Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm trying to use infinite search on Pandora's box to find a compatible ID/SID for a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Timid spread, but I noticed that when I take the ID and SID from the Pandora's Box results and put them into the time finder, my desired 31 all Timid spread doesn't show up as a shiny spread for that set of ID/SID. Did I forget a step, or is this supposed to happen?

Edit: NVM. Figured it out.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is a bug report instead of a question...

The main window and the Emerald egg IV tab on the 3rd gen Time Finder do not match each other. I did get an egg that matched the desired IVs that were entered in the Time Finder. The main window found the spread, while the Time Finder did not.

Edit: It probably has to do with less than 3 IVs being inherited...

Hi, I have a question. I understand the concept of Emerald's RNG, but I am trying to hit Frame 2361 for a hatched Snorlax, and it is so agonizing. I've spent 2 days trying to hit this frame and I am having no luck. It seems like I am hitting both regular frames as well as split frames. Is there any way I can improve on my timing to hit the frame? Any tips at all? I've been using Emloop as a countdown for when I should press "A" to claim the egg.

Hi, I have a question. I understand the concept of Emerald's RNG, but I am trying to hit Frame 2361 for a hatched Snorlax, and it is so agonizing. I've spent 2 days trying to hit this frame and I am having no luck. It seems like I am hitting both regular frames as well as split frames. Is there any way I can improve on my timing to hit the frame? Any tips at all? I've been using Emloop as a countdown for when I should press "A" to claim the egg.
Which timer are you using? I suggest Toast's Eon Timer. You can enter the frames you hit and the timer will adjust to help you hit your target. If you're already using Eon Timer... not sure. Just keep trying and be as precise as possible.

When exactly are you pressing A, btw?

Which timer are you using? I suggest Toast's Eon Timer. You can enter the frames you hit and the timer will adjust to help you hit your target. If you're already using Eon Timer... not sure. Just keep trying and be as precise as possible.

When exactly are you pressing A, btw?
I've been using Emloop, but yesterday I switched to Eon's timer. Here is some more information if needed:

Desired Offspring:

IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 18 / 31 / 13 (Frame 2361)

The parents that I am using for this are:

Parent A:
Male
IVs: x / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / x

Parent B:
Female
IVs: (random, irrelevant towards frame 2361)

Also, when I start, I press A (while holding down the rest of the SR buttons) as close as I can to when I start the countdown. When I claim the egg, I press A when the old man says "take care of it" as close as I can to when the countdown hits 0. This isn't the first time I RNGed, I've usually had to spend somewhere between a few minutes to a few hours to get the spread that I want. And I still have not gotten the frame I want for my Curselax.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
I've been using Emloop, but yesterday I switched to Eon's timer. Here is some more information if needed:

Also, when I start, I press A (while holding down the rest of the SR buttons) as close as I can to when I start the countdown. When I claim the egg, I press A when the old man says "take care of it" as close as I can to when the countdown hits 0. This isn't the first time I RNGed, I've usually had to spend somewhere between a few minutes to a few hours to get the spread that I want. And I still have not gotten the frame I want for my Curselax.
A lot of people are going to blast me for this suggestion, but why not use a regular stopwatch? I find that fancy timer programs only break my concentration when hitting target frames at 60FPS. A good old-fashioned stopwatch should do the trick; I use my old Nokia's stopwatch app myself.

Also, instead of starting the timer when you press A, start it when you release A.

A lot of people are going to blast me for this suggestion, but why not use a regular stopwatch? I find that fancy timer programs only break my concentration when hitting target frames at 60FPS. A good old-fashioned stopwatch should do the trick; I use my old Nokia's stopwatch app myself.

Also, instead of starting the timer when you press A, start it when you release A.
Ok. So can I hold down the A button as long as I want and then let go as I start the timer, or does it not work like that? Also, would you recommend a stopwatch starting at 0, or a countdown ending at 0?

Update: Gah, I just hit Frame 2360...When I hit it too early, I JUST miss the frame, but when I hit it late, it's always pretty off.

Ok. So can I hold down the A button as long as I want and then let go as I start the timer, or does it not work like that? Also, would you recommend a stopwatch starting at 0, or a countdown ending at 0?

Update: Gah, I just hit Frame 2360...When I hit it too early, I JUST miss the frame, but when I hit it late, it's always pretty off.
It's luck and precision.
Edit: also suggest to use eontimer
Hi
What are the seeds again for the Modest & Timid all 31 IV for Platinum.
Doing a replay but can't seem to find the seeds.
That dont exist...
jk

PID: F9426F72(input into Pandora)
Seed: 52140289

Nah, why would we do that? :p

That's actually an interesting suggestion. I'll try a stopwatch and your tip about A when I (if I) go back to Emerald RNG. Thanks!

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!

The RNG seed is set to 0 as soon as the white starts disappearing. You can hold down the soft reset combo for as long as you want, but the first release of a button is what starts the RNG.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
The RNG seed is set to 0 as soon as the white starts disappearing. You can hold down the soft reset combo for as long as you want, but the first release of a button is what starts the RNG.
It appears that using this method will give you a 5 frame variance based on the fraction of a second when you let go. It takes 5 frames for the next SR to happen.

How long does it usually take people to RNG manipulate through breeding? I FINALLY hit the frame I wanted for Snorlax. Now, I'm trying to hit Frame 2391 for a hatched Feebas and I can already sense that this is going to take just as long.

Also, is it ever possible for a frame to 100% of the time hit the split frame of itself? If so, how could one remedy this? I think I've been hitting either Frame 2391S or 2392 frequently.

