team which will have problems with their sm slots. Sae always seems to put up good records going under the radar and I expect that to continue here. Dcae and trash have generally had good records in mono tours which should continue with decent support. Lots of question marks after this... Another rogue?! goon... Metariolu, who's impressed in OMs but hasn't done anything in cg mono I think. Cell just came back I think (again) so he'll need probably need some help. Cata's gotten better but still a way away from putting up a decent record. Luckypiper who got benched in blt was a bit of a surprise pick up and tko's basically a cheerleader in these. I think they'll need a lot of support from their managers to qualify for playoffs but it's very possible.

5) Littleroot Lotads: Squad: Ridley, Rozes, Zukushiku, Ashauray, Shiba, double switches, Charmflash, col49, GL volkner, Insult

As many expected, Ticken overpaid for Zukushiku, and while he's probably still excellent even after a break, 36k crippled them, leaving them with a lineup which is likely to feature some below average sm slots. Double switches has had a torrid time of it lately in team tours and they have no other cg mono mains, which is always a worry. I had this team at 3 for a minute but the more I looked at it the more of an issue their lack of sm slots were. Insult and Col are good players but there's a fair chance neither have ever watched let alone played a mono game before. Ridley will be fine in oras as usual, and will probably provide enough tests and help that Ashauray picks up a few wins but from what I've seen definitely this is a weaker oras slot. Volkner plays oms and Shibas had up and down mono tours. Not sure who will build their SM teams between switches, charmflash(whos stuff was uninspiring in mwp), Ridley who will be pressed with oras, and a returning zukushiku, but it is their weak point for sure. If they can't figure out their sm quickly, they could be done pretty quickly. These two have great records managing however and I think they can sneak through. Predicting a midtable finish.

6) Sunnyshore Surskits: Squad: Decem, Havens, Eien, Trace, Feliburn, Raichy, Bouff, TSR, Corporal Levi, Eternally, Amaroq

Well LOL idk this looks sketchy...you see Eien and some fgo members and not much else. Raichy the dragon slayer would be incredible if we had gsc mono, not sure how he'll go in bo3..? Feliburn's put up decent numbers in mono tours before. Havens had a good exhibition but hasn't done anything in a mono tour yet and Decem's played one game iirc? Trace had a good wcop and they'll be desperate for him to repeat that. Levi's oras games have all been rather bad and bouff plays threat?. I think Eien believes this is a top 4 lineup and the onus will be on him to prove me wrong. Poor dudes gonna be making 8 teams a week. Surprisingly enough their SM seems to have some good MUs week 1 with Decem Havens Eien and Feliburn all in SM but past gens look a wash. Ofc it is mono and you can cheese a matchup so you can never count a team out but this one looks like it's missing playoffs.

7) Cherrygrove Cherubis: Squad: Vid, Arifeen, Wincon, Jyph, Zugubu royale, Cam, Dugza, Bluxio, Coconut, Ninjadog13, Brisked, gum, chras

Honestly, I think this team is better than the one above on paper but don't believe they'll gel together. I believe in Eien's carrying capabilities more than I believe in this group succeeding as a whole. Solid Oras core with Vid and Arifeen and jyph in bw is decent enough but Wincon has an absolutely massive price tag to live up to and will probably be responsible for all their sm teams. It's hard to see zugu working with anyone let alone starblim after last years poopitar disaster but for their sake, I hope it works out. Their SM is extremely suspect beyond wincon... Cam in bo3 doesn't inspire much confidence either. Brisked is very new and motivated but from what I've seen terribly inconsistent... I don't think chras showed up to any of his wcop games and the only thing I've heard about gum is that he's iExcas tutee so lol...Coconut doesn't really play mono and I think bluxio and dugza are both mehh. Imo their season depends on wincon and if zugu can be a team player. If they start their first couple weeks poorly I don't see this staying together. Out of the bottom 3 however I think they are the most likely to make playoffs.

