Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The seed that I'm trying to do is 3d0c0329

The Delays are 799

The frame is supposed to be 687
For frame 687 I shall assume you have a naive synchronizer in the lead and no wild roamers in your game. Do you have any journal entries that specify caught or defeated pokemon?

Given this, first verify you hit your seed by checking coin tosses with the pattern of T,H,H,H,H,T,H,H,T,T where T=tails and H=heads. If it matches, then open your journal to that first occurrence of a page that states that. Each time you land on such a journal page it adds +2 to your frame.

So at start, you should be at frame 1. open journal on a page with a captured or defeated pokemon mention, it adds +2. Do this a total of (687-1)/2 = 686/2 = 343 times and you should be at frame 687.

I strongly suggest practicing capturing pokemon after 1 journal flip and 5 journal flips on random seeds before doing 343 journal flips for your jackpot pokemon so you get the understanding of how it works.

If you don't have journal entries of such, I strongly recommend leaving the cave and populate enough journal pages as necessary.

For frame 687 I shall assume you have a naive synchronizer in the lead and no wild roamers in your game. Do you have any journal entries that specify caught or defeated pokemon?

Given this, first verify you hit your seed by checking coin tosses with the pattern of T,H,H,H,H,T,H,H,T,T where T=tails and H=heads. If it matches, then open your journal to that first occurrence of a page that states that. Each time you land on such a journal page it adds +2 to your frame.

So at start, you should be at frame 1. open journal on a page with a captured or defeated pokemon mention, it adds +2. Do this a total of (687-1)/2 = 686/2 = 343 times and you should be at frame 687.

I strongly suggest practicing capturing pokemon after 1 journal flip and 5 journal flips on random seeds before doing 343 journal flips for your jackpot pokemon so you get the understanding of how it works.

If you don't have journal entries of such, I strongly recommend leaving the cave and populate enough journal pages as necessary.
Yes, I have caught three pokemon in my journal entries.

A mantyke from the water (without the sweet scent) = 3

A mesprit = 5

and..

a rotom = 1

So you're saying the frame starts with one and each journal page (even the ones that don't have pokemon caught or defeated) will cost two frame points, right?

And... does 2 extra frame points also come from a page that has a caught or defeated pokemon?

And what about the steps?

Expert Evan

Only the pages with caught pokemon will advance your frame at +2 each time. I learned that the hard way. since you are targeting an odd frame, no steps needed.

No, have you read the guides, because it's very detailed and answers many of your questions? You can also try Youtube videos. I believe Bearsfan did an exact video on capturing Heatran, XD.

Only a journal page with a caught/defeated "Pokemon" counts as advancing the frame. This is why it's suggested to have two consecutive pages with caught/defeated so that you can just flip back and forth between them. A page without caught/defeated does not advance the frame at all.

Before advancing the frame that high though, make sure that you did indeed hit your delay with the coinflip applicateion. It would be a huge waste of time if you didn't hit your delay, XD.

EDIT: I'm always the slow one....XD.

Only the pages with caught pokemon will advance your frame at +2 each time. I learned that the hard way. since you are targeting an odd frame, no steps needed.
Okay, But there's one thing that I don't understand.

How come even though I had the time, the date, and everything set exactly the way how the rng reporter told me to, the pokemon game just keeps getting the wrong pokemon instead of the one that the rng reporter that I should get?

@Baku - I've already tried the guide and the youtube video clips. They didn't help me at all. =/

Diabolico, I told you yesterday to look for a spread with a lower target frame, but you didn't listen. Pretty much everything you're asking today has been answered the day before by other people, not to mention it's on my guide fully answered as well, and also on the official Smogon guides. It's even in videos. You're just getting information repeated to you over and over. Don't you think it's time you just settled down and slowly looked at the information and tested it? You have to learn to think with this stuff. So open your game and test captures like EE said. Get out a calculator and work out frame advancements yourself. The formula was given to you yesterday and it's on the guides.

Just to help you, if you want them, here are two spreads with frames below 100. Both are hp ice 70. If you use a synch, you'll get them as lower than the method 1 frame.

PID: 0287f22d (NAIVE, ability 1) 31/30/30/31/31/31 (Seed: 4f070985 Method 1: 6, J (synch): 5, J (no synch): None, K (synch): None, K (no synch): None) HP ICE 70
PID: c7529eb4 (NAIVE, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/30 (Seed: d816044b Method 1: 46, J (synch): 1, J (no synch): 17, K (synch): 3, K (no synch): None) HP ICE 70

Okay, But there's one thing that I don't understand.

