Team MPL VI - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to come up with something snarky to say that would make me more appealing, but I really got nothing so I might as well beg. Please draft me lmao. I don't have much of a resume aside from not being at the absolute bottom of seeded (was 96) and making finals in No Johns 3v3, but I don't think I'm ass at monotype so I got that going for me! :blobthumbsup:

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk, I hope you were moved by my words
I can feel you're pain man.

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
I felt like writing something about improvement because MPL season is generally the place where Monotype community is extremely active and as per usual there are many people out there that are trying to get drafted.

If you want to get drafted, the first thing you should do is talk to the managers. Trying out is always a good idea to show managers why you as a player, should be on their team. Send some replays for them to review, and try to play a few games with them in order to show what you can do in the competitive scene. It is true that managers sometimes draft people they are acquainted with, but that is only because they feel like their relationships will be good for team synergy. Otherwise, many managers are willing to give new but competent players a shot in the team tournament scene, and tryouts exist for that reason.

People don't become successful in Pokemon and even life in general by telling themself they can't do it, they reach those heights of success because they believe that they can. A defeatist attitude will only drag you down. Keep in mind that everyone starts somewhere, and people that are seen as excellent players in the current community weren't always at the top but are there because they constantly look for ways to improve.
If you believe you have hit a plateau as a player, then figure out the problem and try to fix it. A lot of people struggle with a variety of things, but with the right attitude and confidence, anyone can improve and become a potential pick for current or even future team tournaments. Attitude and confidence are extremely important improvement wise, as you aren't going to really improve without telling yourself that you can to begin with. If you tell yourself that you're never going to be good and you won't ever be drafted, then you're not going to be drafted because your poor mindset is what's stopping you from taking the necessary steps to become better to begin with. At the same time, self depreciation doesn't look good when you're talking to managers either. Managers want players that believe they can win, and put in tremendous effort to do so. This should go without saying, but being a good and respectful person helps in order to get involved with the community, and being easy to work with in a team setting is something managers look for. People will like you if you're a good guy.

As for problems in playing, those can range from a lot of things. Some people just misplay a ton, some people click when they're nervous, some people aren't great teambuilding wise. There are a lot of things that a Pokemon player can struggle with in the game itself, and it is primarily their job to figure out what it is and improve on it. If you think you misplay a ton, start taking time to think about your moves, use the damage calculator, and pace yourself in order to analyze situations better and make the most optimal play. If you click too much, then try to calm yourself before and while you are playing games, and if you aren't good at teambuilding, then practice comes in handy again there. For example, I have a huge habit of clicking, but it is something I have been working on by pacing myself with music and taking deep breaths whenever I play. Going over your previous games help too since you can pick out personal mistakes and take notes for in the future so you can improve in those areas. There are Monotype tutors available if you ever want to talk to them, and they can help by picking out weak areas for you as a player and figure out ways to help you improve there.

Everyone should try to look at the positives more rather than the negatives. If you aren't drafted in this MPL, try to figure out what can be done for yourself in order to make yourself a solid pick for future team tournaments. If you misplayed badly in a game and ended up losing, try to figure out why you lost for future scenarios instead of dwelling on the loss for too long to the point where it unmotivates you to reach higher. From the things I listed, attitude and confidence are some things I wanted to highlight that many people unknowingly struggle with, and improving in those areas are the first step to improving in others. Don't be afraid of losing, try to focus on how you are going to win. If you didn't meet whatever you were trying to accomplish, then that's okay, because everyone loses sometimes, but whats important is trying to get something out of it. Improvement doesn't happen overnight, it is a process that comes with time but anyone can accomplish it. That's pretty much all I wanted to say, cheers to a good MPL.