8) Cinnabar Charizards: maroon, Harpp, North, Izaya, Trichotomy, vodoom, TJ, nailec, Ultraballz, Hammy, Alpha Rabbit, TPP, smub, Omega-xis

After begging for weeks for a 5k drop in his price, Maroon promptly wasted it during the draft. Anyway, once again I think individually this team is better than the Surskits but I have faith in Eien carrying a major load and a lack of faith in this team working together. Apparently, harpp wasn't the most reliable manager in wcop but tryhard iexca should be very active. Whether he'll get his players to respect him is another question all together. Smub will be missing for a lot of MPL, hammy is probably bad and I know nothing about ultraballz. Omega will meme around and I doubt TPP will be of much use. I think TJ is bad at mono and Rabbit is decent but has been gone for a while. Nailec mained mono lc and was thrown around in dumb tiers in wcop so this is kinda new to him but I have faith in him to put up a solid record. Vodoom chokes away some of the easiest games and getting him to care will be difficult but he can be solid. Trichotomy is pretty likely to die off during the season but if he's active he'll be pretty good. Harpp will be fine in sm on the back of an undefeated wcop run and North will probably be average in a solid bw pool. Izaya is probably average. I think they have the players to make a push but won't end up having the chemistry. If they get an active trichotomy and North does amazingly with harpp continuing his form, they have a chance but I'll be surprised if this ends up being a playoff team.

I really don't think a lot separates 6,7, and 8, and if things go right they all have a decent chance of qualifying. I think there's one clear favorite, 4 teams a bit below, and 3 teams a notch below them. Obviously, this was just my opinion and a bit of fun. I think it'll be a pretty competitive mpl considering no team should end up like the Charmflashes from mwp.:blobshrug: Good luck to everyone, hope it's a good, drama-filled MPL:bloblul:.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I will attempt to improve upon the infamous Unbiased Power Rankings from MWP. Most, if not all of these teams look atrocious so I will attempt to sort through the trash.

1) Hearthome Honchkrows: Squad: Sabella, 1 True Lycan, Star, Bitana, Clearly, Teddeh, Crashy, Jase The World, TheArchitect, Oberyn

Honchkrows got Star on a 13k retain effectively giving them the best team from the very beginning. Personally, I don't think they had a very good draft but it is still the best team on paper. Teddeh, who went for rather cheap imo, had a very good world cup with his UK manager Lycan who team again. Rumors are that Clearly has cursed every team he has ever touched so other teams will be desperate for that to continue. Everyone knows how good lycan has been in these tours and how good Star is. Bitana is capable. Their bench is a major issue where they have 'carried to multiple ring user Jase the World' and fellow 'carried to multiple rings user Crashy' or possibly TheArchitect, a Rouge?! goon who has impressed a former member of this community. None are inspiring. Oberyn was stolen from me and is a solid pick at the end but if he does poorly along with the other slot that belongs on a bench, and sabella continues to have subpar records in mono tours, this team could find it difficult to breeze through the weeks as expected. However, I expect sabella to put up records like he can and get this team into the playoffs with a top 2 seed if they keep the Clearly curse out.

2) Goldenrod Gengars: Squad: Chaitanya, Waszap, Finchinator, dahli, Evigaro, Arkenciel, Feitan the steam, KuraiTenshi26, Megazard, Toadow, Dak Prescott, London13

Next, as the goat Charmflash himself did, I put my own team at number 2. I can just as easily see us a lot lower but because no rankings are truly unbiased here we are. However, like Charmflash was, I am happy with my draft and am hopeful for this season. I don't think a lot separates 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 but as Charmflash was, I am probably wrong. We are relying on Arkenciel in oras who is like 3-10 and spends more time on a side server? Yikes. Tryhard ass Finchinator will probably settle into oras rather quickly (hopefully), and considering it is a bunch of medicham users and medicham cteamers, there is a glimmer of hope there. Feitan has impressed a lot of people but was pretty average on a terrible Europe team in wcop but with better support in Waszap and I, should be better. Evigaro had a decent wcop which hopefully translates to mpl. KuraiTenshi26 also had a good wcop which again hopefully translates here and Dak in the back is nice support. The substitutes aren't the most promising, but not many are and there's some variety that keeps me hopeful. If one of our SM slots is underwhelming this could go downhill fast. Old gen spots are unproven even though finch should be fine in any slot. Overall we're SM heavy and I think old gens will make or break us. Like I said we could end up a bottom half team if our old gens go to crap but I expect to do well.

