Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm confused about how to make a shiny IV'd pokemon. The shiny egg is with the daycare man, but when it comes to the IV part I get confused cause the guides don't explain doing both together...
When you're saved in front of a shiny egg, hit the seed you need for IVs, advance the frame, and take it.

Hey guys...Ok, I don't want to RNG breed EVERY starter so I figured I would use the Prof. Oak and Steven starters to help alleviate the other bred starters.

My question is...Will anyone here be kind enough to tell me if these starters act exactly like the other event stationaries in the game? For instance, would I follow the pattern that I did to get Giratina, Palkia and Dialga? That is...save right in front of Oak or Steven and then do the regular RNG procedures but use Method 1 and then hit my frame as normal?

Thanks for any responses.

Steven starters, yes - they should all have a starting frame of 1. Oak's starters seems to be random or a number I'm not sure of. My Squirtle from him was on frame of 4.

Just be careful since there is an NPC in Oak's room.

for pokemon soul silver

im attempting my first rng capture with lugia
ive knocked out entei and raikou, and wondering how do i advance the frame, as the radio will not work for me to call Elm.

For anyone else that has done this what is the best ( or easiest) way to advance frames?

for pokemon soul silver

im attempting my first rng capture with lugia
ive knocked out entei and raikou, and wondering how do i advance the frame, as the radio will not work for me to call Elm.

For anyone else that has done this what is the best ( or easiest) way to advance frames?
If your frames are low try walking 128 steps, you can also leave where lugia is and outside there you can start turning around to advance the frame since you will be where wild pokes are but i would suggest you the steps, 3 or 2 pokes depending if it's odd or even :)

If your frames are low try walking 128 steps, you can also leave where lugia is and outside there you can start turning around to advance the frame since you will be where wild pokes are but i would suggest you the steps, 3 or 2 pokes depending if it's odd or even :)
thank you for your response, ill give that a go and see what results i get. just starting hg/ss abuse, alot more trickier than plat.

cheers

Allright, got a quick question guys... I'm going to try out my first RNG. I want to start out breeding in SS, like I got all the egg moves required, parents with good ivs, ID/SID, and yada-yada... anyways that's out of the point. Right so, since this is my first RNG I would like to know what delays and frame are easy to start out with? Like, I know I shouldn't hit frames/delays that are too high, but I mean, with pikatimer and stuff... seems I could do like any time for it. Anyways, just a good range of delays-frames would be nice ^^

Ok I know enough about breeding and it is annoying SR'ing for an hour to get a good nature ability etc, so I tried the shiny egg finder in the time finder. I did my ten taps to verify then the extra taps and double taps, but 3 times now i've tried and it is not working :(. If it helps im in the daycare so no NPC's are moving

I would also like to know there there was a youtube video or something for platinum captures

Freak of Nature: You should double check your ID/SID are correct. That's often the problem with Shiny Egg Finders mishaps.

Thats_PM:
Frames:
When going for the Shiny/Nature/Gender/Ability of your pokes, a low frame is ideal. The best is of course 1, but yeah...depending on how patient you are at throwing away eggs, you can go up quite a bit.
When going for IVs: A frame around 10 is ideal if you have no roamers. A frame of 6-10 is good when roamers are present since they help verify that you hit your delay.

Delays:
Ideal delays in starting out abusing is imo your calibrated delay. It's what you hit most consistently with when you're mashing a at your fastest. If you're ok with the thought of higher delays, something 100 or more above your calibrated delay can help too since you're not mashing so much (only if you want to learn pikatimer in the process)

so what would be the preffered second to hit when calibrating? mines is 25 seconds and although i use the pikatimer i usually dont get any elm results or adjacent seeds for that matter.

Cassie

giant claw
Do roamers effect my frame when working on IV RNG? If so, when I faint them will they be back at their original places? (Whenever I learn RNG for roamers I want to do that with them :D)

Wally92: Seconds usually dependent (but they can go as high as you want). What you have to know first though is your calibrated second - example is Platinum is usually 15-16 and SS is usually 14. Once you have that, you can use pikatimer and go for higher seconds than normal.

chihuahuaowner: Roamers, imo, actually help the RNG process (both egg and captures). So I'd put them there - it makes checking your delays much quicker than verifying through Elm. If you're not fond of the idea, then yes, you can faint them and they will reappear on the map after you defeat the E4.

I dont think there is. Have you tried sweet scenting? I havent played DPPt in a long time. I'm sure it could be done though since there are safari balled skorupis around (I just forgot who caught them).
I haven't really tried it. I want to attempt it but I'd like get an advice from the people who know how to do it.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Pls. somebody help.
I've been asking for days where I can download other versions of RNG Reporter, because the most recent one doesn't know the fishing results from the encounter code table...it always display as "?"

Is there any difference better catching Pokemon with Method J, and obtaining Pokemon with Method 1? I've done a few Method 1 abuses, and would like to be able to RNG Wild Captures. If anyone could clear that up that would be very helpful

Is there any difference better catching Pokemon with Method J, and obtaining Pokemon with Method 1? I've done a few Method 1 abuses, and would like to be able to RNG Wild Captures. If anyone could clear that up that would be very helpful
Not that much difference. Its actually easier since if you miss your frame you will most likely have a frame nearby if you brought a Synchronizer. You just have to know how much frames does your Method J advance (Fish, Sweet Scent, Talking).

Ok thanks. So if I wanted to RNG using sweet scent, how any frames does that advance. Also, what is the difference between Frame and Actual frame?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)