Metagame National Dex UU Metagame Discussion - Porygon-Z Banned

Is there something that can check Terrakion while denying it from keeping up rocks? I was hoping to use Mega Sableye, but it gets blown back by SD rockium sets. Skarmory is bopped too.

Last gen I used Gligar, maybe I'll just have to settle for that again?
Scizor can offensively pressure it, because if you set rocks in its face, you risk the threat of being bopped by Bullet Punch.
Swampert threatens a Scald burn if it stays in to set rocks, and it can set rocks back
MDiancie survives any non-banded attack and ohkos w/ moonblast (it only survives when not running hasty and mixed sets aren't too good anyways)
just some things off the top of my head
e: boots starmie also prevents rocks from going up and threatens w/ a psychic

Last edited:
Is there something that can check Terrakion while denying it from keeping up rocks? I was hoping to use Mega Sableye, but it gets blown back by SD rockium sets. Skarmory is bopped too.

Last gen I used Gligar, maybe I'll just have to settle for that again?
Claydol has Rapid Spin and resists both its STABs.
Sirfetch’d has Defog and is somewhat bulky.
Mega Gallade is faster, resists its STABs, can Taunt, or outright kill Terrakion.
Skarmory can is very physically defensive, can Taunt, and Defog too.
Golurk and Runerigus threaten out Terrakion, but only Runerigus could prevent Terrakion from setting up.
Scizor is also good for offensive pressure, and can Defog the rocks away.

Last edited:
Claydol has Rapid Spin and resists both its STABs.
Sirfetch’d has Defog and is somewhat bulky.
Mega Gallade is faster, resists its STABs, can Taunt, or outright kill Terrakion.
Skarmory can is very physically defensive, can Taunt, and Defog too.
Golurk and Runerigus threaten out Terrakion, but only Runerigus could prevent Terrakion from setting up.
Scizor is also good for offensive pressure, and can Defog the rocks away.
I just want to take a minute to say that, while on paper, most of what you suggested, they might sound appealing as a niche pick, but in practice they just fall short
Claydol actually might work in practice but I haven't seen anyone use it so I'll avoid answering that.
Sirfetch'd is indeed a viable pick; however Defog on it is usually a terrible pick.
It gets demolished by CC, and generally you want it banded to maximize breaking potential anyway.
Mega Gallade got banned ;-;
Skarmory, while it has seen usage in roomtours, it is generally obscenely passive, and once you Whirlwind them to their defogger, they're generally forced to switch.
Golurk really doesn't do anything or have anything that makes it stand out save an above average Attack stat when in tandem with its bulk and speed (or lack thereof) really just makes it get outclassed by other hard hitters.
Runerigus is actually a decent choice
Scizor usually doesn't have the slots for Defog
It's either dropping SD, which makes it lose out on breaking potential, Bullet Punch which, aside from losing out on Stab + priority, makes it limited to U-Turn as its only move. Dropping U-Turn is equally, if not more, bad for obvious reasons. And finally, dropping Roost on MSciz has definitely seen usage but not for Defog.

Some updates!

First of all, the council has decided to still wait a bit when it comes to making a final decision on Latios. This for now of course means that it will still be allowed, and be looked into somewhere in the future if deemed necessary.
--------
We also have a VR Update!
Drops
:celesteela:S --> A+
:diggersby:A --> A-
:hatterene:A- --> B+
:altaria-mega:B+ --> B
:nidoqueen:B --> B-
:toxtricity:B --> B-
:arcanine:C --> UR
:cloyster:C --> UR
:polteageist:C --> UR
:scizor:C --> UR

Rises
:hydreigon:A+ --> S
:latios:A+ --> S
:aerodactyl-mega:A- --> A
:breloom:B+ --> A-

Reasonings
:celesteela:
Celesteela mostly dropped because it's just not on par with the other S-ranked Pokémon. It barely has any role compression, can be taken advantage of or just get cockblocked by stuff like bulky Grass types that can easily take Flamethrower like Mega Venusaur. Magnezone easily traps it, stuff like Z-Thunder Latios is basically standard now. A lot of things are just going the wrong way for it to maintain its S ranking.

