Team MPL VI - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Hosts: Omega-Xis and myself
mpl6-banner.png

banner by Yours Truly

Welcome to the sixth installment of Monotype Premier League! Monotype's best will be battling across four different generations in order to bring their teams victory.

This thread may be used for tournament discussion. A bit of humor and memes is fine, but Omega and I will make sure anything nasty or in poor taste is dealt with.

Remember: if you cannot be active for a majority of the tournament, then do not sign up.

The format for MPL VI is the following:
  • SS Monotype
  • SS Monotype
  • SS Monotype
  • SM Monotype
  • SM Monotype
  • ORAS Monotype
  • BW Monotype
  • Multigen Bo3 (BW/ORAS/SM/SS)
The managers and teams for this year's Monotype Premier League are:
Havens and Zar - Blackthorn Bucks :sawsbuck-summer:
Kev and Izaya - Dreamyard Darkrais :darkrai:
Chaitanya and Zap - Goldenrod Gengars :gengar:
maroon and Harpp - Hau'oli Houndooms :houndoom:
Sabella and 1 True Lycan - Hearthome Honchkrows :honchkrow:
Attribute and Ridley - Meteor Falls Miniors :minior:
Decem and Perish Song - Mirage Island Milotics :milotic:
Wanka and LuckyPiper - Trick House Treeckos :treecko:

Rules

All battles MUST be played either on Pokémon Showdown! or Smogtours (smogtours.psim.us). No exceptions will be granted if another server is used.

Regular Season
:
The regular season will consist of 7 round robin weeks where each team will play the other 7 teams one at a time. There are 8 matches each round, so ties are a possibility. Each week win is 2 points, a tie is 1 point, and a loss is 0 and will be recorded on the spreadsheet.

Playoffs:
The top 4 teams with the best records will move on into the playoff bracket where the #1 seed will play the #4 seed and the #2 will play the #3. The two victors will move on to the finals, with the victor of that week ultimately crowned the first MPL VI Champion!

*IMPORTANT*
Playoff requirements will mirror that of MPL V where your overall score will be comprised of week wins and total wins. Each week win is 2 points, a tie is 1 point, and a loss is 0 and will be recorded on the spreadsheet. Playoffs will come down to week wins, total wins, and then a bo3 tiebreaker.

Tiebreaker:
The tiebreaker will consist of 3 games: 1 SS Mono, the other 2 each being chosen by the participating teams.

Substitutions:
If a captain wishes to substitute a player for an inactive one in the lineup, you must post in the week's thread who is subbing in for who. In addition, please make the post highlight the opponent and their Captain so everyone is aware of the substitution that has occurred. If Omega and I feel that you are trying to gain an unfair advantage with your substitute, we hold the right to veto it.

Pre-Week Battling:
Because there is a set schedule generated at the beginning of the season, it is possible to accurately guess what players you will be facing in any given week. However, because the next week’s rosters are not set in stone until the day before the next week, there is no telling what a manager will do with regards to who they slot in one spot… especially if they have more than one player in any given tier. Asking to battle early for future weeks is essentially asking the opposing manager to short themselves options and forces them to make their roster early, perhaps without all of the knowledge they might have gleaned over the course of the week. Due to this, battling early for future weeks is not allowed. Do not ask to battle early for a future week. You will be denied. No exceptions. This is what you have substitutes for.

Trades:
Teams may trade players with each other at any point during the regular season. In order to complete a trade, both involved managers must submit a PM to a host detailing which player(s) on their team they are trading away, as well as which players they are receiving as compensation. Trades are finalized at the end of the week they are conducted in. In addition, due to potential conflicts of interest, any players involved in trades must be substituted out of the week they’re involved in a trade. There will be no trades allowed following the conclusion of Week 3. Trades become finalized with host approval; managers may bring up a trade for veto within 24 hours of the trade being made and the hosts will review the trade and re-finalize or veto the trade.