3) Meteor Falls Miniors: Squad: Paleo, Attribute, Freeroamer, ima, xiri, skysolo14, MJ, Alkione, H.M.N.I.P, Twilight Solace, Entei, Zesty43, RealFV13

I thought this team got worse the more I looked at it, but unfortunately so did all the others. Freeroamer is probably the best BWer in the pool and will have to win most of their weeks for them to have a chance of playoffs. I think ima's said he'll be inactive for a bunch of the tour so that's bad. Their subs are probably the best of the lot, which is probably the brightest point other than dm in BW. I think Attribute will have to put the consistently average records behind him and have a great tour if this team is gonna make it to the playoffs. Paleo's starting in Oras but I have a feeling he'll end up in SM soon enough. He should bounce back from a bad record in wcop if he's a little more active. The most experienced player in their SM slots w1 is xiri who is below even attribute on the sheet. Not sure why skysolo is sitting but lol. This team is similar to lotads but I think they have the better bench minus HMNIP and their sm builders are probably better. Potential playoffs but I think too many SM holes for a top-two finish.

4) Two Island Tapus: Squad: FLCL, Pak, Cell, trash, Sae, Days for Dabs, dcae, Metariolu7, Catalystic, Luckypiper, tko

10k flcl is a very nice start and Pak is solid but unless lax is cranking out teams, which is doubtful with wcop going on, I think this is another team which will have problems with their sm slots. Sae always seems to put up good records going under the radar and I expect that to continue here. Dcae and trash have generally had good records in mono tours which should continue with decent support. Lots of question marks after this... Another rogue?! goon... Metariolu, who's impressed in OMs but hasn't done anything in cg mono I think. Cell just came back I think (again) so he'll need probably need some help. Cata's gotten better but still a way away from putting up a decent record. Luckypiper got benched in blt was a bit of a surprise pick up and tko's basically a cheerleader in these. I think they'll need a lot of support from their managers to qualify for playoffs but it's very possible.

5) Littleroot Lotads: Squad: Ridley, Rozes, Zukushiku, Ashauray, Shiba, double switches, Charmflash, col49, GL volkner, Insult

As many expected, Ticken overpaid for Zukushiku, and while he's probably still excellent even after a break, 36k crippled them, leaving them with a lineup which is likely to feature some below average sm slots. Double switches has had a torrid time of it lately in team tours and they have no other cg mono mains, which is always a worry. I had this team at 3 for a minute but the more I looked at it the more of an issue their lack of sm slots were. Insult and Col are good players but there's a fair chance neither have ever watched let alone played a mono game before. Ridley will be fine in oras as usual, and will probably provide enough tests and help that Ashauray picks up a few wins but from what I've seen definitely this is a weaker oras slot. Volkner plays oms and Shibas had up and down mono tours. Not sure who will build their SM teams between switches, charmflash(whos stuff was uninspiring in mwp), Ridley who will be pressed with oras, and a returning zukushiku, but it is their weak point for sure. If they can't figure out their sm quickly, they could be done pretty quickly. These two have great records managing however and I think they can sneak through. Predicting a midtable finish.

6) Sunnyshore Surskits: Squad: Decem, Havens, Eien, Trace, Feliburn, Raichy, Bouff, TSR, Corporal Levi, Eternally, Amaroq

Well LOL idk this looks sketchy...you see Eien and some fgo members and not much else. Raichy the dragon slayer would be incredible if we had gsc mono, not sure how he'll go in bo3..? Feliburn's put up decent numbers in mono tours before. Havens had a good exhibition but hasn't done anything in a mono tour yet and Decem's played one game iirc? Trace had a good wcop and they'll be desperate for him to repeat that. Levi's oras games have all been rather bad and bouff plays threat?. I think Eien believes this is a top 4 lineup and the onus will be on him to prove me wrong. Poor dudes gonna be making 8 teams a week. Surprisingly enough their SM seems to have some good MUs week 1 with Decem Havens Eien and Feliburn all in SM but past gens look a wash. Ofc it is mono and you can cheese a matchup so you can never count a team out but this one looks like it's missing playoffs.

