Naruto (Spoilers ITT)

How can you read / watch the arc where Sakura is basically unable to kill Sasuke because she still has feelings for him and then say she has none? Naruto even acknowledges Sakura is still in love with Sasuke. She's certainly not half as obsessive about the guy in part two, but she pretty obviously still has feelings for him.

Plus, apparently her "true power" is being ass pulled out of who knows where now, so she'll have a bit more growth on top of that. People are thinking it's slug mode, or Tsunade's Yin healing thingy, but I hope she gets something that sets her apart from Tsunade.
You may have not realized it but Sakura is just a Tsunade clone. Kishi can't write powerful, unique women it seems. He completely forgot Sakura was supposed to be good with Genjutsu. The thing that would separate these two... Probably because genjutsu doesnt translate well to an action manga... And because at this point in the story the bad guys are all immune to it. Making it completely useless.

I'd bet anyone here $.50 that Kishi forgot about that page(the one sidfrid posted about Sakura saying theres someone else).

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How can you read / watch the arc where Sakura is basically unable to kill Sasuke because she still has feelings for him and then say she has none?
As in my previous posts:

Not being able to kill someone =/= being in love with him

Of course Sakura has strong feelings about Sasuke, since they were companions for a long time-- of course she's still bitter about him leaving, of course she still remembers when they were comrades, and her feelings when she was younger. Naruto or Kakashi would have trouble killing Sasuke too-- that doesn't make them gay in love with him.

Naruto even acknowledges Sakura is still in love with Sasuke. She's certainly not half as obsessive about the guy in part two, but she pretty obviously still has feelings for him.
Naruto mistakes Sakura's feelings, thinking she loves Sasuke still. Naruto is incredibly dense, and Kishi has explicitly shown us him being dense to Sakura and her feelings (for him) ever since the time jump. He's completely out of touch with her real feelings.

That's why Sakura goes berserk, completely pissed that he thinks he can know her feelings, and assumes he's right even when he's wrong. The part of her speech when she's absolutely livid with Naruto thinking she still likes Sasuke was 100% genuine.

Naruto also realizes he can't argue the point further, which is why he ignores it and says "I don't care about our promise, or your feelings. I'm saving Sasuke because I want to."

Yep, Sasuke right there.

but anyway, screw Sakura. And if we made a little backward observation, all the kages are dead?????

Is no one going to check up on the Kages? Last I remember, they were half dead (and Tsunade was literally in half)... I guess there might be more important things to focus on. But still, has it crossed anyone's mind (including Kishimoto's)?

Resurrecting Naruto and Sakura's "romance" is dumb. I thought everyone was over that already? Good grief.

Is no one going to check up on the Kages? Last I remember, they were half dead (and Tsunade was literally in half)... I guess there might be more important things to focus on. But still, has it crossed anyone's mind (including Kishimoto's)?

Resurrecting Naruto and Sakura's "romance" is dumb. I thought everyone was over that already? Good grief.
Eh they're old news, Hokages are back to kick ass. Pretty obvious none of them could handle Madara.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wtf-- this is the first time I've seen a scanlation with the background pic of that panel clear enough to see Sasuke. I'VE BEEN LIVING A LIE

eh... still doesn't exactly refute all the points I made. Especially about Hinata and Naruto having basically zero development of any kind of personal relationship.

It just means Sakura is dumber than I thought.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
ya no im pretty sure its more of a "Sakura is conflicted on who she really loves, the person she's loved for a long time or the new more mature Naruto who is proving himself to be everything a woman would want... yada yada"

I'm assuming Orochimaru is going to heal them.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
wtf-- this is the first time I've seen a scanlation with the background pic of that panel clear enough to see Sasuke. I'VE BEEN LIVING A LIE

eh... still doesn't exactly refute all the points I made. Especially about Hinata and Naruto having basically zero development of any kind of personal relationship.

It just means Sakura is dumber than I thought.
they are all stupid.

Naruto is stupid for what he said to his father about sakura being his girlfriend

Sakura is stupid for still having any feelings at all for Sasuke after all that has happened between them. i mean, she doesn't have to fall for Naruto but gatdamngirl come on

Sasuke is stupid for letting emotions control him to the point where he did the stupid things he did and on top of that he was so emotionally driven that it has taken a small portion of part 1 of naruto and all of part 2 so far for him to finally decide where he stands. heck i wouldnt be surprised if he flip flops again and just decides "fuck it and fuck everyone i am still going to fuck things up fuck you naruto"

Naruto is stupid for not having jumped on Hinata by now or at least begun to fall for her

Kakashi is stupid for letting a few people survive so far in the series, tobi being the latest one. he could have killed him and easily chucked it under "yeah there was a chance i could have reached him in the end but right now madara is in the picture and the world as we know it could end thanks to BOTH of them".

there is team 7 for ya

Ninahaza

Hinata> Sakura

Huge boobs they even float in one episode, while Sakura hides her chest.

