Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hello, (player name)?
There are so many different ways that Pokémon evolve, aren't there?!
Some Pokémon don't even evolve until they meet certain conditions first!
Click!

Hello, (player name)?
I expect that there are some Pokémon in the Kanto region that I don't know.
There are probably also methods of evolution that I'm not familiar with yet.
I should use that persepective and discover what I can!
Click!

Hello, (player name)?
It seems that Pokémon that have been infected with Pokérus level up better.
We're not quite sure why...
Click!

I don't speak Japanese, so I don't know if this is what he says or just information about what he says:

It's known (from the articles on Smogon, and the first few posts) that when continuing a game, the RNG and IRNG are both seeded at the moment you choose "continue", and that when starting a new game, the IRNG is seeded at the moment the TV cutscene ends. My question is, when starting a new game, is the "ordinary" RNG also seeded to the same value as the IRNG? My guess is yes, but it's rather hard to check (the easiest way would be by measuring the delay and then IV-checking your starter, but that's rather tricky to do until much later in the game). This is kind-of important if the two do have the same seed, as it would allow an (unreliable) method of deducing a person's SID without needing any pre-existing shiny Pokémon at all.

You DO know that you can already ABUSE the ID/SID at the beginning of the game, and that RNG Reporter already has a way to find the SID using only the ID and the game start time (to the seconds), right?

Hello, (player name)?
There are so many different ways that Pokémon evolve, aren't there?!
Some Pokémon don't even evolve until they meet certain conditions first!
Click!

Hello, (player name)?
I expect that there are some Pokémon in the Kanto region that I don't know.
There are probably also methods of evolution that I'm not familiar with yet.
I should use that persepective and discover what I can!
Click!

Hello, (player name)?
It seems that Pokémon that have been infected with Pokérus level up better.
We're not quite sure why...
Click!

I don't speak Japanese, so I don't know if this is what he says or just information about what he says:

Then why don't you use the English Version?

When RNGing using the Shiny Egg finder method, where is the best place to save to make sure NPCs and running pokemon(in the daycare fenced off area) don't advance it by accident?

They do not? Hmm, alright, I was wondering, because I hit my delay and checked my initial seed and it was correct with the coin flips, then i did my flips and double taps, then I ran in, put the parents in correct order for the IV soft resetting, and the egg came out non-shiny and not the right nature. Anything else I could have done wrong? such as taking too many steps to get to the daycare?

Nothing advances the egg seed besides flips and taps. So, you probably miscounted, or just left the Happyness App open when you've entered the daycare to deposit the parents.

They do not? Hmm, alright, I was wondering, because I hit my delay and checked my initial seed and it was correct with the coin flips, then i did my flips and double taps, then I ran in, put the parents in correct order for the IV soft resetting, and the egg came out non-shiny and not the right nature. Anything else I could have done wrong? such as taking too many steps to get to the daycare?
You dont have to worry about your frame AT ALL. Such as walking/ catching something/ anything that advances the RNG, shinies use the IRNG which is advanced by coin flipping, tapping the happiness checker, and generating an egg.
There are a few things that couldve gone wrong
Did you do any of this in an area with a weather affect?
Did you go to the happiness checker more then once?
You obviously couldve messed up taps/flips
Did you have 6 pokemon in your party doing the taps/flips?
Did you leave the happiness checker on?
EDIT: Nevermind you figured out your problem...

I guess I see where I went wrong... so unfortunate since it took me so long to hit the seed lol, well, Thank you to all who helped. Also, should I just switch to the next app on the poketech right before I walk in?

I guess I see where I went wrong... so unfortunate since it took me so long to hit the seed lol, well, Thank you to all who helped. Also, should I just switch to the next app on the poketech right before I walk in?
I personally check to see if I hit my seed inside the daycare =/
And yes as long as you only go to the happiness checker ONCE you should be fine
So check to see if you hit your delay by doing 10 verification coin flips
Once you got the correct flips go to the happiness checker, do the required taps, flip back to the coin flip app and do the rest of the required coin flips

Hello, I am trying to advance frames in the top of the tower bell and in a flat but lower and there is not way to advance the frames neither with the radio neither with the telephone. Because it wanted to use the rng with Ho-Oh.

It wanted to advance it 68 frames in a fast way and precise. I hope they can help me.

In Spanish:
Hola, estoy intentando avanzar frames en la cima de la torre campana y en un piso mas inferior y no hay manera de adelantar los frames ni con la radio ni con el teléfono.
Porque quisiera usar el rng con Ho-oh.

Quisiera avanzarlo 68 frames de manera rápida y precisa.
Ojalá me puedan ayudar.

Hello, I am trying to advance frames in the top of the tower bell and in a flat but lower and there is not way to advance the frames neither with the radio neither with the telephone. Because it wanted to use the rng with Ho-Oh.

It wanted to advance it 68 frames in a fast way and precise. I hope they can help me.

In Spanish:
Hola, estoy intentando avanzar frames en la cima de la torre campana y en un piso mas inferior y no hay manera de adelantar los frames ni con la radio ni con el teléfono.
Porque quisiera usar el rng con Ho-oh.

Quisiera avanzarlo 68 frames de manera rápida y precisa.
Ojalá me puedan ayudar.
The telephone should work at the top of Tin Tower; though, if it's before you get to Kanto, you won't be able to call Elm. 'Phonecalls to Joey should advance it by 2 so long as he isn't seeking a rematch.

The easiest way is to walk 128 steps, though. If you walk 128 steps then the frames will advance by the number of Pokémon in your party; so if you have 6 Pokémon in your party, 128 steps advances it by 6. To advance 68 frames you could walk 128 steps 11 times and 'phone Joey once; or you could bring four Pokémon in your party and walk 128 steps 17 times.

My problem is that each time that call to the youngster joey wants a revenge and that that each time that asks I fight it me against him, but upon calling again passes the same thing.

And on calling to Elm, had functioned me advancing the frame with sdowodo and had not had problem.

In Spanish:
Mi problema es que cada vez que llamo al youngster joey quiere una revancha y eso que cada vez que me la pide lucho contra él, pero al volverlo a llamar pasa lo mismo.

Y sobre llamar a Elm, me había funcionado avanzando la frame con sdowodo y no había tenido problema.

Alright guys, I followed your advice, and I have no idea what I could have done wrong... I only missed the shiny part, got the right nature. Maybe I should just skip trying to do it using my delay... What are your thoughts? Shiny Egg Finder, or Use a seed then do the 100 taps required?

Just a quick question about hatching Shinys. Is there anyway to reduce the amount of happiness checker taps. For the ability and nature I want Its always 2000+ in taps.

Is there anyways to get a lower amount of taps needed?
Thanks.

Using parents of two different language games will reduce the needed taps by a quarter on average.

Or you can use the method of attempting to hit your seed manually rather than use whichever seed you randomly have, which will have a lot fewer taps and flips.

I'm already using International mode. As far as choosing your seed manually. Do I just use RNG reporter to search for a suitable seed and try to hit it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)