Treeckos Waifu bingo sheet viablity ranking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I've had people making Waifu Bingo Sheets All day and Now I'm gonna go ahead and give my Unbiased Ranking of them. Good Luck to all of you guys I truly hope you're all proud of your lists however dogshit they may be, Don't let clowns like LuckyPiper Tell you what you should and should not like, embrace your taste and continue doing what you like

taide
Taide.png

2/10

Taide may be a good friend of mine, but that's not helping his ranking here. He manages to NEVER pick the best girl of the show, out of his entire list he has 4 girls that are the "best" of their show, and 1 of them is the only viable female in that anime anyways. Fumino is good however she's still the 2nd best girl of Bokuben, Megumi Katou is the 3rd best of her anime which is quite poor, The very bottom left girl looks like she needs to get off your Waifu list and get back to her fucking Coloring book. Overall a pretty dogshit list I'm not gonna lie to you bro Lol.

adjustments
Adjustments.png

3/10

My first impression here is that maybe he's only seen like 10 anime and that's why this guy has every main girl in every mainstream anime that isnt 100+ episodes. I believe every anime he has watched has contributed a character here, because there's no way he puts ruri AND kohaku while having other girls on the bench. but he does have a few cuties in Shinobu, Ochako, and Alice. I've decided to write this list off as a new Weeb who doesn't know a whole lot about Waifus, but that's nothing to be ashamed of, try harder to improve your ranking next mpl!

Silveruby
SilverRuby.png

2/10

Alright Now I would probably argue that you deserve a 3, but I deducted a point for that fucking Banana. At first I thought this was a real strong list, but then I slowly realized how many irrelevant and incorrect girls are on here, You've got a few bangers like "Rikka Takarada", "Alice Nakiri", and "Mai Sakurajima" but then after that you pretty much just piled on main characters or unviable trash from different anime, Saber is objectively good and did help a bit, but then right after that you see Yukino and my hope dies right back down. Overall I wish you had chosen different girls from a few of these anime and it would have helped your ranking a lot. better luck next mpl bro!

Kaguya Lys
kaguya lys.png

7/10

This is probably the best list that anybody sent, As it starts off with some fire ass characters and keeps it coming pretty consistently, only the bottom row was really a letdown. We've got thick cutie Chika Fujiwara leading off, Followed by a REAL sleeper girl in Mayumi Saegusa, then the hard hitters Misaki Ayusawa, Kosaki Onodera, Mafuyu Kirisu, Juvia Lockser, and Satsuki Momoi. While Some of these aren't actually the best of their show, they're still decent and deserve some respect. Sadly due to it being competent I don't have a lot to say on it, Congrats on putting together a solid list :3

Namranan
Namranan.png

0/10
Well I'm not sure why you chose this ugly ass green border, but that's somehow not even the worst part of this list, With all time WOAT characters like "sakura haruno" "Videl" and "Serana???" The Only good characters on this trash can list are Hinata, Kanan, and I would argue that Nezuko is a good character but she's also 14 or something... This is quite literally the ugliest list I've ever been sent before and I might throw the fuck up if I keep looking at it. Also is that a fucking Chicken?

DragonskyEX
Dragonskyex.png

3/10

Holy Shit what the fuck is wrong with you, What made you think it was okay to put All 5 Quintuplets?? 4 Oregairu CHARACTERS??? What in gods name were you thinking bro come on. the worst part is you actually had some decent characters, Ai Hayasaka, any 1 of the Quintuplets, Yuigahama. I genuinely believe this Bingo Sheet had some potential if you didn't cancer but I guess that's what you decided to do bro... Hopefully you think about what you did and try again next MPL.

Sanshokuinsumireko
Sanshokuinsumireko.png

4/10

I have mixed feelings about this list, because the girls aren't too bad objectively. but Most of the girls are the only viable girl from their anime so they have nothing to compete with in their respective relm. However he's got some bangers on here so I'll give him his due credit, This list is strongely held back by Dogshit Like Chitoge, Lisa, and that slut Mira Tsubakihara. Overall I think this List isn't the worst thing in the world, but it's just a mediocre list filled with mediocre girls.