:altaria-mega:
Mega Altaria dropped because it's just too inconsistent. Dragon Dance sets can barely get anywhere with Pokemon like Mega Scizor and Celesteela being used on every other team. Defensive Mega Altaria can be alright, but just really struggles in a meta with such a huge amount of Steel- and Poison types. Definitely the lowest Mega Altaria has ever been.

:hydreigon::latios:
Hydreigon rose to S rank because of its sheer versatility. It has a variety of sets ranging from Specs, Scarf and Nasty Plot which are all super dangerous. Its one of the best Scarfers in the tier, easily slapped on a team because of its access to U-turn and having a Ground immunity. Specs is a phenomenal wallbreaker that even Fairy types have to beware of. Nasty Plot sets are also extremely dangerous as they can easily demolish anything slower than it because of its access to Z-Moves, breaking even through sturdy Fairy types like Sylveon, Primarina and Florges with some lures like Z-Flash Cannon or Z-Belch. We felt like it's way more consistent and threatening than the other A+ ranks (besides Latios) and rose up.
Latios rose due to how threatening its offensive sets are, CM Z-Move and Specs. Nearly every team in the meta is threatened by it and has a hard time countering it. It also has some nice defensive qualities because of its ability to pivot into Rotom-Heat and Keldeo and firing off strong attacks. A Ground immunity is also nice to take advantage of Pokemon like Hippowdon. It's super strong and a menace to deal with in this meta, deserving of its S rank.
--------
Be on the lookout for some tiering updates after the usage stats come out!

Last edited:
TIER CHANGES

Rises
:scizor-mega: UU --> OU
:magnezone: UU --> OU
:sableye-mega: UU --> OU
:bisharp: UU --> OU
:tapu-bulu: UU --> OU
:celesteela: UU --> OU

:charizard-mega-x: UUBL --> OU

Drops
:kommo-o: OU --> UU
:blacephalon: OU --> UU

We lost a lot of stuff, and got two interesting tools in return. Losing Mega Scizor is huge, as well as good Pokemon like Magnezone and Celesteela. Discuss the new meta here, and how you think these changes affect the metagame!

My first impressions

:sm/latios:
Wow with steels gone this won’t be pretty much limited to electrium z. If this ends up not getting banned it will be more free the wreak havoc than ever.

:sm/scizor-mega:
This was a massive threat and I will honestly be sad to see it go. I can probably expect it to come back next month though with the recent zygarde ban.

:sm/kommo-o:
The two best bulky steels just moved up. Kommonium z is legal. This is going to be an absolute beast.

:sm/blacephalon:
In the early stages of this metagame I experimented with this Pokemon quite a bit, but tyranitar was in uu at the time meaning it was just a deadweight most of the time. With ttar gone it could finally be its time to shine with z calm mind sets and choice specs shadow balls being devastating.

My first impressions

:sm/latios:
Wow with steels gone this won’t be pretty much limited to electrium z. If this ends up not getting banned it will be more free the wreak havoc than ever.

:sm/scizor-mega:
This was a massive threat and I will honestly be sad to see it go. I can probably expect it to come back next month though with the recent zygarde ban.

:sm/kommo-o:
The two best bulky steels just moved up. Kommonium z is legal. This is going to be an absolute beast.

:sm/blacephalon:
In the early stages of this metagame I experimented with this Pokemon quite a bit, but tyranitar was in uu at the time meaning it was just a deadweight most of the time. With ttar gone it could finally be its time to shine with z calm mind sets and choice specs shadow balls being devastating.
tios will be banned either today or tmrw
drei will give the finger to blaceph
screw msciz
i feel like defensive kommo will be better then offensive but who knows

tios will be banned either today or tmrw
drei will give the finger to blaceph
screw msciz
i feel like defensive kommo will be better then offensive but who knows
Not going to lie I forgot hydreigon existed for a minute but I guess so. Blacephalon gets focus blast though, no? So sub sets can beat it if they try to switchin.

The council has decided to quickban Latios
latios.gif

Latios was already one of the best Pokemon in the tier, being feared by pretty much any player as its solid offensive sets in Specs and CM Z-Move allows it to break through many would-be checks like Celesteela and Mega Scizor. With the last tier shift coming upon us, we lost a total of 6 Pokémon, all of which could check Latios. SpDef Mega Sableye, SpDef Mega Scizor, Magnezone, AV Bisharp, and SpDef Tapu Bulu. This has lead to the believe that Latios is to overbearing for the tier and has been quickbanned.

