Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Synchronizers can reduce the frame of a spread, but more importantly, make a spread that's normally impossible to reach with method J/K reachable. For example, the flawless spread with seed d2140289 is normally unreachable using method J, but a Timid synchronizer lets you reach it on frame 73.

The way the game works is like this:
When you encounter a wild Pokémon (including legendaries), the game rolls a random number between 0 and 24 - this becomes the wild Pokémon's nature. It then repeatedly generates Pokémon (technically just the PIDs) until it finds one with the correct nature (it doesn't actually modify the nature directly). This means that if there's another spread with the same nature as the one you're aiming at a few frames earlier, and no RNG value in between that tells the game to aim for your nature, the spread is unreachable.
A synchronizer simply gives you a 50% chance of having the random nature replaced by that of the synchronizer. That way, you can aim for a frame just before your spread (but after the one with the same nature), and have a 52% chance of the game selecting the correct nature (and hence hitting your spread).
It's a bit more complicated than this (for example, you specifically have to hit either an odd or even frame), but that's the basic gist.
Ah, I see. Thanks Wichu.

So, in your example.
PID: 7942ef72 (TIMID, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: d2140289 Method 1: 114, J (synch): 71, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 71, K (no synch): 87) HP DARK 70

The "J (synch)" or "K (synch)" refers to the minimum frame (up to the method 1 frame) where if you have a the correct synchronizer and are on that seed, you can get that spread then, correct?

Whereas, for the "J (no synch)" and "K (no synch)," refers to the frame in which you can get that spread without a synchronizer.

(And I presume Method K is used for HG/SS over Method J, right?)

When I tried to look it up on the RNG Reporter with the same spread, but with synch nature Timid and Any for nature, I get the Modest perfect spread. So, can I presume that the RNG Reporter is not correct then for looking up potential synchronize frames?

Also, do you have a page explaining the nitty-gritty of using the synchronizer. I'm actually very interested in getting more in depth about what you mean regarding an even or odd frame (although if you mean journal flips and walking 128 steps, I already know).

EDIT: Also, I was wondering if you intentionally removed the very very high frames from you PokeRNGDP program in the current version. I used your old version and actually gutted out the frame below for Palkia:

351924326F 6463b3ad (HASTY, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/30/31 (Seed: bf17029e Frame: 3380) HP STEEL 70 (Method J)

So, I guess this seed below is the exact same thing except the delay is much higher.
PID: 6463b3ad (HASTY, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/30/31 (Seed: d51701b7 Method 1: 114, J (synch): 25, J (no synch): 41, K (synch): 19, K (no synch): None) HP STEEL 70

Thanks again Wichu!

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok what the heck is going on ??? I was ID/SID abusing for hexflawless 7942ef72 (TIMID, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 .
My seed was 270516D1 found by pandora's box and delay was 5381. I chose a seconds value of 53. According to toast's advice I kept the second on his timer at 50(53-3). After some time I hit my delay but got some other seed 240516D1 to be precise. How can this be possible ???? My target year,month date are spot on and so is my minutes and seconds. I'm confused could someone help me out by telling whats happening ????
NOTE: The target time of my original seed is 5:2:53 and of this one it is 5:@:%0 whats going on ??????????????????????????????????????????????

Edit:got my answer from eep

EDIT: YEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I did it,I did it, I did it, I did it, I did it WOOH WHOOO..( takes a deep breath)

YES I finally ID/SID abused on my plat game

Plato TID 63948 SID 28669

Thanks to Toast it would have been impossible without your timer dude, Wild Eep for helping where Toast went wrong( minus 3 seconds, yeah right) and inventing that awesome app called ID finder and the entire smogon.
Yes now I also can own pokes like riski, winters, bakus and the rest.

Ah, I see. Thanks Wichu.

So, in your example.
PID: 7942ef72 (TIMID, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: d2140289 Method 1: 114, J (synch): 71, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 71, K (no synch): 87) HP DARK 70

The "J (synch)" or "K (synch)" refers to the minimum frame (up to the method 1 frame) where if you have a the correct synchronizer and are on that seed, you can get that spread then, correct?

