Naruto (Spoilers ITT)

Screw the whole reverse situation with sasuke and naruto, Orochimaru saying "lol" with a happy face is the highlight of this comic strip....(great one by the way).

Naruto a relationship with Sakura is certainly more complete, but what about Lee, he used to be a viable love candidate for Sakura but I don't recall seeing him since the rookies were important, no reaction to his rivals death, no involvement with the 10 tails, did lee die at some point he's been severely unimpressive in Shippuden, I had thought the operation was a success?

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Um, dude, Lee bisected Madara after Naruto boosted him with Kurama's chakra in one of the more recent chapters...

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Naruto a relationship with Sakura is certainly more complete, but what about Lee, he used to be a viable love candidate for Sakura but I don't recall seeing him since the rookies were important, no reaction to his rivals death, no involvement with the 10 tails, did lee die at some point he's been severely unimpressive in Shippuden, I had thought the operation was a success?
Lee hasn't really done a damn thing since his introduction fight with Gaara, he's just gone to waste like Neji. Someone thinking that he's died feels like more a fault on the writing than on the person themself.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lee hasn't really done a damn thing since his introduction fight with Gaara, he's just gone to waste like Neji. Someone thinking that he's died feels like more a fault on the writing than on the person themself.
It's more of a fault with his fighting style.

Taijutsu isn't all that attractive when you have army-destroying jutsus being thrown around. Same case with Neji.

GDI Taijutsu needs the next OP boost like Ninjutsu and Genjutsu got....

This. Even though Neji is my favorite character i had completely forgot that he died until the other guy said it in this thread a couple pages back. My favorite character... His death(and his character i guess) had no impact on the story or the reader. A meaningless fodder death. Most of the characters right now could die and have no impact on the story. As Madara seems stronger by himself than an army created by every ninja in the story.

So many useless characters. Sakura being the biggest one.

I think if Neji died in the kidomaru fight it'd have gone off better, Choji too but Choji at least had some significance in Shippuden as did the rest of the members of Ino-Shika-Cho, and besides that, the loss of Asuma would feel out of place if the team had already lost Choji.

Is Naruto stronger than Pain now? It's hard to believe how much he's improved in his few months since Shippuden started for him compared to how little he actually learned in his 3 year time skip, if it wasn't for Bleach I'd say Naruto had the most redundant time skip ever.

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
Is Naruto stronger than Pain now? It's hard to believe how much he's improved in his few months since Shippuden started for him compared to how little he actually learned in his 3 year time skip, if it wasn't for Bleach I'd say Naruto had the most redundant time skip ever.
Well in the timeskip Naruto's training was focused more on his basics which were all skewed since he circumvented everything with Shadow Clone Jutsus.

Stuff like hand-to-hand combat, Chakra control, detection and reaction, shurikenjutsu (which he had NO skill in before the timeskip) and defensive genjutsu.

Sure. He didn't learn 100s of super awesome jutsus. But that wasn't the point of the timeskip anyways.

Well in the timeskip Naruto's training was focused more on his basics which were all skewed since he circumvented everything with Shadow Clone Jutsus.

Stuff like hand-to-hand combat, Chakra control, detection and reaction, shurikenjutsu (which he had NO skill in before the timeskip) and defensive genjutsu.

Sure. He didn't learn 100s of super awesome jutsus. But that wasn't the point of the timeskip anyways.
That sound's like Naruto just skipped elementary school and attended special classes in High School.....

So basically nothing right? The TS was a big failure because Naruto was taught nothing new or anything that is helping him right now. I said RIGHT NOW. Where everything you just said is meaningless against freaking gods. He wasted 3 years of his life learning the basics... pathetic.

One Piece did the TS better. The characters learning the skills during the timeskip that they will be mastering in the second half. As opposed to Naruto who learned nothing in 3 years and then mastered stupid hard techniques in like a day.

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
That sound's like Naruto just skipped elementary school and attended special classes in High School.....
Well he was a dunce to begin with. Absolutely ordinary (and below average) apart from some leaking kyuubi chakra, over which he had no control...

