Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

i am having a dilemma....

i am learning to trying to test breed (for learning purposes) a traded meowth and a ditto and my aim is an adamant technician meowth

so here is my problem tell me if there's wrong in my step (i imitated bearfans' guide in youtube) ---

i set adamant in natures pull down menu and ability 1 in the ability pull down menu... anyway, i dont aim for a shiny so i input random number on PID/SID on the PID/SID box... i use time finder then to generate my seeds and then selects one from the list with the lowest frame preferably frame 1 then i right click on the seed and select generate more times. seed to time window opens up and a list shows up. i select on that list (today i will try 2012 01 01 - 01:00:00 - 493 (date/time/delay)) then clicks on the generate button above the lower window (where the time and date to set on the DS is located i believe) it generated a list of times and i selected a seed with the same delay --- 2012 01 01 - 00:59:59 - 493 (date/time/delay) and then i input the date and time on my DS removing the seconds so 00:59:00... on my eontimer, the calibrated time is 500 the calibrated seconds is 15. my target delay is 493 as what the RNG gives me and the target second is 59 (the seconds i removed)... i press the A on the DS to start the new clock 00:59:00 together with the eontimer simultaneously... i turn off and on the DS, go on and get into the game as fast as possible wait for the first timer to go zero and then softreset. the 2nd timer counts down, and i spam the A button to get inside the game world as fast as possible. i reach the game world exactly (or maybe some microsecond late) at the 0:00 of the 2nd timer.

i dont have a pokerus so i use juggler irwin to check if i hit my seed.. but for the 15th time i rinsed and repeat that step, it seems, the K,E,P i received from irwin doesnt match the K,E,P in the list... so what's wrong?

--- sorry for the english, but its pretty much that...

I'm having major problems with Emerald PID abuse, which is really weird because I've done two breeds already.

I calibrate with Spindas, and I get a base calibration of 20. This is all well and good, but when I actually try to hit a frame, I get Spindas whose patterns don't match ANYTHING on the spreadsheet, let alone near my frame. At first I thought it was just Emerald splitting on me or something, so I saved and calibrated again. Same thing. I even redrew a couple of times and got matching Spindas in the 500-700 range, but when I actually tried to hit a shiny frame I couldn't get anything. I can take pictures, but they'd probably be too blurry.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fat oldman
i will have to kill it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat oldman
so do i need to kill it off again and re-do e4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Cereza
You need to kill it again

Hi i'm back and yes i could kill something lol
killed latios off again and i will have to do it yet again as chatots didn't advance frame?
I ended up with frame 3 naive after chasing latios around
It did have correct seed/delay so i'm getting that bit correct
when i use chatot i clicked summary it made a tweating sound (i did this 37 times)
when i used chatot i opened up the summary and it made the tweating noise on the page with nature date i caught it etc but should i have press right and gone to page with stats and ability moves etc? is that where i have gone wrong?

when i used chatot i opened up the summary and it made the tweating noise on the page with nature date i caught it etc but should i have press right and gone to page with stats and ability moves etc? is that where i have gone wrong?
You have to teach the Chatot Chatter and record a custom chatter in order to advance the frame. You record the chatter by going to your party, pressing A on Chatot, and then press A on Chatter. Once the chatter is recorded, then each time you view the summary the frame will advance by 1.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
That's not how it works. Make sure that chatot you have has the move chatter. When you're there record something using chatter and save. Only if you do this is that chatot will advance the RNG.
EDIT:DAM THEM NINJAS! ;-;

Cheers princess of johto & cereza for your advice i will have another go (again) tomorrow. thanks for your help i feel like i will get it tomorrow its just a matter of learning how to do rng properly i'm a bit stumbling in the dark but i've learnt how to use roamer verification and got the timer/delay sorted just need the final piece of the jigsaw (frame advancements) and I WILL GET IT. lol

Major accomplishment here. Hit my TID/SID fuck yes. First TID/SID abuse in the 4th gen.

TID: 29089
SID: 22511
OT: CLARK

Shiny spreads I get:
Modest 30/4/30/30/31/30 (Steel 68)
Timid 30/5/31/31/29/30 (Psychic 48)
Calm 29/5/30/29/29/30 (Psychic 37)
Naughty 29/5/30/29/29/30 (Psychic 37)
Rash 30/5/31/31/29/30 (Psychic 48) <-- lol
Rash 30/31/31/25/31/30 (Psychic 59) wut
Docile 30/4/30/30/31/30 (Steel 68) <--rofl
Bold 31/29/30/30/30/29 (Poison 63)
Adamant 30/31/31/25/31/30 (Psychic 59)

Most of these came as a bonus, as I really aimed for a decent Calm/Bold, Modest and Timid spread all in one group and this was the best group I found. Adamant was also a bonus. Most of these are Sync'ed but oh well that's simple to solve. I know the HPs suck but I really wasn't aiming for that... The only legend here that need a specific HP type is Heatran, but I can just toss Earth Power on it and call it a day.
Guess I gotta figure out a rash legend to catch.... lol

EDIT: So I went on the IRC and asked around about these spreads.... turns out a 31 Speed IV would be good, since they commonly get involved in speed ties :/ I'll reabuse after I get through this file... I might just want to get some legends like Giratina and Uxie before I reabuse... as I don't really have the time right now to reabuse... gonna leave tomorrow for somewhere...