Whereas, for the "J (no synch)" and "K (no synch)," refers to the frame in which you can get that spread without a synchronizer.

(And I presume Method K is used for HG/SS over Method J, right?)

When I tried to look it up on the RNG Reporter with the same spread, but with synch nature Timid and Any for nature, I get the Modest perfect spread. So, can I presume that the RNG Reporter is not correct then for looking up potential synchronize frames?

Also, do you have a page explaining the nitty-gritty of using the synchronizer. I'm actually very interested in getting more in depth about what you mean regarding an even or odd frame (although if you mean journal flips and walking 128 steps, I already know).

EDIT: Also, I was wondering if you intentionally removed the very very high frames from you PokeRNGDP program in the current version. I used your old version and actually gutted out the frame below for Palkia:

351924326F 6463b3ad (HASTY, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/30/31 (Seed: bf17029e Frame: 3380) HP STEEL 70 (Method J)

So, I guess this seed below is the exact same thing except the delay is much higher.
PID: 6463b3ad (HASTY, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/30/31 (Seed: d51701b7 Method 1: 114, J (synch): 25, J (no synch): 41, K (synch): 19, K (no synch): None) HP STEEL 70

Thanks again Wichu!
Yes, the J/K (synch) frame is the minimum frame needed to hit that spread with the correct-natured Synchronizer, and the J/K (no synch) frame is the minimum frame needed without a synchronizer (if possible). Some spreads cannot be hit even with a synchronizer (they can only be used for Pokémon that use method 1). It's impossible for a method J/K frame to be higher than a method 1 frame (the RNG only advances forwards; the method 1 frame could be thought of as the base frame).

Are you sure you put the same seed into RNG Reporter? The flawless spread at seed d2140289 should be always Timid - I suspect the seed in RNG Reporter is 52140289 instead. Having a Timid synchronizer doesn't stop you from getting non-Timid frames; in fact, as I'll explain in a bit, it can rarely make a non-Timid frame obtainable when it wouldn't have been before.

When you encounter a Pokémon, the game generates a random number between 0 and 24. It then repeatedly generates PIDs until a PID with the correct nature is found - as the PID uses 2 RNG calls, it advances 2 frames at a time here. This means that if you encounter a Pokémon on an odd frame, the method 1 frame of the result will always be even, and vice versa (as the game uses 1 RNG call to choose a nature, then advances 2 at a time).
When you use a synchronizer, the game first generates a random number to decide whether Synchronize activates. If this number is even, Synchronize activates, the game generates PIDs until one with the same nature as the synchronizer is found. Again, as this 'coin flip' requires 1 RNG call, the odd/even-ness of the method 1 frame you get will be the opposite of the method J/K frame. If the Synchronize random number is odd, it defaults back to the standard generation algorithm above. As it uses 2 RNG calls this time (1 for the Synchronize 'coin flip', and another for the nature), the odd/even-ness of the method 1 frame you land on will match the method J/K frame.

I didn't remove high frames; if you do an identical search, the frames should be the same for each version. The reason one of the frames is lower is, as you pointed out, because its delay is different. If you set a higher range of delays, you'll get more possible seeds. This means that on average, spreads will be closer to a seed, and hence the frames will be lower. The seed d51701b7 has a maximum delay of 439, making it impossible to hit; the other seed has a manageable delay of 571-670 (depending on the year). If you don't mind high frames, you can set the delay range low (for example, between 600 and 650); if you prefer lower frames, but can reach high delays (maybe by using a timer), you should set the delay range high (such as between 600 and 2000).

Anyone got a flawless Ditto I can have? It would make this process a lot quicker thats for sure, especially when it comes to hidden powers.

I'm trying for a shiny IV'd egg, but I'm a bit confused. Apparently, I have to pick a seed for the shininess, and hit that. Once I confirm that I get a shiny egg, what am I supposed to do? Reset and try for IV's? If I reset and try for a different seed that gives me the correct IV's, won't I lose the shininess?

