Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Is there a list of flawless/near flawless IV "twin" spreads anywhere that I can use for ID/SID abuse (specifically ones for Hidden Power abilities, with 68 and above)?

If not, I'm compiling a list of them and should have them up soon (I'm trying to keep the frames under or around 200, because otherwise they're a tad high to reach and tedious if you don't use the radio to advance frames). I only have Hidden Power 70 spreads listed. I ignored Hidden Power 68, but could include them if I can't find a nature with Hidden Power 70 and a reasonable frame.

Arkadu: Shiny Egg, ie nature/ability/gender/shininess is on a different frame counter. To advance that, read this from the first page:

Hatching for shiny Eggs\Eggs of a certain nature

Unlike DPPt, HGSS does not have the benefit of coin flips and happiness taps, which were used to skip through eggs until one of the desired nature and\or shininess is found. In HGSS, eggs must be received\rejected from the Day-Care Man one at a time until the desired egg is reached. RNG Reporter (link in signature) has an option to search for very low egg PID frames, making it possible to find a shiny egg on the very first.

Alternatively, you can also call Joey I hear, but I've never done that.

For IVs, you don't call elm the full listed amount to verify. You call until you're -1 from your target and interact with the old man.

Hokay, trying my hand at HGSS Egg abuse, stumbled across another question, somewhat related to my last.

With regards to PokeRNG, specifically the Seed to Time and Shiny Egg utilities, does the frame that it gives you (in my case 8) take into account Elm calls? I've not been using Elm calls to verify my seed, as the roamers have seemed to be far more efficient with respect to Method 1/K captures.

So, if my frame is 8, and I hit my seed using all three roamers (+3), shouldn't I only have to call Joey 2 times to hit my frame? Or is the frame really 18 because PokeRNG thinks I'm going to call Elm?
I don't really understand what you're saying here (and I'm not the best teacher) but my advice is to kill off the roamers to make RNG in general much easier. They will re-appear after you defeat the elite 4 again, if you plan on RNG'ing them.

I'm good on egg abuse in DPPt, and capture abuse in both versions, so I guess I'm trying to translate that knowledge over to HGSS egg abuse.

I've noticed that most guides say to look for shiny eggs on Frame 1, and to kill the roamers. But, if you know how much the roamers advance the frame by, and you advance the RNG frame through Joey calls, wouldn't that produce the same effect as a HGSS capture?

Maybe I'm missing something that's exclusive to egg abuse in these games.

1) Hit seed, verified by roamers (Frame 1+3)
2) Call Joey twice (Frame 8)
3) Deposit parents

Are HGSS dissimilar to DPPt in this regard, that the 'shininess' of the egg isn't determined at the moment (frame) you deposit the parents? I can always just find a Frame 1 spread, and slaughter the roamers, but I suppose I'd like to understand the mechanics of it a bit better.

Ninja Edit: Oh ho, so eggs have their own frame, so when the shiny finder says 'frame' it really means "go through this many eggs to get to the right one"?

Yes - but I've heard of Joey call working too. Actually...I'm pretty sure Joey call works because Riski suggested it in her guide. Calling elm won't though. And neither does roamers if I recall right. They're more for when you do the IV abuse.

I usually pick a frame of 1/2 or maybe 3 at the highest and just chunk eggs until I get to mine. IF your frame is 8, then you start at 1 + 3joeycalls = 7, refuse an egg, and the eighth one should be your shiny one methinks.

Is there anything special to RNG'ing game corner prize Pokemon in Heartgold? If I read the first post here correct the prizes are Method 1 and they should have a monster frame of 1. Is there anything else I need to be aware of? Thanks :)

Hey guys I got à question. If you kill THE roamers, but ofcourse not the one that you wanna RNG Abuse, do THE others appear after you've defeaten the Elite four for THE first time or do they appear everytime you defeat the Elite 4.

Alright guys, I'm attempting to RNG a wild Ditto, method J. Now, say, (I haven't started yet) that my target frame is 103. Do I advance the frame to 102 or to 103 and then sweet scent it?

Thanks.

Is there anything special to RNG'ing game corner prize Pokemon in Heartgold? If I read the first post here correct the prizes are Method 1 and they should have a monster frame of 1. Is there anything else I need to be aware of? Thanks :)
I'd like to know the answer this question aswell :)

Alright guys, I'm attempting to RNG a wild Ditto, method J. Now, say, (I haven't started yet) that my target frame is 103. Do I advance the frame to 102 or to 103 and then sweet scent it?

Thanks.

1st off if your RNGing in SS/HG you should be using Method K not J, secondly in DPPt if u sweet scent it advances your frame by 2 not 1, and in most cases in HG/SS your frame advances by 2 as well, but some people have their frames only being advanced by 1 this is all for grass/cave if we are talking about surfing then its a whole different story.

Well, I do not believe there is anything else to it. Are there moving NPCs? I forget.
If not, that's all you need to do. RNG normally. >.<

Alright, so I'm in HG/SS, now method K. The frame is only 16. What would you say is the best plan of attack on hiting my target frame? Do I even need a sweet scenter?