I'm having major problems with Emerald PID abuse, which is really weird because I've done two breeds already.

I calibrate with Spindas, and I get a base calibration of 20. This is all well and good, but when I actually try to hit a frame, I get Spindas whose patterns don't match ANYTHING on the spreadsheet, let alone near my frame. At first I thought it was just Emerald splitting on me or something, so I saved and calibrated again. Same thing. I even redrew a couple of times and got matching Spindas in the 500-700 range, but when I actually tried to hit a shiny frame I couldn't get anything. I can take pictures, but they'd probably be too blurry.
How are you checking your frame? You should plug Spinda's PID into eepid; it outputs the frame it obtained the high PID from, the frame it obtained the low PID from, and your calibration. The first frame it gives you (the high PID frame) is the frame you hit.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sometimes the game throws a wrench into things and does an extra RNG call, increasing the calibration by 1. I cannot predict when it happens but be aware of it.

Advancing frame for lugia

I'm using RNG abuse for the first time and I'm going after Lugia in SS, but I have very little comprehension of how to advance frames or what it even does. To be specific, Does anyone know if after calling Elm outside Lugia's cave will the frame advance from me walking inside the cave and then using surf to encounter lugia?

I finally hit my desired seed after trying awhile and I've called elm 24 times (I need to advance 59 frames) but I cant figure out how many more times I should call him before walking inside the cave.

Any help would be appreciated and sorry if this seems like a nooby question.

Edit: Sorry!! Just dug around the mechanics tutorial from smogon and realized he answered part of this. What I guess I need to know is how much surfing will advance the frame or if this is considered the same thing as walking in an area where pokemon encounters may occur.

Edit: Sorry!! Just dug around the mechanics tutorial from smogon and realized he answered part of this. What I guess I need to know is how much surfing will advance the frame or if this is considered the same thing as walking in an area where pokemon encounters may occur.
Surfing won't advance the frame because there are no wild Pokemon at all in Lugia's Cavern. The only thing that would advance the frame, other than your elm calls), is if you trip the 128 step counter. If you do, then the frame will advance by however many Pokemon are in your party. You probably won't trigger the step counter, though, so don't worry about it.

In short, just advance to your target frame and walk up to Lugia.

Shiny Latios RNG help

I'm having trouble RNGing shiny Latios in Ruby. I hear it's a lot like emerald, and that the spread is selected AFTER advancing the news broadcast in your house past the text dealing with the color of the pokmeon. I have tried several times to catch my shiny latios. Unfortunately, I keep getting random natures that aren't really close to my desired frame, and I can't figure out a good way to verify that I'm at least close to the frame that I'm aiming for.

Ruby apparently makes it so that Latios cannot have good IVs for anything other than HP. According to some sites I've read, HP is the only number that is set when selecting my spread at the television. So far this has been true, but the fact that the IVs are different than what I've selected at the television makes me wonder if even HP is accurate with the spread that I selected: Is there a way I can figure out what frames I am hitting aside from the nature? The nature is too generic and it's not helping me get any closer to finding my shiny. Has anyone RNGed a shiny latios/latias from Ruby or Sapphire specifically? (not emerald or HGSS). If so, what exactly did you do to get it (what was the frame time and how many seconds early did you hit a to set the spread/where was the spread set (on the tv or no?)/how did you veryify the spread) I can't find anything on this and would like to have a shiny latios ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated, please message me with any info.

In case you didn't feel like reading the above paragraph:
Having trouble catching shiny latios on RUBY
-Has anyone done this? If so, give me details:
--what was the desired frame time
--how many seconds early did you hit a to set the spread
--where was the spread set (on the tv or no?)
--how did you verify the spread

Thanks for your help!

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm having trouble RNGing shiny Latios in Ruby. I hear it's a lot like emerald, and that the spread is selected AFTER advancing the news broadcast in your house past the text dealing with the color of the pokmeon. I have tried several times to catch my shiny latios. Unfortunately, I keep getting random natures that aren't really close to my desired frame, and I can't figure out a good way to verify that I'm at least close to the frame that I'm aiming for.

