Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Time for a repost;

Recently, my laptop (with RNG Reporter & the other RNG programs installed) died. I've been using my iTouch as a decent-enough substitute for the time being, but obviously cannot install the programs on it.

So, now for the (quite possibly ridiculous) question: Can I do it manually?

Does anyone happen to know how I can obtain the formula that's used for devising the RNG? Meaning, so that I can continue RNG abuse via old-school pen and paper mathematics?

Thanks for any potential help.

And yes, I recognize I may very well need multiple formulas for the different methods. (:

Mephiz: Stationary legends all have frame advancements of +1 on interaction. So if your target frame is 33, then: 33 - roamer location (this can advance your frames, probably what happened with you) - 1 (interaction with Kyogre) = number of frame advancements :)

Mephiz: Stationary legends all have frame advancements of +1 on interaction. So if your target frame is 33, then: 33 - roamer location (this can advance your frames, probably what happened with you) - 1 (interaction with Kyogre) = number of frame advancements :)
Yeah, I forgot that beating the E4 and Red would re-release Raikou and entei -_-;

Anyway, got him! :)

Thanks ^_^

Does Joey advance the frame at all if he asks you to battle him?

EDIT: Nevermind I found on the front page of the thread that he dosent...

Does Joey advance the frame at all if he asks you to battle him?

EDIT: Nevermind I found on the front page of the thread that he dosent...
Well for my game it does.
But some people's he doesn't. So it really depends on your game. Might need to test it yourself to find out ^_^

I am calibrating in Heart Gold on a supercard flash cart...i sychronized my ds with an external clock but i keep geting seconds of 2...how is that possible?
It should be around 13 but i keep getting messed up results..anyone who can help?

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am calibrating in Heart Gold on a supercard flash cart...i sychronized my ds with an external clock but i keep geting seconds of 2...how is that possible?
It should be around 13 but i keep getting messed up results..anyone who can help?
The RNG Reporter doesnt tell you the seconds it took for you to get in the game, rather it tells you the second at which you entered the game. Therefor try to SR at the new minute and then mash A and do the rest of the mumbo-jumbo.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a quick question I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me.
I'm RNG'ing a Kyogre in HG but I was having some problems hitting my seed until one try I was 99.9% sure I had hit it (that guy feeling you get when you "know" you pressed A on the DS at the same time after calibrating the timer). Anyway, I did hit my seed, but to my surprise, I was already at frame 3 so the calls only matched up from frame four onwards.

I have been advancing the frames until I'm currently 15 frames from the one I should hit. My question is: Being in the embedded tower, right in front of Kyogre, at what frame should I stop doing calls if the target one is 89? I'm not sure how the 3 first frames got there but I want to be sure I don't screw it up 'cause of some automatic frame advancement while in that room much like Pt giratina or stuff like that :S

Thanks for any help :)
Just track your advancement via the RNG reporter and Elm calls, if you started on frame 3, so be it, it makes no difference.

The RNG Reporter doesnt tell you the seconds it took for you to get in the game, rather it tells you the second at which you entered the game. Therefor try to SR at the new minute and then mash A and do the rest of the mumbo-jumbo.
I have found that supercard throw off your seconds about 10 min late...i decide to use desmume..i have been calibrating now and i am 12 seconds and delay range 497-515 i think it's pretty good..thank you barry

Time for a repost;

Recently, my laptop (with RNG Reporter & the other RNG programs installed) died. I've been using my iTouch as a decent-enough substitute for the time being, but obviously cannot install the programs on it.

So, now for the (quite possibly ridiculous) question: Can I do it manually?

Does anyone happen to know how I can obtain the formula that's used for devising the RNG? Meaning, so that I can continue RNG abuse via old-school pen and paper mathematics?

Thanks for any potential help.

And yes, I recognize I may very well need multiple formulas for the different methods. (:
Yes, but it would be very time-consuming. You'd most likely be better off asking people to use the RNG programs for you via the forum or chatroom.

LCRNG seeding: seed = ((year + delay) & 0xFFFF) + (hour << 16) + ((((day * month) + minute + second) & 0xFF) << 24)
LCRNG advancement: seed = previous seed * 0x41C64E6D + 0x6073
LCRNG random number: seed >> 16

where << is bitwise left shift, >> is bitwise right shift, & is bitwise AND, and 0x represents a hexadecimal number.

PID is generated by calling the RNG twice: pid = random 1 + (random 2 << 16)
IVs are also generated by calling the RNG twice: hp = (random 1) & 0x1F, atk = (random 1 << 5) & 0x1f, def = (random 1 << 10) & 0x1F, speed = (random 2) & 0x1F, sp. atk = (random 2 << 5) & 0x1F, sp. def = (random 2 << 10) & 0x1F

Nature = pid % 25 (where % is the modulo operator)
Ability = pid & 1

PID is generated first, immediately followed by IVs, except for Wonder Cards (which don't use the LCRNG for the PID).

Anyway:

Coming soon to Windows and Mac OS X (and maybe Linux, if someone is willing to compile it).

Hey guys...has anyone who has rnged in an emulator willing to help me? I am trying to rng on platinum and heart gold...any help appreciated

Thank you so much, Wichu. :D

It looks like PokeRNG will be able to be used in a similar fashion as to RNG Reporter by the looks of those screenshots. It looks great. (:

Time to give this a shot!! Wish me luck!!

