Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Yes, I do. The reason I was asking is not because I can't start a new game and determine its ID and SID that way, but because I was curious as to whether the SID of an existing game could be determined via that method.
But that is exactly what I said, isn't it? If we can already ABUSE it, and Pandora's Box even has a way to find out which SID you got when you started the game, if you have the details of that new game, I don't see the point of your question.

You NEED to know the details of when you started the game, at least to the minute, and you need to pretty much know the delay and seconds to be able to be sure about the SID using that method.

Pretty new to RNG, just started with some shiny eggs and thats pretty straightforward, only thing I can do wrong is miscount the happiness taps.

From what I understand RNGing for egg IVs has a certain element of timing to it when it comes to hitting a delay, just how accurate do I have to be. Nearest second, tenth of a second?

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has done so much research into RNG and has made it relatively simple for all of us idiots!

I just hatched an Adamant Shiny Beldum and after hours upon hours of calibrating and research got the IV spread as follows:

31/31/31/20/31/31

A quick question, can I no longer use this specific day since my journal entry will have it shown as I caught and hatched something, which from what I read would increase my frames? I was quite consistently hitting 9, so I'm guessing my frames will go up as that page has that info? Any help would be appreciated, but again thanks so much!

Do you want a shiny ?
and btw it;s impossible to get HP ICE 70 in that IV

when i'm using a pokerng, here's what it gaves u

PID: 0703b6e4 (MODEST, ability 0) 30/10/30/31/31/31 (Seed: 0805028a Method 1: 1325, J (synch): 1260, J (no synch): 1308, K (synch): 1260, K (no synch): 1278) HP ICE 70

Oh. O.K. thanks!

Frame advancement in Bell tower

I was able to succesfully get my RNG abused Ho-oh, but one thing bugs me.

1)Before RNG abuse, I saved right in front of the ladder to the rooftop.

2)Then, I reset my game, walked up the ladder all the way to Ho-oh, caught him.

3)I deduced that he was on frame 1 after several rounds for confirmation. (128 step counter was not triggered, and this was after walking up the ladder to the rooftop and all the way to Ho-oh)

4)Then I changed my date to match my target spread's.

5)When I hit my delay, and advanced my frames accordingly, I noticed I was off by one frame, even though I did nothing new except advance my frames.

6)I know I didn't miscount, b/c I did a practice trial run and he was mysteriously on frame 2.

Can anyone explain the reason behind why the frame would change? If it was because it's a step in an area with wild pokemon, why was the caught Ho-oh's frame initially 1 during the previous trial runs? And does walking up the ladder count as a step in an area with wild pokemon? This didn't happen to me when I RNG abused for Lugia outside his cave's entrance.

One last note: in the trials I did, I did not have a syncer at the front of my party. But when I went to abuse for Ho-oh, the spread required me to have a syncer, so I had a dead syncer at the front of my party. Does having a synchronizer at the front of your party advance the frame by one, or any amount?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was able to succesfully get my RNG abused Ho-oh, but one thing bugs me.

1)Before RNG abuse, I saved right in front of the ladder to the rooftop.

2)Then, I reset my game, walked up the ladder all the way to Ho-oh, caught him.

3)I deduced that he was on frame 1 after several rounds for confirmation. (128 step counter was not triggered, and this was after walking up the ladder to the rooftop and all the way to Ho-oh)

4)Then I changed my date to match my target spread's.

5)When I hit my delay, and advanced my frames accordingly, I noticed I was off by one frame, even though I did nothing new except advance my frames.

6)I know I didn't miscount, b/c I did a practice trial run and he was mysteriously on frame 2.

Can anyone explain the reason behind why the frame would change? If it was because it's a step in an area with wild pokemon, why was the caught Ho-oh's frame initially 1 during the previous trial runs? And does walking up the ladder count as a step in an area with wild pokemon? This didn't happen to me when I RNG abused for Lugia outside his cave's entrance.

One last note: in the trials I did, I did not have a syncer at the front of my party. But when I went to abuse for Ho-oh, the spread required me to have a syncer, so I had a dead syncer at the front of my party. Does having a synchronizer at the front of your party advance the frame by one, or any amount?
from experience having a syncher does not advance your frames, and are you using the radio to do your advancements?

Does ho-oh have a monster frame, in similar fashion to all of the DPPt legends? I dont want to do all of the frame advancements to find out i messed up >_>

from experience having a syncher does not advance your frames, and are you using the radio to do your advancements?
I use the bottom right station. It has proven to be consistent for all the RNG abusing I have done, advancing by only 1 each time. And I had to advance the frame by 667 once, which I did w/ Pokemon search party. So I highly doubt it's the radio.

I also ruled out DS date rollover. Time was 20:58. I caught him within an hour of hitting my seed.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Does ho-oh have a monster frame, in similar fashion to all of the DPPt legends? I dont want to do all of the frame advancements to find out i messed up >_>
starting frame of 1 like most if not all other method K pokemon

I use the bottom right station. It has proven to be consistent for all the RNG abusing I have done, advancing by only 1 each time. And I had to advance the frame by 667 once, which I did w/ Pokemon search party. So I highly doubt it's the radio.

I also ruled out DS date rollover. Time was 20:58. I caught him within an hour of hitting my seed.
I'd look at the radio personally since it isn't the most consistent method of advancement but if you had so much success with it I'm not going to argue. Monster frames don't just change when you try and hit a specific seed unless your RNGing lati@s in vermillion city with moving NPCs so I'm not keen on placing the blame on that. I assume you have no roamers out?

Alright, thanks. I dont want to get in the same situation that palkiaqua had to experience. Also, do the roamers only advance the frame when you start the game, or can they do it out of no where as well?