Ruby apparently makes it so that Latios cannot have good IVs for anything other than HP. According to some sites I've read, HP is the only number that is set when selecting my spread at the television. So far this has been true, but the fact that the IVs are different than what I've selected at the television makes me wonder if even HP is accurate with the spread that I selected: Is there a way I can figure out what frames I am hitting aside from the nature? The nature is too generic and it's not helping me get any closer to finding my shiny. Has anyone RNGed a shiny latios/latias from Ruby or Sapphire specifically? (not emerald or HGSS). If so, what exactly did you do to get it (what was the frame time and how many seconds early did you hit a to set the spread/where was the spread set (on the tv or no?)/how did you veryify the spread) I can't find anything on this and would like to have a shiny latios ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated, please message me with any info.

In case you didn't feel like reading the above paragraph:
Having trouble catching shiny latios on RUBY
-Has anyone done this? If so, give me details:
--what was the desired frame time
--how many seconds early did you hit a to set the spread
--where was the spread set (on the tv or no?)
--how did you verify the spread

Thanks for your help!
I never bothered to check when Lati@s generates in R/S because of the glitch. As for the IVs the HP is unaffected, and the Atk can only be 0-7. If it's above 7 you would subtract 7 until you're less than that.

Hi just want to thank everyone especially darkchaos, princess of jonto, and cereza thanks for all your help and advice i caught my timid hp fire roaming latios just now
which i wouldn't have done without your advice cheers for helping me so much i really appreciate the time everyone takes in this thread to help newbies to rng like me cheers

Just to make sure, is your cart's internal battery dead? If not, you'll start from a different seed every time.

yup my battery is dead. I have been able to verify that the frame I want to use on seed 5A0 is alright by catching my groudon as shiny earlier in the game. I'm assuming that the same frame would be acceptable for latios.

Thanks for the help Princess of Johto! Unfortunately, I screwed up advancing my RNG and didn't get the results I wanted. I have been trying trying to hit my target delay again for hours now but I Just want to make sure I have the right number of frame advances down for lugia when I do get it.

Sooooo, If I need to advance the frame 59 times, I would get it to 58 to account for triggering Lugia but I've been wondering if I also need to account for walking into Lugias cave? Does this count as walking in an area where encounters may occur, even if I'm directly in front of the cave?

Sooooo, If I need to advance the frame 59 times, I would get it to 58 to account for triggering Lugia but I've been wondering if I also need to account for walking into Lugias cave? Does this count as walking in an area where encounters may occur, even if I'm directly in front of the cave?
No, you don't need to account for it unless you trigger the 128 steps thing which likely won't happen (has never happened to me before). Save directly in front of the entrance to Lugia's cave while making sure you face the entrance, advance the frame to one before your target, and proceed as usual.

tl;dr walking into Lugia's cave and surfing up to it won't affect anything

WOOT! Finally got that ho!

I'm only a little bummed that I couldn't find a seed that gave me better IV's but since my comps in the shop and I didn't have a week to wait for my netbook to finish running RNG reporter I guess I can't complain.

Thanks i1338 and Princess of Johto, the help was appreciated and hopefully I wasn't a bother.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
I wanna try out emerald breeding with RNG reporter but could someone explain me what do the terms "No splits", "Splits" and "Alternate" mean and how to work around with them?

Shii

zap
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I wanna try out emerald breeding with RNG reporter but could someone explain me what do the terms "No splits", "Splits" and "Alternate" mean and how to work around with them?
No split spreads are the normal method for breeding in Emerald. It's counterpart (if you will) is split spreads. For every frame, there is a split and no-split frame. I think split frames take half the IV's of the normal frame and half the IV's of either the next frame or the method 4 frame, I can't remember which. Alternate Inheritance spreads are completely different. Chances are you will be hitting non-split spreads, maybe some split spreads. Alternate Inheritance happens rarely.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
No split spreads are the normal method for breeding in Emerald. It's counterpart (if you will) is split spreads. For every frame, there is a split and no-split frame. I think split frames take half the IV's of the normal frame and half the IV's of either the next frame or the method 4 frame, I can't remember which. Alternate Inheritance spreads are completely different. Chances are you will be hitting non-split spreads, maybe some split spreads. Alternate Inheritance happens rarely.
Thanks Shii, "Im M3" also Vm'ed me regarding this and now I'm picking all the good spreads under 10 minutes and not taking into account the alternate ones for now. These look good so far:

14417S 4:00.28 B A 31 31 B 31
23244 6:27.40 A 11 31 31 31 B
28696 7:58.26 B B 30 31 B 30

Also it wasn't very clear to me from the first post of this thread but the IVs are generated the moment you start your conversation with the daycare man or are generated the moment you press A for the dialogue box to dissappear?

Also it wasn't very clear to me from the first post of this thread but the IVs are generated the moment you start your conversation with the daycare man or are generated the moment you press A for the dialogue box to dissappear?
They're generated when you press A after he says "Take good care of it."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 32)