Latios will still receive a retest, as we do think that Latios could still have a chance in the tier with checks like SpDef Jirachi, Alolan Muk and offensive counterplay in Mamoswine, Weavile and Scarf Hydreigon.

With that said, we'll now also be going into a retesting fase.

The council will be retesting Azumarill.
azumarill.gif

We'll be holding two roomtours everyday at 3PM and 5PM EST on nexus. Join the discord if you want to get notified when a tour starts. After a week or so, the council will vote yet again on Azumarill if it can stay in the tier or not.

That is all. Leave your thoughts down below.

The council has decided to quickban Latios
View attachment 234070

Latios was already one of the best Pokemon in the tier, being feared by pretty much any player as its solid offensive sets in Specs and CM Z-Move allows it to break through many would-be checks like Celesteela and Mega Scizor. With the last tier shift coming upon us, we lost a total of 6 Pokémon, all of which could check Latios. SpDef Mega Sableye, SpDef Mega Scizor, Magnezone, AV Bisharp, and SpDef Tapu Bulu. This has lead to the believe that Latios is to overbearing for the tier and has been quickbanned.

Latios will still receive a retest, as we do think that Latios could still have a chance in the tier with checks like SpDef Jirachi, Alolan Muk and offensive counterplay in Mamoswine, Weavile and Scarf Hydreigon.

With that said, we'll now also be going into a retesting fase.

The council will be retesting Azumarill.
View attachment 234071

We'll be holding two roomtours everyday at 3PM and 5PM EST on nexus. Join the discord if you want to get notified when a tour starts. After a week or so, the council will vote yet again on Azumarill if it can stay in the tier or not.

:sm/latias:
It’s latias time.

On a more serious note this was definitely a good decision as latios had very little switchins and will certainly free up team building.

jirachi.gif

Jirachi is gonna be the lord and savior of this tier. With the abundance of really strong fairy and psychic types. It will likely be found on many teams. Spdef sets with Wish will be really good being able to constantly pivot into attacks such as Psychic, Moonblast and Draco from Gardevoir, Diancie and Latias. While as well being able to eat the super effective hits that they can toss out. Taking roughly 37-44 from Garde's Shadow Ball and 41-49% from Diancie's Earth Power. Latias has hp fire but that shit does literally 0
252 SpA Choice Specs Latias Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 236+ SpD Jirachi: 128-152 (31.7 - 37.7%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Rachi can also run scarf sets and a mixed set with E Belt as a lure. Energy ball slaps Hippo pretty bad, Icy Wind hits Thundy on the switch and ur last move is pretty much up to you. Thunder hits Empoleon.

If ur thinking about running magneton to beat rachi, you ain't doing much cause Magneton is an unmon. Free DNite and Raptor. That is all

Attachments

After a bit longer than a week, the council has decided to vote on Azumarill yet again.

1586865459840.png

Since it needed 4/6 votes to get unbanned, Azumarill has officially been unbanned in National Dex UU.
:SS/Azumarill:

Majority of the council thought that Azumarill, albeit being a strong Pokémon, has enough solid switch ins / pivots that are able to heavily threaten Azumarill (Amoonguss, Mega Venusaur, Alomomola, PhysDef Scizor, Mega Slowbro). Bulky Grasses don't get trapped by PerishTrap sets because often they have Poison coverage. Belly Drum sets can sweep unprepared teams, but the tier has generally solid Aqua Jet resists on faster Pokemon that are able to do massive damage back. Azumarill also brings some positive qualities to the table, offering a solid Hydreigon, Weavile and Mega Gyarados check.

We'll now be retesting Latios.

:SS/Latios:

Hopefully in around a week, the council will vote on it again and see if it has a chance to stay or not. This will likely be the last retest, after this actual suspect tests will probably happen.

Again, we'll be holding two roomtours everyday at 3PM and 5PM EST on nexus. Join the discord if you want to get notified when a tour starts.