Pajamazz
Pajamazz.png

5/10

Well honestly it's kindve hard for me to put this list any lower, you've got QUEEN Hinata, Kosaki Onodera, Rin Tohsaka, Yoko Littner, Shinobu and Kurumi Tokisaki Is a cutie and a half. Now that we're past all the good stuff, what the fuck were you thinking Putting trash like Dawn, Taiga, and Tohru on here. All honestly dogshit characters and definitely nowhere near the top of their anime. honestly I could make this a 4 if I really wanted to but Sadly the good girls you picked are soo good they're able to carry the rest of the fucking trash cans.

RAP Yogurt
Rap Yogurt.png

3/10

Well Despite being My own Blood Brother that didnt help you make a list that wasn't utter Dogshit.
you've got a few decent picks in Ai Hayasaka, Juvia Lockser, Kyouka Jirou, and in some world Darkness is nb... but then after that you just clogged up the list with unviable garbage, Rikka Takanashi is severely outclassed by her Older sister, Raphtalia is cute but she's also half animal so like furry? idk, Saber and Jeanne are fine and mash has cute fanart but then you also slipped in some RBWY Thot and then Hikari Hazakura the 4th best girl of the anime zzzz. Now Despite everything I've said I still ignored the fucking worst part of this all, is that a fucking SPIDER? BRO CAN YOU FUCKING NOT YOU MULE?

LuckyPiper
LuckyPiper.png

10/10
This is the ideal 16 characters you guys were Looking for, Now I will admit some of these are rather obscure, and honestly there's a few who probably don't belong there but I'm gonna go ahead and say this is for right now the best 16 Anime girls that exist (no Repeating Anime on this list ofc) A few of you did Manage to land some of these girls on your list and for that I am impressed, but overall most of you had some whack shit covering your list :3
Thank You for your Tryout out for the Trick House Treeckos Everyone!

(Apologies to those of you who made Husbando lists, I'm going to make mine later and I'll give you guys your Viablity ranking as long as I Feel up to it still.​

Last edited:
Treeckos Waifu bingo sheet viablity ranking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I've had people making Waifu Bingo Sheets All day and Now I'm gonna go ahead and give my Unbiased Ranking of them. Good Luck to all of you guys I truly hope you're all proud of your lists however dogshit they may be, Don't let clowns like LuckyPiper Tell you what you should and should not like, embrace your taste and continue on the path of being a weeb

taide
View attachment 254261
2/10

Taide may be a good friend of mine, but that's not helping his ranking here. He manages to NEVER pick the best girl of the show, out of his entire list he has 4 girls that are the "best" of their show, and 1 of them is the only viable female in that anime anyways. Fumino is good however she's still the 2nd best girl of Bokuben, Megumi Katou is the 3rd best of her anime which is quite poor, The very bottom left girl looks like she needs to get off your Waifu list and get back to her fucking Coloring book. Overall a pretty dogshit list I'm not gonna lie to you bro Lol Bop.

adjustments
View attachment 254258
3/10

My first impression here is that maybe he's only seen like 10 anime and that's why this guy has every main girl in every mainstream anime that isnt 100+ episodes. I believe every anime he has watched has contributed a character here, because there's no way he puts ruri AND kohaku while having other girls on the bench. but he does have a few cuties in Shinobu, Ochako, and Alice. I've decided to write this list off as a new Weeb who doesn't know a whole lot about Waifus, but that's nothing to be ashamed of, try harder to improve your ranking next mpl!

Silveruby
View attachment 254262
2/10

Alright Now I would probably argue that you deserve a 3, but I deducted a point for that fucking Banana. At first I thought this was a real strong list, but then I slowly realized how many irrelevant and incorrect girls are on here, You've got a few bangers like "Rikka Takarada", "Alice Nakiri", and "Mai Sakurajima" but then after that you pretty much just piled on main characters or unviable trash from different anime, Saber is objectively good and did help a bit, but then right after that you see Yukino and my hope dies right back down. Overall I wish you had chosen different girls from a few of these anime and it would have helped your ranking a lot. better luck next mpl vro!

