Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Does recieving a pokemon in a wi-fi trade raise your frame in the journal?
No, only a Page with a Caught or Defeated Poke on it
There are a number of different ways to advance the RNG, but for capturing Pokémon the three easiest are Journal flips, walking where there are wild Pokémon present while using a Repel, and walking where there are no wild Pokémon.
Journal Flipping Opening the Journal, or having it automatically open, when there is a caught or defeated Pokémon on the first page advances the RNG by 2. There are a number of formats for the caught Pokémon text. Those listed below have been verified to advance the RNG.
'Caught a female BIDOOF.
''Caught AZELF (LATE NIGHT).
''UXIE was caught (DAY).
''Defeated a male BIDOOF.'

So does that mean I can abuse for the nature?
Yes.
I have a question about hatching perfect pokemon.
One of the steps is:
Reset your game, and then immediately cancel the Journal and collect the egg. Remember to speak to the Daycare man as quickly as you can as the frame starts to increase as soon as the Journal is canceled.
Encounter a wild Pokémon as quickly as possible."

Exactly how quickly does it have to be? Can I fly to the resort area and get a high level magikarp, so I don't have to spend time leveling?
Yes, you can fly to a location and catch a high-level Pokemon. Having something with the Hustle ability as your lead helps in this case, because it raises the level of wild encounters.
Does recieving a pokemon in a wi-fi trade raise your frame in the journal?
No. Only wild encounters.

Yes.

Yes, you can fly to a location and catch a high-level Pokemon. Having something with the Hustle ability as your lead helps in this case, because it raises the level of wild encounters.
Which is better, a Hustler or an Intimidater?
I'm pretty sure intimidate halves the chances of encountering pokemon lower than the pokemon's level.
Although I'm not sure of the specifics of hustle

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Which is better, a Hustler or an Intimidater?
I'm pretty sure intimidate halves the chances of encountering pokemon lower than the pokemon's level.
Although I'm not sure of the specifics of hustle
Hustle=more encounters
Intimidate=less

Bring a Sweet Scenter though. Instant wild pokes. That's what I'm doing in HG.

Okay im about RNG abuse for my Ubers ( Dialga right now )
So i hit my seconds & delay and cancel my journal.
Example my frame is lets say 91. So it would be 91 - 1 = 90 divided by 2 = 45 flips
correct?

Just trying to make sure i recall all the step again its been awhile since i did ubers.
Also does anyone have a good spread sheet for shiny ubers?

I am currently trying to RNG for shiny eggs using my R4i rom Pokemon Platinum file. I have my ID and SID, and I am using the Method: DPPt Egg PID (Normal). My SID and ID are plugged into the RNG reporter, and I am using an IV check code to find my Initial Seed using pokemon's IVs. For some reason, whenever I plug everything in (my DSi and computer are synchronized for the correct date/time), and frames and everything come up, whenever I do all of the taps and coin flips, it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

NOTE: I have successfully RNG'd a shiny Rotom using my R4i and the pokemon platinum ROM, so it's not that I'm using a ROM.

Okay im about RNG abuse for my Ubers ( Dialga right now )
So i hit my seconds & delay and cancel my journal.
Example my frame is lets say 91. So it would be 91 - 1 = 90 divided by 2 = 45 flips
correct?

Just trying to make sure i recall all the step again its been awhile since i did ubers.
Also does anyone have a good spread sheet for shiny ubers?
Yeah it would be:

X= Stationary Pokemon's starting frame
Y= Number of Roamers
Z= New Flips after substraction
V= Initial Frame

V - X - Y = Z/2

So in your case it would be:
91 - 1 - 0 = 90/2
45 Flips it would be.

Tough if your journal opens and you cancel it make sure it isn't on a Caught/Defeated Pokemon...but in this case you can just remove another 2 and do 44 flips.

There is no sheet for shiny Ubers, the list is identical to the ones of MethodJ/Method1 non-shiny Pokemon...I think that list should be on the front page in CSV or something similar format.

To get any wanted shiny legendary you need to have a ID/SID combo that's generates the wanted PID that is identical to the wanted IV sheet...which can be accompenied by another similar PID in certain cases for example Timid IV spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31 is accompenied by Modest IV spread 31/31/31/31/31/31

Sorry for the long reply, I hope it helps.

Megadeth 90: That is correct.