Ok so we had a massive roomtour today (8 players, wow)
And i'll just post 3 of my teams that i liked (may not necessarily be good) w/ descrip and import
mbee is stupid because it outspeeds scarf mamoswine
https://pokepast.es/2317357e0360f9c1 (it was built for pre-tier shift I adjusted it a bit for post-tier shift but it's still not the best)
I started with daunt b/c its a crazy strong wallbreaker then I added chandelure because the two synergize incredibly well, then i added mvenu because I needed an answer to defensive prim (daunt kinda does that but it can't switch in nearly as easily as can mvenu can), 128 spdef avoids ohko from offensive molt, I added scarf drei for hazard removal, pivoting, and speed control in one, added max spdef prim to deal with drei w/o having to sac, s/o to MS3D for set, and finally arcanine completes the defensive backbone by being a pivot, plus soft checking physical answers

https://pokepast.es/982ce713d4d584dc
I started w/ band darm b/c it's a crazy wallbreaker then i added swampert to deal w/ stuff like rhyp and maggro plus as my rocker.
i added scarf drei for hazard removal and as a measure of speed control, then i went golis, because it's so effective at pressuring stuff w/ spikes, not to mention it's much better with boots, plus it gave priority, and a way of revenging stuff like drei and darm w/o drei. i added mvenu as defensive glue, then clef as a special sponge, plus as a wish passer, plus faded love got salty so that's a plus and CM can be a wincon late game (very very late game xD)

https://pokepast.es/6db2d2ca6f8e8646
I knew I wanted to build around mdiancie given how crazy it is w/ cele, msciz leaving and drei as S, so I started w/ that. I put rocks on it because I don't really like the CM set, then I added gweezing as a way to deal w/ mbee, added pod for spikes, priority, then I added specs chand because it was a really neat wallbreaker, and synergized relatively well w/ mdiancie (mdiancie pressuring drei, chand pressuring sciz), then i needed a special sponge, so I added av muk-a, ev's are to survive eq from mamo (i think with it's LO knocked...?) spdef to survive draco from tios i think, and rest dumped into atk. It pressured shit like sylveon which i had trouble breaking w/ the first four, plus the poison chance was really nice. Finally, i was lacking speed control so i added scarf mamo, unfort mbee outspeeds it by 1 point which i didn't realize until battling, so gweezing is also really nice to answer mbee which i mentioned above.

e: as you may have noticed i am a big fan of scarf drei it just provide so much, esp in tandem w/ pod becuz then drei isn't too pressured as a defogger becuz it's not that good of a defogger, pod is also super good imo, with stuff like drei on every team, it can easily pressure them into easy spikes
extra notes: tios is broken don't retest it
azu is in, so i finally have a reason to run mvenu on every team
faded love don't hate on my baby clefairy

Hey y'all! It's been a short week, but it's time for another announcement.

The council has discussed and decided to keep Latios banned from National Dex UU.
:SS/Latios:

Latios quickly proved to have a super powerful presence in the metagame. Just like last time, both its Specs and CM Z-Move sets were able to put a huge dent in most teams. Even when Jirachi rose in popularity, sets like CM Ghostium Z came up, even breaking through some other would-be checks and counters like AV Hatterene, Mega Gardevoir and Doublade. A double Lati core is just also too much for this meta to handle. Even Alolan Muk couldn't get chipped too much before it dies to +1 Dragonium Z. All in all, Latios already showed how unhealthy and uncounterable it is in the meta, and thus remains banned.

Look out for a Viability Rankings update coming week, as well as some more tiering related stuff. Have a good one!

The long awaited viability rankings update is here! We have lots of changes, and keep in mind that the VR Council went over the entire VR again since we're basically in a whole new meta compared to a month ago. So rather see this as a new VR, instead of an 'update', so I'll not go over the changes since it'll be a fuckton of work and most of the changes speak for themselves. If you ARE very curious about a change though, don't hesitate to DM me or one of the council members, but don't derail this thread with it. Enjoy!

