Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Help please

Hey guys, sorry for being a noob but I really need help with this.
How do you use the chain to sid feature of the RNG reporter?
I can't really get started since I don't have my SID and a naturally caught shiny. This probably will get me on the right track. I really need help, any answers please?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey if I have a wondercard and a frame of 24, I'll let the npc step once and then divide by 2 right?
It's far easier just to release one of the roamers. In Platinum\HGSS, if you defeat (not capture) a roamer, it will respawn with random IVs after you beat the Elite Four.

Hey guys, sorry for being a noob but I really need help with this.
How do you use the chain to sid feature of the RNG reporter?
I can't really get started since I don't have my SID and a naturally caught shiny. This probably will get me on the right track. I really need help, any answers please?
Plug in the IVs, nature, ability, and gender ratio of each of your chained Pokemon. This allows RNG Reporter to narrow down the possibilities for your real SID. You'll have to look at the Dex (the Dex\IV Check button) for information like the Gender Ratio and ability number.

Oh that's cool to know about the roaming birds in Platinum, thanks for that tidbit of information OmegaDonut, sucks that I already caught Moltres:(

The npc in the jublilife mart on my diamond takes longer to move compared to the same guy on my platinum. Does that automatically mean he's in the "Do nothing" mode? Also if that's true, would just moving help at all?

Okay, I really need some expert help.
I want to reset to get multiple 0 IVs on my shuppet, how do I search for a seed with multiple 0 IVs.
I know how to search for 31, but how do I search for 0?

Ok let's say the seconds in emloop are 43.33. I have a GBA cartridge in my slot that will give me an odd delay. I'm trying to get 2383, but I'm so close to have gotten 2379 and 2381 and here's why. I start the timer and pause a bit before synching the clock. What can I change to get the delay to go up 2 more? Could I change the 43.33 to 45.33, or could that mess me up (my target seconds is 43 btw)?

From the guide in the part for advancing the RNG it says that sweet scenting in the grass advances the RNG by 1 seed and in the water it advances by 2, is this true and does this affect anything when calculating journal flips?

Hello

I am new here...I am trying to RNG for Heatran, I have a Modest synchroniser with me and I am going to try to capture it, but first I need to know what to do. I have a seconds/delay of 14/606, the exact same as the delay for the Heatran I want, on either frame 1611/1616, and I have a journal full of captured pokemon for the last 10 days, so when I hit my delay am I to assume to flip through the entirety of the journal 42 times then walk 384 steps? I am confused. I am in Heatran's room, does this count as one without wild pokemon, and what about the calculation to reach the target frame:

RNG advances = Target Frame - Monster Frame - Number of Wandering Pokémon
1616 - 1 - 0

If so, how do I hit frame 1610/1615?

I can hit 1627, because 1627-1 = 1626
38*42=1596+30(from doing 128*6 steps in a room without wild pokemon)=1626

Still, is Heatran's room considered one without wild pokemon, so I would need to walk 128 steps to achieve a 5 frame jump in the RNG?

Oh yeah and does flipping through the poketch to the step counter from the coin toss advance the RNG? Because I thought it said somewhere to avoid the happiness checker.If you press the bottom button on the Poketch you avoid the happiness checker, should I do that?

Ok obviously I've tried so many times and I can't hit the delay of 2383. I keep getting even delays of 2380, 2382, and 2384 even with a GBA Game inserted. Would changing the year on the reporter and the year on my target time, but leaving emloop the way it is help?

Ok obviously I've tried so many times and I can't hit the delay of 2383. I keep getting even delays of 2380, 2382, and 2384 even with a GBA Game inserted. Would changing the year on the reporter and the year on my target time, but leaving emloop the way it is help?
Just change the year from 2009 to 2010 ;).

You make it sound so simple haha. Think it will realy help my chances of hitting the delay?
Changing the year odd/even lets your hit alternate odd/even delays. So if you're aiming for even and you're hitting odd. Just change the year by one and vice versa.

Well I get even and odd sometimes, but It worked and I finally hit my delay. Thing is, the npc took so long to move, I assume it was "Do nothing." Especially since I didn't get my ivs :(. She moves fast when my GBA game is inserted, but I don't know if it will mess things up or not.

If you're having trouble with an NPC just try re-saving JRT. Make sure you save on a day that is at least a few days away from your target though, so the journal will still auto-open.

Ok I'll try that. BTW, I've hit my delay 2 times already and that girl foiled my plans >.< but luckily the natures didn't matter teehee

Hello

I am trying to RNG for a Gible. I can hit my delay and get the frame, but so far I have only ever encountered Bronzors. Does a certain frame give out a certain pokemon, explaining why I cannot get Gible, or am I just having a bad day?

Hello

I am trying to RNG for a Gible. I can hit my delay and get the frame, but so far I have only ever encountered Bronzors. Does a certain frame give out a certain pokemon, explaining why I cannot get Gible, or am I just having a bad day?

Thats because you need to use "Encounter Slots" Right Click on Your Frame and Click on Calculate Encounter Slots, and it should show you a list of Slots like Sweet Scent Grass/Cave, Water etc but you would use Sweet Scent Grass/Cave ( Now this would change depending where you are ). Now you'd have to find a Frame with an Ecounter slot of 2, 6, 8, or 10 because those are Gibles Encoutner Slots.
EDIT: Now youd have to do this each time for different pokes because they all have different Encoutner Slots in different Areas

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Hello

Steve is right. Each frame gives a specific pokemon. He got the encounter slot numbers for Gible from the charts linked in the 4th post of this thread in case you wanna look them up yourself. I'd also like to point out that using a synchronizer sometimes increases the number of frames in which a spread will appear.

Good luck!

Thats because you need to use "Encounter Slots" Right Click on Your Frame and Click on Calculate Encounter Slots, and it should show you a list of Slots like Sweet Scent Grass/Cave, Water etc but you would use Sweet Scent Grass/Cave ( Now this would change depending where you are ). Now you'd have to find a Frame with an Ecounter slot of 2, 6, 8, or 10 because those are Gibles Encoutner Slots.
EDIT: Now youd have to do this each time for different pokes because they all have different Encoutner Slots in different Areas
I am right clicking, on the DPt Time Finder Tab, where I got the frame, it does not say "Calculate Encounter Slots", how do I generate the results to have this option?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)