Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
And again, the IV spread does not match.

SEED: 6b110337
DATE: 2010 04 23
TIME: 17:02:13
DELAY: 813
FRAME: 20
SPREAD: A/31/B/31/31/B

14-15/28-31/12-15/31/31/0,2. Same parents as before.

Yes, I did capture something to confirm.

Again, another thing I notice is that non-inherited IVs are correct (or in Atk's case, highly possible).
well if you missed check on what frame the egg was actually produced on just input the seed you found into RNG reporter's main window and select Breeding HG/SS and click generate and a list of spreads will appear so find which one corresponds to your hatched pokemon.

well if you missed check on what frame the egg was actually produced on just input the seed you found into RNG reporter's main window and select Breeding HG/SS and click generate and a list of spreads will appear so find which one corresponds to your hatched pokemon.
Are you positive your parents are what they are?

When RNGing for egg IVs in HG/SS, is the frame calibration step from D/P/Pt not necessary since there is only one wandering NPC? Is it basically like RNGing for a WonderCard in a mart with only one wandering NPC, where if you're quick enough, you'll get frame 1 almost every single time?

I found the following egg IV spread.

Seed:121301FE
Date: 2010-04-04
Time: 19:02:00
Delay: 500
Frame: 6
IV spread: HP:A Atk:A Def:31 SpA:26 SpD:A Spd:31

To make sure I've understood this, I need to set my DS date to April 4, 2010 correct? Then set my DS date to my synchronize time of 19:01:00. Then create my reset time by taking the number of seconds it takes me to get past the launch screen and into the game and subtracting it from my target time of 19:02:00, if it took me 15 seconds to spam-A into the game my reset time woulld be 19:01:45.

I then take the parents I would want from my PC and hold them in my party and save infront of the day-care lady, resetting when my external clock hit 19:01:45. after spamming into the game, I would be starting at frame 1 in a calm area, and then opening up my pokegear and calling Elm 5 times so I would hit frame 6, then deposit my parents, and ride my bike until the day-care man had an egg. I would then save my game, collect my egg, hatch it (assuming it got the correct nature, would rather reset for nature than IVs), stick it into the daycare for 12 or so levels, verify it's IVs with metalkid's calc, and then if it matched with the IVs given by my seed, go about my merry way, correct?

also, is there any suggestions or ways to improve accuracy when hitting your target delay? I am having trouble hitting it on the head.

I need some serious help. I've been RNGing Ho-oh since Saturday and i've made no progress. I'm hoping someone can PM me to help me because I just want to finish my VGC team already and none of my team is finished. if someone could PM me to help me, I would very greatly appreciate it. This was hopefully going to be first RNG ever but right now it seems like I'll never be able to RNG anything...

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just got the IVs of the baby Pokemon:
15 / 31 / 14 / 31 / 31 / 0

So I'm wondering what I hit. (see past posts for more info)

EDIT: Looks like frame 57555.
can i have your seed I'd like to check this out myself
EDIT: I got frame 44803

Alright, I have 2 questions when it comes to RNG in platinum:

1: I have a flawless ditto. If I breed him with my other parent, will the baby have those flawless IVs as well?

2: Where is a good place to catch lv 50 or higher pokemon? I don't have an AR to check IVs so I would find my seed through stats. I was thinking a good place would be Stark Mountain but I don't know.

1: I have a flawless ditto. If I breed him with my other parent, will the baby have those flawless IVs as well?

2: Where is a good place to catch lv 50 or higher pokemon? I don't have an AR to check IVs so I would find my seed through stats. I was thinking a good place would be Stark Mountain but I don't know.
When you look for a spread it will give you numbers and letters like this for an example.

A/B/31/14/B/A

A is the first parent you put in.
B is the second.

So if parent A has a flawless iv in HP and SPE you get those inherited. Same with B.

Survival Area is a good place to check for your seed.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant

it could but its not going to get all of its IVs at most it can inherit 3 from the parent the remainder are generated at random so you have to find a spread that gives ditto IVs to the baby and generates the rest as flawless if thats what you want.
2: Where is a good place to catch lv 50 or higher pokemon? I don't have an AR to check IVs so I would find my seed through stats. I was thinking a good place would be Stark Mountain but I don't know.You can fish magikarp in a pond in the resort area the magikarp can come at level 50 or higher at times.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Oh, sorry. I forgot to say that I chose a different spread/seed.

EDIT:

Code:
SEED: 6b110337
DATE: 2010 04 23
TIME: 17:02:13
DELAY: 813
FRAME: 20
SPREAD: A/31/B/31/31/B
so how did you advance the frames to get to a frame of 20, did you use the radio, call elm?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
I used the Elm method to confirm my Seed and to advance. Called him and got these results like the Seed verifier said:

Code:
 2: PKRS~       38c380de
 3: PKRS~       c635e2f9
 4: Evolution~ 95afe278
 5: Evolution~ f3b45d8b
 6: Kanto~  5cce8ea2
 7: PKRS~       e6b4776d
 8: Kanto~  42886fdc
 9: PKRS~       4655091f
 10: Kanto~  c7f6b4a6
11: Kanto~  2d79df21
12: Kanto~  73666f80
13: Evolution~ 1596d9f3
14: PKRS~       6c9536ea
15: Evolution~ 95400e15
16: Evolution~ 49cec564
17: Evolution~ 7c86e407
18: Evolution~ 4353996e
19: PKRS~       bc6c3849
20: Kanto~  44b09588
hmmm then I'm stumped I've heard of HG/SS breeding being wierd in this regard that sometimes it just skips frames but this is too bizarre so if you want you can try this seed, some people have had success with it seed: D2080210, B/31/31/B/B/31 Delay 518 (yeah its small pretty much what you'd hit by button mashing) and the frame for the spread is 7. So if you want you can try this one and sorry I couldn't be of more help hopefully someone can help you understand why you got that ridiculous frame.

I need some serious help. I've been RNGing Ho-oh since Saturday and i've made no progress. I'm hoping someone can PM me to help me because I just want to finish my VGC team already and none of my team is finished. if someone could PM me to help me, I would very greatly appreciate it. This was hopefully going to be first RNG ever but right now it seems like I'll never be able to RNG anything...

hey guys... just a quick question... when I use Sweet Scent in HG/SS and I find out the the "actual frame" I add 6 to that and continue advancing the RNG from there correct? because for some reason... it appreas I'm two off.... I have been aiming for frame 385... so I try to hit 384 +1 for Ho-oh and for some reason... I either hit frame 383 or 387... and I am UTTERLY lost.... thanks guys... (the seed is 9C0701F3) thanks again

Dont if this worthy of being notice but this solve my question for a long time ago.
Jumping on or off a bike, in a area with no wild pkmn, in Dppt, doesn't add any addition advancement beside the 128 steps= 1xparty pokemons frame advance

Edit
I also hop on and off the bike several time and it didnt affect my advancement

Hello im having problems getting my spread of b/31/31/a/b/19 and i have a question Does the buneary running around in the game advance the Frame?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)