Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Um... What do you do when the SR delay time and second delay are short? Because I input the delay of 501 into RNG Timer and it gave me 4.18 and 8.35... The 4.18 is okay, but I need at least 14-15 seconds after a soft reset and I'd only actually get about another 4... Am I totally missing something here?
You should not have gotten any single digit seconds.

What is the delay your aiming for?
What is your calibrated seconds?
What seconds are you aiming for?

edit and your calibrated delay?

You should not have gotten any single digit seconds.

What is the delay your aiming for?
What is your calibrated seconds?
What seconds are you aiming for?

Target Delay: 501
Calibration Seconds: 14
Target Seconds: 05 (Target time is 1:00:05).

Edit: If I got this right my calibrated elay is:

495-501 (Please tell me if I'm totally butchering something here...)

Sorry for all this trouble. I really wanna learn how to do all this but at the same time feel brain wants to implode from the confusion...

Calibrated Delay: 495
Syncronize time 00:59:00
-----------------------PIKATIMER RESULT----------------
First timer 50.90
Seconder timer 14.10

Calibrated Delay: 501
Syncronize time 00:59:00
-----------------------PIKATIMER RESULT----------------
First timer 51.00
Seconder timer 14.00

Still not seeing how you got those low digits :(

Im going to sleep now but I will advise you to use a odd calibrated delay since your target delay is odd.

Remember to SR when the first Timer hit 0.00 , and press A on the blue continue screen when the second timer reach 0.00

Simple question here, but I don't see the answer explicitly anywhere in the guides.

I'm breeding in HG. The day care guy already has the egg I want, so I'm RNGing for IVs now. The front page of this thread says the starting frame will typically be 3, if you grab the egg before the NPC moves. Now I have 2 roamers out. Will my starting frame be 5 minimum?

I ask because I just collected and hatched an egg, on the correct delay, under the impression I was on frame 5. But it appears that the IVs were set by frame 3 :/

Edit: Am I starting on frame 1, plus 2 roamers = frame 3?
If so, this sentence is kind of misleading:
In HGSS, there is only one NPC on that route to worry about, and as a result the starting frame is usually 3 and there is no need to calibrate.

How long does it take you to get from start to finish abusing a shiny breed in DPPt?
It takes me about 20 minutes, and I wanted to know if that's about average.

Quick question.

I'm trying to find my seed but the buttons at the bottom of the seed finder are cut off, it won't let me resize the window. Any fixes to this?

Ok, try right clicking the exe file and go on properties. Go to the tab for compatability (I may have wrote that wrong--I'm on a French language system) and then choose from the parametres to see if you can get the window size to change. If you find the screen size parametres are already turned on, try turning them off.

Ok, try right clicking the exe file and go on properties. Go to the tab for compatability (I may have wrote that wrong--I'm on a French language system) and then choose from the parametres to see if you can get the window size to change. If you find the screen size parametres are already turned on, try turning them off.
Ah, I did an accidental double click and that maximized the window; now I can see the buttons fine. Sorry for the trouble.

Well, time for another quick question:

To advance the rng by 1 in Pearl, all I have to do is simply look a different direction right? Like say I'm facing the right of the legendary I want to catch, I flip the journal pages until it's 1 frame before, then I click up to face him and initiate it, that should fulfill the requirements right?

Well, time for another quick question:

To advance the rng by 1 in Pearl, all I have to do is simply look a different direction right? Like say I'm facing the right of the legendary I want to catch, I flip the journal pages until it's 1 frame before, then I click up to face him and initiate it, that should fulfill the requirements right?
That won't work for legends, as turning will only advance the RNG if there are wild pokemon where you're standing. The only way to advance the frame an odd amount is to walk 128 steps with an odd amount of pokemon in your party as the frame will be increased by that number.

That won't work for legends, as turning will only advance the RNG if there are wild pokemon where you're standing. The only way to advance the frame an odd amount is to walk 128 steps with an odd amount of pokemon in your party as the frame will be increased by that number.
Well, it should work for this Pokemon, as there are wild ones in the area and I have repel on right? Or are there never any wild pokemon where a legend is located?

I've read over mingot's guide to DP and omega's Hs notes and even looked at bear's videos, but what kind of adjustments do I need to make in order to capture a good Lugia? (I play Soulsilver)

I can't make calls to Elm because I can't get to Kanto yet.

How long does it take you to get from start to finish abusing a shiny breed in DPPt?
It takes me about 20 minutes, and I wanted to know if that's about average.
In diamond It on a good run can take me 10 mins or less to RNG breed a shiny. If I dont take natures or IV's into account. I believe my fastest RNG was a shiny charmander in 5 or so minutes.
So correct me if im wrong here but RNG method is the same for catching as for breeding? So I catch high leveled pokemon. Plug its stats in the reporter and use that to determine my capture? Or in HGSS breeding purposes I would use elm calls rather then poketech taps and flips?
My last question is simply what method is Zapdos and the birds? K or J? Im trying for my first sucessful RNG in SS tonight or at least getting a full understanding of it.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So correct me if im wrong here but RNG method is the same for catching as for breeding? So I catch high leveled pokemon. Plug its stats in the reporter and use that to determine my capture? Or in HGSS breeding purposes I would use elm calls rather then poketech taps and flips?
My last question is simply what method is Zapdos and the birds? K or J? Im trying for my first sucessful RNG in SS tonight or at least getting a full understanding of it.
I suggest reading this http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part4
what you do for breeding won't works as well for catch if at all and for SS the birds are K nothing is method J in HG/SS. Additionally, stationary legends like zapdos and wild pokemon have their IVs/nature/shinyness etc... are produced by the LCRNG while the shinyness/nature/ability of bred pokemon is determined by the IRNG, elm calls advance frames in the LCRNG only so they are not the equivalent of poketch taps/flips which run on the IRNG.

I may, I would like to add information about the random generator in the IV inheritance processes in the new games:

If both parents hold a Power Bracer-like item:

* One call to the regular generator is made to determine which parent to inherit the first IV. If this number modulo 1 is 0, the second parent is chosen; otherwise the first parent. (I may have them reversed, though.) The IV will be of the corresponding stat of the parent's held item.
* One call is made to determine the stat of the second IV chosen. It can't be the same as the stat for the first IV inherited. The number modulo 5 determines which stat to inherit. The list is in order from HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, and Special Defense.
* One call is made to determine the stat of the third IV chosen. It can't be the same as the stat for the first or second IV inherited. The number modulo 4 determines which stat to inherit.
* One call is made to determine which parent the second IV comes from. If this number modulo 1 is 0, the first parent is chosen, otherwise the second parent.
* One call is made to determine which parent the third IV comes from.

If only one parent holds a Power Bracer-like item:

Same as above, except that no call is made to determine which parent inherits the first IV.

If no parents hold a Power Bracer-like item:

* One call is made to determine the stat of the first IV chosen. The number modulo 6 determines which stat to inherit.
* One call is made to determine the stat of the second IV chosen. It can't be the same as the stat for the first IV inherited. The number modulo 5 determines which stat to inherit.
* One call is made to determine the stat of the third IV chosen. It can't be the same as the stat for the first or second IV inherited. The number modulo 4 determines which stat to inherit.
* One call is made to determine which parent the first IV comes from.
* One call is made to determine which parent the second IV comes from.
* One call is made to determine which parent the third IV comes from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)