So basically nothing right? The TS was a big failure because Naruto was taught nothing new or anything that is helping him right now. I said RIGHT NOW. Where everything you just said is meaningless against freaking gods. He wasted 3 years of his life learning the basics... pathetic.
No. Basics =/= nothing.
He wasn't even supposed to get his fucking ninja license because his skills were so pathetic in part one, just because his home teacher had a change of heart after seeing his "bravery" and shit like that. He needed to get his fundamentals correct before he could "master stupid hard techniques in like a day", just like any irl skill. just because Kishimoto chose to keep it real doesn't mean it's pathetic.
Naruto and One Piece/DBZ etc are very different manga in their approach and premise.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
naruto had mastered basic skills by the end of part 1. he was able to use kawarimi, as well as walk on water and climb trees, which are the only truly significant secondary skills, other than maybe henge which naruto has been a master of since the wave country arc. jiraiya taught naruto the ōdama rasengan in three years. sasuke learned half a dozen assorted raiton and kenjutsu, not to mention honing his sharingan and learning kuchiyose.

basically, from an objective standpoint, naruto had already learned the basics he was lacking throughout the course of part 1. tbh, "lack of basics" was already the excuse for naruto only having kage bunshin and kuchiyose during chūnin exams, but he had to master basic chakra control to summon bunta. the truth is that kishi fucked up the timeskip and used it as an excuse to buff sasuke. naruto's main boosts nowadays are uniformly form-changes, as rasenshūriken hardly saw the light of day until he had sennin mode, and is really just rasengan.

I think the thing to keep in perspective is that Shippuuden ramps up the power creep so much, it makes pretty much anything in part one and the time skip that anyone did during that time look like a waste of time since we're now at the point of ninja gods battling each other. Sasuke is arguably the same, he really didn't emerge at all in early shippuuden looking like he'd learned much since he would just use his cursed seal transformations to survive shit (woohoo he's a bit faster and carries a sword otherwise), and it's not until he starts shitting out his own suusano after Itachi's death that he has another crutch to pull out instead of his cursed seal.

If anything Sakura ironically showed the most growth in ninja skills imo, she can now heal, uses poisons like Shizune, and has Tsunade's precise chakra control that allows her to hit things super strong. Compared with before where she didn't really know...well anything; sure her basics were better than Naruto, but she had really nothing going on for her otherwise, heck we still don't even know what nature transformation her chakra is for example.

Plus, apparently her "true power" is being ass pulled out of who knows where now, so she'll have a bit more growth on top of that. People are thinking it's slug mode, or Tsunade's Yin healing thingy, but I hope she gets something that sets her apart from Tsunade.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lee was never a legitimate candidate for Sakura. Girls don't fall for guys who are obsessed with them and will do literally anything for them. In most (more normal) relationships, the guy has to do some share of ignoring the girl-- something Naruto has done a LOT of in Shippuden. When considering how real-life romances usually work, Kishi has been doing a lot of set up for Naru-Saku as the most natural/likely couple since... well, since Sasuke left the village.

@Taijutsu-- Morning Peacock and Day Tiger are fucking nutz attacks (yes, these are pure Taijutsu-- the first uses friction to create fire, the second uses Speed to create wind; both the friction and speed are produced by purely physical movements that have been jacked up from opening the gates). I'm not sure why Lee didn't get to use obtain either post-time skip, but I guess that's just Kishi's way of jacking up Guy's impressiveness. If Guy had used one of these moves pre-time skip, I'd guess Lee could have gotten one post. Too bad.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Disagreeing that the chapter "made Naru-Saku canon."

Naruto is an idiot when it comes to love, he's always had a crush on Sakura, and Sakura has always been a pretty violent friend to him. You can interpret it in a million different ways, but if Minato had asked him this any time between when Sasuke defected and this point the same sort of sequence would have occurred.

Really at this point I think love / relationship issues have taken a huge backseat to who Naruto is. He's got his priorities set on not letting the world get taken over by psychopaths with absurd jutsus. Inasmuch as his relationships have been developed, Naruto and Sakura's obviously goes back longer because they were on Team 7, but the dynamics are still crush -> respect between Naruto / Sakura and Hinata / Naruto respectively.

