Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Those guides are outdated. Sweet Scent doesn't actually give a +1 frame advancement; that was caused by older RNG Reporters not keeping track of extra RNG calls for encounter slots. All you have to do now is select the correct Encounter Type for the job. (Wild is the default, so you're okay for this.)

Also, are you riding your bike when you Sweet Scent?
Ok then :) thanks for the update. So just to clarify, Sweet Scent doesn't give +1 frame adv so does that mean it actually gives +2, or no frame adv at all? Sorry if this is a silly qs just want to be sure!

Also yep I'v been on my bike while Sweet Scenting.

Ok then :) thanks for the update. So just to clarify, Sweet Scent doesn't give +1 frame adv so does that mean it actually gives +2, or no frame adv at all? Sorry if this is a silly qs just want to be sure!

I always go to one under my target frame then sweet scent and that works just fine. :)

Sweet scent doesn't advance the frame at all. Before a battle begins, the game has to make a call to the RNG to determine the encounter slot, PID, etc. That's what advances the frame, not sweet scent.

Also, Mac, with the new RNG Reporter, you don't need to advance to 1 frame before; just advance to your target frame and sweet scent. :]

Okay, so I'm doing Honey Tree abuse in Platinum:

I'm in Floaroma Meadow.
Initial seed is DF100263.

I advance to frame 155 (my last Chatot call was from from 155, at least) and I slather honey on the tree. 6 hours later I get no shaking, and and an Aipom. I was expecting the tree to shake somewhat vigorously and to encounter a Heracross. What happened? I'm looking at researcher, and I can't seem to figure out what frame I hit.

Hey guys, I'm trying to RNG a Zapdos with HP Ice. I've hit my seed consistently for a while now, but every time I advance the frame with Elm calls, the sequence I get is nowhere to be found in the RNG Reporter. I've done everything, I'm on Method K, but it's still not working. I've already RNG'd a stationary legendary, but it was months ago. I've tried different seeds, yet everytime the Elm calls didn't match.

My seed : FD11442F
The spread I want is on frame 84.
My delay is 17444.

Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong? 'cause this is getting really frustrating...

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't bother with the roamers myself, but from what I've heard from other people, they tend to give false positives if your search range is too wide. Alternately, if you're in an area with moving NPCs or something like that, it may be advancing your frame past the range you're searching.

I don't think there are any NPCs where Zapdos is. And I tried looking for the Elms calls I got, and couldn't find them at all. I think I could kill the roamers if it still doesn't work.
Thanks for your help!

Hey guys, I'm trying to RNG a Zapdos with HP Ice. I've hit my seed consistently for a while now, but every time I advance the frame with Elm calls, the sequence I get is nowhere to be found in the RNG Reporter. I've done everything, I'm on Method K, but it's still not working. I've already RNG'd a stationary legendary, but it was months ago. I've tried different seeds, yet everytime the Elm calls didn't match.

My seed : FD11442F
The spread I want is on frame 84.
My delay is 17444.

Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong? 'cause this is getting really frustrating...
If it's not the roamers, maybe you have the box "odd/even should match the seed's delay" checked? In Gen 4 you can only hit odd or even delays. Maybe you're hitting odd delays, but you don't know because seed to time is only showing you the even ones.

I just verified and it's not checked. I just tried again and got those weird Elm calls results again. =/ I really don't get it. I guess I could try another seed again.

I just verified and it's not checked. I just tried again and got those weird Elm calls results again. =/ I really don't get it. I guess I could try another seed again.
Did you complete the prerequisites for using Elm calls to verify your seed (showed him the togepi egg, been to Kanto, and shown Nurse Joy a Pokemon that has been infected with Pokerus)? If you didn't, then your elm calls are going to be off and you have to use Juggler Irwin to verify your seed. Maybe you never showed pokerus to Nurse Joy?

I did, I've already RNG'ed Suicune a long time ago. That's why I don't understand why it's not working this time.

Well, that's part of the reason. If you go to the time finder and search for a BCC 31/31/31/x/31/31 ability 1 Adamant spread with slot 8, the only results you'll get require a Cute Charm lead. And nothing with CC can learn sweet scent, unless you mimic glitch it.
I do plan on Mimic glitching, so I don't think that'd be too much of a problem. I'm confused by Cute Charm though: does that do the same thing as Synchronize? Will I have to hit a crazy high frame with Cute Charm?

