Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hello fellow RNGers. I have a question about wondercard RNGing. I am going to be RNGing my friends Jirachi wondercard and I would like to know how it is done. Is it the same as the Pt way of RNGing? Also, are there any special Seed programs just for RNGing wondercards in HGSS?

Sorry, my post got stuck on the last page.

I haven't touched Wichu's program and look at my Trophy Case :) I can't help you with the other two requests though :(
Do you mind telling me how you found your current frame without using Wichu's program?

Also, in that case, what are the benefits of Wichu's program? Since it's not indispensable.

Lastly, (a lot of questions sorry lol), when do you start planting yourself in front of the legendary you're RNGing? And what was your location in which you advanced the 1 million odd frames? (as in, in game location.)

Thanks for your time.

I already know the delay I'm aiming for (2809 delay, 0:46:81 seconds if it matters). Can't I just wait out the number of delay in the intro, wait the number of seconds, and press Continue?

Edit: I actually used Wichu's program and the seed I got from the spread was the same exact spread I got from the spreadsheet I used from the Smogon guide, except the delay was 11,249. Which frame should I aim for?

Double Edit: The seconds for Wichu's program being 3:01.48...? Do I wait three minutes, one second, and 48 hundredths of a second?
Buried two pages ago

When I try to run RSEDecode on Emerald, it does not work.

I make sure that I put the Pokemon I want to check in the second slot of my party. I open up "Memory Viewer" and change the size to 32-bit. Then, I save the file (Address: 2024550 / Size: 64). I save it in my RSEDecode file on my C: Drive as "monster". I open up "Command Prompt" in the "Accessories" folder and navigate to the RSEDecode folder. When I tell it to run "rse", a window pops up and says:

"RSEDecode has stopped working. Windows is checking for solutions." Any reason why this is happening?

Hi again everyone ^^.

I'm near to totally lost in my RNG learning on HGSS. I successfuly calibrated my average Delay, but unfortunately, my first target to RNG is Latias HP Fire, which needs a Delay of 2035. My average delay being 771 (for a second of 18), I tried to do some calcs to determine the second needed to reach such a high delay, but each time I tried (either with a second of 47, 50 or whatever), the results were absolutely irrelevant.

Anyone would have a wiseful advice to give me, please ? ^^
Thanks by advance.

Hi again everyone ^^.

I'm near to totally lost in my RNG learning on HGSS. I successfuly calibrated my average Delay, but unfortunately, my first target to RNG is Latias HP Fire, which needs a Delay of 2035. My average delay being 771 (for a second of 18), I tried to do some calcs to determine the second needed to reach such a high delay, but each time I tried (either with a second of 47, 50 or whatever), the results were absolutely irrelevant.

Anyone would have a wiseful advice to give me, please ? ^^
Thanks by advance.
Pikatimer will do all the calcs for you, and aid in hitting very high delays. It's worth noting that I JUST finished RNG'ing my HP Fire Latias from the enigma stone event. I chose a timid spread, and my delay was only 713.

Pikatimer will do all the calcs for you, and aid in hitting very high delays. It's worth noting that I JUST finished RNG'ing my HP Fire Latias from the enigma stone event. I chose a timid spread, and my delay was only 713.
man you must have gotten SO lucky, because i was trying to get him and i hit my time and SEED twice and advanced to the right frame and then NPC's messed me up TWICE! but good job, because thats not easy!

man you must have gotten SO lucky, because i was trying to get him and i hit my time and SEED twice and advanced to the right frame and then NPC's messed me up TWICE! but good job, because thats not easy!
Well they actually may have messed it up... But I was using a timid syncher. I punched in the seed that wichu's gave me into the rng reporter, and discovered that the frame Wichu's gave me was simply the FIRST frame my latias was available. So what I did was pick a cluster of frames that my latias would show up on, and if the npc's advanced my frame by 0, 2, 3, or 5 frames, I would still get the correct latias.

When I try to run RSEDecode on Emerald, it does not work.

I make sure that I put the Pokemon I want to check in the second slot of my party. I open up "Memory Viewer" and change the size to 32-bit. Then, I save the file (Address: 2024550 / Size: 64). I save it in my RSEDecode file on my C: Drive as "monster". I open up "Command Prompt" in the "Accessories" folder and navigate to the RSEDecode folder. When I tell it to run "rse", a window pops up and says:

"RSEDecode has stopped working. Windows is checking for solutions." Any reason why this is happening?
Hmm...

well i have little question i have my SS and defeated the first 8 gyms but now in order to go to the elite4 i have to meet lugia but i want to RNG with patience so i want to know if i can beat lugia ( not catch ) and i can re-battle him after i beat the league right???

also i want to know the frame of lugia and others legendaries since i don t find them TT-TT
and if the frame changes in the re-battle

Thx in advance

Does the 128 Step Counter Reset after each save? Or does it continue? I remember reading something like that before.
I'm pretty sure the 128 step counter continues right where it left off every time you load the game. That's why you can never be sure of where exactly it is, unless of course you counted every single step you took since you began a new game.

Edit: Black Zero - You can defeat Lugia and rebattle after beating the Elite 4. The frames for legendaries and others are all in the post on the first page by OmegaDonut. If they aren't listed, then assume the frame is 1. The frames are always the same, whether it's a rebattle or not.

Yes, you can kill Lugia and any other legendary (including Snorlax, Sudowoodo, and red Gyarados) and they will respawn after you beat the Elite 4. Lugia is frame 1, like pretty much all legendaries in the game.

I'm pretty sure the 128 step counter continues right where it left off every time you load the game. That's why you can never be sure of where exactly it is, unless of course you counted every single step you took since you began a new game.
Actually, I think it does reset every time you save, and turn off the game, but it maintains the count if you did a soft reset.

well i have little question i have my SS and defeated the first 8 gyms but now in order to go to the elite4 i have to meet lugia but i want to RNG with patience so i want to know if i can beat lugia ( not catch ) and i can re-battle him after i beat the league right???

also i want to know the frame of lugia and others legendaries since i don t find them TT-TT
and if the frame changes in the re-battle

Thx in advance
the first page has all the info you need :)

Yes, you can kill Lugia and any other legendary (including Snorlax, Sudowoodo, and red Gyarados) and they will respawn after you beat the Elite 4. Lugia is frame 1, like pretty much all legendaries in the game.
ok thx alot then i can beat him with no worries

Has there been any more frame advancements methods made for HGSS since the guide on the front was last edited (july), i am trying to hit a higher frame, and want to know if there is any other way to do it than the radio (i always have an accident after to long), or phoning elm/joey?

Has there been any more frame advancements methods made for HGSS since the guide on the front was last edited (july), i am trying to hit a higher frame, and want to know if there is any other way to do it than the radio (i always have an accident after to long), or phoning elm/joey?
There hasn't been anything consistent discovered as of late. If you want to hit the higher ones your best bet is Elm/Radio.

Thanks a lot man. I kinda figured it out last night. I was just getting confused with the seconds. I just realized that "seconds" doesn't really matter as long as the roamers are at their right locations.

Your questions are too broad for a quick answer. Check my guides. Perhaps that will help you.

Edit: Nexus gave you the link to the official guide. :-)
Thanks. I figured it out and I just caught my first shiny Latios on my SoulSilver. I'm still learning how to RNG in HG/SS, by the way. So, thanks. I appreciate you and Nexus helping me out. ^__^

I just found a shiny in my SS game, and confirmed its IVs.

In the PID to SID tab in RNG tab, there are three SIDs generated through Methods 1, 2, and 4. Which one is my real SID?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)