Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

And can you see what program is running in the radio?

I don't need to know in which frame I am. I just need to know in which frame I started, and how many times I've tuned/detuned. If I reach the frame I needed, and got my shiny poke, then that means I'm right.

And look, I got it! All those times: Snorlax, Entei, Ho-oh, Ho-oh again, Sudowoodo, Poliwag, Magikarp, Geodude, Ratatta, Pidgey, Bellsprout...

Right, i must be wrong and the frame advance is really inconsistent, because someone who can't do it tells me so.
Oh that's right claim I cant doit just because I find it to be inconsistent. I know what I saw.

Ok, here's what you should do: come here with proof of your claim. I have proof of mine. I know that, it doesn't even matter the seed, if you are RNG abusing the radio on a given day of the week (I've tried 2010 2 14 at least 10 times so far), at 10AM, in Johto, and start with the radio on the center (detuned), each time you use the bottom right station and detune again your frame will advance by 1.

As proof, I have all those pokes I said about in my last post.

What about you? What do you have as a proof? It's your chance to actually be useful, and do something for the community. Go there, and refute what I just said, with proofs, please. Thank you.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Mingot feel free to delete this if it's out of place but i too have followed romstar's guide and gotten inconsistent advancements. if you like i could post my notes.

Quick question about RNG abusing wild Pokemon in DPPt: I know how to get to the target IVs, but how do you ensure that you're capturing the intended Pokemon with Sweet Scent? Do I just get to the correct time/frame/delay and keep resetting until the spread I want lands on a Ditto?

I've RNG'd eggs and legendaries, but I keep over-reading the wild Pokemon guide and I'm confusing myself.

Quick question about RNG abusing wild Pokemon in DPPt: I know how to get to the target IVs, but how do you ensure that you're capturing the intended Pokemon with Sweet Scent? Do I just get to the correct time/frame/delay and keep resetting until the spread I want lands on a Ditto?

I've RNG'd eggs and legendaries, but I keep over-reading the wild Pokemon guide and I'm confusing myself.
You have to use Encounter Slots
Each frame has an Encounter Slot just right click on it and click generate encounter slots and it will show them. Find the Frame that matches the Encounter Slot of the Pokemon you want. You can find the Pokemon Encounter Slots when you right click on it there should be links to w.e game you have (Plat and DP)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
mattj: Keep in mind I did these mapping with a japanese HG/SS.
So it maybe different in the US version after all...
I'm pretty sure mattj did his tests in the Japanese version as well. I also did tests with the radio and got inconsistent results:

I'm getting some inconsistent results with the radio so far.

I'm starting on frame 3 (two runners out), and the radio is preset to start on the bottom-right station.

Click the top-left station: frame 4
Click the top-left station, then click bottom-right: frame 5
Click the top-left station, then click bottom-right, then click top-left: frame 3
Click the top-left station, then click bottom-right, then click top-left: frame 4
After checking my original Silver (which HOLY SHIT still works, most people's internal battery died three years ago), I rediscovered that some of the radio programs change depending on the day of the week. So, for consistency, people should also record that when testing the radio. I think it's the bottom-right station that does.

Some of the programs choose Pokemon and phrases at random, which is probably why the RNG advances. It also might mean that the RNG will keep advancing if you leave a station playing.

EDIT: Yeah, I just turned on the radio without clicking anything, and I let the song finish playing. The RNG advanced 3 frames without any other intervention.

Moreover, the radio script doesn't restart if you change stations. It will start where it left off before you switched stations. I think this pretty much shoots down flipping through stations as a controllable method for RNG advancement. I *could* figure out how far the RNG advances through one playthrough of a song, but that's so time-consuming you might as well keep 5 Pokemon in your party and walk 17152 steps to advance the frame by 670 or whatever.

I'll look into talking to your Pokemon next.
Also in recent testing with an emulator I got consistent results: one advance per radio de-tune.

Yeah, but it's just as I've said: you need to find one day of the week it works, and take note of it.