Kaguya Lys
View attachment 254264
7/10

This is probably the best list that anybody sent, As it starts off with some fire ass characters and keeps it coming pretty consistently, only the bottom row was really a letdown. We've got thick cutie Chika Fujiwara leading off, Followed by a REAL sleeper girl in Mayumi Saegusa, then the hard hitters Misaki Ayusawa, Kosaki Onodera, Mafuyu Kirisu, Juvia Lockser, and Satsuki Momoi. While Some of these aren't actually the best of their show, they're still decent and deserve some respect. Sadly due to it being competent I don't have a lot to say on it, Congrats on putting together a solid list :3

Namranan
View attachment 254265
0/10
Well I'm not sure why you chose this ugly ass green border, but that's somehow not even the worst part of this list, With all time WOAT characters like "sakura haruno" "Videl" and "Serana???" The Only good characters on this trash can list are Hinata, Kanan, and I would argue that Nezuko is a good character but she's also 14 or something... This is quite literally the ugliest list I've ever been sent before and I might throw the fuck up if I keep looking at it. Also is that a fucking Chicken?

DragonskyEX
View attachment 254266
3/10

Holy Shit what the fuck is wrong with you, What made you think it was okay to put All 5 Quintuplets?? 4 Oregairu CHARACTERS??? What in gods name were you thinking bro come on. the worst part is you actually had some decent characters, Ai Hayasaka, any 1 of the Quintuplets, Yuigahama. I genuinely believe this Bingo Sheet had some potential if you didn't cancer but I guess that's what you decided to do bro... Hopefully you think about what you did and try again next MPL.

Sanshokuinsumireko
View attachment 254267
4/10

I have mixed feelings about this list, because the girls aren't too bad objectively. but Most of the girls are the only viable girl from their anime so they have nothing to compete with in their respective relm. However he's got some bangers on here so I'll give him his due credit, This list is strongely held back by Dogshit Like Chitoge, Lisa, and that slut Mira Tsubakihara. Overall I think this List isn't the worst thing in the world, but it's just a mediocre list filled with mediocre girls.

Pajamazz
View attachment 254269
5/10

Well honestly it's kindve hard for me to put this list any lower, you've got QUEEN Hinata, Kosaki Onodera, Rin Tohsaka, Yoko Littner, Shinobu and Kurumi Tokisaki Is a cutie and a half. Now that we're past all the good stuff, what the fuck were you thinking Putting trash like Dawn, Taiga, and Tohru on here. All honestly dogshit characters and definitely nowhere near the top of their anime. honestly I could make this a 4 if I really wanted to but Sadly the good girls you picked are soo good they're able to carry the rest of the fucking trash cans.

RAP Yogurt
View attachment 254271
3/10

Well Despite being My own Blood Brother that didnt help you make a list that wasn't utter Dogshit.
you've got a few decent picks in Ai Hayasaka, Juvia Lockser, Kyouka Jirou, and in some world Darkness is nb... but then after that you just clogged up the list with unviable garbage, Rikka Takanashi is severely outclassed by her Older sister, Raphtalia is cute but she's also half animal so like furry? idk, Saber and Jeanne are fine and mash has cute fanart but then you also slipped in some RBWY Thot and then Hikari Hazakura the 4th best girl of the anime zzzz. Now Despite everything I've said I still ignored the fucking worst part of this all, is that a fucking SPIDER? BRO CAN YOU FUCKING NOT YOU MULE?

LuckyPiper
View attachment 254272
10/10
This is the ideal 16 characters you guys were Looking for, Now I will admit some of these are rather obscure, and honestly there's a few who probably don't belong there but I'm gonna go ahead and say this is for right now the best 16 Anime girls that exist (no Repeating Anime on this list ofc) A few of you did Manage to land some of these girls on your list and for that I am impressed, but overall most of you had some whack shit covering your list :3
Thank You for Tryout out for the Trick House Treeckos Everyone!