How come even though I had the time, the date, and everything set exactly the way how the rng reporter told me to, the pokemon game just keeps getting the wrong pokemon instead of the one that the rng reporter that I should get?

It's because you didn't hit the right delay. You've been told this already.

Diabolico, I told you yesterday to look for a spread with a lower target frame, but you didn't listen. Pretty much everything you're asking today has been answered the day before by other people, not to mention it's on my guide fully answered as well, and also on the official Smogon guides. It's even in videos. You're just getting information repeated to you over and over. Don't you think it's time you just settled down and slowly looked at the information and tested it? You have to learn to think with this stuff. So open your game and test captures like EE said. Get out a calculator and work out frame advancements yourself. The formula was given to you yesterday and it's on the guides.

Just to help you, if you want them, here are two spreads with frames below 100. Both are hp ice 70. If you use a synch, you'll get them as lower than the method 1 frame.

PID: 0287f22d (NAIVE, ability 1) 31/30/30/31/31/31 (Seed: 4f070985 Method 1: 6, J (synch): 5, J (no synch): None, K (synch): None, K (no synch): None) HP ICE 70
PID: c7529eb4 (NAIVE, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/30 (Seed: d816044b Method 1: 46, J (synch): 1, J (no synch): 17, K (synch): 3, K (no synch): None) HP ICE 70

It's because you didn't hit the right delay. You've been told this already.
how am I not hitting the delays right?

And I've told you guys just yesterday, none of your guides are helping me at all.

Diabolico, are you even following this step at all for the target seed you specified before?
Yes, I did. Perhaps I should tell you guys exactly what I did.

1.) I set the time and date to 12:45:15 and 1/1/2010 like the rng reporter said so.

2.) I pressed L + Start + Select + R buttons on the menu screen where I start playing the game.

3.) I Pressed the A button rapidly

4.) I started the game when I reached to 15 seconds of the time.

5.) Then I did the coin flips before I battle

6.) And I still didn't get the right coin flips after I've done it 20 times.

That's wrong. You can't set the time to a seconds value. That's why you need to calibrate. Do you have your calibrated delay and seconds?

That's wrong. You can't set the time to a seconds value. That's why you need to calibrate. Do you have your calibrated delay and seconds?

Well.... I keep asking you guys what a calibrated phase is, and you guys still haven't answered. WHAT... IS.... A.... CALIBRATED.... PHASE (calbrated delay and seconds)?

You guys could at least just give an example, descirbe it, or compare it to something that should make it easy to understand.

EDIT: And don't any of you tell me to read the guide or the noob guide again. Cause I've already tried reading the both of them and I sick of reading them again. I'm tired and I'm getting a headache. So I want you guys to answer me.

Expert Evan

Diabolico, to calibrate is to get the feel of how long it takes from the time to hit start until you press continue. So if your target date/time/delay is on 9/28/2010 at 12:06:59 with a delay of 799, you may want to press start at around 20 seconds before your target time, so 20 seconds before 12:06:59 is 12:06:39 when you press start. Check to see what actual delay you are getting. If the actual delay is at around 811 for example, that means you paused too long. if it's a lesser number of say 755 then be a little quicker. It's like a higher/lower game since the delay is precise to the millisecond.

59 - 20 = 39

It could be 19.5 seconds before target, it could be 21.2 seconds. Treat this as a number game.

Also make sure your DS clock's minutes and seconds are synchronized to a digital watch for better accuracy while the date and hour is constant to your target date/time.

I dont know if the place for this is this, But it's as close as I found.

So recently I found out about RNG.
And today I finally captured a non chained shiny.
On the process of finding out the SID, I got stuck at the IV part.
So I have a question, In this calculator : http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx

The 'Next Helpful Level' thing represents how many levels the pokemon should obtain ? Or WHAT level is needed ?

Also, when training it, I should probably rare candy / exp share, Right ?

Thanks.

Diabolico, to calibrate is to get the feel of how long it takes from the time to hit start until you press continue. So if your target date/time/delay is on 9/28/2010 at 12:06:59 with a delay of 799, you may want to press start at around 20 seconds before your target time, so 20 seconds before 12:06:59 is 12:06:39 when you press start. Check to see what actual delay you are getting. If the actual delay is at around 811 for example, that means you paused too long. if it's a lesser number of say 755 then be a little quicker. It's like a higher/lower game since the delay is precise to the millisecond.

