Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Thanks very much! I'm still a bit confused, though. Does this mean I just need to find a seed with both the IVs and shininess, or do the IV procedure after placing the parents in the daycare for the shiny egg?
You put them in the daycare and RNG a shiny egg (with needed nature). When you have an egg, save the game and check it's shinyness. If it's shiny, then do the RNG for IV's from that point (in front of the daycare man). Does that help?

Maybe you could write us up a guide on how you compensate on Pikatimer. It's easier for me to adjust the minute of the DS, but if Pikatimer can be adjusted too, well, it would be nice if it was easy to understand how.

Edit: I do have a guide for egg IVs on Platinum. I just don't bother with the part on shininess or nature, because there's already adequate guides for that.
What guides do you recommend for HGSS then? (for nature and iv eggs that is)

What guides do you recommend for HGSS then? (for nature and iv eggs that is)
I have guides for HGSS shiny eggs and IVs. You could give them a try if you want. You could also look at Bearfan's videos. There are links to it on the first page of this help thread.

I have guides for HGSS shiny eggs and IVs. You could give them a try if you want. You could also look at Bearfan's videos. There are links to it on the first page of this help thread.
<br />
<br />
I've seen bearfan's video but I have some questions I want to ask which he did not answer in his video nor did anyone want to answer.

Say if for the first part, my egg was not in frame 1 or the day-care man did not have my egg ready yet, wouldn't NPCs in town and on the route mess up my frame if I were to bike up and down to get my pokemon to breed and pop an egg for me to pick up at the Old Man?

If I do not know my SID (I could actually look for it because I was lucky enough to get a Shiny Gible randomly) but do not care for shininess anyways, could I still continue for the gender and nature?

How does everstone affect the process? What about using Stat training items like Power Bracer?

If the frame is low like 3 or 5? How the hell would I be adequately able to confirm if I hit the correct seed/delay without advancing the frame too far? (Elm calls is how I confirm if I hit the correct seed/delay or not)

<br />
<br />
I've seen bearfan's video but I have some questions I want to ask which he did not answer in his video nor did anyone want to answer.[/QUOTE>

Say if for the first part, my egg was not in frame 1 or the day-care man did not have my egg ready yet, wouldn't NPCs in town and on the route mess up my frame if I were to bike up and down to get my pokemon to breed and pop an egg for me to pick up at the Old Man?
NPCs do not mess up IRNG (egg generation). You need to worry about NPCs when you get to the IV part of your RNG project.

<br />
<br />If I do not know my SID (I could actually look for it because I was lucky enough to get a Shiny Gible randomly) but do not care for shininess anyways, could I still continue for the gender and nature?
Yes, you can. Leave the SID/OT sections of RNG reporter blank. Some people say to put random numbers in for both.

<br />
<br />How does everstone affect the process? What about using Stat training items like Power Bracer?
Don't. RNG is about a seed. A seed provides a time. The time gives the exact right nature and ability. If you add in the other items, RNG Reporter can't deal with it, because it generates the seed based on math without having to calculate the math of these items. So don't ever use items when you RNG.

<br />
<br />If the frame is low like 3 or 5? How the hell would I be adequately able to confirm if I hit the correct seed/delay without advancing the frame too far? (Elm calls is how I confirm if I hit the correct seed/delay or not)
Elm does not advance IRNG (egg generation). He only advances RNG. Low odd numbered frames are good because you can use Joey to advance the IRNG frame by two each phone call. But do not choose a Monday to call him. He'll ask for a fight. If he's been asking for a fight all along, fight him and then do your IRNG, but not on Monday.

Ok, quick question. Why on my Soul Silver cartridge is my frame consistently starting on 3 (instead of 1). Yes, I'm on Rt. 34 (by the Day Care), but I'm hitting X as soon as the world loads up (so no NPC's can screw me up). I am just confused as to why I'm consistently starting on frame 3.

@Giovanni: Do you have roamers out? If not, why don't you resaving and seeing if that brings you back to one. Iirc, the NPC can only turn, not walk so he would have to be turning twice to advance the frame by 2 that fast.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, quick question. Why on my Soul Silver cartridge is my frame consistently starting on 3 (instead of 1). Yes, I'm on Rt. 34 (by the Day Care), but I'm hitting X as soon as the world loads up (so no NPC's can screw me up). I am just confused as to why I'm consistently starting on frame 3.
Happening to me also, no roamers. It's not that big of a problem, it's just that I have to remember to start from the 3rd frame call.

NPCs do not mess up IRNG (egg generation). You need to worry about NPCs when you get to the IV part of your RNG project.

Elm does not advance IRNG (egg generation). He only advances RNG. Low odd numbered frames are good because you can use Joey to advance the IRNG frame by two each phone call. But do not choose a Monday to call him. He'll ask for a fight. If he's been asking for a fight all along, fight him and then do your IRNG, but not on Monday.
So I get a seed from Shiny Egg, plug it into Seed to Time to help me check if I hit the right seed? Then if I did hit the correct seed/delay, I put the parents into the daycare and go out and start running around for my egg (if its on the IRNG Frame 1). Egg generates, I save in front of Old Man which concludes my first part done? Would any other action mess up the egg's nature/gender when I am doing the IV part of RNG?

Incoming phone calls (except from the Daycare man) might affect the results. Most calls occur after the hour changes, do do not choose a seed time where the hour may change while you are biking.

