Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me RNG abuse the following in US SoulSilver.

I'm aiming for a shiny dratini using this spread:
D: cb9785f6 (ADAMANT, ability 0) 31/31/30/30/25/31 (Seed: 07160218 Method 1: 559, J (synch): 552, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 556, K (no synch): None) HP GRASS 49
My ID is 41578 and my SID is 60424.
I saved with the roamers at R: 39 E: 36 L: 14.
To capture it I'm using Method J synch and going to the Dragon's Den and fishing with a super rod.

Right now I'm having trouble hitting the target time. My calibrations are:
Seconds 13, Delay 505
I'm aiming to hit it through Pikatimer:
2011 05 30 22:59:54 Delay:525
Which will give the verification:
Elm Responses for Seed: (P, P, E, K, K skipped) K, E, E, P, E, E, E, K, K, K
Roaming Pokemon Locations: R:31 E:31 L: 24 5 Frames advanced.

But I got (3 times in a row actually) R: 38 E: 35 L: 2. These consistently achieved results (as well as others) for verification are far enough away from the desired one that they aren't even in the RNG reporter's list of adjacent seeds. It tells me nothing found each time I'm putting the results into the specific searches even, and although I might be bad at hitting the target time I shouldn't be that drastically off. So I was wondering what's wrong.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Can someone please explain to me what the difference between a "seed" and a "seed (hex)" is? I logged into my game on seed 8C030326, which was supposed to give me a Jolly shiny on frame 1, but I got a Hardy non-shiny instead, and when I plugged the seed I got into the first pane of RNGReporter, it gave me a different set of elm responses than I had gotten from seed to time when I entered 8C030326 as my seed hex.
They're the same. "(hex)" is merely there for convenience to remind you to input the seed in hexadecimal. If I understand correctly, you believed that you hit your seed when loading the game because the Elm responses matched, but didn't get the spread you expected, and when you caught a Pokémon to verify your seed, it was totally different than what you believed you got?

They're the same. "(hex)" is merely there for convenience to remind you to input the seed in hexadecimal. If I understand correctly, you believed that you hit your seed when loading the game because the Elm responses matched, but didn't get the spread you expected, and when you caught a Pokémon to verify your seed, it was totally different than what you believed you got?

I didn't catch a pokemon to verify my seed, I verified with elm responses, but the egg that was supposed to hatch as a jolly, ability 0 shiny hatched as a hardy ability 0 non-shiny. The egg was frame 1, so I didn't need to reject any other eggs after verifying my 10 elm calls for the shiny.

other than that, yes.

I didn't catch a pokemon to verify my seed, I verified with elm responses, but the egg that was supposed to hatch as a jolly, ability 0 shiny hatched as a hardy ability 0 non-shiny. The egg was frame 1, so I didn't need to reject any other eggs after verifying my 10 elm calls for the shiny.

other than that, yes.
Did you take roamers into account when you verified your seed?

All right. I'm not sure what happened to your seed. I know incoming calls frig up my results, but I've never had an incoming call on a frame 1 egg.

Hey everyone, im new to the forums but im regular on serebii and nsider2.
I had some questions about rng, im a complete noob when it comes to it
could anyone upload a walkhrough on how to do it in Soul Silver?
could someone explain exactly how it works?
sorta like rng for dummies
i have been soft resetting and breeding for a shiny charmander for about a month and half
thanks
can anyone help me please?
i also dont know my sid, what is the easiest way to find it?
i want a shiny charmander, any nature is fine
can anyone explain to me how to do it?
i have rng reporter downloaded
anyone?
thanks

Do you hatch shiny eggs in HeartGold/SoulSilver the same way you would in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?

Like catching a high level wild Pokemon entering all the data and such.

Do you hatch shiny eggs in HeartGold/SoulSilver the same way you would in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?

