National Dex General Information and Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Two questions:
How is Electric Terrain nerfed? People keep saying how Tapu Koko got worse because of the Electric Terrain nerf but how was it nerfed? I just don't get it.
Also how does Volcarona do in the metagame??

Two questions:
How is Electric Terrain nerfed? People keep saying how Tapu Koko got worse because of the Electric Terrain nerf but how was it nerfed? I just don't get it.
Also how does Volcarona do in the metagame??
It went from a 50% boost > a 30% boost.

Volcarona is pretty good right now with people using it as a check Kartana while being able to setup and win games on the spot. It also likes how hazard focused the meta is with it easily being able to run HDB and have all of its checks worn down aside from Blissey who runs HDB as well.

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
Need help with this:
View attachment 268692View attachment 268693View attachment 268694View attachment 268695View attachment 268696View attachment 268697
Paste
First, I know, HDB Volcarona is much better and blah blah blah, but I'm one of them who likes Z-moves on it so I built the team around Z Volcarona and not HDB Volcarona.
So Volcarona is the sweeper, doing what it always do. The Z-move is used to break past stuff like Ttar and Garchomp. Rilla is the revenge killer and can throw around physical attacks and knock off items. Dragapult is a fast pivot and becomes very powerful with twave. Mega Lopunny is a physical breaker that can also serve as a pivot. Fini and Gliscor form a defensive backbone. Fini defogs and can remove items with knock off and can also check opposing Volcarona. Gliscor is there for physical defense and it can also set rocks and cripple with toxic.
Need even more help with this:
View attachment 268698View attachment 268699View attachment 268700View attachment 268701View attachment 268702View attachment 268703
Paste
So I built this team around Hydreigon and Mega Charizard Y. Hydreigon serves as the sweeper and I gave it my Z slot to break past some of its checks. Dragapult is again a fast pivot that can spread burns with wisp. Zard Y is the wallbreaker that is ridiculously powerful under sun. Rillaboom is a physical attacker and is also the team's revenge killer. Heattom is a slow pivot that can bring pokemon in safely and can also spread poison with toxic. Finally, Clefable is the cleric, stealthrock setter, and can also paralyze foes with twave.
Pls help me. Any suggestions is fine!

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
Volcarona is pretty good right now with people using it as a check Kartana while being able to setup and win games on the spot. It also likes how hazard focused the meta is with it easily being able to run HDB and have all of its checks worn down aside from Blissey who runs HDB as well.
Cool
Does people still use Z-moves on Volca and build around it? Im one of those people who would prefer the ability to break stuff like ttar than hazard immunity

This means a hypothetical RU would have... some crazy stuff.
:gyarados:Gyarados
:keldeo:Keldeo
:muk-alola:Muk-Alola
:togekiss:Togekiss
:manectric-mega:Manectric-Mega
:buzzwole:Buzzwole
:empoleon:Empoleon
:porygon-z:Porygon-Z
:feraligatr:Feraligatr
:terrakion:Terrakion
:klefki:Klefki
:conkeldurr:Conkeldurr
:sharpedo-mega:Sharpedo-Mega
:suicune:Suicune
:primarina:Primarina
:crawdaunt:Crawdaunt
:mamoswine:Mamoswine
:sylveon:Sylveon
:reuniclus:Reuniclus
:aerodactyl-mega:Aerodactyl-Mega
:mimikyu:Mimikyu
:steelix-mega:Steelix-Mega
:nihilego:Nihilego
:haxorus:Haxorus
:celebi:Celebi
:pidgeot-mega:Pidgeot-Mega
:absol-mega:Absol-Mega
:crobat:Crobat
:aggron-mega:Aggron-Mega
:nidoking:Nidoking
:entei:Entei
:chesnaught:Chesnaught
:tentacruel:Tentacruel
:diggersby:Diggersby
:houndoom-mega:Houndoom-Mega (Drought is banned)
:cobalion:Cobalion
:doublade:Doublade
:lucario:Lucario
:venomoth:Venomoth
:gligar:Gligar
:ninetales-alola:Ninetales-Alola (Aurora Veil is banned)
:froslass:Froslass
:heracross:Heracross
:linoone:Linoone
:talonflame:Talonflame
:mienshao:Mienshao
:zoroark:Zoroark
:durant:Durant
:tornadus:Tornadus
:meloetta:Meloetta
:sharpedo:Sharpedo

And some fun Gen 8 mons, like :obstagoon::polteageist: and the combination of :pincurchin::raichu-alola:
Speaking of which what would it take for a Nat Dex RU to be created?