New Additions
:azumarill: → A+
:blacephalon: → A
:kommo-o: → A
:scizor: → A-
:magneton: → B-
:tsareena: → B-
:centiskorch: → C

Rises
:diancie-mega: A → A+
:gyarados-mega: A → A+
:salamence: A → A+
:slowbro: A → A+
:victini: A → A+
:amoonguss: A- → A+
:thundurus: A- → A+
:venusaur-mega: A- → A+
:breloom: A- → A
:conkeldurr: A- → A
:gardevoir-mega: A- → A
:hippowdon: A- → A
:jirachi: A- → A
:scolipede: A- → A
:slowbro-mega: A- → A
:kyurem: B → A
:latias: B → A
:skarmory: B → A
:blissey: B+ → A-
:gengar: B+ → A-
:gyarados: B+ → A-
:togekiss: B+ → A-
:altaria-mega: B → A-
:alomomola: B → B+
:krookodile: B → B+
:crawdaunt: B- → B+
:aggron-mega: B- → B
:florges: B- → B
:haxorus: B- → B
:nidoqueen: B- → B
:toxtricity: B- → B
:buzzwole: C → B
:pidgeot-mega: C → B
:rhyperior: C → B
:rotom-mow: C → B
:comfey: C → B-
:linoone: C → B-
:necrozma: C → B-
:steelix-mega: C → B-
:tentacruel: C → B-

Drops
:keldeo: A- → B+
:reuniclus: A- → B+
:heracross: B+ → B
:mimikyu: B+ → B
:celebi: B → B-
:gligar: B → B-
:houndoom-mega: B → B-
:volcanion: B → B-
:sirfetch’d: B → C
:zeraora: B → C
:porygon2: B- → C
:chandelure: C → UR
:cresselia: C → UR
:hoopa: C → UR
:stakataka: C → UR
:marowak-alola: C → UR
:tornadus: C → UR
:uxie: C → UR

And some more...

NOTE: This is very important for the progression of the entire metagame going forth in the upcoming future. If you enjoy this tier and/or are interested in it, I heavily advice you to fill in this forum.

https://forms.gle/5r6N8xpAwVE883vu8

Basically, the council would love feedback from the community on how they experience the meta. Please fill this in with whatever you desire.

Gonna drop some teams here
https://pokepast.es/0252dcabcf39a16b
:houndoom-mega: :whimsicott: :venusaur: :darmanitan: :sableye: :noivern:
So i knew i wanted to build a sun team, so mega houndoom was an obvious abuser, then i added whimsicott as an obvious setter, next were obvious abusers in venu and darm, finally sab as a secondary sun setter, and noivern as a fast defogger

(not going to bother with a threatlist for obvious reasons)
ok now no more memes
https://pokepast.es/448feb9f19a0eeaf
:kyurem: :golisopod: :banette-mega: :starmie: :passimian: :clefairy:
I started with kyu, cuz i knew how potent it was in OU and wanted to see how good it was in natdex uu, next I added pod, it checks stuff like starmie and mamo, ev's are to avoid emergency exit from triggering if a heattom volt switches on you, 44 spe outspeeds 0 spe conk which isn't a thing but whatever (feel free to lop on 16 more to outspeed hippo) and it sets spikes for you which pressures would-be checks to kyu such as spdef rachi. next, i needed a spinblocker and i went with mbanette because it checks starmie, one of the most common spinners and prankster destiny bond is so good you almost always take one mon with you, often two because its damage output is scary. next i knew i needed a spinner myself, so i went with boots starmie because that's like the default spinner, forgoed psychic because otherwise i give up pump which leaves you walled by steels, toxic which leaves you unable to properly pressure stuff like ddance malt because this team doesn't have mvenu or amoong (admittedly, ddance malt is ass rn and almost no one ever uses it due to mvenu and moong being so promimnet) or i give up recover which is not good for obvious reasons. next i needed a scarfer and something that could deter defoggers so i went with passimian, it also had u-turn, passable speed and decent attack so it was a decent scarfer. Finally, i needed something that could handle mdiance and setted rocks so clefairy was an obvious choice plus t-wave cripples many significant threats which lets kyu revenge

:altaria-mega: ddance malt is a bitch but it's never used so whatever
:hydreigon: steelium z drei is also a bit difficult, aim to bait its z-move into pod.
:venusaur-mega: m-venu is also a bitch to break early game i usually try to bring in starmie and threaten it out if the moveset hasn't been revealed yet, crippling it with t-wave is super important and often comes in clutch often times, and once you remove their hazard controller aim to pressure it wit a bunch of spikes, and then kyu goes nuts. this may sound insane cuz m-venu is literally on every other team, but it's not as bad as you think, it doesn't get many chances to come in even with only 1 round of spikes up.
:mamoswine: finally mamoswine, if its knock off mamo over rocks mamo, switching in becomes difficult, because pod without boots is hands down bad. usually its going to click knock early game, so try not to switch in pod for fear of losing boots but pod is an excellent check to rocks mamo. for knock mamo you want to try and neuter it as early as possible with mbanette, if you can't pull it off revenge with passimian.

