Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hey all.

Trying to capture a Shiny Adamant Shinx now. I just need to know: are there any routes that Shinx can be found on that do not have any wandering NPC's that affect stuff?

Could someone please give some tips on how to abuse your ID on Diamond. I'm using an orginal cartridge if that helps.
The first thing you need to do is calibrate - for this, I recommend synching your DS up to an external clock, then trying to get through a new game and cancel the TV screen (that's when your ID/SID is generated in DPPt) for a particualr time - when I was calibrating on Platinum, I tried to get through in exactly two minutes - I would reset at the top of a minute, then rush through the new game sequence and sit at the TV screen for 10 seconds or so, then pressed A when the second minute passed. Then you just note down your delays, until you can consistently hit a specific range

If you're using PikaTimer, then, assuming you use the two-minute calibration method, put in your calibrated and wanted delay, along with your calibrated second, then make your wanted second the same as your calibrated one (use RNG Reporter to find a suitable time for this second), then, take the second timer, and manually add 120 seconds to it. So if it says 11.3 seconds, change it to 131.3 seconds. Leave the first timer unchanged.

Past this, just follow the guides on the front page of this thread.

I have read that if you change your trainer ID and SID combination this allows you to not get shiny eggs when breeding. I do this before I generate the times for my desired characteristics but my eggs keep hatching shiny.....What am i doing wrong? When I change the numbers I reduce both of my IDs by one. Do i need to change them more than this?
Yes. From what I've seen by just messing around with it, so long as the 10s digits and up are the same, then it won't matter. What I do is change my ID to the SID so that I won't forget it and they won't hatch shiny.

The first thing you need to do is calibrate - for this, I recommend synching your DS up to an external clock, then trying to get through a new game and cancel the TV screen (that's when your ID/SID is generated in DPPt) for a particualr time - when I was calibrating on Platinum, I tried to get through in exactly two minutes - I would reset at the top of a minute, then rush through the new game sequence and sit at the TV screen for 10 seconds or so, then pressed A when the second minute passed. Then you just note down your delays, until you can consistently hit a specific range

If you're using PikaTimer, then, assuming you use the two-minute calibration method, put in your calibrated and wanted delay, along with your calibrated second, then make your wanted second the same as your calibrated one (use RNG Reporter to find a suitable time for this second), then, take the second timer, and manually add 120 seconds to it. So if it says 11.3 seconds, change it to 131.3 seconds. Leave the first timer unchanged.

Past this, just follow the guides on the front page of this thread.
Thanks for the help :D. I already started the game with a non id abused id so once I rng all of the non shiny legendries that I want I'll do what you said :)

Is there anyone else in Solaceon that affects the RNG besides the cowgirls and Pachirisu? I finally hit my seed, and I had picked up the egg before they moved AT ALL. They didn't even turn! But instead of being flawless like it was supposed to be, which is on frame 1, it had the IV set of frame 7! What could have happened?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there anyone else in Solaceon that affects the RNG besides the cowgirls and Pachirisu? I finally hit my seed, and I had picked up the egg before they moved AT ALL. They didn't even turn! But instead of being flawless like it was supposed to be, which is on frame 1, it had the IV set of frame 7! What could have happened?
There are more NPC in solaceon town besides the ones you see on your screen it is possible that the ones off screen moved and advanced the frame.

You can't calibrate it that way. There's too many unseen things (off-screen NPCs). Sounds like that seed has a starting frame of 7 (in my experience, each seed has its own starting frame).

So how would I be able to tell what the starting frame is?
In RNG Reporter, select your desired spread, then right-click and hit "generate adjacent results," get the egg, hatch the egg and determine which frame you actually hit, based on the stats (rare candies might be called for).

Yes, I realize biking around all of creation waiting for an egg to hatch is no fun (which is why a lot of people use an AR and the fast hatch code), but it is what it is.

Please, if there's a better way, someone correct me.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Is it just me...or is the RadioSeed 1.0 has some errors in it concerning about the Pokemon Search Party...

The Serial Drama outputs from the RadioSeed seems to be accurate, but not the Pokemon Search Party outputs.

Sure, I did successfully RNG a Latias (with Entei still roaming), and using the radio to advance frames. The time of the target seed is around 18:00+, so that means the radio will play Pokemon Search Party...but why are the outputs in this RadioSeed program don't match up the outputs from my game?