I'd look at the radio personally since it isn't the most consistent method of advancement but if you had so much success with it I'm not going to argue. Monster frames don't just change when you try and hit a specific seed unless your RNGing lati@s in vermillion city with moving NPCs so I'm not keen on placing the blame on that. I assume you have no roamers out?
I understand your point, and I also understand that monster frames don't change either. Yes, there are NO roamers out, all have been caught.

For numerical representation:
Target frame 224.
Called Elm to confirm, that's another 10 frames
Ho-oh's frame is one.
224-10=214
214-1=213
So 213 frame advances, right? I ended up hitting frame 225, so I just hit my seed again and advance 212 w/ the radio, and got my target spread.

I'm still trying to figure out why one extra frame advanced:
Ruled out roamers
Ruled out step counter (5 pokes in party, would have been off by 5 frames)
Ruled out radio advances (b/c I easily did 212 detunes and got to 224, whereas did 213 earlier and was one frame later at 225, thus radio advances are consistent)

Only thing different btwn when I caught him and when I did my trial runs was that I had a syncer out in front.

I didn't do anything different when I hit my seed compared to my trial runs, except for frame advancement (and as I stated earlier, I don't have any reason to believe they were inconsistent). Yet in my trial runs, Ho-oh was at frame 1. The radio broadcast didn't change during advancing frames either. I don't know what accounted for that extra frame.

Another note: this was the first time I used a syncer. All of the rng projects I did before that were method K did not require a syncer.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
I understand your point, and I also understand that monster frames don't change either. Yes, there are NO roamers out, all have been caught.

For numerical representation:
Target frame 224.
Called Elm to confirm, that's another 10 frames
Ho-oh's frame is one.
224-10=214
214-1=213
So 213 frame advances, right? I ended up hitting frame 225, so I just hit my seed again and advance 212 w/ the radio, and got my target spread.

I'm still trying to figure out why one extra frame advanced:
Ruled out roamers
Ruled out step counter (5 pokes in party, would have been off by 5 frames)
Ruled out radio advances (b/c I easily did 212 detunes and got to 224, whereas did 213 earlier and was one frame later at 225, thus radio advances are consistent)

Only thing different btwn when I caught him and when I did my trial runs was that I had a syncer out in front.

I didn't do anything different when I hit my seed compared to my trial runs, except for frame advancement (and as I stated earlier, I don't have any reason to believe they were inconsistent). Yet in my trial runs, Ho-oh was at frame 1. The radio broadcast didn't change during advancing frames either. I don't know what accounted for that extra frame.

Another note: this was the first time I used a syncer. All of the rng projects I did before that were method K did not require a syncer.
Maybe a commercial came on while you were detuning the radio, anyway I have it say its odd but not uncommon, a few examples would be the beasts in EU versions of the game have different starting frames when compared to the American or Japanese version, one time someone stated that their dialga was starting on frame zero for some reason in pokemon platinum. Who knows why these things happen, just the game I guess, the RNG can have its hiccups but in the end you got it and hopefully it will be more consistent on your next attempt.

Maybe a commercial came on while you were detuning the radio, anyway I have it say its odd but not uncommon, a few examples would be the beasts in EU versions of the game have different starting frames when compared to the American or Japanese version, one time someone stated that their dialga was starting on frame zero for some reason in pokemon platinum. Who knows why these things happen, just the game I guess, the RNG can have its hiccups but in the end you got it and hopefully it will be more consistent on your next attempt.
Hmmm... that's interesting, that other games have this happening. For future reference, I only have the North American versions of any Pokemon game I own. I'm the type of person who believes there's a reason for everything that happens, one that can be explained down to a simple enough level, so that's why I'm so stubborn in trying to figure why I was off. Thanks for your insight though, I appreciate it. Once again, you say having a syncer DOES NOT advance the frame, correct?

There must be a reason, though it's hard to tell what it could be. The only things I can think of is either some idiosyncrasy we're not aware of, or human error (i.e. one of your radio detunings wasn't perfect or hit another channel).

I guess there's a possibility that which Pokémon you have following you could affect the frame, though usually only if you talk to it/interact with it or Sweet Scent. Possibly changing which one is following changes the frame?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Hmmm... that's interesting, that other games have this happening. For future reference, I only have the North American versions of any Pokemon game I own. I'm the type of person who believes there's a reason for everything that happens, one that can be explained down to a simple enough level, so that's why I'm so stubborn in trying to figure why I was off. Thanks for your insight though, I appreciate it. Once again, you say having a syncer DOES NOT advance the frame, correct?
well I've used a synchronizer for evey method K I've done on HG and method J on platinum and I've never had that problem, and tbh I don't recall anyone else having a synch do that to them.

Well, I was RNGing using the Shiny Egg finder, and all when I checked my seed, it was correct, so I flipped to the happiness, did those, then I flipped back to the coin app, and did my flips, and the egg came out not shiny but still the proper nature, what might I have done wrong?

Either you hit the right frame but have the wrong ID/SID entered, thus giving a non shiny egg with the correct PID, or you hit the wrong frame somehow and the fact that it has the right nature is just a coincidence. Can you check the gender and ability to see if they match up with what you were trying to hit? What seed/frame were you aiming for?

Okay, what frame were you aiming for, and what are you ID and SID? (And what nature, gender and ability, just to double check...)

ID: 14741 (Palindrome :P)
SID: 15000

Adamant
Male
Ability 1

Date is yesterday, time was 10:17:14 (seconds is 14, delay is between 604-610)
I'm not quite sure which frame, because it doesn't have that as a column in the shiny egg finder .

In HG/SS, can the IRNG frame be "calibrated" similar to what is done in the IV step? I'm just wondering if there's any way to accurately RNG for a shiny Adamant (ability and gender don't matter) egg in those games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)