7) Cherrygrove Cherubis: Squad: Vid, Arifeen, Wincon, Jyph, Zugubu royale, Cam, Dugza, Bluxio, Coconut, Ninjadog13, Brisked, gum, chras

Honestly, I think this team is better than the one above on paper but don't believe they'll gel together. I believe in Eien's carrying capabilities more than I believe in this group succeeding as a whole. Solid Oras core with Vid and Arifeen and jyph in bw is decent enough but Wincon has an absolutely massive price tag to live up to and will probably be responsible for all their sm teams. It's hard to see zugu working with anyone let alone starblim after last years poopitar disaster but for their sake, I hope it works out. Their SM is extremely suspect beyond wincon... Cam in bo3 doesn't inspire much confidence either. Brisked is very new and motivated but from what I've seen terribly inconsistent... I don't think chras showed up to any of his wcop games and the only thing I've heard about gum is that he's iExcas tutee so lol...Coconut doesn't really play mono and I think bluxio and dugza are both mehh. Imo their season depends on wincon and if zugu can be a team player. If they start their first couple weeks poorly I don't see this staying together. Out of the bottom 3 however I think they are the most likely to make playoffs.

8) Cinnabar Charizards: maroon, Harpp, North, Izaya, Trichotomy, vodoom, TJ, nailec, Ultraballz, Hammy, Alpha Rabbit, TPP, smub, Omega-xis

After begging for weeks for a 5k drop in his price, Maroon promptly wasted it during the draft. Anyway, once again I think individually this team is better than the Surskits but I have faith in Eien carrying a major load and a lack of faith in this team working together. Apparently, harpp wasn't the most reliable manager in wcop but tryhard iexca should be very active. Whether he'll get his players to respect him is another question all together. Smub will be missing for a lot of MPL, hammy is probably bad and I know nothing about ultraballz. Omega will meme around and I doubt TPP will be of much use. I think TJ is bad at mono and Rabbit is decent but has been gone for a while. Nailec mained mono lc and was thrown around in dumb tiers in wcop so this is kinda new to him but I have faith in him to put up a solid record. Vodoom chokes away some of the easiest games and getting him to care will be difficult but he can be solid. Trichotomy is pretty likely to die off during the season but if he's active he'll be pretty good. Harpp will be fine in sm on the back of an undefeated wcop run and North will probably be average in a solid bw pool. Izaya is probably average. I think they have the players to make a push but won't end up having the chemistry. If they get an active trichotomy and North does amazingly with harpp continuing his form, they have a chance but I'll be surprised if this ends up being a playoff team.

I really don't think a lot separates 6,7, and 8, and if things go right they all have a decent chance of qualifying. I think there's one clear favorite, 4 teams a bit below, and 3 teams a notch below them. Obviously, this was just my opinion and a bit of fun. I think it'll be a pretty competitive mpl considering no team should end up like the Charmflashes from mwp.:blobshrug: Good luck to everyone, hope it's a good, drama-filled MPL:bloblul:.
2 > 1 :blobthinking:

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Monotype Premier League V - Power Rankings
Written by Kev with some help from Chaitanya
Rankings done by Chaitanya Eien Moosical terrors Izaya Paleo 1 True Lycan Ridley and myself

USM

Goldenrod Gengars

Chaitanya (2),Waszap (6),dahli (8), Evigaro (16)

The Gengars lead the USM player pool by far as they are led by two top USM players: Chaitanya & Waszap. Both of them consistently put up positive records and are able to build fresh and competent teams weekly. Moreover, they known how to efficiently prep to gain favourable matchups. The other two USM players for this team are also very solid. dahli (peachy clouds) has been very impressive in team tours thus far, boasting a nice 8-2 record (13-2 if you count BLT). Evigaro's record is more even but she has proved her ability to adapt to the metagame quite well. With team building support, these two are bound to finish positive. As mentioned before, support is no issue for this team thanks to their managers, as well as Feitan who is a strong builder. On a final note, this core has great synergy.Chaitanya, Waszap and peachyclouds proved to be a powerful trio in MWP, and Evigaro did well with Waszap's support in Monotype WCoP.