Now that I've found my SID in my SoulSilver, 86806 (and checked again twice,) I get no results in RNG Reporter after multiple searches, my SID appears as "0" on PokéRNG, and on JavaRNG it says that there's an error with it.
What's going on?

Are you also plugging in your ID? And are you sure you're plugging in your numbers in the right areas? (i.e. putting your ID# in to the SID# box?)

Are you also plugging in your ID? And are you sure you're plugging in your numbers in the right areas? (i.e. putting your ID# in to the SID# box?)
Yes. I'm doing both, the ID copied with the DS next to me, same for the secret ID.
EDIT: Oh dammit, the first number should have been zero, but I already had 8 in that spot, so it didn't change. Thanks for trying to help. My SID's actually 06806.

Alright, so I've found a spread I like for my Regirock.
Careful with 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 7. The frame is 490, so I need to advance the RNG 489 times.

I've defeated a Pokemon so it will appear in my journal on the first page when I start the game.

There are no roamers.

I've saved infront of the statue with 3 Pokemon in my party.

So, if I'm right, I need to flip the journal 240 times to advance by 480 frames, then walk 384 steps to advance it by 9 since I have 3 pokes in my party. Then I should have my Regirock, right?!

Also, just to be sure, when the journal opens and a pokemon is on the first page, does that count as a flip or do i have to change the page and return to it to get a flip?
(EX: its on page 1, so do I have to go 1-2-1 to get it to count or is the first 1 counted?)

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I'm trying to capture a Lonely 31/31/25/31/30/30 Giratina on frame 35, seed 270E0290, with a delay a 647 and the seconds value is 50. On pikatimer when the second timer is 14.78, I can never get in the gameworld in that time, though, so I can check my delay then adjust pikatimer accordingly. After I adjust pikatimer, it usually scales it back to 14.82 or so. When using that timer, I do the coin flips and never get any adjacent delay to 647. What am I doing wrong?

So I'm trying to capture a Lonely 31/31/25/31/30/30 Giratina on frame 35, seed 270E0290, with a delay a 647 and the seconds value is 50. On pikatimer when the second timer is 14.78, I can never get in the gameworld in that time, though, so I can check my delay then adjust pikatimer accordingly. After I adjust pikatimer, it usually scales it back to 14.82 or so. When using that timer, I do the coin flips and never get any adjacent delay to 647. What am I doing wrong?
Two things you have to keep in mind when using pikatimer...

1st - computer subroutines (anti-virus updates, messengers blinking, torrent downloads, open navigator minimized but loading a page) might trow pikatimer off a bit and make you get inconsistent results, so have as little as possible going on while using pike timer.

2nd - you have to be consistent on what you do. I say - go with the rhythm. Tap your foot for each beep and soon in two pikatimer runs you'll have the RNG done: one run for fine-tuning and one for final results.

I am currently RNG abusing for Heatran:

Modest

31/4/31/31/31/31

What is the journal flip formula for Diamond when Sr'ing legends?

What frame is heatran generated on? Is it 1?

Does Cressialia count as a roamer if I have not yet talked to it on Full Moon Island?

I am currently RNG abusing for Heatran:

Modest

31/4/31/31/31/31

What is the journal flip formula for Diamond when Sr'ing legends?

Journal flips = (target frame - monster frame - roamers)/2

What frame is heatran generated on? Is it 1?

Yes, so given the formula above, unless you want to do walking to advance the frame which I don't really suggest, choose an odd frame if you don't have any roamers out

Does Cressialia count as a roamer if I have not yet talked to it on Full Moon Island?

No

For Heatran in Diamond Version:

Is the target frame under the "frame" column or the "actual" column?
Its method J under the frame column.

Dont worry about actual frames at all.

Alright, so I've found a spread I like for my Regirock.
Careful with 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 7. The frame is 490, so I need to advance the RNG 489 times.

I've defeated a Pokemon so it will appear in my journal on the first page when I start the game.

There are no roamers.

I've saved infront of the statue with 3 Pokemon in my party.

So, if I'm right, I need to flip the journal 240 times to advance by 480 frames, then walk 384 steps to advance it by 9 since I have 3 pokes in my party. Then I should have my Regirock, right?!

It easier if you do it like this
490- 1[for regi frame] = 489
489- 3[1 set of 128 step w/ 3 pkmn] = 486
486/2 = 243 flips

so do 243 flips
1 set of 128 steps
then talk to the pkmn

Also, just to be sure, when the journal opens and a pokemon is on the first page, does that count as a flip or do i have to change the page and return to it to get a flip?
(EX: its on page 1, so do I have to go 1-2-1 to get it to count or is the first 1 counted?)

It the first page have a capture/defeated pkmn then its debatable.

I know myself and other rnger do count the first page if it does have the capture/defeated pkmn,and it works, but Minigot said not too.

If it does not have the capture/defeated pkmn then dont count it

Alright. Two questions.

First, how do I know which ability gets assigned to Ability 0 in the shiny egg finder section of RNGreporter?

Second, if I can't get a frame of 1 and I go with two, does this mean I am suppose to reject the first egg that comes and grab the second?

Alright. Two questions.

First, how do I know which ability gets assigned to Ability 0 in the shiny egg finder section of RNGreporter?
In RNG reporter (at least the most recent version) along the right hand side there is a button labeled "Dex/IV Check" Go there and select the pokemon you wish to know about, and it will tell you which of it's abilities is 0, and which is 1.

Second, if I can't get a frame of 1 and I go with two, does this mean I am suppose to reject the first egg that comes and grab the second?
Correct

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)