MS Paint Gallery

I'd like to dabble in sprite animation but I just can't find any program capable of animating that I like.

I have a program that I could use to turn your images into an animation if you wanted. A favor since you have been so helpful with me and trying pixeling. :)

You'd just have to save them as gif or png and link me to them.

Syclant and Revanankh were messy so I cleaned them up. The saturation was, as Doug said, also too low and I made Syclant slightly too green. Pyroak is already clean. The total colours used in each:

Syclant- 11
Revanankh- 12
Pyroak- 17

Colour conservation is important in pixel art. I'm ashamed that I let Revvy and such get so high. I'll be starting on Fidgit soon.

Hen: That doesn't help really. I need to be able to test the frames myself so I can adjust the art as I go along. It's near impossible to rattle out several pieces of work and have them flow together in a good animation if you don't even know how it looks first.

Alright, these are the specific sprites I'd like to critique.
With Boros, there aren't very many technical errors, but one noticeable one is the angle of its right wing is incorrect. It should fold at a sharper downward angle. It's eyes are not done in the Pokémon style either. You also used pretty low saturation colors for basically the whole palette, which isn't common with D/P sprites. Admittedly, its palette is similar to Toxicroak's, though, so it's not a big issue.

Sadly, Huang has the same eye problem Boros has. It's right leg is in the wrong position for a flat surface, which is one of my biggest concerns. I also can't help but notice that the shading and highlights on its feathers make them look rounder the feathers should be.

Like Boros, Lenegana also uses a low saturation palette, though that is not what really bugs me about it. The unnaturality of the flames does. They should be lighter. The outline of any flame in Pokémon never reaches a dark maroon. Also, most dog-like Pokémon have black noses, but if you intended to not give it one, than whatever works best.

Something struck me as wrong about Noves when I first looked at it, and it basically has to do with small flaws in the lineart. For starters, even at the angle Noves has its head turned, its head is too small in proportion to its body. Its legs, especially its front ones, are also longer than the typical horses, but that may have been part of your design.

In general, you have excellent lineart, but some of your palette choices I personally don't believe are consistent with traditional Pokémon palettes.

Sadly, it should have been obvious from the comment I made on differing style that these sprites were not meant in any way to completely emulate the Nintendo standard, however I will address your critique where I can and update this post later with updated versions to honor that critique.

Boros: You are correct, the right wing is anatomically incorrect for the position. The right ear fans are also off kilter.

Huang: The leg critique is fair. As for the feathers, don't worry, as someone who studied wing anatomy obsessively I know exactly what you mean however this wasn't supposed to be anatomically correct. It mirrors a sort of pseudo-Aztec pattern following a similar design to Boros though the shading does need to be altered on them, for different reasons.

Lenegana/Noves: These two are from a separate set from the before mentioned and are far too realistic in proportion to be anywhere near the cartoon/anime style of Pokemon. They are also the oldest of my art. I think Noves was based on a Tennessee Walker with a slightly shorter muzzle. I won't be updating these two since they are rather old and hold some nostalgic factor to me.

I'll edit the other two in later with improvements.

I can understand...

Someone here said they use easytoons to animate with. I wonder if that would work for you? I think it's a free download.

Just trying to be helpful. :)

I must post saying that these are amazing. Really are fantastic. I'm looking forward to more work from you.

I love the plushies.

Partial design in progress for CaP5. I'm still deliberating how each body part should be sculpted. I'm practically forced to do this in small hops because of other work. Bleh.

I know I made this thread for MSpaint work but eh i've got feck all else to post here and I want you guys to know that i'm not limited to pixels. Damn scanner killed my fluffy pigeon it's a lot softer and darker than that but I have no program to effectively fix it.

That's a beautiful study, Wyverii. It takes a lot of patience and skill to be able to effectively render plumage like that. I hope this isn't the last example of your non-pixel art we see.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
in the future.......

Wyverii is a millionare who took over pokemoon and also sold her drawing art .
Awesome stuff dude-you rock.
Fixed. (Sorry for revealing your secret identity.) That bird is really cool. Also, requesting any Pokemon with a tennis racket, if you wouldn't mind =P

I did an old set of eeveelutions but this is the only one I still like and I haven't updated this thread in ages. It was named Aracheon.

Now for Tennis. I normally don't do requests but hey i'll pick a random Poke and run with it. Stay tuned. I'll update this post later if there's no replies.

zomg. I love it o.o
There's just one little thing that I'd add to it. Two more legs (the right legs) behind those 2 (the left legs). Other than that, I have nothing to say besides: Kudos!

Tennis' Dragonite lineart. I'll tweak and colour it tomorrow because i'm lazy (plus I need to fix that back foot). I decided to use 1 px lines for this one instead of my thicker tapered outlines I use for slightly bigger works. Thanks Kopie. ;p

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Tennis' Dragonite lineart. I'll tweak and colour it tomorrow because i'm lazy (plus I need to fix that back foot). I decided to use 1 px lines for this one instead of my thicker tapered outlines I use for slightly bigger works. Thanks Kopie. ;p
That actually looks amazing Wyverii, thanks =)

tennisace

Finished. Hope you like it Tennis.
I have to say, that is one of the most amazing pieces of art I've seen in a while. I was going to use it for an avatar here, but its a wee bit big, so I'll use it on another forum. Thanks!

Hey, Wyverii, you're one of the best MS painter I've seen in a while. If you don't mind, can you draw Infernape with flaming fists? Thanks.

This is a gallery of items made entirely in MS paint. I really need to stop being lazy and do something big.

Fakemon:

As you can see by the varying styles these were done at different times for different reasons.

Fun edits/revamps/etc:

Just fun stuff. I don't do many of these. The head is a skull-less Cubone.

Plushies:

Quickies, done for fun and as an easy way to switch avatars.

Sketches:

Old Character Design, Audi (messy), Were Sketch

Just random things I worked on but never really completed.
Lol

Sorry Sora, I don't feel like doing any more large works. I'm up for doing fakemon sprites right now if anybody wants to ask.

Small update:

Two more eeveelutions. I actually did the flying type eevee at the same time as the bug type. The rock type is the most recent.

Edit:

A sprite of Gatoomph a creation of Cartoons. I enjoyed doing him and I may do more after i've done some other work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)