Shinyness depends on your Trainer ID and Secret ID. So there aren't any spreadsheets, you'll have to know the IDs and calculate the spreads in RNG reporter. Bear in mind you are highly unlikely to get near-flawless shiny spreads.

I am currently trying to RNG for shiny eggs using my R4i rom Pokemon Platinum file. I have my ID and SID, and I am using the Method: DPPt Egg PID (Normal). My SID and ID are plugged into the RNG reporter, and I am using an IV check code to find my Initial Seed using pokemon's IVs. For some reason, whenever I plug everything in (my DSi and computer are synchronized for the correct date/time), and frames and everything come up, whenever I do all of the taps and coin flips, it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

NOTE: I have successfully RNG'd a shiny Rotom using my R4i and the pokemon platinum ROM, so it's not that I'm using a ROM.
I RNG on both my r4i and AR.

Frame doesn't matter when RNGing for a shiny egg it only matters for the Ivs. Do you have five pokemons in your party? Are sure your using the correct id/sid? are you sure the time and date is correct?

Just making sure you have the basic down 1st.

And are you sure you have it on DPPT EGG?

I RNG on both my r4i and AR.

Frame doesn't matter when RNGing for a shiny egg it only matters for the Ivs. Do you have five pokemons in your party? Are sure your using the correct id/sid? are you sure the time and date is correct?

Just making sure you have the basic down 1st.

And are you sure you have it on DPPT EGG?
Wow am I ever stupid. I don't have 5 pokés in my party >___> I never thought you needed 5 in your party...
Thanks, I'll let you know if it works or not.

Hmm... What other possible natures are there if I have a Shiny Spread for Timid Nature, 31/22/30/31/31/31? (Because I think the same spread will appear with two natures - or am I wrong?)

Because If you have quint flawless Shiny ID/SID combo, the only natures you can have together are Modest/Timid/Calm?

If I'm catching a Weezing in stark mountain (cave), and RNG Reporter says my frame is 1268, then I do (1266/2=) 633 journal flips then use sweet scent, right? I'm a little rusty :P

I wanted to RNG abuse for honey tree Pokemon but it didn´t seem to work as normal method j Pokemon. Is there anything different? E.g. what is the frame of Honey tree Pokemon or are there any differences in general?
Can I find a Honey tree guide here on smogon?

I wanted to RNG abuse for honey tree Pokemon but it didn´t seem to work as normal method j Pokemon. Is there anything different? E.g. what is the frame of Honey tree Pokemon or are there any differences in general?
Can I find a Honey tree guide here on smogon?
I'm not entirely sure what designates which pokemon appears on the tree, but once its there it stays, so save in front of the tree, encounter it to find out what you have, then you can find a spread and encounter it as if it was any other stationary Method J pokemon/legend

Hmm... What other possible natures are there if I have a Shiny Spread for Timid Nature, 31/22/30/31/31/31? (Because I think the same spread will appear with two natures - or am I wrong?)

Because If you have quint flawless Shiny ID/SID combo, the only natures you can have together are Modest/Timid/Calm?
Code:
1393432865F c6f4bbca (LONELY, ability 0) 31/22/30/31/31/31 (Seed: 221504f7 Frame: 240) HP ICE 70 !!!
3540916513F 46f43bca (TIMID, ability 0) 31/22/30/31/31/31 (Seed: a21504f7 Frame: 240) HP ICE 70 !!!

-Poke Radar Abuse-
~Calculations for journal flip

Target frame - Actual frame - Steps advancement - Radar advancement - 6

If this number is odd, you have to do an extra turn while walking to your patch. If even, divide by 2 for the amount of journal flips.

The -6 is from 5 for battling and 1 for the monster frame.

After performing your journal flips, walk to the patch and hopefully it should be your target pokemon with the target frame. There are many things that can go wrong. You can get the random advancement. You can reach the 128 step counter and thus advance the steps counter. It may be better to bring 3 pokes, because once you catch the radar pokemon, that would be 4 advancements from the step counter and thus can still hit your target spread.
I have a question about radar abuse.

Especially the calculating bit.
Okay. So I just go into the game, first radar is a Togepi (which is what I wanted). I check nature/ability/ivs and I land on frame 10, actual frame 83.
My target frame is 3831.
I walk to another patch, just before i walk into a moving patch I'm on 7 advancements, so when I move into the patch the advancements are in total 8 since that's all I need? (Correct?)