Please give us the seed, elm calls you are getting, delay you want to hit, position of roamers b4 attempting to hit your seed, and their positions after you hit your seed.

I wish more people would do this and take the guess work out for us.

Sweet scent doesn't advance the frame at all. Before a battle begins, the game has to make a call to the RNG to determine the encounter slot, PID, etc. That's what advances the frame, not sweet scent.

Also, Mac, with the new RNG Reporter, you don't need to advance to 1 frame before; just advance to your target frame and sweet scent. :]
I use 9.94 and I have to advance to one frame before my target and then when I sweet scent, I end up getting the Pokemon with everything I want. So it's advancing the frame right before a battle begins. So if my target is 75, I chatter to 74 then it goes +1 after the sweet scent.

I do plan on Mimic glitching, so I don't think that'd be too much of a problem. I'm confused by Cute Charm though: does that do the same thing as Synchronize? Will I have to hit a crazy high frame with Cute Charm?
I don't know the in-depth effects of Cute Charm, all I know is that if RNG Reporter tells me to use it as a lead that's what I do :P

Why would you have to hit a crazy high frame? Just hit the frame Time Finder tells you too; it's possible that the target frame will be high, but the same is true for frames that require a synchronizer.

I use 9.94 and I have to advance to one frame before my target and then when I sweet scent, I end up getting the Pokemon with everything I want. So it's advancing the frame right before a battle begins. So if my target is 75, I chatter to 74 then it goes +1 after the sweet scent.
That's strange; I just advance to my target frame and it works perfectly :)

I'm with Princess of Johto for this one, I get whatever is listed for a particular frame when I use Sweet Scent ON that frame. I'm using RNGReporter v9.94 too.

BTW Omegadonut posted this earlier in reply to my post along these lines:

"Those guides are outdated. Sweet Scent doesn't actually give a +1 frame advancement; that was caused by older RNG Reporters not keeping track of extra RNG calls for encounter slots."

hi this will be my first in RNG...

so direct to the point, i have satisfied the prerequisites of "before RNGing" like show elm the hatch togepi, kill roamers, and beat E4 and reach kanto... what is most difficult is the pokerus...

is there a way to RNG in heart gold without the hardway of pokerus? if the pokerus is really needed, is there someone here willing to share one poke w/ pokerus, in order for me to show to the pokecenter and fulfill the requirement. after that i will return the poke with pokerus. immediately.

^ thanks bro... will try juggler irwin then... i was about to trade my precious kanto GYM TM's away for a pokemon with pokerus but thanks to your posts i was saved... :D

anyway got a riolu? mind sharing 1? doesnt matter what the nature is or the IVs i really like riolu...

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Here's how I remember Irwin's calls, if it helps:

E: "something something escapades"
K: "I'm so glad you called (kalled)"
P: The one that's not those two.

Also, if you want Pokérus, then you can get it easily through Pokécheck.

Hi I need a bit of advice on rng latios roaming in soul silver. I have two other roamers still roaming I killed off latios and just battled elite four again and I have saved just before advancing to lance (hope I've done everything right so far). I haven't searched for seed yet had to breed fast gengar with mean look. Anyway I guess I need timid hp fire latias seed. So can I use elm and joey to advance frame? Will I start from frame 3 I have only just started rng. I've just done my wondercards so far thought I'd try a roaming latios. Any help would be great I haven't use radio before to advance frames so just asking for tips cheers

So in 4th Gen I am trying to breed a Pokemon and I am doing the usual as I have RNG breed before and many times, but for some reason I can only hit the delays 1387 and 1401. My target delay is 1393 and I am updating my calibrated delay after each time. But no matter what my calibrated delay is, I get 1387 and 1401. They switch off though. It will be one then I will calibrate and it will be the other. My calibrated delay is never the same either. And it has done this with about 3 seeds where it will just bounce back and forth between 2 delays that aren't even close to my target delay. Any help?

Hi I need a bit of advice on rng latios roaming in soul silver. I have two other roamers still roaming I killed off latios and just battled elite four again and I have saved just before advancing to lance (hope I've done everything right so far). I haven't searched for seed yet had to breed fast gengar with mean look. Anyway I guess I need timid hp fire latias seed. So can I use elm and joey to advance frame? Will I start from frame 3 I have only just started rng. I've just done my wondercards so far thought I'd try a roaming latios. Any help would be great I haven't use radio before to advance frames so just asking for tips cheers
You have to use the radio to advance frames and roamers to confirm the seed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 12)