Activity Decisions:
There will be times when a game is not completed. In these instances, Omega and I will undertake our duty as hosts to make a thorough investigation. If both sides made no effort or have tried to make every effort but could still not make the match happen, the match will simply result in a no contest. If one side made considerably more of an effort to get the match scheduled and done, that player will be awarded a win. Here are some things you can do to ensure that you do not lose your match via activity: Immediately leave your opponent a VM on their profile after you receive the highlight, do not miss you and your opponent’s schedule time, provide your opponent with concrete times (and your timezone) when you can be reached and reply to your opponent’s VM if they contacted you before you were able to contact them. We highly recommend scheduling via Smogon profile walls only as this is public information and strengthens our ability to make accurate activity calls. Scheduling via Discord or Smogon private messages is not public to the hosts.

Reverse Rulings:
Rulings will not be reversed unless it is immediately appealed and Omega and I overlooked a critical piece of evidence. After it is posted in the Administration thread, we reserve the right to reverse the judgment within 12 hours of the decision going public in order to get the best outcome of each situation.

Bo3 Order:
The first game of the Bo3 will be locked in each week. Omega and I will generate a !pr with the four playable tiers, and the tier that is picked will be locked in. The loser of game 1 will pick the tier for game 2 and the loser of game 2 will pick the tier for game 3 if game 3 is necessary.

Other general smogon tournament rules apply, any evidence of violating them will result in an immediate ban.

The draft will be occurring on (insert date and time here)!

Hey, so under a week ago I was approached by Omega, the host of this tournament, asking if I'd be able to manage this year around. Obviously, my answer was a yes. I enjoy these tournaments, and am very passionate about the mono community, despite the leadership attempting to force me out time and time again.
[2020-05-26]
[23:20:39] Omega: do you plan to manage this year/have the same co-manager or have you came up with different plans
[23:20:53] Fylkir Pudin: i plan to manage the Wormadams
[23:20:58] Fylkir Pudin: eien doesnt wanna manage afaik
[23:21:05] Fylkir Pudin: so i might find a new co
[23:21:12] Omega: ah
What disheartens me even more is that less than a week later, I find out, after previously being asked out of nowhere if I'd be managing, that I am no longer a choice for manager. Now I'd truly understand this if I'd previously had terrible runs in MPL, but I've managed zero times and achieved nothing. I'm passionate about managing for a section's premier league, whose leadership clearly doesn't want me here.

I'm told that I'm not a better choice than any of the managers, which makes no sense. I have consistent results every year, I've shown dedication to this community time and time again. The only thing that's happened since that Omega PM a week ago, is me questioning the format selection of the tournament. This understandably put Ticken in kind of an awkward position, which he got a lot of criticism for, so he flipped his position and allowed the managers to decide.

If it wasn't clear enough, The leadership always intended to include me prior to our disagreement over formats. Here is Ticken involving me in choosing the art for the tournament lol. Why would he do this if he planned to exclude me. It makes no sense. It was a last second decision, in which he let personal biases get in the way of.

I don't blame Omega for this at all, since I'm sure it was 100% Omega's intention to initially include me in this tournament, but Ticken in all his great wisdom, after being forced to argue with the community, decided last second to exclude me. If I'd done something wrong, I'd also understand this, but I haven't. I've just been shafted, because I dared to disagree with Ticken on anything. Thank you for reading.

Thunder

Kingku ke charan pranam
Hey, so under a week ago I was approached by Omega, the host of this tournament, asking if I'd be able to manage this year around. Obviously, my answer was a yes. I enjoy these tournaments, and am very passionate about the mono community, despite the leadership attempting to force me out time and time again.

What disheartens me even more is that less than a week later, I find out, after previously being asked out of nowhere if I'd be managing, that I am no longer a choice for manager. Now I'd truly understand this if I'd previously had terrible runs in MPL, but I've managed zero times and achieved nothing. I'm passionate about managing for a section's premier league, whose leadership clearly doesn't want me here.

