Naruto (Spoilers ITT)

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
well at least gai gets to look cool while dying, hopefully it progresses the plot somehow besides madara being super powerful |=[

Holy shit, Izanami is like the ultimate Jutsu of the Naruto world...

Same effect and just as powerful as talk-no-jutsu, but requiring only a fraction of the wasted pages.
But it costs us 1 eye to do it, making it only useful in a pinch. Talk-no-jutsu takes longer, but ultimately costs time instead of a special eye.

...besides its not like anyone was expecting Kabuto to stay "bad", heck he was always more frenemy until he absorbed Orochomaru cells.

I'm excited for the eighth gate. Even if Gai goes through with it, I'm pretty sure he won't die (at least not perma-death). All the villains are suddenly reforming their ways. That + Edo Tensei bringing closure with older characters makes me think a happy ending is 100% guaranteed. So, no dead good guys allowed.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm excited for the eighth gate. Even if Gai goes through with it, I'm pretty sure he won't die (at least not perma-death). All the villains are suddenly reforming their ways. That + Edo Tensei bringing closure with older characters makes me think a happy ending is 100% guaranteed. So, no dead good guys allowed.
Meanwhile, Neji Hyuuga curses his luck of dying several chapters too early. He's pretty much the first person whose death isn't solidified in order to serve as a plot / character development point (Asuma).

On that note, given that Pain was Edo Tensei resurrected, why didn't Jiraiya get used by Kabuto as Edo Tensei before. I forget if there was a specific reason for that.

How could you not have Jiraiya's DNA? Like, how hard could it be to get.
Well his body is currently lying at the bottom of an ocean (if not eaten by fishes yet), though Kabuto did express interest in having a look at Pain's chakra receivers he impaled Jiraiya with since they might have had enough.

Personally? I just don't think they really wanted to spoil his death by reviving him in a pointless mass rez just to mess with people. And at this point in the game, even if the author revived him, his senjutsu probably won't do squat against Madara as he never perfected senjutsu and had to use the frogs to maintain senjutsu for combat. Madara is just too fast and all it would take is a black ball to disable him or any other revived ninja. They would do better releasing Hashirama instead from that view, as Naruto is getting rezed soon too.

I hope that everyone that does die/is dead, stays dead because reviving everyone would just be pointless, and I swear they're headed in that direction. It ALMOST happened to. Plus, i'm interested in the final gate, they had to reveal sometime.

I am now very sad. But that explains who killed the 7 swordsmen (or several at least).

Sadly epic.

One thing I don't get though, Dai states that Gai can't do ninjutsu or taijutsu, yet it's been stated and shown he can, like when he summoned the turtle. Guessing he just hadn't yet or is it some soft retcon?

Last edited:

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
i mean that was when gai was 5 tho maybe he learned stuff after, but yeah i remember gai using water stuff fo sho

Taking into account that Itachi awakened his Sharingan at 8 (and is considered a very gifted shinobi), yeah, maybe Gai was to young to mold chakra. It was stated that he *decided* to not use Chakra, his dad death have something to do with that?

(Also Dai is the coolest dad ever, no joking)

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Edo tensei bothers me a lot, at one hand you say that you are reviving people at their peak condition as seen with young madara being revived along with the eyes he didn't have at that age and gained them only when he was like old and ancient (AND DIDN'T HAVE THEM WHEN HE DIED since he gave them to Pein) then we get shit like Pein being revived with his crippled legs and the rinnegan which wasn't his own. Fuck. I've been puzzling for weeks.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, Kabuto did modify Madara's Edo Tensei body so he wouldn't come back as a decrepit old man. As for the others, Kabuto didn't bother modifying them. I may be wrong though.

Now Gai's gonna die next chapter :(

I do find it interesting that the others know how the Evening Elephant is performed and what it consists of, considering that you'd think it would be a very rarely seen attack and all. Also interesting that Lee is still stuck at Gate 6, he's gonna have to learn 7 on his own now.

Well...at least Guy is slightly injuring Madara? He is mortal, maybe it'll catch up to him being pummeled. Even he doesn't want to eat all 4-5 punches directly.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I highly suggest reading this chapter with a track from the original Naruto OST called "Need To Be Strong."

So glad to finally see Madara getting his ass kicked because the last few chapters made him seem impossible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)