Personally I like NaruHina more because it seems to be very uncommon for teammates to get married. For the relationships between the Ino-Shika-Cho teams you'll note not a one of them is married to another. None of the various teams in the series are related to each other, except that Negi and Hinata are in the same clan - different branches. At least to date nobody is a cousin of anybody else. As far as I can recall, Asuma and Kurenai were never on the same team either. Most people seem to either stay within their clan network or marry people that aren't shinobi. Also Hinata doesn't have the issue that she's constantly crushing on a rogue ninja who at one point intended to kill everyone in your village. Her cooking skills are probably better too, and let's be real: Naruto is a perv like Jiraiya and he'd be spying on girls like Hinata more than Sakura.

Therefore, I doubt anyone in Team 7 is getting married to anyone else in Team 7. The highest possible likelihood is Sakura marrying Sasuke, assuming that after they take down the Ten-Tails Orichimaru and Sasuke don't just turn around again and say "yeah we helped you because it's impossible to take over a zombie world ruled through Sharingan hypnotism. We totally still want to kill all of you and rule the world of shinobi." I consider that likelihood high, incidentally.

As far as the TimeSkip, when you have a show with as many characters as Naruto not everyone is going to grow the same over any given amount of time. I would agree however that Naruto really didn't learn anything of substance in the timeskip because basically all the foundations for his Shippuden skillset were learned through training with Kakashi and Yamato. Only the Kagebushin is really from pre-time skip, and that was Naruto's "thing" since episode one basically.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't think there's any real proof at all of Sakura "crushing" on Sasuke after time skip. She doesn't really seem to be bent on him or even really think about him. I mean, when she sees the guy, it's always this blank look and "Sasuke-kun--" which always seemed more connected to surprise than anything else.

Kishi went out of his way to give post-timeskip Sakura a totally different attitude in regards to Sasuke than pre-skip. Pre-skip Sakura is completely obsessed with Sasuke. Post-skip Sakura has a "given-up" attitude to Sasuke, that she sees him as a lost cause. Any time she's on the boat for getting Sasuke back, it almost feels like she's being dragged along by Naruto's desire to do so-- like she's going with it because it's what Naruto is so bent on, and she has to go with it because she's worried about him.

Certainly, she's never as passionate about Sasuke as Naruto is.

I don't think there's any way you could argue that Naruto isn't more focused on/bent on/obsessed with Sasuke than Sakura is. Heck, Sai even reacts to NARUTO'S feelings for Sasuke, with Sakura having to try to explain to Sai the strength of feelings between Naruto and Sasuke-- she's focused on NARUTO's feelings. Sai too, keys in on how Sakura doesn't really seem to care about Sasuke but is constantly worrying about Naruto.

She's always shown worrying more and thinking more (constantly) about Naruto. She even seems constantly annoyed that Naruto still thinks that she loves Sasuke, and gets down-right pissed at him for his assumptions even after she clearly confesses her feelings for him.

I can understand people liking Naru-Hina more (because Hinata is inevitably a more attractive character to a lot of fans), but at this point I think you'd have to be blind to think Sakura cares more about Sasuke than Naruto-- you'd have to be blind to not think that Sakura loves Naruto.

If you really want Naru-Hina to happen, pray that she gets enough screen time and character development to beat Sakura in a direct love rivalry--

and none of this grand-gestures on the battle field crap; Naruto won't fall for her because of that. If Hinata is going to be Naruto's lover, she's got to develop a more real/genuine relationship with him on a personal level-- in personal interactions. As the story is going right now, this doesn't seem likely-- and she really doesn't stand a chance. She just is not getting the time/development for it; it's pretty damn clear that Kishi is setting her up to be sac'd as this wonderful girl who inspired him with grand gestures, but failed to capture his heart.

@development on a personal level-- She's so far behind Sakura in this regard, that I just can't see that relationship happening.

By the panels on the next chapter we can guess is NOT naruto (and I think in the anime sasuke was show completely).

I really got your point in the poor development Hinata have as a character but Sakura stated that she STILL love hokage-to-sasuke.... shithead.

And talking about timeskip development our Hinata girl got fair strong:

Is not like a super ultimate justu but is far stronger to anything she showed pre-timeskip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)