I've been using sunday, from 10AM to 11AM, and never once it failed on me.

But I also need to see if the radio stations change from Johto to Kanto. I guess they do.

As you might've noticed my mapping works only for Monday.
As there was a lag of interest I never went any further.
So if you tried different days than Monday the results might've been different.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't understand this part of wichu's poke rng seed finder.
After inputting the criteria for the spreads, it will start searching through the range specified. The results will be output to the Spreads.txt and Spreads.csv files, which will appear in the same folder as the program. Have a look through these files to find a suitable spread.
You shouldn't run the program multiple times at once, as starting a search erases the contents of the Spreads file. If you want to search using different criteria at the same time, you should copy the program to a different folder.
If you want to keep your results after running the program, simply rename the output file, and the program will create a new one when it is run again.
after it searches i don't know how to look at the seeds after it says done and asks for the next nature.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I don't understand this part of wichu's poke rng seed finder. after it searches i don't know how to look at the seeds after it says done and asks for the next nature.
lol I had that same problem at first.

Go to whatever folder PokeRNG is in and there should be two new files, an excell spreadsheet and a Notepad CSV file both should be named something like "Spreads". Just open either one and all the results will be listed in there.

Oh, and Romstar, I'll shoot you those notes later. GTG for now. :/

Oh, but just to ask, are you "sure" about the walking in and out of Ogre/Don/Quaza's cave advancing by 1 each time? When you walk "out" of the room they're in, you'retechnically stepping into a wild patch. When you turn around that "should" advance the frame. However, (nd again, I can post any info if people want it) I've always gotten very inconsistent advancements with turning in place/walking in wild patches with repels on. I've gotten anywhere from 0 advancements to 4.

I need help RNGing in my Heart Gold... Which program do I download? And where can I find a guide? Please note, I only ever learned how to determine seeds for shiny eggs in Platinum, so I'll need a guide that won't assume I know how to get perfect pokemon, walking into Heart Gold.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I need help RNGing in my Heart Gold... Which program do I download? And where can I find a guide? Please note, I only ever learned how to determine seeds for shiny eggs in Platinum, so I'll need a guide that won't assume I know how to get perfect pokemon, walking into Heart Gold.
ok this has been asked too often so I'll put this in large text,

THERE IS NO GUIDE FOR HG/SS RNG WRITTEN ATM!!

Well as the building where you get your starter doesn't have any moving NPCs, I guess I should test and see if I get the same frame every time, then just use that frame when searching for shinies?

No, in HG there is the assistant beside the book shelves. I remeber seeing him there since I considered abusing mine, but I didn't want to wait lol.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Attempting to RNG a Shiny Starter in Heart Gold, is 128 steps the only way to increase the RNG?
I don't recommend this unless you're trying it on an emulator with save states, allowing you to see the current state of the RNG. I had a hassle trying this even with save states.

I had to keep restarting a save state because the RNG advanced beyond my target frame a split-second after it reached the target. I had to step inside the building at exactly the right moment. You're not going to figure out the right moment trying with an actual cartridge.

No, in HG there is the assistant beside the book shelves. I remeber seeing him there since I considered abusing mine, but I didn't want to wait lol.
He doesn't move.

He doesn't seem to move though until you go to leave the lab- does he not increase the RNG then?

EDIT:

I'm using a CycloDS Evolution so I can use the IV Check code. Another question: do I use Method K (for HG) or Method J (because it's a starter)?

So the RNG still works on HGSS? I haven't been on the down low with this yet but I can do it in DPP. Does it still work the same way?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
He doesn't seem to move though until you go to leave the lab- does he not increase the RNG then?
As I said, he doesn't advance the RNG.

I'm using a CycloDS Evolution so I can use the IV Check code. Another question: do I use Method K (for HG) or Method J (because it's a starter)?
Use Method 1. Both K and J only apply to non-roaming encounters, and J is what DPPt uses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)