I'm told that I'm not a better choice than any of the managers, which makes no sense. I have consistent results every year, I've shown dedication to this community time and time again. The only thing that's happened since that Omega PM a week ago, is me questioning the format selection of the tournament. This understandably put Ticken in kind of an awkward position, which he got a lot of criticism for, so he flipped his position and allowed the managers to decide.

If it wasn't clear enough, The leadership always intended to include me prior to our disagreement over formats. Here is Ticken involving me in choosing the art for the tournament lol. Why would he do this if he planned to exclude me. It makes no sense. It was a last second decision, in which he let personal biases get in the way of.

I don't blame Omega for this at all, since I'm sure it was 100% Omega's intention to initially include me in this tournament, but Ticken in all his great wisdom, after being forced to argue with the community, decided last second to exclude me. If I'd done something wrong, I'd also understand this, but I haven't. I've just been shafted, because I dared to disagree with Ticken on anything. Thank you for reading.
Too long too useless.
Summary

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

The season has yet to start, but the beef has been cooking since Managers signups were posted. I bring to you the breakup between the managing pair of the MPL5 Sunyshore Surskits, Havens (Monotype Mafia) and Decem. Looking forward to their teams facing

Welcome to the official MPL Manger PR!
Art by Chras (give me art badge)

Since I haven't been here for a while, I decided to interview some monotype community members and ask them their opinions on the managers.
Everything here is 100% factual - Fylkir Pudin
approved by splash, team PR coming in 2 weeks - Splash

Honch.png

Sabella and 1 True Lycan - Hearthome Honchkrows

It doesn't really matter when they started playing this game, everyone respects the 2 just like you would respect your grandfather. Deep down you probably think you're better and that they are old and washed, but they have achieved more than you could every dream. But just like your grandparents, they can't keep up with the modern technology. They are washed at gen 8 mono (after learning new tiers every year for 5 years straight. If they manage to pick up a gen 8 prodigy I can see this team go really far.
But the real reason they are #1, is because they have redacted user PK kaiser on their side.
Their victory is not certain tho, because even if you let Ronaldo and Messi coach your local football team, they could still lose the tournament, especially because they already spend a big portion of their budget (47,5k) to draft themselves, and if star signs up they wil retain him too probably.

Predicted draft list:
Any SPL goon that wants to farm the mono plains.
Magma (friend of Kaiser)

Treecko.png

Wanka and LuckyPiper - Trick House Treeckos
Wanka is a seasoned veteran of the monotype community, just like Piper is one of the weeb community. They have everything going for them: Best teamname, least hated manager pair, best picture of wanka's ass, best logo..., their logo was so good the TO's is forcing them to change it to make it more fair to the other teams. As a manager duo, they also have a very solid strategy. First we have Piper, who is using his knowledge of anime to infect his fellow mono community members. This way, everyone on the other teams will be too busy reading Deku x One punch man fan fictions to actually prepare for the games (see proof 1.). Wanka on the other hand is a seasoned monotype veteran. Wanka will destroy you in a match, then wank(a) on your mons just like he did on his dog. Being good friends with a lot of people on showdown, he always seems to find the hidden bosses that signed up for the tourney. They have already drafted themselves and retained MetaRiolu7 for less money than Sab and Lycan payed for themselves. This gives them a lot of potential for a good draft.

Predicted draft list:
Pak
vivalospride?
Other players i have never heard of probably

minior.png

Attribute and Ridley - Meteor Falls Miniors

Picking up the miniors name, Attribute and Ridley are a manager pair with a lot of experience in the mono community. Ridley has always been a first round buy and a great player, so being able to draft himself for 20k is a great deal. Attribute feels like a puppy. With his age of 12 and a half, he is the youngest manager here this mpl. It wasn't a surprise he picked a non threatening Pokemon like Florges for his BLT mascot. One of the people I interviewed described him as: 'a little empty in the head'. But don't think he's not a good player because he's tiny. Give him a good father figure like Ridley, and he'll shine managing this team. But apparently attribute also doesn't know how to set up a discord server, so I would suggest PM'ing him on showdown for your tryouts.