BTW, another suggestion for the next RNG Reporter version is to highlight the seed with a certain color which uses the time when Buena's Password is on air (which doesn't advance frames), or add a column displaying what radio program from Variety Channel will play on the target seed (for example: B for Buena's Password, S for Pokemon Search Party, or D for Serial Radio Drama)

So I'm just now getting into RNG abuse for egg natures/IVs on HGSS. Is it way harder to do on HGSS than Plat or am I missing some information? From the first page:

Unlike DPPt, HGSS does not have the benefit of coin flips and happiness taps, which were used to skip through eggs until one of the desired nature and\or shininess is found. In HGSS, eggs must be received\rejected from the Day-Care Man one at a time until the desired egg is reached. RNG Reporter (link in signature) has an option to search for very low egg PID frames, making it possible to find a shiny egg on the very first.
I can't find the options in RNG Reporter 8.3 that the last sentence talks about. Or at least I can't figure out how to use them for HGSS.

I think I understand how to abuse for IVs, but not nature/ability/gender. Do I have to manually hatch eggs until I get one with the right combination, then reset and abuse for IVs once I have nature/ability/gender locked?

Is it way harder to do on HGSS than Plat or am I missing some information?
Yes. Yes it is. If you have access to Platinum, I would SERIOUSLY recommend doing your RNG breeding there, ESPECIALLY since, AFAIK, the mechanics behind Power Item breeding is not yet understood.

I can't find the options in RNG Reporter 8.3 that the last sentence talks about. Or at least I can't figure out how to use them for HGSS.
It's a little check box--"Search one frame only." Use the frame # the guide suggests, as you shouldn't need to calibrate.

I think I understand how to abuse for IVs, but not nature/ability/gender. Do I have to manually hatch eggs until I get one with the right combination, then reset and abuse for IVs once I have nature/ability/gender locked?
Yes. That's exactly right. Everstones are handy for this.

Alright I seem to have forgotten everything I used to know about this process (abusing for nature/ability/gender during breeding in DPPt). I'm going to go ahead and quote this old post by someone else because I'm having the exact same type of problem:

Can anyone see anything I did wrong? All I can see is that I didn't flip/tap properly. Gonna retry but if there are any glaring mistakes before I put in time...

04:27:16, delay 627
h,h,t,t,t,t,h,h,h,h
then 9 double taps
then 3 flips
then put the parents in
generate an egg and save
it got technician like i wanted
and was male like predicted
but neither else

I had the game saved inside the daycare center with the parents in my party.
I hit my seed, verified by 10 coin flips.
Then I did the additional number of coin flips specified.
Then I switched to the happiness app and did the number of taps specified.
Then I put the parents in the daycare. No items are attach to either of them.
Went biking and saved once the egg was generated.

The ability and gender were correct but the nature was Timid instead of Jolly like I had wanted. This has happened twice and I'm not sure what I'm messing up.

I believe you have to switch from the coin flips after doing the 10 to verify, do all the taps, then go back and do all the flips. Also, did you have 6 pokemon with you in your party?

Double clicking the Pokétch Happiness Checker Application will advance the Incubator RNG by the number of Pokémon in your party multiplied by two.
- Switching to the Pokétch Happiness Checker Application will advance the Incubator RNG by the number of Pokémon in your party multiplied by two.
*slaps forehead*

Should I have a full party right before I put the parents in?

Alright I seem to have forgotten everything I used to know about this process (abusing for nature/ability/gender during breeding in DPPt). I'm going to go ahead and quote this old post by someone else because I'm having the exact same type of problem:

I had the game saved inside the daycare center with the parents in my party.
I hit my seed, verified by 10 coin flips.
Then I did the additional number of coin flips specified.
Then I switched to the happiness app and did the number of taps specified.
Then I put the parents in the daycare. No items are attach to either of them.
Went biking and saved once the egg was generated.

The ability and gender were correct but the nature was Timid instead of Jolly like I had wanted. This has happened twice and I'm not sure what I'm messing up.
-Including the parents, you need six (non-egg) Pokes in your party.
-Make sure you change off of the happiness app before you go outside.
I believe you have to switch from the coin flips after doing the 10 to verify, do all the taps, then go back and do all the flips. Also, did you have 6 pokemon with you in your party?
-Incorrect. Works fine if you do all the coin flips together first.

Actually, I was 1/2 right. I had the same trouble, but I found that by doing the coins seperate (or doing an extra happiness tap) that it does work. Apparently the IRNG is also advanced from switching off of the happiness taps, like you said. So we are both right.