I'm trying for a shiny IV'd egg, but I'm a bit confused. Apparently, I have to pick a seed for the shininess, and hit that. Once I confirm that I get a shiny egg, what am I supposed to do? Reset and try for IV's? If I reset and try for a different seed that gives me the correct IV's, won't I lose the shininess?
Save in front of the daycare man once the egg is generated. Hatch it to confirm that it's shiny. Then yes, use a different seed for the IVs. When you save the game after the egg is generated everything is set except for the IVs, those can either be soft reset for or RNG abused.

Save in front of the daycare man once the egg is generated. Hatch it to confirm that it's shiny. Then yes, use a different seed for the IVs. When you save the game after the egg is generated everything is set except for the IVs, those can either be soft reset for or RNG abused.
Ah, so the PID is generated as soon as the man has the egg, but the IV's are generated upon egg collection. Thanks, your answer really clarified things for me.

Hey guys. I've been trying to RNG a perfect IV draco meteor jirachi off my wonder card in platinum, but it's been giving me a bit of trouble. I keep getting different hidden powers every time, so I feel like I'm messing this up in a different way each time. When I catch a pokemon in the wild and enter its stats I get the correct seed but I get 18 seconds and 597/599 delay from RNG Reporter. I should be getting 15 seconds and 603 delay. Anyone know what's up? Am I soft resetting too early/late, or is it just NPC RNG?

My target seed is 52140289, and my target frame is 116. I can't really check IVs since it's level 5 and I don't have that many rare candies.

Edit: my latest coin flip test went htthhhttth, but RNG Reporter says I should get thhtthhhth

Also, how do I display all of the frames near my frame with RNG reporter? I feel like that would be helpful to see what's going wrong. The guy in this video has them listed at 8:48.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2WHU8cuE1s&playnext=1&list=PL95162D91D23C17EF

Geno: Enter in your seed in the main window of RNG Reporter, select Method Wondercard and hit generate. A list should appear.

Your problem though is your seconds AND delays are off - you haven't even advanced your frames yet. Are you using some kind of timer? I suggest downloading toastplusone's timer or pikatimer to get you started :)

I've been going by my laptop's clock, but I did use an online timer the past couple attempts since I don't have to wait for the clock to hit 60 seconds.

Alright, I downloaded this pikatimer thing but I don't totally understand how it works and the help documentation didn't help much either. If my calibrated delay is 603 and seconds is 15 I put those in for the calibrated fields, right? What's the deal with the other two fields?

Thanks for the help!

Calibrated = what you got from calibration process.

Target = what you want to hit. In your case, I think your target is 603/15 and your calibrated = you don't know. For Platinum, I think it's safe to presume that you can just put calibrated delay = 600 and calibrated seconds = 15. On another note, Toastplusone's timer is better and the one I personally recommend :) It won't matter, but most people hit their delay and stuff much quicker with toastplusone's timer.

Also...with wondercard pokemon like you're trying to abuse for...in DPPt you won't have the ability to check your delay with coinflips before advancing your frame. I suggest adjusting the timer until you can consistently hit your delay and then once you do that start to advance your frame >.> Wondercards are a pain in DPPt. I'm sorry :/

Okay so, I'm RNGing for a jolly swinub. My egg is on frame 5, and my seed is 2614026B. My delay I'm trying to hit is 608, and I don't need to advance the frame at all. This will give me a jolly swinub 31/31/31/X/31/31. I hit my delay, and I verified it with coin flips, but somehow, the IVs came out all screwy. Any idea what went wrong?

EDIT: this is in Pokemon Platinum

Why don't you need to advance the frame at all? Have you checked the save frame you're on? Most likely you got a different save frame then what you calibrated for.

In order to verify what you hit, enter the IVs and relevant information of the swinub in RNG Reporter's "Seed Finder" This will tell you what frame you hit and what delay you hit :)

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When RNG'ing in the Great Marsh, how would you get the Binocular Pokes?
Such as Shroomish and stuff.
Binocular Pokemon occupy Encounter Slots 6 and 7 when you view them through the binoculars before entering the Great marsh, so just find a frame with encounter slots 6 and 7 when you're going for them. Look through the binoculars until you find the Pokemon you want, you may have to save and change the time to 23:59 and let the minute pass to 00:00 and the next day to change the Pokemon that appear in the binoculars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)