Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

yes it will work even of the pokemon only has ability, and if the pokemon you want is in sendoff spring then you can fish there. If your just fishing to check your seed then you can just fly to the resort area and fish a magikarp (they come at high levels), as long as you don't wait too long to do it the NPC movements wouldn't have advanced the frames much and you can still check your seed. Note: the high level magikarp in the resort area only appear in Platinum not D/P
I actually wanted to fish for a Magikarp, but thanks for the info, that's what I wanted.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've found a couple of glitches with RNG Reporter.
In the seed finder, when you select "open", you get an option for filtering the window to display only delays under 10000, but it doesn't work properly - there are many seeds with <10000 delay that are filtered out, even though they shouldn't be.
Also, the function to search for a desired SID in Pandora's Box doesn't work.

Um... I don't really get the Delay, when I made my first RNG Pokemon, it worked, and second, and third and fourth, but when it came to fifth, the Pokemon's IVs is completely different, I don't really get the Delay, well, the Min/Max Delay too, can anyone please tell me what the delay does?? Thanks.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've found a couple of glitches with RNG Reporter.
In the seed finder, when you select "open", you get an option for filtering the window to display only delays under 10000, but it doesn't work properly - there are many seeds with <10000 delay that are filtered out, even though they shouldn't be.
Also, the function to search for a desired SID in Pandora's Box doesn't work.
Thanks, these are fixed locally, so they'll be fixed in the 8.30 release when that happens. In the future probably best to VM me, as I don't read every message in this thread.

I'm kinda having problems with regards to capturing high IV pokes. My seed is da170292, target frame is 790, encounter slot 1 so that means I'm aiming for an adamant rhyhorn at Victory Road 1F on my platinum. I hit my seed and delay(I checked with coin flip), so that's 790-2(sweet scent)-4(roaming pokemon) is 784/2 = 392 page flips. I caught a naive graveler instead. That's frame 832. Do I have to adjust the page flips? Kinda weird though cause I did the right thing.

Quick Question
when is Suicune IV are generate if I havent encountered it yet? RT 25 or 42?
Thanks in advance
When you battle it, i.e. Route 25 (or Burned Tower if you KO it at Route 25).
calls/radio advancements do not advance the IRNG, you have to accept or reject eggs to advance it so for example if your egg is on frame 6 accept or reject the first 5 then the 6th should have the nature/ability you want
Actually, calling certain people does advance the IRNG. Calling Youngster Joey when he doesn't want to rematch you (i.e. any time apart from Monday daytime) does the trick for me; I believe it works with any person who can rematch you. Each call advances it by 2.

When you battle it, i.e. Route 25 (or Burned Tower if you KO it at Route 25).

Actually, calling certain people does advance the IRNG. Calling Youngster Joey when he doesn't want to rematch you (i.e. any time apart from Monday daytime) does the trick for me; I believe it works with any person who can rematch you. Each call advances it by 2.
Please try it with Irwin, the Juggler at Route 30.
According to this and my assuming, calling irwin MIGHT advance the IRNG by +1.

When using PikaTimer, I don't need to be looking at an external clock, do I?

I just confirm the time change on the DS and hit 'Start' at the same time? Doesn't seem necessary to have both synced with an external clock...

Has there been any progress in controlling split/non-split spreads consistently in Emerald? I've hit 22884S like 5 times now while trying to get 22885 and it's starting to get a bit frustrating. :[

When using PikaTimer, I don't need to be looking at an external clock, do I?

I just confirm the time change on the DS and hit 'Start' at the same time? Doesn't seem necessary to have both synced with an external clock...
Well yeah, pikatimer IS the external clock, with the advantage of calculating for you the seconds (and deci/centiseconds) needed to reach a certain delay

Thank you everyone who helped me with my RNG problem on HGSS. I finally got the little bas---- wooper that I was trying to RNG for IVs.

Is it possible to use elm responses to find out what seed you're on if you DO NOT KNOW what seed you logged in on or your elm responses in game do not match the ones rngreporter says you should have for that seed? Trying to go from the Seed to Time option requires me to know what seed I entered the game on, so that didn't work.

Thank you everyone who helped me with my RNG problem on HGSS. I finally got the little bas---- wooper that I was trying to RNG for IVs.
Congratulations Chamommy! Took you long enough! I hope you don't take nearly as long next time, for everyone on this thread and for yourself!

Congratulations Chamommy! Took you long enough! I hope you don't take nearly as long next time, for everyone on this thread and for yourself!
Thanks. I'll try not to torture you all again (until I'm trying to learn RNG for capturing perfect pokes).

Is it possible to use elm responses to find out what seed you're on if you DO NOT KNOW what seed you logged in on or your elm responses in game do not match the ones rngreporter says you should have for that seed? Trying to go from the Seed to Time option requires me to know what seed I entered the game on, so that didn't work.
No, Seed to Time only needs a nearby seed. Like your target seed. Y'know, the one giving you those Elm responses you're not matching up with.

Oh, I was looking for breeding for shinies, btw.
Ok, I got 4 possible spreads to use... Considering I've never worked with a frame past 70, how hard would all of these be?

PID: e02e7cf6 (BOLD, ability 0) 30/30/29/26/29/25 (Seed: d106027f Frame: 4033) HP GRASS 42
PID: 6272feae (CALM, ability 0) 27/27/27/31/27/26 (Seed: 48050269 Frame: 2513) HP ICE 70
PID: cd6b51b4 (CAREFUL, ability 0) 31/28/26/26/25/30 (Seed: f106026f Frame: 3626) HP STEEL 48
PID: 4191dd48 (IMPISH, ability 0) 26/30/31/29/28/25 (Seed: 5f0102c9 Frame: 1090) HP GHOST 34

Oh, I was looking for breeding for shinies, btw.
Then why did you mention IV's if you trying to breed shinies? :P
If so then use the time finder's shiny egg tab, youll have to hit a certain delay for it though.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64925
Or you could use the old way and enter the game on a random seed and see what shiny egg PID's are on it...
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part1

Imo time finder is ALOT easier since you dont have to do like 1000 taps or something, and you dont have to keep ressetting intill you get the nature you want with low taps XD

Ok, I got 4 possible spreads to use... Considering I've never worked with a frame past 70, how hard would all of these be?

PID: e02e7cf6 (BOLD, ability 0) 30/30/29/26/29/25 (Seed: d106027f Frame: 4033) HP GRASS 42
PID: 6272feae (CALM, ability 0) 27/27/27/31/27/26 (Seed: 48050269 Frame: 2513) HP ICE 70
PID: cd6b51b4 (CAREFUL, ability 0) 31/28/26/26/25/30 (Seed: f106026f Frame: 3626) HP STEEL 48
PID: 4191dd48 (IMPISH, ability 0) 26/30/31/29/28/25 (Seed: 5f0102c9 Frame: 1090) HP GHOST 34
Not really hard at all :)
Exspecially the bolded one since its only 545 flips or so, or you could always see if they appear on a higher delay for lower frames.

Then why did you mention IV's if you trying to breed shinies? :P
If so then use the time finder's shiny egg tab, youll have to hit a certain delay for it though.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64925
Or you could use the old way and enter the game on a random seed and see what shiny egg PID's are on it...
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part1

Not really hard at all :)
Exspecially the bolded one since its only 545 flips or so, or you could always see if they appear on a higher delay for lower frames.
I thought even when breeding shinies can only exist in certain IV spreads. Was I mistaken?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)