For wild captures? You need a sweet scenter to encounter the pokemon.
With such a low frame, I'd just use Elm calls to advance it and verify. Remember to account for the sweet scent frame advances too. :) Good luck ^^

EDIT: Also make sure that your desired frame has an encounter slot to even encounter Ditto :)

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
What if my second timer is a bit too short? I've found a flawless Modest spread, but the second timer in Pikatimer is like 16 sec, so when I see that 'Press Start' screen, and I press A, I only have 2 seconds left on PikaTimer. :( What now?

Okay. Now, since the frame is 16, should I stop advancing at 13, sweet scent, and encounter the Pokemon? Or advance to 14, sweet scent, and encounter the Pokemon? Also, I'm unaware of these "encounter slots" where can they be found? Sorry, other than a legend catch I'm new to RNG captures.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What if my second timer is a bit too short? I've found a flawless Modest spread, but the second timer in Pikatimer is like 16 sec, so when I see that 'Press Start' screen, and I press A, I only have 2 seconds left on PikaTimer. :( What now?
If you can't hit it, your delay isn't long enough. Nothing you can do except find another one. Bringing your year down will increase it by 1 per year, but I doubt that will be enough to make up for it.

Edit: Come to think of it, I think Troggy is right. I don't think I ever work with a second timer longer than that. You should be able to hit it. If you need a break from button mashing, you can have one after while the title screen is going away.

Okay. Now, since the frame is 16, should I stop advancing at 13, sweet scent, and encounter the Pokemon? Or advance to 14, sweet scent, and encounter the Pokemon? Also, I'm unaware of these "encounter slots" where can they be found? Sorry, other than a legend catch I'm new to RNG captures.
To 14 then sweet scent. If you hit 15 then you have a weird game. I don't remember how to find encounter slots though.. sorry.

It seems like you can do it, just count down in your head while you are advancing to the title screen. It'll be a bit tight, but I've done ones like that and as long as you concentrate it'll still work out fine :p

Assuming you're on your Bike Sweet Scent at 14, and that will advance the frame by 2 to 16. The encounter slots can be found by right clicking the frames in RNG reporter, it's one of the options. Each frame will have its own encounter slots, so you'll have to search through them to find ones you can use. There are also links to the sites that have all the encounter slot listings for the routes in each game.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
If you can't hit it, your delay isn't long enough. Nothing you can do except find another one. Bringing your year down will increase it by 1 per year, but I doubt that will be enough to make up for it.

Edit: Come to think of it, I think Troggy is right. I don't think I ever work with a second timer longer than that. You should be able to hit it. If you need a break from button mashing, you can have one after while the title screen is going away.
It seems like you can do it, just count down in your head while you are advancing to the title screen. It'll be a bit tight, but I've done ones like that and as long as you concentrate it'll still work out fine :p

Ok, thank you both! Well, then I think I need to try harder :p the attempts I did, were not even close to the delay I wanted to hit. (+/- 30 or more I guess)

Ok, thank you both! Well, then I think I need to try harder :p the attempts I did, were not even close to the delay I wanted to hit. (+/- 30 or more I guess)
Oh, and you weren't saying you were pressing A on the continue screen with 2 seconds left on the timer, were you? You need to wait until the second timer hits exactly 0 seconds to press A >.<

Buckert: I try keeping my delays -99/+99 either way, and keep seconds 5 or so. Usually it's simple to hit your seconds, but keeping your delays -99/+99, you can do an Elm search to see how far off you were.

Troggy: Hit the timer just before it hits 0. Count down in your head, and as the timer is about to ding when it hits 0, then press A. It might be different for you, but I found that if I hit A right when the timer reaches 0, I overshoot my delay a bit.

Although, due to my computer running multiple programs, Pikatimer often times shoots me off course because the timer is slow, then I become distracted. I found that using my MP3 player for seconds usually works fine, as you never have to worry about seconds slowing down or increasing in speed. I've RNG'd with my MP3 player a few dozen times now, and it works wonders. The only downside is that you're relying on eyesight to time them, as opposed to Pikatimer's "ding" with sound.

Troggy: Hit the timer just before it hits 0. Count down in your head, and as the timer is about to ding when it hits 0, then press A. It might be different for you, but I found that if I hit A right when the timer reaches 0, I overshoot my delay a bit.
I do it by the sound. Just get in a rhythm and then hit the A button as the last ding is sounding.

That's what I'm saying to you (try using sound as opposed to visual confirmation). I've used Pikatimer plenty of times myself, but couldn't keep a consistent working method for it. It really depends on how many programs I have running, and how often Pikatimer doesn't slow down. Overall, I just found that using the MP3 player worked well, and ultimately that's the goal - to find what works for you. ;)

Does anyone have any advice on hitting your delay correctly? I'm always -1 or +1 off and I can't seem to hit my delay anymore. I've done it twice before (yeah newbie here), but I can't seem to hit it anymore. After calibrating, I've got 17 seconds and a delay of 545. Should I just mash the A button for my calibration or just keep on going at a comfortable speed?

Does anyone have any advice on hitting your delay correctly? I'm always -1 or +1 off and I can't seem to hit my delay anymore. I've done it twice before (yeah newbie here), but I can't seem to hit it anymore. After calibrating, I've got 17 seconds and a delay of 545. Should I just mash the A button for my calibration or just keep on going at a comfortable speed?
Try Toast's timer, seriously. Calibration is unnecessary.

Also, thanks for the info guys, I'll attempt tomorrow, I had a basketball game to attend to. We won :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)