Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Pokemon Pearl RNG Question
Alright so I wanted to start RNGing. And I want to find my calibration time and average delay. The only problem is that I wanted my first project to be a Palkia on Pearl. Now all I am asking, is if it is possible to be able to check my delay. By catching Palkia and restarting. I need to know if it is of a high enough level
Also shiny egg RNG seems not to work in weather. IS that the same with average delay finding, because the weather might advance the frame without me knowing, ruining the process of finding my delay

Thank you and I apologise if this is a pretty noobish question. I want to start RNGing!!

Quick question!

I'm in the middle of RNGing an extremespeed Dragonite and I just want to make sure I'm not miscaculating here (because I've been advancing the frame for the past 40 minutes and I don't want to fuck up here).

My target frame is 300, I have captured all roamers (I haven't released Latios yet), and I've called Elm for the 299th time now. So I should pick him up now and it'll be the 300th frame because of his monster frame (1) right? Or do I call Elm one more time then pick him up? I haven't RNG'd in a long time so I'm not sure.

For a monster frame of 1, you stop calling one frame before your target. So in your case, you call at 299, pick up at 300.

For a monster frame of 1, you stop calling one frame before your target. So in your case, you call at 299, pick up at 300.
Okay thanks.

Got it, man does RNGing in HGSS suck compared to Platinum. I'd rather do 1000 frames in Platinum then 300 in Soul Silver again.

Why no match?

I'm trying to get a shiny porygon egg in SoulSilver, and I keep getting that there are no matches found for my roaming pokemon locations in RNG Reporter. I'm using pikatimer, in case that matters.
Calibrated delay/second: 492/13
Date: 2005 9 21
Time: 9:57:30
Delay: 728
I saved with all of my roaming pokemon loose, and entered their respective routes into the adjacent finder of RNG Reporter. When I reset and typed in the new routes of the roamers, no matches were found. Many times, actually. My adjacents are from -3 and +3 seconds, with +/- 99 Delay. Does anyone know what could be happening? Should I just start using Elm calls instead?

Put your adjacents to the max seconds either way, +/- 9. If you still find can't find adjacents after you do that, then resave the game in front of the daycare lady and make a note of the new roamer positions. Then try again.

In HG, I received a call (which i didn't pick up) before the day-care man had the egg, will this mess up my frames? and if I repeat the process with the same seed, will the call happen again?

I'm trying to find my SID through a shiny I caught. I downloaded the rng Reporter and clicked on the IV to PID button to find my SID. I put in all the IVs in and I got my SID. Then I tried this PID finder and I got something different. Which one should I go with?

In HG, I received a call (which i didn't pick up) before the day-care man had the egg, will this mess up my frames? and if I repeat the process with the same seed, will the call happen again?
I've had calls mess up my frames, sometimes by one advancement, more often by two. You can just see what happens to your baby when it hatches. Wrong nature means you definitely had the frames frigged up. (This is assuming you saved before you took the egg.)

Ok, new question and I need someone to answer this:
I figured out my delay, but I need some seeds to start with to RNG Palkia
The thing is, my computer doesnt let me download stuff, and I cant download the Excel file for the list of seeds
Is there an online list of seeds and spreads to RNG Legendaries??

Can someone let me know if RNGing Lugia from the outside of his personal cave is viable? What I would do is save right outside the entrance to his cave and when I enter the game check my seed by calling Elm and if I get it then keep calling him till I land on my face. Then go in, swim up to his sprite and start the battle. I just want to know if entering the cave will cause any possible frame jumps and whether its recommend or not.

I've had calls mess up my frames, sometimes by one advancement, more often by two. You can just see what happens to your baby when it hatches. Wrong nature means you definitely had the frames frigged up. (This is assuming you saved before you took the egg.)
This was before the Day Care Man was holding the egg. It did advance two frames. But if the call comes AFTER he is holding the egg (happened with piplup) then I does nothing to the egg. I repreated the process with the same seed, but did different things, like talking to the Day Care Man after going out, going in and out of building I didn't before, and it was fine, the egg came and no calls messed anything.

No, I mean if you save before taking the egg, you can see if those calls, which happened before the Daycare Man had the egg in his possession, advanced the frames. Otherwise, you can take no chances and start again from a soft reset. But your best bet is to choose a time in the first half hour. Most calls happen as the hour rolls over to the next hour.

Can someone let me know if RNGing Lugia from the outside of his personal cave is viable? What I would do is save right outside the entrance to his cave and when I enter the game check my seed by calling Elm and if I get it then keep calling him till I land on my face. Then go in, swim up to his sprite and start the battle. I just want to know if entering the cave will cause any possible frame jumps and whether its recommend or not.
Well, it could trigger the 128-step cycle. Is it not possible to save in front of him and RNG from there?

Okay thanks.

Got it, man does RNGing in HGSS suck compared to Platinum. I'd rather do 1000 frames in Platinum then 300 in Soul Silver again.
I SO want the journal back in B&W...

Well, it could trigger the 128-step cycle. Is it not possible to save in front of him and RNG from there?

Yeah I was worried about the 128-step cycle but its a reletively short distance to walk, and it ended up working anyways. =)

Saving in front of him would mean that I would be in his cave and I wouldn't be able to check my seed by calling Elm (no reception there), so yeah, I was thinking how I could work my way around that and saving outside his cave worked for me.

I SO want the journal back in B&W...
Haha same here, going for frames past 100 in HGSS is just horrible.

Not if your seed just happen to be at 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20 or 23 hours, cause that's when buena's on, and the other stations are inconsistent.

I'm trying to SR on the final step for Platinum IV RNGing, but my frame continues being 6 on the specific delay (599) despite it usually being 9. Is there any explanation or way to fix this? I keep hitting this number and hit 9 on most of the other delays >.<

If it's just luck I guess I'll have to try again D:

another question.

how many times, on average, do you all reset to get the right seed? I've done it maybe 50 times so far, and I'm starting to feel like it's too much, or I'm not doing something right.

How is delay affected by the year you have on your ds? I'm having trouble finding spreads and I think I may be entering my delay wrong into the time finder.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
how many times, on average, do you all reset to get the right seed? I've done it maybe 50 times so far, and I'm starting to feel like it's too much, or I'm not doing something right.
Make sure you adjust the first timer to match the target seconds when you add the second timer's (I mean, if your target second is 50, the first timer could be 30 and the second one 20).

Not if your seed just happen to be at 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20 or 23 hours, cause that's when buena's on, and the other stations are inconsistent.
This why you combine the use of the other radio stations (Pokemon talk) and elm calls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)