I'm playing Diamond and I'm trying to RNG a trapinch with flawless IVs except in special attack.
Parent A is trapinch with 2/31/10-12/31/0/31 and parent B is ditto with 31/22/20/2/31/4. I'm going for 31/31/31/3/31/31

I've hatched perfect eggs before, but recently I haven't been successful. The spread I am trying to hit is on frame 20, and I hit frame 6 with this save file, so I'm starting with that. The delay I want is 628 and the time is 9:44:14 on Jan 31 2011. I'm also riding the bike, if that makes any difference.

I'm mad because I've hit delay 628 three times now, but not frame 20. The first time I increased the frame 7 times by 2 to supposedly get from 6 to 20, but I landed on 22. The second time, I tried only 6 times and landed on 18. The third time, I went back to flipping the journal page 7 times and ended up on 23.

Does anybody have any information about how frame increases in Diamond? I thought that it had to do with wandering NPCs, and I noticed that the wandering cowgirls by the day care move sometimes before I collect the egg, sometimes not, and that it depends on the delay (i.e. they always move the same way for a given delay at my reset time, at least at first). If I'm wrong about this please let me know, although this is something I noticed, not something somebody told me or something I read.

So, I thought that I had somehow gotten two extra frames because of the cowgirls on delay 628 the first time I hit it. I tried to compensate, knowing that I would lose the same two frames when I hit delay 628 again, but it didn't work. And, the third time, I hit an odd frame.

If anybody has any info for me, or any tips on how to hit the same frame over and over, please help me. I'm following the instruction on smogon's in-game RNG article for hatching perfect eggs.

DPPt egg abuse is a pain in the butt because of the many moving NPCs in that area - at least 3 if I recall right. That means sometimes, even when you've already calibrated your save frame (in your case 6) the movement of those NPCs can affect your advancements. If upon entering the game, after the journal flipping, you're pressing "A" as fast as possible to talk to the old man and you've consistently hit 22frames and not 20 frame, then you're just bad luck. My advice is to save again when you see the two cowgirls are not moving (reducing your chances of them moving upon start up) and find a new save frame and start over.

Alternatively, if you have the money to purchase HG/SS, breeding is much much easier on there :)

@bakus
Actually its like 5-6 npcs

Another tip
In your ingame oprions set your your l button to be L=A for you will tap l and a and it will be like tapping a 2x faster but this work only in ingame not the continue page

You can only set this option after you rng the trapinxh
You do before and you will have to recalibrate the save frame

XD - *shudders* I'm so glad HG/SS made it easier, XD. I remember those abusing days of resaving to get a good save frame that won't jump :P

What are you trying to capture\hatch? I'm trying to get a shiny flawless Latias bold natured.

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? Thats the issue, I can't get a seed.

How did you verify your seed? I can't because I can't even get the seed.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? Okay first of all I will say my steps:
1. Opened PokeRNG to find my seed.
2. Then typed the following: Nature I picked bold, My ID and SID, Hidden power of dragon, Ivs: 31/0/31/31/31/31, and lastly, my minimum delay: 483, and max delay I picked 5000.
And lastly I clicked searched but 0 results were founded.

Can anyone please tell me whats wrong?
~Thanks

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You cant get any IVPID you want to be shiny

You gotta have the right IDs, which you don't have :)

810B042F
31/14/31/31/31/31 Bold Special Flawless (nonshiny)

What are you trying to capture\hatch? I'm trying to get a shiny flawless Latias bold natured.

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? Thats the issue, I can't get a seed.

How did you verify your seed? I can't because I can't even get the seed.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? Okay first of all I will say my steps:
1. Opened PokeRNG to find my seed.
2. Then typed the following: Nature I picked bold, My ID and SID, Hidden power of dragon, Ivs: 31/0/31/31/31/31, and lastly, my minimum delay: 483, and max delay I picked 5000.
And lastly I clicked searched but 0 results were founded.

Can anyone please tell me whats wrong?
~Thanks
When using PokeRNG when you input your ID/SID for a shiny, if a result does not come up. That means your ID/SID combo does not match the seeds PID.

Shininess through the entire game is based upon your ID/SID. Captures can only be shiny if your ID/SID coincides with it's PID.

Since a result did not show, your ID/SID does not match the PID. So you can not get it shiny. But if you can get it non-shiny.
As any game with any ID/SID can capture whatever it wants without it being shiny. But only certain ID/SID's can get good shiny spreads.

Ok so this means that I should restart my game and see if I'm now able to get it shiny and almost flawless? I won't mind to delete my data if is that necessary.

Ok so this means that I should restart my game and see if I'm now able to get it shiny and almost flawless? I won't mind to delete my data if is that necessary.
You would have to abuse your ID/SID. Which can easily be done. So don't rely on luck to get you the correct ID/SID as 99% of the time you'll just come out with time wasted. Along with a lot of tears :P

You have to have RNG reporter, there will be a tab to the side "Pandora's Box" click that.

Find the PID of your spread, put it in there (don't add a specific Trainer ID, as it will just most likely not give you any results). Add a year, than add a minimum delay and a maximum delay. Click "Find Compatible Seeds" and when it's done searching, it will show you all the results that can make that PID shiny in that year with between those delays.

My first suggestion is attempting at ID/SID abusing first, to see what kind of a delay range you can hit effectively. Without rushing, than adding those numbers into the minimum and maximum delay ranges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)