Hearthome Honchkrows

Clearly (7), Teddeh (11), Bitana (10), Oberyn (27)

The Honchkrows USM core, lead by the returning Clearly, is quite interesting. The biggest question mark about them is if Clearly is back in top shape. If he's in good form, he will be able to churn out very interesting teams for his teammates and deliver a very positive record as usual. However, if he is still trying to shake off his rust, things might be rougher for the core. The next two members of the core are Teddeh and Bitana. Teddeh had a really strong showing in Monotype WCoP with Lycan's support, so we can imagine that it will be repeated here. As for Bit, he consistently brings positive records and is capable of providing building support. The lowest point of this lineup would be Oberyn who still needs to prove himself as an USUM player. While being a good player, he simply has not had the chance to showcase his best in this tier on the main stage. He should be able to put up a decent performance with the help of his great teammates. As for the Gengars, this core has some nice synergy. They have at least 3 people capable of building good USM teams in Clearly, 1 True Lycan and Bitana. Also, many of the players have teamed previously. Both Teddeh and Bitana have recently teamed with Lycan, while Clearly and him have been friends for years.

Sunyshore Surskits

Eien (1), Feliburn (17), Havens (20), Decem (24)

As one of our tier leaders, Eien is amongst the best USM builders and players. He is able to deliver great records consistently like his recent 8-0 in MWP2. This tour will test the limits of his innovation and motivation as he will be required to cover building for every metagame. While he is a renowned workhorse, his ability to carry such a large burden is questionable. In Monotype WCoP, his team's entire USM lineup finished negative besides him. That happened with support from other good USM builders. Of course, the managers of this team can provide some assistance but they aren't the most renowned builders. As players, Havens' performances are inconsistent and Decem has yet to prove himself on the main stage. In monotype tours, Havens usually delivers subpar records, however he had a great Smogon Exhibition. He had also teamed with Eien in that tour, so it is possible they recreate that magic. Finishing off this USM core, is Feliburn. He is a good player who has proven that he can play well if provided strong builds. Overall, this core is heavily reliant on Eien's prep and even that might not be enough to push them to a positive record. This core being 3rd in the power rankings is an indication of how weak the pool is this year.

Cinnabar Charizards

Harpp (3), Vodoom (9), Alpha Rabbit (22), Nailec (21)

The Charizards are lead by Harpp, a top USM player who delivered an incredible 7-0 record in Monotype WCoP. Moreover, he only dropped a single game in MPL4. However, it should be noted that he did go negative in MWP2 which shows some inconsistency. Nonetheless, he's a top player and solid builder. As support, he has another member of Monotype WCop's team Asia, Vodoom. Despite some unorthodox team building and choice, Vodoom still put up one of the top records in the aforementioned tour. If he is motivated and invests himself into the tour, he is bound to have a decent performance. As for the remaining members of the core, Alpha Rabbit has not played in a while but he may be able to deliver with good support, and Nailec has yet to prove himself outside of Monotype LC.

Littleroot Lotads

Charmflash (12), Shiba (13), doubleswitches (19), Insult (26)

Charmflash heads a pretty average looking group. Shiba's played a lot of games in mono tours with an average record, Switches plays a lot of mono and has a below average record, and Insult hasn't played a game. This group would be hard pressed to do well with a real sm builder, who at the moment seems to be switches who is probably a decent builder at best. Of course he'll get support from Ticken and Ridley and Charmflash but they're lacking a true SM mainer to help this team. Zukushiku might also be able to provide some assistance, but his ability to build USM is unclear after his long hiatus. If this team fails, it will probably be due to the lack of experience and building in monotype. As players, they are all respectable in their own right, but they seemingly lack experience as a whole to deliver. This slot might suffer greatly from the lack of Lotads mainstay TheThorn, unless he finds the time to help them in prepping.

Two Island Tapus

Pak (4) trash (15), Metariolu7 (23), Days for Dabs (32)

It's quite surprising that a team with Pak in an SM slot was unable to finish above Lotads but here we are. He doesn't build much but he's one of the better players in the tournament. Trash has put up good records with lax in the past so they'll need that to continue.Days for Dabs may have been ranked lower than he could've been because he's been problematic in the past but he's still low on the list and this is Metariolu's first game in regular monotype. He'll however be important in their building along with their managers if this team is to do well in SM. Pak will put up a solid record at worst with decent support and trash could do similarily. The other 2 slots will be big question marks through the tour, definitely their weakest area.