I then proceed to
3831 - 83.
3748 - 8
3740 - 6
3734. I then devide this by 2 to get 1867 journal flips.

For some reason I overshot by 13. I battled all 6 trainers around the area so I don't think it's the NPCs advancements.
Anything else I might've done wrong? Thanks

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Okay. So I just go into the game, first radar is a Togepi (which is what I wanted). I check nature/ability/ivs and I land on frame 10, actual frame 83.
My target frame is 3831.
I walk to another patch, just before i walk into a moving patch I'm on 7 advancements, so when I move into the patch the advancements are in total 8 since that's all I need? (Correct?)

I then proceed to
3831 - 83.
3748 - 8
3740 - 6

For some reason I overshot by 13. I battled all 6 trainers around the area so I don't think it's the NPCs advancements.
it looks like you missed the radar advancement bit in your calculations so you have to count the number of patches that shake and the article tells you by how much they advance the frames. And even with that the maximum number of frames you would be off by is 3 so you probably triggered the random advancements that come from just taking a step forward which can occasionally advance frames by 2.

it looks like you missed the radar advancement bit in your calculations so you have to count the number of patches that shake and the article tells you by how much they advance the frames. And even with that the maximum number of frames you would be off by is 3 so you probably triggered the random advancements that come from just taking a step forward which can occasionally advance frames by 2.
^^ This, the togepi patch is so huge I'm assuming you would have had 4 patches shake which was 10 advancements, how many pokemon are in your party, if you were unlucky you might have triggered the 128 steps advance that increases by the number of pokemon in your party. If you have 3, 10+3 is the 13 your missing. Alternatively, 3 patches shaking with 5 in your party is also 13 frames.

In any case, just repeat what you did last time exactly, with the exception of 6 less page flips, and make 1 extra turn on your way to the patch.

Ahh. So after I encounter a pokemon and capture it, 4 patches show up. I take 10 advancements away. Correct?

Also, another question. Sweet scent reflects the encounter slots when Radar abusing to right? So I can just search for a slot 6,7,10 or 11 frame, get that frame and get a Togepi?

I tried a different spread here's what happened.
3 patches showed up so +6
On a spread I see its encounter slot 6 on frame 12.
So I walk 3 steps (just before the patch).
I flip my journal once. I walk into the patch which should land me on frame 12.
I ended up on frame 10 (encounter slot 1) but I still got my target pokemon Togepi?

EDIT: @ Newts, I had 5 pokemon after I caught my Togepi, I had 4 to start with. I didn't have the 128 advancement because I didn't move more than 20 steps in total for that abuse, also I'm using a different spread because I hate doing 1867 flips. >.<

Ahh. So after I encounter a pokemon and capture it, 4 patches show up. I take 10 advancements away. Correct?

Also, another question. Sweet scent reflects the encounter slots when Radar abusing to right? So I can just search for a slot 6,7,10 or 11 frame, get that frame and get a Togepi?

I tried a different spread here's what happened.
3 patches showed up so +6
On a spread I see its encounter slot 6 on frame 12.
So I walk 3 steps (just before the patch).
I flip my journal once. I walk into the patch which should land me on frame 12.
I ended up on frame 10 (encounter slot 1) but I still got my target pokemon Togepi?

EDIT: @ Newts, I had 5 pokemon after I caught my Togepi, I had 4 to start with. I didn't have the 128 advancement because I didn't move more than 20 steps in total for that abuse, also I'm using a different spread because I hate doing 1867 flips. >.<
Encounter slots are irrelevant when using this method for radar abuse. And yes you could have triggered the 128 steps because the counter is hidden and doesn't reset when you save, so if you were unlucky you might have saved on something like 126....

And 3 patches shaking = 8 advancements

My target frame is 3831.

I then proceed to
3831 - 83.
3748 - 8
3740 - 6

notice that when you make a step, you should make a turn as well, as sometimes doing only the step may still advance your frame by 2 (whereas you would expect it to advance by 1)

also, with actual frame, i think the frame you are on should be used, which is in this case frame 10. not the actual frame mentioned in rng reporter.

also, with actual frame, i think the frame you are on should be used, which is in this case frame 10. not the actual frame mentioned in rng reporter.
Sorry this is incorrect, when abusing the radar you do actually use the 'actual frame' for your calculations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)