Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I fail to see how this could help him...

Some guy said it was 5, but didn't prove anything so... you'd better try it by yourself

i tried it out myself
First time Charmander's frame was 9
Second time Charmander's frame was 5.
I assume that each seed has a set amount of frame advancements for each starter

I have an emergency question because I'm on my delay but I'm not sure when to stop my phone calls.

I'm trying to catch Ho-Oh. My target frame is 26. All three roamers are loose. How exactly do I calculate the phone calls to reach my target?

It is similar to the same equation. Target Frame - Monster Frame - # of Roamers = RNG Advancements

So it will be
26 - 1 - 3 = X
22 = X

You need to advance the frame 22 times. You should know how to do that I believe.

I have an emergency question because I'm on my delay but I'm not sure when to stop my phone calls.

I'm trying to catch Ho-Oh. My target frame is 26. All three roamers are loose. How exactly do I calculate the phone calls to reach my target?
Didn't Wichu or someone explain how to search Elm responses to you earlier? Roamers aren't completely consistent in HGSS, so what Human said isn't quite true (not to say it can't be, though, and if you already got your Ho-oh, then fantastic). In case you're still looking or haven't gotten it yet, you stop with the phone call on the frame just before your target--in other words, call until you get the response listed on frame 25, then stop.

Yes, I can do that. Thank you very much. :-)
I thought u can trace the phone call (literally)

what I do is spam the radio, then concatenate the phone call into one huge string, then type about 8-12 of the phone calls, then you can relocate where you are.
(This is the method I kind use when frames are high)

In your case, i'd dial 3 times (if you won't go over), to check where you are located.

Actually, I wasn't sure if we had to stop calling one frame in front of the target like for eggs or not, so thank you for the clarification, kiddo and Shadowhunter. I did have two fails because of this uncertainty. I'm trying again.

trace the call is your best bet, you will never lose where you are (unless you go over)

for something small I'd probably spam the radio about 19 times, then call 6 times so that I don't miss it.

for example

22 E
23 P
24 E
25 K
26 K

for example, once I see EPEK, I know I hit the right frame, and jackpot
(of course for ones in the hundreds or thousands you'll need more to verify)

Well, I used a combo of Joey and Elm, since the frame was so low. I got my poke. :-) Thanks for the help and I will definitely use the radio for higher frames.

Well, I used a combo of Joey and Elm, since the frame was so low. I got my poke. :-) Thanks for the help and I will definitely use the radio for higher frames.
yea, for higher frames in the thousands I use pokemon talk a lot then trace it back. Don't have to pay too much attention to my counting

I'm using the pikatimer to hit a higher delay I'm on the correct date and time and I'm trying to hit the countdown time the timer gives me as close as possible but my elm responses don't match and my delay range is 90 in both ways. Can anyone help?

Edit: I forgot that I only hit odd delays....

Actually, I wasn't sure if we had to stop calling one frame in front of the target like for eggs or not, so thank you for the clarification, kiddo and Shadowhunter. I did have two fails because of this uncertainty. I'm trying again.
Egg is different, you might be up to 3 frames off if you do this for an egg

I just started my HG (have battled my rival already) and I'm on the first town. I want to reset it so I can abuse my ID/SID. What do I need to do it other than my delay? Can I get my delay just from catching wild really low level pokes and then give them rare candies?

You go to Pandoras Box and input the TID you got and look for the TID SID combination there. That is how you'll find your delay.

Ok, in a very desperate way to find my SID since I don't have access to either Wi-FI or an AR, I tried something with Pandora's box.

I remember on what day/date I started my HG game so in the Seed Finder part of Pandora's box I put my trainer ID (64441), month : 4, day : 29, year : 2010, and I covered three hours : 17/18/19 since I can't remember perfectly which one it was but I'm 100% sure it was one of these three. As for the delay, I've covered a very large branch and put 5000 min 10000 max.

I tried different minutes to get different seed/delay/SID combinations, I noticed that they come back multiple times so in the end you get only ~5/6 SIDs for one hour with my input. (I only took even delays in the lists since that's what I always get)

So in the end I had ~15 SIDs to check, and in order to do this I've searched in the Time Finder of RNGReporter for seeds with a shiny on frame 2 with my ID trainer and one of the SIDs I had to check, then hit the seed to catch the pokemon on frame 2.

I repeated this process for each SID I had, and none on the pokemon I found were shiny, soooo how could this be ?
Did I misunderstand something about pandora's box ?
I am 100% sure my infos are correct, and that I hit the correct seeds (the pokemon had the correct nature and ivs but weren't shiny).

Sorry if this all was unclear I tried to explain what I did very deeply but well.. if anyone wants to help feel free to ask me precisions..
Thanks

Ok, in a very desperate way to find my SID since I don't have access to either Wi-FI or an AR, I tried something with Pandora's box.

I remember on what day/date I started my HG game so in the Seed Finder part of Pandora's box I put my trainer ID (64441), month : 4, day : 29, year : 2010, and I covered three hours : 17/18/19 since I can't remember perfectly which one it was but I'm 100% sure it was one of these three. As for the delay, I've covered a very large branch and put 5000 min 10000 max.

I tried different minutes to get different seed/delay/SID combinations, I noticed that they come back multiple times so in the end you get only ~5/6 SIDs for one hour with my input. (I only took even delays in the lists since that's what I always get)

So in the end I had ~15 SIDs to check, and in order to do this I've searched in the Time Finder of RNGReporter for seeds with a shiny on frame 2 with my ID trainer and one of the SIDs I had to check, then hit the seed to catch the pokemon on frame 2.

I repeated this process for each SID I had, and none on the pokemon I found were shiny, soooo how could this be ?
Did I misunderstand something about pandora's box ?
I am 100% sure my infos are correct, and that I hit the correct seeds (the pokemon had the correct nature and ivs but weren't shiny).

Sorry if this all was unclear I tried to explain what I did very deeply but well.. if anyone wants to help feel free to ask me precisions..
Thanks
You can go to the Simple Questions / Simple Requests thread and ask for someone to help you get your SID. You just trade a random pokemon and they can use an AR code of some kind to find it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)