Cherrygrove Cherubis

Wincon (5), zugubu royale (14), Brisked (29), Ninjadog13 (31)

This teams looks like Wincon will be carrying the major workload . Zugubu royale had a good mpl last year and an awful wcop. Both occured on pretty bad teams so whichever zugu shows up will be really important. Wincon will be solid at worst in this bad pool although it's likely SM gets better if some of the oras slots end up in SM. Wincon will also be tasked with building for the other slots. Whether zugubu accepts his input is another question all together. Brisked hasn't played in many tours but has had some mediocre ssnls and the general consensus is he's good about 30% of the time, and questionable the rest. Ninjadog is a decent enough player with very little experience but if he tryhards he'll have a better tour than his rank indicates. This group wil hope their inexperienced slots can get a few wins here and there with an over-reliance on wincon.

Meteor Falls Miniors

Xiri (18), MJ (28), Alkione (25), Twilight Solace (30)

Well we have reached the worst of the bunch, which takes some doing in this pool. Xiri is playing well in seasonals right now but it's seasonals. MJ was ok in mono ubers, but questionable in his other games. Alkione is an ok enough player without any mono team tour experience but he's expected to struggle like the rest of this group. Twilight solace(awful change btw) will probably be lacking as well. Miniors outlook in SM looks bleak, unless some of their better players decide to step into SM. Their building probably falls to Attribute who's enthusastic but probably average and some inexperienced players like Twilight solace as it's hard to see Paleo and ima building for a tier they aren't in with their activity issues.

ORAS

Meteor Falls Miniors

Paleo (1), Attribute (5)

Making up for their downfall in USM, the Miniors lead ORAS with a powerful core of Paleo and Attribute. Towards the end of ORAS Monotype, Paleo was regarded as the best player in the tier. During that same period, Attribute's playing ability gained a lot of respect. He is also an avid fan of ORAS and still builds for it outside of team tours. This core will not only be able to win games, but they will have solid, unique teams. The chance to bounce building ideas of each other is also great. Also, their synergy is great as it marks the 3rd year they team up as members of the Miniors. A possible issue is Attribute falling to the pressure of improving his overall record.

Cherrygrove Cherubis

Arifeen (4), Vid (7)

Arifeen and Vid were both very active in Monotype during ORAS and were top players. They can be trusted with both building and playing at a high level. Moreover, Arifeen had an amazing MPL4 in which he played ORAS and Bo3. We can expect that success to continue.

Littleroot Lotads

Ridley (2), Ashaury (9)

Ridley has been successful in ORAS for years now and has not given us a reason to believe that is stopping. Ashaury was a strong player when he was active, but that was a long time ago. However, he has been working with Eien to polish off the rust. That, in addition to support from Ridley, should help him perform in this player pool. He is not as at his peak at the moment, but has potential to return to it by the end of the tournament.

Two Island Tapus

Sae (6), Cell (11)

Sae and Cell are both players that were much more active back in ORAS. Many would say that Sae is extremely underrated. He might not be as present as he used to be, but he has been playing and building at a top level for years. The bigger question mark is Cell's performance as he has been MIA for years. He was drafted last MPL, but hardly got the chance to play. It is also hard to judge him based off them as he played top players like wyn and Croven, and had bad matchups.

Hearthome Honchkrows

Star (3), Jase Duken (16)

Star is simply an excellent pokemon player and is expected to deliver regardless the tier he's put in. He's always had positive records, including a powerful 9-1 in MWP2, though he did play some games in Mono OMS like LC and Ubers. Seeing that he has excellent team building support from Sabella-Lycan-Clearly, he's bound to excel. As for Jase Duken, he just hasn't had a remarkable performance in any of the many tours he has played.

Goldenrod Gengars

Finchinator (8), Arkenciel (10)

Arkenciel is an interesting case. During ORAS, he put up some good individual performances. However, when it came to team tours, he has consistently done horribly. He is also known for being a rather awful teammate because he does not communicate. Despite that, his managers are both good friends of his so this might not be an issue. On the other hand, Finchinator is an overall good player. His performance in Monotype tours has been average in the past, but he is still a respected player who should do well.

Cinnabar Charizards

Izaya (12), maroon (13)

After returning from a long hiatus, Izaya had a pretty difficult Monotype WCoP. He does not have excellent team support, but he is a decent builder himself. With some refining, he could do well. On the other hand, maroon has yet to showcase a good performance. There is also a question of confidence as he argued quite a bit about the manager price attributed to him.

