Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Rocket Boss Giovanni said:
Can someone give a better explanation on how to use the Wonder Card PokeRNG program listed on the front page? For example, what do I put in for the date/time? The time I downloaded the Card, or the Time I want it to show up? Also, is shininess determined similar to that in breeding (meaning any ID/SID combo can generate flawless shinies) or like Method K (where only a certain few are hexflawless and shiny) The description provided in the first page is not very helpful at all, and I want my 10th Anniversary Mew =P
New page

You need to find a method 1 seed for the IV spread you want. Since wondercard natures are completely random, if you hit your target spread, you will get the IVs but any nature is possible. This means you can get hex flawless spreads and such that aren't usually present in the game. When you get your seed, you need to generate it in RNG Reporter under the option Wondercard IVs. You will choose a time based on when you are picking up your pokemon, it has nothing to do with obtaining the wondercard itself. You cannot get a shiny mew, or any other event. The only one that is possible to be shiny is Manaphy egg, or ones that are set as shiny.

hey im new to RNGing and i have a question

is there anyway to shorten the taps on the poketech?
because even when what i want comes up, its still a really high number of taps :/
i can't take the time to tap my poketech 4000 times.

hey im new to RNGing and i have a question

is there anyway to shorten the taps on the poketech?
because even when what i want comes up, its still a really high number of taps :/
i can't take the time to tap my poketech 4000 times.
There is a feature called shiny egg finder. Open the time finder in RNG Reporter and hit shiny egg. Enter the correct information for the egg you want. You will need to hit a target date/time/delay, and it will give you very low taps/flips for your shiny egg.

There is a feature called shiny egg finder. Open the time finder in RNG Reporter and hit shiny egg. Enter the correct information for the egg you want. You will need to hit a target date/time/delay, and it will give you very low taps/flips for your shiny egg.
wow
i didn't see that
ill work wih that a little
thanx

one more thing:
is can i effectivly soft reset if the L and R buttons on my ds are malfunctioning?
am i able to just hit the power button?

wow
i didn't see that
ill work wih that a little
thanx

one more thing:
is can i effectivly soft reset if the L and R buttons on my ds are malfunctioning?
am i able to just hit the power button?
You'll just have to press A on the DS menu to enter the game, at the time where you would normally SR. I don't do it that way so I'm not sure if it effects anything or not, like as far as calibration goes.

You need to find a method 1 seed for the IV spread you want. Since wondercard natures are completely random, if you hit your target spread, you will get the IVs but any nature is possible. This means you can get hex flawless spreads and such that aren't usually present in the game. When you get your seed, you need to generate it in RNG Reporter under the option Wondercard IVs. You will choose a time based on when you are picking up your pokemon, it has nothing to do with obtaining the wondercard itself. You cannot get a shiny mew, or any other event. The only one that is possible to be shiny is Manaphy egg, or ones that are set as shiny.
I'm still a little confused... What do you mean, get a seed with IVs? I am so lost. Screenshots or tutorial videos are nice. If you want to send me pictures and stuff, please PM me. I don't want to spam this thread =P Thanks for the help, I appreciate it =)

When abusing for ID/SID, how are you supposed to calibrate for your delay? You can't catch high level pokemon early in the game, and I don't use gameshark. Can anyone tell me from their experiene how they determined their delay in abusing for ID/SID?

When abusing for ID/SID, how are you supposed to calibrate for your delay? You can't catch high level pokemon early in the game, and I don't use gameshark. Can anyone tell me from their experiene how they determined their delay in abusing for ID/SID?
I've got a guide (using emloop) I wrote that someone already has used with success. If you're interested in reading it send me a message.

Well, I figured out why I wasn't able to hit my seed and delay yesterday, and that was mostly my fault. Initially, when I start Pikatimer, I have to change the DS's clock, then hit start on Pikatimer about .5 seconds after I press "OK" on the DS. However, I had been hitting start on Pikatimer abut .25 seconds after hitting "OK" on the DS.

Still on the hunt for a Timid Mew, 20+ tries later.

When looking for frame advancing NPCs, they are the ones that are relatively unpredictable. But say I am looking for those NPCs that do frame advance, but what if there are NPCs that turn the same way but at faster and slower speeds, will they advance the frame?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've done a couple of ID/SID resets.
The ID that you hit, along with the year, month, day, hour and second are how you calibrate.
On the far right column of Pandora's Box (part of RNG Reporter) you can enter all the information about what time you're aiming for, and then as soon as you've headed downstairs and your mum gives you a trainer card, you can check your ID by clicking on that.

Then enter the ID that you hit in the text box marked "Trainer ID Obtained".
The max and min delay things should be ~300 either side of the delay you're trying to hit, since on big delays it's easy to be pretty far out.

The game will then give you one or two possible options for which seed you hit. If there's one, happy days, that's the one you hit, and you should be able to calibrate from there: Just put the delay that you did hit in the other delay option on PikaTimer.

If there's two, every time I've done it, either have another run at it (maybe change the delay very slightly on PikaTimer so it doesn't happen exactly the same next time), or use some common sense.

I did one where I was aiming for a delay 6169, and the two options were: 6163 and 6424, and it felt like I'd clicked a little too early. Calibrated with the 6163 frame and I was right.

Hope that makes sense ;)

i've been hitting odd delays, my target delay is 704, and ive been hitting 705 and 703 almost always. is there a possibility to get an even delay?

i've been hitting odd delays, my target delay is 704, and ive been hitting 705 and 703 almost always. is there a possibility to get an even delay?
If you're using a DS with a GBA slot take out the GBA game. If not, I think you have to scroll down the menu or something.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
To change from an even to an odd delay there are lots of things you can do.

If you input the next year (i.e. 2010 becomes 2011) in Time Finder, the delay goes down by 1 (i.e. 704 becomes 703).

For larger delays, if on the screen with Continue, etc. you scroll down so that the screen jumps down, and then go back up to Continue and behave as normal that will change the delay you hit from Odd to Even (i.e. 705 becomes 704 or 706). In the ~700 delay this is possible, but you will have to scroll up and down VERY quickly, so it'd probably be easier to just change the year.

Why can't I hit the frames when I am trying to rng abuse my own wild pokemon? I was able to do it the first time after I did 63 phone calls when my frame is 63 but I changed my seed and info to two different seeds, and I am unable do it. My frame is now 17, I did 17 calls, then I used sweet scent while I'm on the bicycle, and I can't hit the frame still somehow. What am I doing wrong?

You need to keep in mind that if your Target Frame is 17, then you need to stop at 15 and then use Sweet Scent, because Sweet Scent in grass advances the frame by 2.

How exactly do you use RNG abuse to get a Manaphy Egg to hatch shiny? This is an egg that was traded to me. Im very new to RNG abuse but want to do it

If you already have the egg, I don't believe you can do it anymore, sorries.

Miilanda: Just in case you forgot, but wondercard IVs, not Method 1 :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)