(Apologies to those of you who made Husbando lists, I'm going to make mine later and I'll give you guys your Viablity ranking as long as I Feel up to it still.​
monotype looks different now

Well I've had people making Waifu Bingo Sheets All day and Now I'm gonna go ahead and give my Unbiased Ranking of them. Good Luck to all of you guys I truly hope you're all proud of your lists however dogshit they may be, Don't let clowns like LuckyPiper Tell you what you should and should not like, embrace your taste and continue doing what you like

taide
View attachment 254261
2/10

Taide may be a good friend of mine, but that's not helping his ranking here. He manages to NEVER pick the best girl of the show, out of his entire list he has 4 girls that are the "best" of their show, and 1 of them is the only viable female in that anime anyways. Fumino is good however she's still the 2nd best girl of Bokuben, Megumi Katou is the 3rd best of her anime which is quite poor, The very bottom left girl looks like she needs to get off your Waifu list and get back to her fucking Coloring book. Overall a pretty dogshit list I'm not gonna lie to you bro Lol.

adjustments
View attachment 254258
3/10

Silveruby
View attachment 254262
2/10

Alright Now I would probably argue that you deserve a 3, but I deducted a point for that fucking Banana. At first I thought this was a real strong list, but then I slowly realized how many irrelevant and incorrect girls are on here, You've got a few bangers like "Rikka Takarada", "Alice Nakiri", and "Mai Sakurajima" but then after that you pretty much just piled on main characters or unviable trash from different anime, Saber is objectively good and did help a bit, but then right after that you see Yukino and my hope dies right back down. Overall I wish you had chosen different girls from a few of these anime and it would have helped your ranking a lot. better luck next mpl bro!

Kaguya Lys
View attachment 254264
7/10

Namranan
View attachment 254265
0/10

DragonskyEX
View attachment 254266
3/10

Sanshokuinsumireko
View attachment 254267
4/10

Pajamazz
View attachment 254269
5/10

RAP Yogurt
View attachment 254271
3/10

LuckyPiper
View attachment 254272
10/10

Lucky Piperが私のクリスチャンポケモンモノタイププレミアディスカッションスレッドを台無しにしています。彼をマネージャーとして退治してください。彼はこれらすべてのアニメの女の子との生活のために私を怖がらせました。

Translation: Lucky Piper is ruining my christian Pokemon Monotype Premier Discussion thread. Please get rid of him as a manager. He has scarred me for life with all these anime girls.

What actually translated cause jap to english google translation is shit-
Lucky Piper is ruining my Christian Pokemon Monotype Premiere Discussion Thread. Defeat him as a manager. He scared me for living with all these anime girls.

Vodoom

is a Tiering Contributor
MPL Champion

taide
View attachment 254261
2/10

adjustments
View attachment 254258
3/10

Silveruby
View attachment 254262
2/10

Kaguya Lys
View attachment 254264
7/10

Namranan
View attachment 254265
0/10

DragonskyEX
View attachment 254266
3/10

Sanshokuinsumireko
View attachment 254267
4/10

Pajamazz
View attachment 254269
5/10

RAP Yogurt
View attachment 254271
3/10

LuckyPiper
View attachment 254272
10/10

bro half the girls u chose are underaged LMAO

MONOTYPE PREMIER LEAGUE VI CLOUT RANKINGS

So you are thinking you might get drafted, but are unsure on the optics of how getting on each team represents your value in the community. Don't worry, as someone who got drafted in to MPL 1, 2, 4 and retained in 5 despite doing absolutely dogshit in most of them, I feel like I'm the expert on ranking the clout possessed by each team and their managers. So take these rankings very seriously when you are doing your last minute try-outs or if you plan on cancering in order to force a trade in to a higher clout team.

1. Hearthome Honchkrows

This team is just oozing clout so badly that Got Cookies would literally sell his left kidney to get on this team. First of all, Honchkrows are a legacy franchise with one ring under their name.