Speaking of which what would it take for a Nat Dex RU to be created?
We've been asked this question a couple of times now and I'd like to publicly clear it up. There are currently no plans to create a National Dex RU. Right now, we would much rather develop our resources and playerbases for National Dex and National Dex UU; currently, we believe that National Dex RU would be a distraction to developping both those metagames. This doesn't mean that we won't reconsider in the future, though.

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
My post in the viability ranking thread was deleted because there wasn't any replay in it, which is weird since there isn't any replays posted in this thread.
Why?

Is there a Natdex Ubers Tier in the works (with clauses)?

AG is full of disenfranchised Ubers players. In previous generations, we once enjoyed the balanced gameplay offered by Smogon rulesets. Now we cant use our favorite mons without being cheesed. Please consider.

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
We don't have any plans of a National Dex Ubers, there could be if there is enough interest, just like the National Dex RU, we could consider it becoming a real thing in the future but right now we would rather let OU and UU develop before letting loose another tier.

Will Galarian Slowbro be able to perform Mega Evolution to Mega Slowbro?
Yes it can, and its legal in all the tiers Galarian Slowbro is allowed in, so it can evolve into Mega Slowbro even in UU despite regular Slowbro being OU by usage.

i would like that the ps teambuilder (if this is the right place for it, tell me if its suggestions) had an actual natdex uu tier and then show natdex untiered below it, its pretty confusing to have bisharp and spinda in the same tier for newer players

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
i would like that the ps teambuilder (if this is the right place for it, tell me if its suggestions) had an actual natdex uu tier and then show natdex untiered below it, its pretty confusing to have bisharp and spinda in the same tier for newer players
This was just implemented on PS pretty recently. Pokemon below the UU cutoff are now put in the “below UU” bracket.
79251DA6-BF18-4636-8991-FE277E5F3A99.jpeg

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
Agreeing with everyone who want natdex ubers. There need to be a place with sleep clause, species clause, and whatnot while still allowing many mons in ubers. Also the removal of MRay is kinda important and I like how SS Ubers did their dynamax clause (though I think Kyurem B should be added ngl). Finally, mons like MMence just need a place to shine in Gen 8.

Note that this is coming from a USUM Ubers player, who like all the new ubers and whatnot but severely dislikes the lawlessness of AG (and the presence of Mray). I really want to try out Zacian-C without dex cuts but also without the chaos of AG.

Avery

Banned deucer.
Will there ever be a national dex doubles (AG form too)? Please say yes because I have a team I have been dying to try out.
We’ve received this question quite a few times, and we have no plans for NatDex Doubles. You could also try asking the Doubles Leaders, as they could potentially have such a format in mind.

why is custap berry not allowed?
Its supposed to be. If its not then its a bug.

Also I would like to defend Natdex AG. I think its way more fun than a Ubers format would ever be. AG is simply has more to offer in terms of team building opportunities. Also no pokemon (like Mega Salamence) is entitled to be viable in a format.

By the way when AG moves to Galar Dex. Can we rename the section to "National Dex OMs"? It would be home to every natdex meta not named OU. I think it would great to clean the forum a little since its somewhat difficult to navigate when finding UU resources.

Last edited:
I
Iwould like to defend Natdex AG. I think its way more fun than a Ubers format would ever be. AG is simply has more to offer in terms of team building opportunities. Also no pokemon (like Mega Salamence) is entitled to be viable in a format.
I don't think Ubers hopefuls are looking to disparage AG. There is just a fundamental difference in how the two play, and some folks enjoy Ubers and the rules tacked on with it over AG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)