Sunyshore Surskits

Corporal Levi (14), Eternally (15)

Eternally and Corporal Levi are both good players in their own right, but neither of them have much monotype experience. Levi was decent in MPL4 and Monotype World Cup but it is not enough to distinguish him from the heavy hitters. As for Eternally, this is his first time playing Monotype so there is no guarantee on how he will adapt to the metagame. While both players do not build, it is not as much of an issue because they have the excellent support of Eien.

BW

Meteor Falls Miniors

Freeroamer

Freeroamer has always been amongst the best of BW and continues to prove that with every tour. Furthermore, his main competition, Zukushiku, is just returning from a lengthy hiatus.

Littleroot Lotads

Zukushiku

Zukushiku consistently provides excellent records in BW, such as his dominant 8-1 in MPL3. However, he has been long for a long time. As he does have a tendency of going on breaks, he can be given the benefit of the doubt that he can return to peak form ASAP.

Hearthome Honchkrows

1 True Lycan

While not a traditional BW player, 1 True Lycan is probably the best overall monotype player if the sheet is any indication. Also, he does have some experience with BW as shown from his Bo3 performance last year.

Cinnabar Charizards

North

North is practically synonymous with BW Monotype, and has been a top BW player for years. However, his last performance was a bit shaky so we will need to see if he can return to his peak.

Cherrygrove Cherubis

Jyph

Jyph has shown that he is a top BW player and builder in Monotype WCop. Furthermore, he has Vid to bounce ideas of and test which is a great plus.

Two Island Tapus

dcae

dcae is a great overall player and has shown strong BW performances in the past. While he doesn't have the BW experience of those above, he can still be trusted to play well if provided with teams. With lax as his manager, that shouldn't be too big of an issue.

Goldenrod Gengars

KuraiTenshi26

KuraiTenshi26 had a great debut in Monotype WCoP, surprising many by finishing 6-3 in his first time playing the tier. While he certainly can pull an upset on the high ranked players, he still lacks their proven consistency and experience. His questionable builds are also either great successes or complete flops. However, he has support from Dak Prescott who is familiar with the metagame.

Sunyshore Surskits

trace
This rank is not a comment on trace as a player, but more of how strong the BW pool is. He tends to do well with provided teams, including a recent performance in BW during Monotype WCoP. However, it should be noted that his builder, Eien, is not as well-versed in BW as he is with the other generations.

Bo3

Hearthome Honchkrows

Sabella

Sabella leads a rather lacklustre bo3 pool. As the only unanimous 1, he should feast if the bo3 stays the same through the tour. Always been a top bw and oras player, he's been playing more sm and with solid support should finish with a strong record unless the Clearly curse sabotages him.

Goldenrod Gengars

Feitan the Steam

Feitan is unproven even though he did alright on an awful Europe team in wcop in sm. He has no experience in previous gens but has the talent to be fine with good support. He's viewed as a very underrated player by many. The 2-6 slots are really close and Feitan finds himself at second.

Two Island Tapus

FLCL

FLCL who is another inexperienced mono player is at third. His team support should be solid if lax and wanka are active, but BW might be problematic. He's one of the best lower tier players on the site, but his support might not be the strongest.

Littleroot Lotads

rozes

Rozes finds himself at 4 with trusted support in bw and oras. SM remains to be seen but he's a solid player who should hold is own in this very average group.

Meteor Falls Miniors

ima

Ima, who has never had great results in monotype, finds himself at 5. His building is normally weird and all over the place. It remains to be seen if attribute will supply him with teams or he'll bring his own stuff. He also hasn't been that active recently so there will be questions about his motivation.

Cinnabar Charizards

Trichotomy

Trich finds himself at 6. Oras teams seem to be a problem for this team in general, and he'll probably be asked to bring his own sm stuff, which is a concern due to his activity. If he's active, he will probably be fine in this pool.

Cherrygrove Cherubis

Cam

Cam is an average player at best with some decent support options in wincon, arifeen, vid, and jyph. Good support but might struggle to keep up with the rest of the pool.

Sunyshore Surskits

Raichy

Raichy's never played monotype before but has made waves recently as an old gen player. If that play transfers to preview gens, and he adapts to mono quickly, he'll be fine with teams from Eien.