Predicted draft list:
The same rats who lost 7-1 in the last 3 weeks as last year.
Skysolo
HMNiP
alkione
twilight solace

Chaitanya and Zap - Goldenrod Gengars
gengar.png

Apparently , Zap is just an angry gorilla. They probably have the most fitting team mascot since they are both toxic as fuck. A user who goes by the name of Fylkir Pudin, had some really strong opinions on these two (proof 2). Of course, out of fear of getting banned, all the opinions about the gengars are not mine but just from the people I interviewed. If Eien was the Kim Yong-un of this tier, these 2 seem like Donald and Melania trump. The great thing about the Gengars tho, is the retains they have. The first one is Peachy, who went 9-1 last mpl. The second one is Feitan who is a BW god. And even if they are toxic, they seem to have the skill to back it up (proof 3). But if the 4 of them don't show up this season, this team could easily be last place. With only 43.5k left, they might have to result to drafting Stunfisk the Great and Dragonmaster Soma to fill up their squad.

Predicted draft list:
Dragon Expert Soma
Velcroc
Aloopuriza
0NI
TheArchitect_

Will zap snake splash again? - Splash
Or any other player that has less than 8 likes on their signup post

Milotic.png

Decem (15) and Perish Song (24) - Mirage Island Milotics
Perish Song is a chill respected guy that normally organises these tours. Decem is a zoomer that drinks milk with orange juice (proof 4). As a 15 year old, he doesn't really understand the concept of money, so the draft will probably be lead by Perish. But they are both room owners with a lot of money left, so they might get a good team in the upcoming draft. As room owners they should also have a good graps on which goons in the mono room actually have skill. If Perish can be a good father figure for Decem tho, they should have a decent chance to get far.

Predicted draft list:
jolly togekiss, and ronman5
Also literally anyone in the mono room could have a chance!
PM Decem and Perish on smogon with your essays about why you should be drafted!

Darkrai.png

Kev and Izaya - Dreamyard Darkrais
With probably the worst teamname out of all of them, the darkrais are a bottom 3 manager team this season. Izaya is a washed up ape according to my sources. And it seems he is a fan of Nav (proof 5), which makes me think he has 0 taste. To quote: '[12:40:38] Fylkir Pudin: izaya is literally a budget vodoom.' His co-manager is Kev. Kev is a sensitive guy, so one meme about him on this thread and he'll probably think about it so much that he'll use his next 3 games. Apparently he's also a snake (proof 6), but don't quote me on that. If their draft is anything like izaya's taste in entertainment, expect a lot of Indian newkids and bangla boys on this team.

Predicted draft list:
Zarif's little brother
Harpp's mom
Pawwz

houndoom.png

maroon and Harpp - Hau'oli Houndooms
Yeah... there is so much to say about these 2.First of all Hau'oli Houndooms is a trash name, like who picks this over Hau'oli Haunters. Also, wtf is Harpp's youtube. If I want an indian dude talk to me in only my right ear with more static than my teachers zoom class, i'd just search how to 'legally' download anime on my pc (proof 7). For real, as a filmmaker it bugs me that it's recorded in a wind turbine. Apparently he's also the #1 player to cteam, since he only uses Psychic, dark and water. Like, even Zarif mocked him during his mwp interview, and who the fuck gets succesfully roasted by Zarif. And then you have iExca, aka maroon, aka the only person that gets roasted more on showdown after Harpp. Even though he's physically older than Decem, mentally he seems to be stuck in 2012 (proof 8). They just seem like the wildcards, 2 insane people that are forming a team together. But if Dreameatergengar and Dolph can win an MPL, it seems like this team could have a chance too.

