Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

2 queries

Wondercard Pokes - can I RNG for both flawless AND shininess? If so, any suggestions on where to look for spreads? Ranges of delay and frame are the primary data points I'm looking for

RNGReporter - does the 'Calculate Poketch taps' function also assume that you've verified your Seed with the Coin Trick? A la Shiny Egg Finder?

You can RNG for flawless IVs. Wondercards cannot be shiny, and the info for wondercards can be found on the first post, first page of this thread. It's the "Receiving Perfect Pokemon" link.

Arkadu - At your second question, I would assume so -- I personally don't use the coin flip trick to verify my Platinum seeds when JUST going for the Poketch taps. If you're using the Shiny Egg Finder, I don't know, but better safe than sorry, so I'd check anyway.

And I have a question of my own.

When I'm RNGing for Egg IVs, and I calibrate for the frame - do I have to do this EVERY time I RNG for a different egg? Or will I get the same frame each and every time? (I've only RNGed two eggs so far, and I've always had the frame of 8)

Okay so I'm going to SID/PID abuse my Diamond game. I have the seed I want and Ive already found a desired date and time along with a delay of 5731. I'm just kinda confused about what to input in Pikatimer? And when to start the timer? Can someone please provide some step-by-step instructions.

When I usually RNG for legendaries I input 480 as my calibrated, then the desired delay, then 14 sec for calibrated and 14 for wanted.

Okay so I'm going to SID/PID abuse my Diamond game. I have the seed I want and Ive already found a desired date and time along with a delay of 5731. I'm just kinda confused about what to input in Pikatimer? And when to start the timer? Can someone please provide some step-by-step instructions.

When I usually RNG for legendaries I input 480 as my calibrated, then the desired delay, then 14 sec for calibrated and 14 for wanted.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3007333&postcount=27725

Hey guys, I know this is "spam" or whatever but I'd just like to give a big thanks to ToastPlusOne for his timer (seriously, I love it, helps me so much), Riski for her noob guides that helped me back in the day, and any one else that contributes on this thread.

I appreciate it, and I'm sure others do.

Okay so I'm PID/SID abusing in Diamond and I'm trying to hit a delay of 5731 with my target time being 12:51:14 on 12/13/2010. I set Pikatimer to 600, 5731, 14, 14. I put my time two minutes before my target time as Pikatimer instructed. Then I start up the timer at the same time I set the clock. When the first countdown hits 0, I go into the game. Go through the introduction and as the second countdown hits 0 I should be pressing A on the Red Gyarados TV screen. Is this correct? Should I pick a larger target delay to give me extra seconds at the Red Gyarados screen?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Okay so I'm trying to hit a delay of 5731 with my target time being 12:51:14 on 12/13/2010. I set Pikatimer to 600, 5731, 14, 14. I put my time two minutes before my target time as Pikatimer instructed. Then I start up the timer at the same time I set the clock. When the first countdown hits 0, I go into the game. Go through the introduction and as the second countdown hits 0 I should be pressing A on the Red Gyarados TV screen. Is this correct? Should I pick a larger target delay to give me extra seconds at the Red Gyarados screen?
You soft reset at the end of the first timer and press continue at the end of the second.

I'm looking through Pandora's Box for an ID/SID combo that I want with a Timid hexflawless or Modest hexflawless PID, but one thing confuses me. I found the ID/SID I like, but both PIDs use the same seed and same ID/SID combo. Does that mean I'll get both the Timid hexflawless and Modest hexflawless spreads with that one ID/SID combo?

I'm entering both different PIDs, but the results are always the same for both. I can be searching with a 5700 delay to 5800 and I get the same ID/SID combos for both. How do I know if I'll get a Timid hexflawless or Modest hexflawless with the ID/SID combo I want?

Is it possible to RNG a Pokemon that can only be caught using the Pokeradar? If so how does this process differ from catching perfect IV wild pokemon?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm looking through Pandora's Box for an ID/SID combo that I want with a Timid hexflawless or Modest hexflawless PID, but one thing confuses me. I found the ID/SID I like, but both PIDs use the same seed and same ID/SID combo. Does that mean I'll get both the Timid hexflawless and Modest hexflawless spreads with that one ID/SID combo?

I'm entering both different PIDs, but the results are always the same for both. I can be searching with a 5700 delay to 5800 and I get the same ID/SID combos for both. How do I know if I'll get a Timid hexflawless or Modest hexflawless with the ID/SID combo I want?
You get both. They're different seeds.

in gbatemp's cheat database file for HG/SS, i saw some AR codes for viewing the current seed by pressing select and then checking the trainer card

the seed that is displayed isn't the initial seed, but only what i can guess is the modified seed after the frames are added to the mix

does anyone have experience with reading this kind of seed?
can one use this seed to figure out the initial seed?
can it be used to find out the current frame?

i haven't been able to find any documentation surrounding how to use this kind of seed information, but it seems like it could be something that winds up being a real time saver

I want to RNG a shiny perfect IV Trapinch on Route 228. I haven't gotten to that point yet but Serebii says Trapinch is only available using the Pokeradar.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.

yes, the timid and modest perfect spreads come together in one TID/SID.

Okay, so I'm trying to hatch a non-shiny Modest Horsea, but somehow the nature is incorrect every time I hatch it.

I set the date, time, delay etc. in Time Finder of the RNG Reporter. I then selected the nature, ability, gender and gender ratio and set the ID and SID to 00000 and 00000 respectively (obviously not my actual ID/SID). Finally, I checkmarked the International Parents and HGSS Shiny Egg boxes, generated and proceeded to hit my seed as usual.

Now I'm used to RNG breeding shiny eggs and have successfully done so many times, however I'm not so used to RNG breeding non-shiny eggs. So from the above info, can anyone tell me where I've gone wrong?

Okay, so I'm trying to hatch a non-shiny Modest Horsea, but somehow the nature is incorrect every time I hatch it.

I set the date, time, delay etc. in Time Finder of the RNG Reporter. I then selected the nature, ability, gender and gender ratio and set the ID and SID to 00000 and 00000 respectively (obviously not my actual ID/SID). Finally, I checkmarked the International Parents and HGSS Shiny Egg boxes, generated and proceeded to hit my seed as usual.

Now I'm used to RNG breeding shiny eggs and have successfully done so many times, however I'm not so used to RNG breeding non-shiny eggs. So from the above info, can anyone tell me where I've gone wrong?
Try with your actual sid/OT, but use the method on my guide to get a non-shiny. It involves using an adjacent seed instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)