Uchiha= Emo ninjas.
i would more easily forgive sasuke under the banner of Uchiha=Emo ninjas if not for the more than enough uchiha members that showed that emotion is no end all excuse for their actions. Hell perhaps the best example of that exception is Sasuke's very brother, itachi. so no, there were enough uchihas to prove that being part of the clan did not excuse your emotional impulses. And sasuke is considered a gifted member of the uchiha clan ffs, he should easily be part of that list of "the exception".

OH MY GOD I LOVE MY BROTHER. whaa cry cry cry

sorry i'm just really sick of Sasuke, to the point where there are no more excuses left for him in my book. i'm still very interested to see where kishi takes him after last weeks chapter though

Do you guys have any idea when the Anime filler will end? They started another line of filler smack-dab in the middle of the Ninja War plotline.
The filler is never ever everrrrrrrrrrrr gonna be over. :P
The filler arcs honestly never seem to end, and that's why I've all but given up on the anime. Furthermore, the animations are just getting worse and worse. I miss the quality of old Naruto.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah there have been some Uchiha's that have controlled their emotions but none of them had their whole clan murdered by their brother that they completely trusted, then killed said brother only to find out that their whole clan was ordered to be killed by the village elders and his bro loved him all along.

Sasuke has more reason than any Uchiha ever to have let his emotions screw him up. Emotional impulses doesn't excuse Sasuke's actions, but going through that would screw pretty much anybody up + Uchiha's are genetically predispositioned to go nuts apparently so yeah.

If anyone could go through that and not let their emotional impulses screw them up in some way, they would have to be a mary sue.

The problem is that Sasuke isn't screwed up at all. Before the time skip he was just a whiny, arrogant prick. I'm pretty sure seeing all that murder, blood and guts(not to mention the family part of that massacre) would screw over a child harder than turning him into an angsty teenager who likes the color black and thinks hes the only to suffer ever. I'm talking about real psychological problems dammit. He should have started killing and torturing small animals by age 8 and moved on to humans by 12. Seeing all that, according to Kishi, had no effect on him for some reason. It feels like hes just using that tragedy to make others feel bad for him when it didn't affect him at all.

Post time skip, learning the stuff about Itachi did push him farther into so called "darkness". Again, this reached its peak when he stabbed his "friend"(some annoying chick he never liked). Please, Itachi murdered his entire family when he was 13, Kakashi has been murdering people since like 7(including his friend at like age 13), Zabusa killed god knows how many kids at like age 5~10... You get the point.

Sasuke is just a lil bitch.

The filler is never ever everrrrrrrrrrrr gonna be over. :P
The filler arcs honestly never seem to end, and that's why I've all but given up on the anime. Furthermore, the animations are just getting worse and worse. I miss the quality of old Naruto.
The animation is actually very good to me. The quality is very good during the
era, especially (read at your own risk)
4th Great Ninja War parts

I dunno, the anime has had some horrid animation as well. Consider the episode when Naruto in nine tails mode was fighting Pain, looked like it was drawn and colored by a fucking 2 year old...all the more tragic when you consider that was a pretty epic fight in the manga.

Ninahaza

The problem is that Sasuke isn't screwed up at all. Before the time skip he was just a whiny, arrogant prick. I'm pretty sure seeing all that murder, blood and guts(not to mention the family part of that massacre) would screw over a child harder than turning him into an angsty teenager who likes the color black and thinks hes the only to suffer ever. I'm talking about real psychological problems dammit. He should have started killing and torturing small animals by age 8 and moved on to humans by 12. Seeing all that, according to Kishi, had no effect on him for some reason. It feels like hes just using that tragedy to make others feel bad for him when it didn't affect him at all.

Post time skip, learning the stuff about Itachi did push him farther into so called "darkness". Again, this reached its peak when he stabbed his "friend"(some annoying chick he never liked). Please, Itachi murdered his entire family when he was 13, Kakashi has been murdering people since like 7(including his friend at like age 13), Zabusa killed god knows how many kids at like age 5~10... You get the point.

Sasuke is just a lil bitch.
Well shit, I never thought I'd see the day I endorse a post by somehero on Naruto. This is making me feel all kinds of weird

phantom

Banned deucer.
Oh wow, Sakura actually did something. Lets see how long it takes until she becomes the damsel in distress again.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
No effect? He dedicated his whole life to killing his brother. Maybe we have different definitions but that's definitely screwed up to me.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Sakura shows up that great power then needs naruto and sasuke to save her again....? what ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)