Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

No and RNGing doesn't too.

Calibration is a process which is out of date.
Now seeing that the average delays and seconds are now common knowledge it is out of date, but when you just begin it isn't completely unhelpful.

I personally think that when you begin finding out your average delay and whether it is odd or even, 13, 14 or 15 seconds to get in game, is quite helpful.

After you're used to RNG you just need Pikatimer as you know the rest and should have no trouble.

Now seeing that the average delays and seconds are now common knowledge it is out of date, but when you just begin it isn't completely unhelpful.

I personally think that when you begin finding out your average delay and whether it is odd or even, 13, 14 or 15 seconds to get in game, is quite helpful.

After you're used to RNG you just need Pikatimer as you know the rest and should have no trouble.
No, it's not, as with pikatimer you can manipulate even the seconds result, and the delay. As for the frame, in HGSS you can advance the frame checking exactly where you are too, as long as you went to Kanto already, so...

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
hmm, I guess im doing something wrong with pikatimer as im getting well below the 652 delay im trying to hit, I usually end up getting 595 or something similar like that
even though in my mind im doing everything right.

press ds to start up game on timer 1 end
and press the A button to continue when timer 2 ends, why do I still get delays substantially lower then what I am aiming for?

Can anyone list the steps necessary to hatch perfect IV Pokemon in HGSS? I already have the nature and ability of the Pokemon I want, but I still don't understand how to advance the frame to the target egg.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can anyone list the steps necessary to hatch perfect IV Pokemon in HGSS? I already have the nature and ability of the Pokemon I want, but I still don't understand how to advance the frame to the target egg.
its listed in the second post of this topic
"Unlike DPPt, HGSS does not have the benefit of coin flips and happiness taps, which were used to skip through eggs until one of the desired nature and\or shininess is found. In HGSS, eggs must be received\rejected from the Day-Care Man one at a time until the desired egg is reached. RNG Reporter (link in signature) has an option to search for very low egg PID frames, making it possible to find a shiny egg on the very first."

I want to RNG a Snover, would you guys recommend breeding one, or catching one. I know how to RNG breed and how to RNG for at least stationary legends and roaming legends, but when it comes to catching wild pokemon in the grass, how would you do that, is that even possible as not much is mentioned in the RNG guide? (Unless i missed something)

Do i use something like sweet scent?

its listed in the second post of this topic
"Unlike DPPt, HGSS does not have the benefit of coin flips and happiness taps, which were used to skip through eggs until one of the desired nature and\or shininess is found. In HGSS, eggs must be received\rejected from the Day-Care Man one at a time until the desired egg is reached. RNG Reporter (link in signature) has an option to search for very low egg PID frames, making it possible to find a shiny egg on the very first."
Sorry about that, I meant target frame for the egg with the correct IVs. I've read a lot about some calls being skipped while others said that the calls have to line up to verify your seed. I'm confused.

I just got 2 shiny spreads that I like on the same see with very low frames. Is there a way to get both of the shiny eggs??
Sassy on 548
Quiet on 1242

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry about that, I meant target frame for the egg with the correct IVs. I've read a lot about some calls being skipped while others said that the calls have to line up to verify your seed. I'm confused.
oops, well for that you can use elm calls, details about that are on the third post of this thread, also you can detune the radio, but elm calls are usually better since you can keep track of what frame your on.

Eiganjo

Sweet Scent advances by 1 whenever you're on a bike, but having a Pokemon follow you seems to make this advance inconsistent.
this is what I found in the rng post of omegadonut, but sweet scenting in grass still advances the frame by 2, as it did in DPPt, since I got my 671 frame as opposed to the 670 frame i was going for, to bad, but thought id clarify this if it hasnt already

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
this is what I found in the rng post of omegadonut, but sweet scenting in grass still advances the frame by 2, as it did in DPPt, since I got my 671 frame as opposed to the 670 frame i was going for, to bad, but thought id clarify this if it hasnt already
actually that post is correct its just a matter of interpreting it. According to the first post:
- Sweet Scenting in the grass / caves advance the RNG by 1 seed. This does not include the calls to generate the monster or the effects of battle.

So that's what omegadonut's post means that sweetscenting advances the frame by 1 and the other 1 advancement comes from generating the pokemon itself for a total of 2. In HG/SS, however, that advancement from sweetscenting varies depending on the pokemon following you if you have one.

after trying to open the pikatimer i got a message that said it could nto find the main class, and then exited the program. does anybody know how to fix this?

Eiganjo

yeah, but im always on my bike so I dont think the pokemon following me will be much of an issue :P
ah well, ill just use the sweet scent stuff from dppt and ill be fine once I hit my delay again :P

Yup.

It took me a long time to get used to the calibration phase (finally narrowed it down to a 620-624 range; 14 seconds).

Then i found the frame and picked a spread.

The best part was calibrating for my frame and finding the hatched results each time. Really sweet stuff. Awesome reverse-engineering, guys.

I am doing this in Diamond because i was a little confused as to finding your frame in HG/SS; should you always pick frames > 10 since calling Elm advances the frame?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)