OVERALL

(weighted calculation)

Hearthome Honchkrows

USM (2), ORAS (5), BW (3), Bo3 (1)

This team has many heavy hitters like 1 True Lycan, Sabella, Clearly and Star. They also have Teddeh and Bitana that should be able to deliver a good performance. The question marks are if Oberyn and Jase Duken can prove themselves. Overall, a very strong team from the former champions. They also need to be weary of the notorious Clearly curse that is bound to mess up their run!

Goldenrod Gengars

USM (1), ORAS (6), BW (7), Bo3 (2)

This team has a very strong SM with 3 top 10 players. Also, both the managers have always made it to playoffs when managing. However, they need to prove that KuraiTenshi26 is consistent and that ArkenCiel can perform in a team tour and be an active teammate. Feitan also needs to live up to all the hype built up around him.

Littleroot Lotads

USM (5), ORAS (3), BW (2), Bo3 (4)

The returning champions do not have an as menacing lineup as usual. Their SM is on the weaker side, however they still have a very powerful ORAS and BW. Zukushiku will need to polish off the rust immediately and deliver not only in his slot but in prep for SM as well. It will be interesting to see how the team performs without their biggest asset, TheThorn. However, their MWP variant did manage to win without him.

Two Island Tapus

USM (6), ORAS (4), BW (6), Bo3 (3)

With a rather average ranking across the board, the Tapus are looking at decent playoff chances. The managers lax and wanka provide solid team support, and they have some strong players who can make use of this. However, the players greatly lack in either monotype experience or tournament experience.

Meteor Falls Miniors

USM (8), ORAS (1), BW (1), Bo3 (5)

The miniors have both the best ORAS and BW, but their USM is tragically weak. They will need to work very hard in prepping good teams for that slot.

Cinnabar Charizards

USM (4), ORAS (7), BW (4), Bo3 (6)

The biggest downfall of this team is a potential lack of motivation, Many of the players are not that enthusiastic about playing for maroon and that might reflect their preparation and performance. Also, Harpp is apparently quite passive as a manager and maroon lacks self-confidence. However, their players are still rather decent and could definitely have a playoff run if they gather together.

Cherrygrove Cherubis

USM (7), ORAS (2), BW (5), Bo3 (7)

A rather lacking draft, this team will need to try to get favourable matchups in USM in order to have great success. However, they have a decent old gens core that should succeed.

Sunyshore Surskits

USM (3), ORAS (8), BW (8), Bo3 (8)

This team is pretty much what everyone expected it would be: Eien + a bunch of tournament players. This team is simply way too reliant on the performance and motivation of a single player to succeed. While it almost worked out for MPL4 surskits, they did have some rising stars like Chaitanya and Bitana. Nonetheless, the other tier players on this team are all individually great so if they manage to adapt to monotype, this team can make playoffs.

OVERALL

(non-weighted calculation)

Hearthome Honchkrows

Littleroot Lotads

Meteor Falls Miniors

Goldenrod Gengars

Two Island Tapus

Cinnabar Charizards

Cherrygrove Cherubis

Sunyshore Surskits

Player rankings in order

Last edited:
I signed up but I've never played a tournament before, except for the last one I signed up for and couldn't understand at all and did nothing. Can someone help please? How does this work?

I signed up but I've never played a tournament before, except for the last one I signed up for and couldn't understand at all and did nothing. Can someone help please? How does this work?
It's a team tour in which certain teams go to a money-based draft and put up money in order to receive players on the teams. Since the number of people who signed up was large, unfortunately, a lot of people who signed up didn't get picked to a team. To check if you got picked, go to the admin thread and see if you're name is on one of the teams. If you didn't get drafted, you should play in more individual tournaments to get your name out there and hopefully get picked next year.

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In this video, Brisked and I touch various topics such as how the draft went overall, thoughts on each team and their line up, Players to watch out for, Upsets in week 1 so far and many more! If you like competitive content on Monotype then be sure to subscribe to the channel or leave a thumbs up!

Ok thanks
It's a team tour in which certain teams go to a money-based draft and put up money in order to receive players on the teams. Since the number of people who signed up was large, unfortunately, a lot of people who signed up didn't get picked to a team. To check if you got picked, go to the admin thread and see if you're name is on one of the teams. If you didn't get drafted, you should play in more individual tournaments to get your name out there and hopefully get picked next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)