59 - 20 = 39

It could be 19.5 seconds before target, it could be 21.2 seconds. Treat this as a number game.

Also make sure your DS clock's minutes and seconds are synchronized to a digital watch for better accuracy while the date and hour is constant to your target date/time.

okay, So you're saying if I stayed on the start screen for like at least 15 seconds and hit it when it reaches to 15 seconds, I go to the continue screen, it will hit the right delays, right?

Does going to the continue screen affect the seconds and the delays as well?

And Should I get the pikatimer for this?

Well.... I keep asking you guys what a calibrated phase is, and you guys still haven't answered. WHAT... IS.... A.... CALIBRATED.... PHASE (calbrated delay and seconds)?
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part2#calibration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-rTD22GHAI --- Guide by bearsfan092

All these things are guides that explain everything about the calibrated phase so what don't you understand I mean they explain everything so clear. Just TRY to read and understand it don't just read it and think; 'oh uhhm idk'. Keep thinking untill your head explodes and then you get to the point of; 'oh I know!'. :toast: Or even better try Riskis almighty guide, it's really useful.

I dont know if the place for this is this, But it's as close as I found.

So recently I found out about RNG.
And today I finally captured a non chained shiny.
On the process of finding out the SID, I got stuck at the IV part.

Thanks.
If you're trying to find your SID, I think it's not possible without an Action replay or calculating it with a formula. (I found my SID that way rofl) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXAssf9jatE is a good guide that helped me so it might help you aswell.

And again my question,
Does anyone got even the smallest tip about me hitting the right delay & time. I'm able to hit the right delay but I just can't hit the right time with it like I'm supposed to hit 20:02:16 but instead I hit 20:02:15. I know Riski told me to advance 1 min but the pikatimer screws up when doing that.

Expert Evan

Diabolico, usually to get from start to continue in platinum by constantly pressing A it would take about 15-16 seconds, and oftentimes that results in a delay at around 605 though each game is different. To extend the delay in order to get to as high as 799, extend the amount of time it takes until you can press A to continue and start pausing at that final screen usually right after you hear giratina's cry.

I'm really not familiar with the pikatimer although it has helped the majority here that needs most help with delays.

Diabolico, usually to get from start to continue in platinum by constantly pressing A it would take about 15-16 seconds, and oftentimes that results in a delay at around 605 though each game is different. To extend the delay in order to get to as high as 799, extend the amount of time it takes until you can press A to continue and start pausing at that final screen usually right after you hear giratina's cry.

I'm really not familiar with the pikatimer although it has helped the majority here that needs most help with delays.
Well, how do you hit your wanted time then? Just counting or do you use some other timer?

Okay, so I have to extend the time then.

If I extend the time on the rng reporter and pikatimer, and put my calibrated phase in the pikatimer, will it help me hit the right delays?

Okay, so I have to extend the time then.

If I extend the time on the rng reporter and pikatimer, and put my calibrated phase in the pikatimer, will it help me hit the right delays?
The pikatimer works like this: enter the calibrated delay, wanted delay, calibrated seconds wanted seconds (like the time you chosen on the RNG reporter) click create timer. On exact the same time when you run the timer. When the first timer runs out soft reset your game and when the second timer runs out you should hit the continue button. And YES it does help you with hitting the right delay. (sadly enough it didn't for me yet 'damn that 1 second! grrr')

The pikatimer works like this: enter the calibrated delay, wanted delay, calibrated seconds wanted seconds (like the time you chosen on the RNG reporter) click create timer. On exact the same time when you run the timer. When the first timer runs out soft reset your game and when the second timer runs out you should hit the continue button. And YES it does help you with hitting the right delay. (sadly enough it didn't for me yet 'damn that 1 second! grrr')

Okay, if I change the time to 12:10:50 and if my delays are 799, Do I put this in the pikatimer:

Calibrated delay: 600

Wanted Delay: 799

Calibrated seconds: 59

Wanted seconds: 50

Calibration gives you a range from 14-16ish.

Read the links t4lel gave you and tell me which areas you're confused on.

DarkPIMP(le): This is something for Simple Questions thread really, but it's fine to do it that way. You can just ask for an IV battle or use rare candies without saving to get it done quicker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)