Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

When do you try to launch your game or when do you load your saved for Eon Timer? Do you wait until the 1 disappears and you're in miliseconds, or do you try to be as close to 0 as possible? I feel like sometimes I'm right next to it, and other times I'm 30 away, but I'm always pressing it sub 1 second.

How long does it take most people to hit their seed?

Also I got a seed that is the right delay, but the wrong seed. Did my frame get advanced or something? I got a seed with 00:58:47 instead of 00:58:48 but with the same delay of 677.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
When do you try to launch your game or when do you load your saved for Eon Timer? Do you wait until the 1 disappears and you're in miliseconds, or do you try to be as close to 0 as possible? I feel like sometimes I'm right next to it, and other times I'm 30 away, but I'm always pressing it sub 1 second.

How long does it take most people to hit their seed?

Also I got a seed that is the right delay, but the wrong seed. Did my frame get advanced or something? I got a seed with 00:58:47 instead of 00:58:48 but with the same delay of 677.
Hit the timer exactly when it reaches 0. Having both audio and visual on at the same time helps a lot.

Experienced RNGers can hit within +-4 delay whenever they want. For example, I can usually hit my delay 1/3 of the time.

If you hit your delay, but got the wrong seed, then either your second is off or your date is off.

Ok so I've heard its possible to use Juggler Irwin to confirm your delay/seed in HG/SS. IS this true? If so, how does his responses match up to Elm's responses?

Hello

Does anyone here have the old Emerald-compatible version of PokeRNG? If so could you please reupload it? I am trying to RNG starters in Pokemon Sapphire and I need to be able to find certain seeds that have very high frame numbers.

Also, can someone please tell me which natures you can get hex-flawless as method 1 in Gen III? In my experiments I have seen Calm, Docile, Modest & Timid. I also saw someone claim on the internet that Naive was one. Are there any hex flawless method 1 spreads for Adamant/Jolly natures in Gen III and if not what are the closest to flawless spreads for those respective natures?

Thanks for reading

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Hello

Does anyone here have the old Emerald-compatible version of PokeRNG? If so could you please reupload it? I am trying to RNG starters in Pokemon Sapphire and I need to be able to find certain seeds that have very high frame numbers.

Also, can someone please tell me which natures you can get hex-flawless as method 1 in Gen III? In my experiments I have seen Calm, Docile, Modest & Timid. I also saw someone claim on the internet that Naive was one. Are there any hex flawless method 1 spreads for Adamant/Jolly natures in Gen III and if not what are the closest to flawless spreads for those respective natures?

Thanks for reading
Frankly, PokeRNG is useless if you can run RNG Reporter. I used it to RNG my Emerald starter.
Anyway, if you're abusing starters, you probably won't want to hit "very high frames". Anything above 12 minutes will drive you insane without battle videos, and depending on the person, that time can be a LOT lower.

Frankly, PokeRNG is useless if you can run RNG Reporter. I used it to RNG my Emerald starter.
Anyway, if you're abusing starters, you probably won't want to hit "very high frames". Anything above 12 minutes will drive you insane without battle videos, and depending on the person, that time can be a LOT lower.
Hello

I am using an emulator...Not only that, but I need to randomly access specific frames beacuse I am also using the method Tombstoner mentioned here to RNG flawless spreads without waiting. I already got Modest hex-flawless starters but I want Adamant/Jolly hex-flawless or as close to that as possible. That is why I need the answers to my previous questions.

Edit - I no longer need PokeRNG. I have acheived ID/SID manipulation and RNG manipulation in Sapphire and Fire Red with the help of RNGReporter. However I would still appreciate if someone who knows can answer my question about the spreads. I guess hex-flawless method 1 Adamant is'nt possible in Gen III/IV. But 31/31/31/24/31/31 is.

How to use EonTimer with DSi

I'm trying to rng in SS but i don't know how to use EonTimer with a DSi? I was wondering if anyone could show me how, please. I tried searching the web but it didn't come up with anything.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Hello

I am using an emulator...Not only that, but I need to randomly access specific frames beacuse I am also using the method Tombstoner mentioned here to RNG flawless spreads without waiting. I already got Modest hex-flawless starters but I want Adamant/Jolly hex-flawless or as close to that as possible. That is why I need the answers to my previous questions.

Edit - I no longer need PokeRNG. I have acheived ID/SID manipulation and RNG manipulation in Sapphire and Fire Red with the help of RNGReporter. However I would still appreciate if someone who knows can answer my question about the spreads. I guess hex-flawless method 1 Adamant is'nt possible in Gen III/IV. But 31/31/31/24/31/31 is.
If you're going to RAM hack, why not just whip out Enciclopedia Pokemon [sic] and hack yourself one? It's just as unlegit, and easier too.

General question for:

1. 4th Gen Stationary Pokemon Captures
2. 5th Gen Roaming Pokemon Captures

Does having a different ID change the seeds that show up in RNG Reporter? If you don't care about shiny seeds, that is.

From what I've seen, it doesn't, but I could be wrong.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
4th gen has PID tied to IVs. You WILL have to RNG a TID/SID combo that works for your desired spread, and you're not likely to get multiple good spreads shiny without starting a new save.

4th gen has PID tied to IVs. You WILL have to RNG a TID/SID combo that works for your desired spread, and you're not likely to get multiple good spreads shiny without starting a new save.
Let's say I want to go after a 31/2/31/30/31/31 Bold Suicune with HP Grass. I don't want it to be shiny. I know that the ID/SID combo matters to find good shiny spreads, but are you saying that it also matters in finding good non-shiny spreads? Because I typed in random IDs in RNG Reporter just to test and got the same results every time.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh for non-shiny then you're fine. All spreads would be possible.

Edit: To clarify, all 2^32 Method 1 spreads are possible. Some nature/IV combinations do not exist in the wild ever.

A couple questions:

I'm using zomgtimer to try and RNG my TID/SID in Platinum.

Using the timer, both my seconds and my delay seem to be all over the place. Out of curiosity, your TID/SID is created when you press A on the final television screen, yes? The only way I can figure that my seconds have been off while using a timer is if it's created once you CAN press A. I guess I need some professional help.

Question on Chained Shiny RNg in D/P/Pl: I want to try Chained Shiny RNG but do you have to ID/SID abuse to get the shinies with good IVs or is it that the ID does not matter ie. the actual Shiny patch gives you shininess?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)