From the moment when Lycan beat PK-Kaiser in the first MLT finals, Lycan has been dominating monotype. As the number 1 player on the official mono sheet with 43 wins, Lycan is currently regarded as the greatest monotype player of all time and has even managed to make a name of himself outside the community as The Baron, while giving uplifting performances both in SPL and World Cup. Lycan is without a doubt one of the biggest clout holders in the community

Sabella, Booty, Midget, pussyslayer69... Sabella has many names but one thing has stayed constant.. his clout. As someone who is rarely seen participating in monotype nowadays outside of the big tours, and someone who is overall negative on the sheet Sabella still manages to find himself every year as a nominee for the smogons best monotype player poll, a feat that made Clearly nearly retire. Sabella also possess an official smogon trophy, which raises his clout rating up by 100 points atleast. Our rankings rank Sabella as the biggest clout holder in the tournament.
Both of them are also WoA founding members.

All in all, if you get drafted by this team odds are that your clout in the community will rise too.

Clout factor: x10

2. Goldenrod Gengars

What's there to say really, as the reigning champions you really can't go wrong with getting drafted by the Gengars.

Chaitanya, the current monotype kingpin and tier leader has taken the tier by storm in the last 2 years. Going from being mostly known for being brown and having numbers on his name, Chait has really changed the narrative. Dominant performances year after year, Building his own clique that has overtook the community and finally scamming Wanka for the control of monotype. If you thought that was bold, he also named his right handman, Waszap, as his co-tl. And both of these guys are managing? That's just crazy. Chaitanya is really the Keyser Söze of monotype.

Waszap became a monotype tier leader while also being known as one of the most toxic people in the community, thats clout that money can't buy. Also obviously a 2 time MPL champion, which allows him to basically say STFU to everyone in mpl except 3 rings crashy.

All of this would already make the Gengar's clout super high, but the fact that their retain: dahli has the highest win % on the sheet puts them above almost everyone else. In fact they would be higher than the Honchkrows if it wouldn't be for the fact that Chaitanya clearly still needs a name change to Chait or something else to make his alt look cleaner. Also the weeknd avi is kinda getting old, but who knows?

Clout factor: x9

3. Meteor Falls Miniors

Miniors are a safe pick to get your clout up. A fan favourite franchise led by 2 veterans who have been very successful in the past? This is a no brainer.

Ridley is a 2 time MPL champion, who rose to fame during MPL1 when he lead his team to victory as the MVP of the team. He also won it as manager 3 seasons later. Mostly known for his kind attitude, a clean alt name in Ridley, he just oozes clout. Pair this name with one of the best avis and a badge set that tells you that he is good, but not a horse gives a clean image of the guy. This wasn't always the case, as Ridley used to be someone who begged for likes in smogon convos but nowadays he can just get 30 likes by posting: LMAO. One of the biggest glow ups for sure.

1592084101010.png

Attribute is the Tiger Woods of Monotype, when it comes to clout year after year of mediocre performances but still he is thought as one of the best players on the scene. A big reason for this is Attributes ability to be part of every single possible monotype clan, clique, private room etc. You name it, hes probably part of it. While some could see this as being really two-faced, in reality Attribute doesn't probably even remember all of the private rooms he has access to. If that's not clout, what is?

Another proof of the Miniors clout is Ssalbap, who is someone associated with the team and has huge clout, despite not winning an official game in 3 years.

If you want Ssalbap levels of clout, become a Minior.

Clout factor: 6x

4. Trick House Treeckos

The Treeckos are a difficult case. On one hand you a former TL, WoA Founder, A guy who nutted on his dog while watching baseball, MPL Champion, UU Legend, The Kanye West of monotype, etc in Wanka. Pretty much the definition of clout.
But again on the other hand you have Lucky Piper who is both unproven and a weeb. Lucky Piper's meme of making waifu lists clearly backfired when he got called out by MPL legend and monotype mainstay 3 rings Crashy. Also as we can see from Vodoom's post, Piper's waifus were also underaged, which is a defo no-no when it comes to your clout.