Ok, so I'm trying to RNG my ID/SID number in HeartGold.
To be more specific, I am trying to get the ID number 13337 and the SID number 13494, which are at seed 970A1516, at delay 5385. This is in order to have both a cool-looking ID number and an ID/SID combination which will allow me to use the Cute Charm exploit.

However, I am running into problems. I put the correct seed in Seed To Time and put 3 as the seconds (so that I could just leave 0 as the Target Sec. in EonTimer.) All good so far, right?
The problem is that even with what appears to be the correct values, I hit ID/SID combinations that are at 1 second less than my target.
The ID/SID RNGing guide told me that I had to deduct 3 from my target's second to use as my Target Sec. in EonTimer. This held true when I RNGed for a specific ID number in SoulSilver two hours and a half ago, since I had zero problems there (took me ~20-25 minutes and I was done.)

Another thing: as I stated above, my target is at delay 5385. I chose 2013 06 24 10:04:03 as the date/time for my target.
I pressed A at the end of the intro sequence, as the second timer ended. I looked at my ID, and since it wasn't the one I was looking for, I entered it in Pandora's Box in order to see how close I was to my target. To my surprise, it had hit delay 5385 (the same as my target), but at 2 seconds while my target is at 3 seconds. How is that possible?

Furthermore, Pandora's Box gives me a different result for the delay when I do a search in the Shiny PID section, and past experience from RNGing my ID in Platinum and in SoulSilver taught me that Seed To Time's delay was the correct one (this is the same delay that the Seed Finder section of Pandora's box uses, and that delay is what allowed me to get the right ID in Platinum and in SoulSilver.)

So I am certain that delay 5385 is the correct delay for my ID/SID number, yet when I hit that delay on the correct date, hours and minutes, it gave me a different result, with a different seed and with 1 less second than what I want.

Does anyone know what is going wrong? Because I am seriously confused right now.
Thanks in advance for the answers!

Edit: My SoulSilver is Japanese, while my HeartGold is English. Is there any kind of difference between Japanese HG/SS and English HG/SS that could cause this?
Note: I am using a DS Lite for my RNGing purposes.

I have a question. I'm trying to calibrate on my HG game and one guide I looked at said that you have to hold start, select and L when your waiting for the next minute to roll over or something like that and then press R. The problem is the R button is broken on my DS lite and I was wondering if this is really necessary? Can't I just press a to mash through the screens?

So I am certain that delay 5385 is the correct delay for my ID/SID number, yet when I hit that delay on the correct date, hours and minutes, it gave me a different result, with a different seed and with 1 less second than what I want.

Does anyone know what is going wrong? Because I am seriously confused right now.
Thanks in advance for the answers!

Edit: My SoulSilver is Japanese, while my HeartGold is English. Is there any kind of difference between Japanese HG/SS and English HG/SS that could cause this?
Note: I am using a DS Lite for my RNGing purposes.
Have you tried adding 1 more second to either your calibrated second or target second?

I have a question. I'm trying to calibrate on my HG game and one guide I looked at said that you have to hold start, select and L when your waiting for the next minute to roll over or something like that and then press R. The problem is the R button is broken on my DS lite and I was wondering if this is really necessary? Can't I just press a to mash through the screens?
I think you're referring to the soft-reset, i believe you have to resort to manually pressing A to boot up your game on your DS main menu as an alternative to pressing R.

Have you tried adding 1 more second to either your calibrated second or target second?

I think you're referring to the soft-reset, i believe you have to resort to manually pressing A to boot up your game on your DS main menu as an alternative to pressing R.
I prefer the a button over the r button anyway, thanks.

Do I really need to do the whole start-select-L thing as well? It just seems kinda messy imo.

I prefer the a button over the r button anyway, thanks.

Do I really need to do the whole start-select-L thing as well? It just seems kinda messy imo.
No, never ever do that. Calibrating through soft resets gives you a higher calibrated delay. Just start the game from the menu after setting the clock.

I have tried adding 1 more to my target second, but I would sometimes end up getting results that are 1 second more than my target when I did this.
I'm going to try adding 1 second to my calibrated second, see if it does the trick.
(Thanks for the help btw!)

Edit: I don't think adding 1 to the calibrated second is going to do anything; All it does is make me hit a delay ~60 higher than my target, forcing me to increase the calibrated delay, then I start getting the same results as before.

Okay, I am very confused with this. I have been trying to catch a Shuppet on Frame 1634 in Emerald. Since it would be a Calm Nature, I bred an Abra with Calm and Synchronize. I then went to Mt. Pyre and put the Abra in my first party slot. Using Roselia as my sweet scenter, she has about a 4.8 second delay when using sweet scent so I took that into account.

Frame 1634 is at 27.23 seconds, so I subtracted 4.8 from that and got 22.43 seconds. Now the Calm frame right before the Calm frame that I want to hit is about .3 seconds before it, so I figured I should probably be aiming to activate sweet scent at 22.50 seconds in. So that is exactly what I did. I find Shuppet, catch it, check it's nature, it is Calm, and then check it's IVs. It turns out I hit Frame 1687, which is 4 Calm frames (.88 seconds) after the one that I wanted. I thought I made a mistake so I tried again. And the same exact thing happened.

I decided to subtract .88 from 22.43 and I got 21.55 seconds. So now, I soft reset, and use sweet scent at 21.48 seconds (which was probably off anyway), and guess what? I STILL hit Frame 1687 three times in a row. Did I do something wrong? If not, someone should look into this.

Edit: Make that FOUR times in a row.

Edit: Ok, I have now hit an impossible frame. The closest possible frame I could have hit was 6659 when I was aiming for 1474 this time instead of 1634.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)