Like catching a high level wild Pokemon entering all the data and such.
You need to use Time Finder for shiny eggs to get shinies in HGSS. You also need to understand how to use Elm responses. See the first few posts on this help thread for more info. I also have a Noob guide for hatching shinies on HG.

can anyone help me please?
i also dont know my sid, what is the easiest way to find it?
i want a shiny charmander, any nature is fine
can anyone explain to me how to do it?
i have rng reporter downloaded
anyone?
thanks
Read my noob guides. See sig.

You need to use Time Finder for shiny eggs to get shinies in HGSS. You also need to understand how to use Elm responses. See the first few posts on this help thread for more info. I also have a Noob guide for hatching shinies on HG.
wheres your noob guide?

EDIT: I found it

Mkay, I have 2 questions.
1. In HGSS, when you switch the radio to that one station that advances the RNG by 1 (forget what it's called), what exactly advances the RNG? Everytime you land on it, or everytime you get on it and also everytime you move off it? (This question is hard to word <_<)
2. Is anything known about GSC's RNG? I get the feelin that it should be really simple, but then again no one cares about metal generations anymore, so...

1. Everytime you land on it, but you're not already on it (so you must detune after each "tap")
There was a good method posted a few pages ago : tap, then press and hold "down" (the cross, with your left hand), it will point to the bottom and detune, then when it has reached the bottom, tap again, etc, its very fast

Just hatched my first ever RNG-abused egg.. a Shiny Ralts 8) didn't go for a specific nature or IVs yet, just picked the quickest one to see if I was doing it right. Pleased with myself (a) /spam

Chamommy: I read your guide to RNGing shinies on HGSS, and I would like some clarification on something. So calling Youngster Joey when he does not wish to battle (so any day not monday) will advance the internal RNG by two, similar to happiness taps and coin flips in DPPt?

Also, if I am breeding for IVs, it says the start frame is usually 3, but to hit higher you must open the pokegear and advance the frames manually. Do you advance manually starting from the assumed three, or does the RNG not advance when you talk to the daycare man?

Chamommy: I read your guide to RNGing shinies on HGSS, and I would like some clarification on something. So calling Youngster Joey when he does not wish to battle (so any day not monday) will advance the internal RNG by two, similar to happiness taps and coin flips in DPPt?
Yes, that's right, but be careful with that. When I used calls to Joey, I only checked my seed by roamers, not by Elm calls. I was already certain I was in the right seconds because of adjacents I'd hit previously and I was using Pikatimer. So when I hit my seed, I didn't bother with Elm calls. I don't know if using Elm calls will mess up calling Joey or not. I will check at some point. So use caution.

Also, if I am breeding for IVs, it says the start frame is usually 3, but to hit higher you must open the pokegear and advance the frames manually. Do you advance manually starting from the assumed three, or does the RNG not advance when you talk to the daycare man?
I can't help you with this yet because I'm still working out the bugs of it myself. Basically, you are calling Elm this time to advance your frame. Look at this post. It helped me when I had trouble. But like I said, I'm not ready to help anyone with Egg IVs on HGSS until after I write up a Noob guide.

i found it, it makes a little more sense to me now but i have no way to find my sid, could you do me a favor and find it for me?
I can't help you with this right now. I'm in the middle of doing RNG. Post a request on the simple requests thread.

Just to confirm before I rage-quit in trying to RNG an egg: When trying to confirm the seed whilst trying to advance the frame of the egg, will the Elm's calls start on the fourth response since the calibrated frame is usually 3? Or will it start with the first response in RNG Reporter?

Hey, having a problem; here it is:

RNGing for shiny Mesprit
Method 1
Frame 9
1. Emlooped
2. Turned IN PLACE 8 times, talked to Mesprit
3. Caught, not shiny, to check how far off delay was, etc.
4. Imagine my surprise when I'd hit my seed after all!
5. Checked IV's to check Frame
6. Found out I hit frame 5

I am absolutely confounded as to how I could have gotten that frame. Can anyone help me out?