Predicted draft list:
Just subscribe to harp's channel and screenshot it, and he'll draft you. (you can unsub when mpl starts, he won't notice).
Or just have a shit ton of smogon badges while whoring a lot of likes.

bucks.png

Havens and Zar - Blackthorn Bucks
The bucks, a franchise with history. A fan favourite for a while now. But just like most things, all good things come to an end. And for the bucks it was Azelea leaving. Zarif could have done the noble thing and let the bucks die, start a new team, but I guess he wanted to drag his baby with him through the mud. This team feels like an arranged marriage. Zarif wanted to manage with thorn, or azelea or something else, and Havens really just wanted a team. Zarif has said multiple times how he didn't want to manage with havens (proof 9). But just like old kings whored their daughters out to other kings as gifts, Zarif whored himself out to Havens for this manager spot. The only thing Zarif and Havens have in common is that Havens hates himself and Zarif hates Havens too. With the pokemon skill and life experience of a bangla butler, I don't really see doing well in this tourney. The only good decision he has made was not drafting himself. Maybe they will draft Ssalbap and he might take over the role of an actual manager. Because next to the money, there is not much going for them. They could have had a fire new logo, but zarif didn't think crediting his artist was a thing he needed to do. They are last place in the manager ranking, and trust me, they will be in the actual PR too. Oh and btw, save me from Zarif, he wants to Charmflash my ass (Proof 10).

Predicted draft list:
Wyn
Thorn
Azelea
Rnbs
Paleo
And all the players zarif thinks he's gonna convince to join when they will never play.​

Proof 1:
[12:00:21] Splash: ok piper is a massive weeb
[12:00:24] Splash: he got me into anime

Proof 2:
[12:43:26] Fylkir Pudin: chait tries to talk shit about my gens win when i make bad plays but tbh i dont remember him winning it
[12:43:31] Fylkir Pudin: and fuck zap
[12:43:34] Fylkir Pudin: what a cunt
[12:43:46] Fylkir Pudin: he tries to be funny
[12:43:47] Fylkir Pudin: but like
[12:43:50] Fylkir Pudin: never is you know
[12:43:59] Fylkir Pudin: just so aids all the time
[12:44:06] Fylkir Pudin: never deserved tl

Proof 3:
[12:08:40] Splash: toxic af
[12:08:47] Splash: chait is also toxic but less
[12:08:57] Splash: but chaits good at mons

Proof 4:
[12:30:55] Fylkir Pudin: decem has the worst opinions on mons known to man
[12:30:58] Fylkir Pudin: like literally
[12:31:00] Fylkir Pudin: the worst
[12:31:08] Fylkir Pudin: like
[12:31:17] Fylkir Pudin: milk and orange juice
[12:31:22] Fylkir Pudin: and toothpaste
[12:31:25] Fylkir Pudin: mixed together

Proof 5:

Proof 6:
[12:40:09] Fylkir Pudin: kevs the kinda guy that goes along with everything you do but then snakes you at the end and reports you to the cops when all you did was murder 3 people and steal the declaration of independence

Proof 7:

Proof 8:
[20:25:46] iExca: Pizza, gelato, salami,

[20:26:08] iExca was banned from Italiano by Haund. [20:26:08] (iExca's banned alts: IRanOutOfUsernames, fgfgfgfdseds, oppppppppew, qwqwqe, 19kai)02:24]

[01:32:21] iExca: croissant [01:32:27] iExca: baguette [01:32:52]
Fantomas77: ? [01:33:06] Fantomas77: Arrete ca stp, teclis va te ban... [01:33:26]
iExca: i dont speak french but u made that kinda obv [01:33:28]
iExca: my guy [01:33:48]
iExca was banned from Français by Teclis. (troll)

Proof 9:
[11:25:35] Chras001: zarif, just manage with havens
[11:25:46] Zarif: No LOL, fuck havens

Proof 10:
1591377603727.png

Last edited:

Deleted User 325563

Banned deucer.

Sabella and 1 True Lycan - Hearthome Honchkrows

It doesn't really matter when they started playing this game, everyone respects the 2 just like you would respect your grandfather. Deep down you probably think you're better and that they are old and washed, but they have achieved more than you could every dream. But just like your grandparents, they can't keep up with the modern technology. They are washed at gen 8 mono

Recent footage spotting the Honchkrows managers:
images.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)