I really don't like to use my average delay as I hit higher delays better with emloop. Is there anyway to do frame calibration with emloop for eggs, or am I stuck with using average delays? And just to make sure I'm right, I have to hit the delay everytime correct?

Quick question about Pokewalker abuse. How do you find a spread? Is any possible spread in game possilbe in Pokewalker? Or is there some limitations too it. I saw Dark Chaos' post a few pages back so I see how to determine nature, but can I use anything for the spread?

I used ID Finder to find (not manipulate) my Secret ID at the beginning of my platinum game. after beating the elite four I encountered and caught a random non-abused shiny zubat which I put in the day care to get it to level 50 so I can check its IVs to confirm that my IDs are ID:56542 and SID:64015. I also am trying to catch a Jolly Shiny Geodude from Route 207. I had previously eliminated the Wandering status from all NPCs on the route. now here's the "fun" part:
I have tried using Pikatimer as the two-stage timer. my seed I'm going for is Method J 020D04C6 Frame 32 on 2010-06-27 13:41:55 Delay 1212. When I go through the steps of entering into Pikatimer C.Delay: 600; W.Delay:1212; C.Sec:14; W.Sec:55, I then start the timer and the DS clock as close to simultanously as possible, then I soft reset a second before then hold the soft reset sequence until the timer hits zero, then I try to enter the game (journal) at the same time the clock reaches zero again. then I journal flip twelve times, then I hit start, confirm my seed (fail) then if I hit it, I'll walk 127 steps to a square next to a patch of grass, activate a repel, step into the square then sweet scent, bringing me to a frame of 32.

My problems arise when I try to check my seed. I have the adjacent delays to +/- 60 Delays and +/- 2 Seconds. most of the time the coin flips say I landed on a delay or second that gives a not found error message, and the closest I ever got to my target time/delay was just now where I needed 1212/55 and got 1210/53. I'm pretty sure that was just a fluke, so what I would like to know is what is the best settings for the Adjacent Finder for capturing pokemon?

EDIT: I set the first timer up two seconds on PikaTimer, to compensate for the lack of two seconds in my last reset cycle, and now I've got a Delay/Second of 1264/57 instead of 1212/55. This doesn't make any sense! how do I adjust the timers of PikaTimer to hit the correct second. if i change it back two seconds then I'll be two seconds early, but if I keep it the same, I'll be two seconds late! O-O

Requesting help with Wondercard abuse:

The spread I am trying to hit is on frame 116. I'm assuming I hit my seed here btw:
I let the roaming NPC in Floarama Pokémart do two turnsteps and one step, meaning the RNG was advanced by 5 frames, correct? Assuming I can do my math that means...
116 - 5 = 111
(111 - 1)/2 = 55 Page Flips to hit my target frame.

However, after doing these page flips, etc, etc, I always end up hitting frame 117. It's like my game refuses to hit frame 116 for some reason. I've checked and double-checked and there are no roaming pogeymanz. Does anybody know what the problem could be?

I just started to learn HG/SS RNG and I got stuck by searching an odd frame.

In the Time Finder I putted all my information in etc at 'Shiny Egg'.
I'm searching for an odd frame. Like 1, 3 or 5. My problem is that I don't get any of these. I only get 4 and sometimes 2. How do I get an odd frame? I already changed the month and day a lot. =/

Requesting help with Wondercard abuse:

The spread I am trying to hit is on frame 116. I'm assuming I hit my seed here btw:
I let the roaming NPC in Floarama Pokémart do two turnsteps and one step, meaning the RNG was advanced by 5 frames, correct? Assuming I can do my math that means...
116 - 5 = 111
(111 - 1)/2 = 55 Page Flips to hit my target frame.

However, after doing these page flips, etc, etc, I always end up hitting frame 117. It's like my game refuses to hit frame 116 for some reason. I've checked and double-checked and there are no roaming pogeymanz. Does anybody know what the problem could be?
I am having trouble with wondercard abuse as well, I can not seem to even hit my seed on Diamond and I don't seem to be able to check it in the Seed Finder. Also do you know how the nature is determined for wondercards? I want to RNG the Deoxys from the old Gamestop event to get it with a Calm Nature.

I am having trouble with wondercard abuse as well, I can not seem to even hit my seed on Diamond and I don't seem to be able to check it in the Seed Finder. Also do you know how the nature is determined for wondercards? I want to RNG the Deoxys from the old Gamestop event to get it with a Calm Nature.
The nature is running on a separate RNG than the one that determines the IV's, so as of now the nature is random and you just have to be lucky =\ It's a pain in the ass, but it can be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 14)