NOTE: Shiny Giratina was in front of party both when talking to and capturing Mesprit.

Just to confirm before I rage-quit in trying to RNG an egg: When trying to confirm the seed whilst trying to advance the frame of the egg, will the Elm's calls start on the fourth response since the calibrated frame is usually 3? Or will it start with the first response in RNG Reporter?
If you have roamers, the results look like this:

(E,E,P skipped) E,E,E,E,P,P,P,E,E Roamers at R:31, E:31, L:15

Calls should start E,E,E,E,P... and continue. However, I have had as many as three skipped calls while doing one particular poke and the calls started E,P,P in that example. So do what Pehu said in the following post to see where you're at:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2674007&postcount=20639

If you don't have roamers, it should look like this (as compared to my example above):

E,E,E,E,P,P,P,E,E

And you should still be wary of skipped calls. Usually there are none. But on this one hellish pokemon, I had skipped calls constantly. So use the method Pehu laid out to verify your frame position while calling Elm.

Okay, two things...

In the opening posts, in terms of Sweet Scenting in HG/SS, it says...

When using Sweet Scent to advance the frame, your final frame will be the Method 1 frame of the Pokemon you catch (listed as "Actual" in RNG Reporter) + 6. Sweet Scent advances by 1 whenever you're on a bike, but having a Pokemon follow you seems to make this advance inconsistent.

I don't really get what this means... Does it mean that it's 7 on a bike and inconsistent when walking? Or that it's just 6? Or that it's 1? Also, just to clarify, if Sweet Scent were to advance the frame by 6, if my target frame was 100, would I need to advance the frame to 94 and then Sweet Scent?

Also, I played with RNG a little bit in Platinum, but I only used it for IV's and nature on legendaries, and I was going to try it in HG. Anyway, when you go up to Azelf or Uxie or the TV in the Old Chateau, you know what pokemon you are going to get. But if you are doing something like Sweet Scenting in the wild instead of an event pokemon, is the pokemon you encounter just randomly selected? So do you basically need to do all the RNG stuff, and then hope that you encounter the right pokemon?

RNGing for shiny Mesprit
Method 1
Frame 9
1. Emlooped

I am absolutely confounded as to how I could have gotten that frame. Can anyone help me out?

NOTE: Shiny Giratina was in front of party both when talking to and capturing Mesprit.
Turning around will not advance the frame in a place where there is no wild pokemon.

RNGing for shiny Mesprit
Method 1
Frame 9
1. Emlooped

Mesprit has a starting frame of 5. That's how you got it. As the previous poster said, there aren't any wild pokémon in Mesprit's cave, so turning in place does not advance the RNG. Instead, you'll need to do 2 journal flips, to a caught or defeated pokémon message, or walk 128 steps with 4 pokémon in your party, and then talk to Mesprit.

Hi, I'm currently trying to SR on Pokemon Emerald for a Shiny Torchic Starter on VBA. I've isolated a specific shiny spread for my ID/SID and found the frame that it's on, which is Frame: 9513953. And the frame that my save state is on is Frame: 4404. Is there a way for me to speed up the frame count because right now I have to wait around 2642 minutes to hit this frame...

Also, I know that there is a Frame Skip option on VBA but I don't know how to calculate the time I have to wait with respect to the Trottle Percentage and the numbers "0-9" you select. So, if anyone can tell me how to do this I would really appreciate it.

To basically make everything easier to read (Data is from RNG Reporter):

SRing for Shiny Torchic (save state is at the dialogue screen before you select "Yes" to start the battle with Zigzagoon)
Method 1
Desired Frame: 9513953
Time: 2642:45:88

Hi there. I'm just beganing to learn how to RNG. I'm about to calibrate and find my seconds and delay, but RNG reporter isn't working for me. After I calibrate, would anyone be willing to put the information into RNG reporter and tell me my seconds and delay? Thanks! (I will tell all my information after I find someone to help me)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)