It's hard to say, overall the clout of the team is big due to wanka, however getting associated with Piper might give you the label of a weeb, so I would tread signing with this team carefully.

Clout Factor: 4x

5. Blackthorn Bucks

While at first you could maybe see Bucks franchise as a negative factor for your clout, hear me out since this franchise can without a doubt boost your clout.
Zarif, a former MPL champion has been on the monotype scene for almost an eternity now, has an interesting history. On one side of the coin this guys is one of the most successful players while having 3 deep playoff runs, has gotten an manager spot every time he has tried and is known as a good drafter. Looking however on the other side, he has been completely washed at this game for the last 4 years. So how does he still stay relevant? Clout. This man has been able to ride on some 2016 clout for the last 4 years and STILL managed to scam himself to the MPL 6 as a manager. That's power. He has also given starts to some very bright careers in forcing Wyn to play ORAS in MPL3 -> which lead to Wyn becoming a top 3 clout holder in the community. Zarif also gave the start to the careers of Attribute, Izaya, Terrors etc. While Zarif may get clowned time to time, his players always come out from his teams with more clout than they usually had. A clear example of this could be the fact that Clearly, arguably a top 5 mono player all time, still chooses to display his MWP1 team logo that zarif managed in his sig as a thank you to Zarif for starting his mono career

1592085889059.png

Some of the clout is slightly dropped off from having Havens as his co-manager since we all can rmbr his old alt being one of the worst all time (c9 nxtlvl) although he has too made big strives in getting his clout up recently.

Bucks, may suprise you and give you the clout boost that you were looking for.

Clout factor: x3

6. Dreamyard Darkrais

Another very confusing pairing, let's get in to this.

Imagine McLovin from Superbad. That's how Kev used to be in the community with his KevinELF alt. He famously got clowned by Chras in MWP2 and was associated with the famous cheaters in MPL3, the Petalburg Porygons. However with his new alt, it's basically a new user in terms of clout. This guys is not afraid of calling anyone out due to knowing he has atleast 10 goons ready to back him up any minute. That's big clout. Kev, is now more comparable to Brad Pitt than McLovin

Why are the Darkrais 6th then? This is due to Izaya unfortunately posessing negative clout. Last year Izaya signed up to manage in MPL 5 with Terrors who is the original monotype ribbon holder, bushtush slayer and arguably the greatest player of alltime. He also got handed a Legacy team with the Bucks and my blessing as a former manager who had tons of clout. STILL Izaya got rejected. And since me and Terrors are OOZING clout, by basic math Izaya must have negative clout. Due to this basic math, this also means that Kev's clout has to be so HIGH that it could overcome Izayas contribution, which makes Kev the number 2 clout holder on our rankings.

Honestly, if you get involved with the Darkrais, stay away from Izaya. Shit might be contagious.

Clout factor: x2.9

7. Hau'oli Houndooms

This is a clear case of Maroon getting clowned so hard in last years OMPL finals thread that you should just stay away. When your manager is getting roasted with posts that are hitting 200 likes on smogon it's just better to stay away and when anyone asks you if you know this person, tell them no.

HOWEVER you might get showcased on Harpps youtube channel which obviously would give you a clout boost, so idk. If you are desperate maybe go for it.

Clout factor: 2

8. Mirage Island Milotics

This is the Token staff team, that we can find from every MPL. While having the 2 monotype roomowners be your managers will make your team obviously very popular among the monotype room, this will however only be an illusion. In reality the people in the room who are rooting for you are just sucking up to the roomowners in hopes to getting noticed and promoted. Maybe theres a chance being on this team would lead to getting roomvoice in the mono room, but as we can see from a lot of cases from mono history this usually just has an negative effect on your clout levels.

All in all, getting drafted to MPL will automatically raise ur clout but there are more optimal teams to get your clout up than the Milotics.

Clout factor: 1.5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)