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Hi guys :)
Rises:
1588313911741.png
1588313916171.png
B to A
Many probably don't agree with this nomination, but the thing is, they're cool checks / counters from Hydreigon, Primarina, Porygon-Z, Keldeo, Kommo-o (Sylveon can carry Moonblast) and Hatterene in the same slot and both offer very useful, Sylveon on the one hand has moves like Wish, Heal Bell, Yawn and Mystical Fire and Florges on the other hand has moves like Synthesis, Defog, also Wish and Heal Bell / Aromatherapy, I think that in this generation they have improved a lot especially with the arrival of Kommo-o, Keldeo, Porygon-Z, CM Primarina and Hatterene, I think A rank is fine.

1588266825477.png
A- to A
Primarina is a massive threat, unlike her Gardevoir-Mega and Diancie-Mega competitions, Primarina does not occupy megaslot, which means that she has free space to carry another mega like Venusaur-Mega or Aerodactyl-Mega and her typing is fantastic, Hydro Pump Specs hits the entire metagame and can also resist monsters like Manaphy or Latias, also the fairy type is an advantage over Manaphy because it hits the ubiquitous dragons, Primarina is highly underrated and must rise to A rank.

1588267945887.png
A+ to A-
1588267952337.png
A to A-
Don't get me wrong, they are both good mons, but they are very easy to count at this time by mons like Hydreigon, Primarina, Blacephalon, Latias Z-Move, Weavile, Xurkitree, Gyarados-Mega, Thundurus, Thundurus-T, Venusaur-Mega and Togekiss who manage to easily stop the two slowbros, are still good pivots, but the trends of the metagame are not entirely favorable for them.

1588266794253.png
A- to A
Gengar is great, SubWoW is a set that breaks easily stall and also has a decent match up against physical attackers, it has enough utility and offense, wherever you see it Gengar is very good, his typing works against threats like Sylveon, Florges , Primarina, Togekiss, Victini, Jirachi and Keldeo Specs locked in Secret Sword and their Nasty Plot sets are a luxury, I can't understand why it still doesn't rise, is very versatile and splashable, A rank for Gengar.

1588273389409.png
1588273402444.png
1588273410762.png
A- to A
I think fairies are very good in this metagame, Altaria-Mega on the one hand is a great sweeper, DD Altaria-Mega can easily sweep many defensive builds from Under Used, not many teams are well prepared to face Altaria-Mega, because it is very versatile too, you can take Phsy Def for Azumarill, Victini and Gyarados-Mega, the aforementioned DD + Roost + 2 Attacks, Sub Dragon Dance or Special Def for Venusaur-Mega and Rotom-H, i think you should have a rise.
Blissey on the other hand is a great special wall with a lot of utility, stall with Terrakion, Primarina, Venusaur-Mega, Victini, Blissey and Filler it seems to me a pretty good playstyle, because they have good synergy and Blissey offers a lot in this playstyle, Also Teleport is a very nice addition for volt turns and Balanced, Blissey has a lot to love and deserves to rise as well.
Thanks to Heavy-Duty Boots, Togekiss no longer has that crippling weakness to Stealth Rock and with Nasty Plot he can sweep much easier, his speed is still somewhat slow which is probably a bit troublesome at times, but Togekiss breaks stall perfectly and also to defensive teams, it definitely doesn't have the potential of an S or an A+, but A is fine, Scarf Kiss is good too, because that variant breaks the offensive teams better.

1588286882052.png
1588286891525.png
A+ to S
They really are pokemon that are certainly threatening in every sense of the word, Victini on the one hand does not really have that many counters, Band Tini lacks safe counters, the best counter is Malt Physically Defensive with 92 Speed to beat Victini in speed after reducing its speed with V-Create, Terrakion Scarf is also a good counter and Diancie-Mega also checks it well and that is precisely why I do not think it is completely broken, but except for Malt and Rhyperior it does not have defensive counters, A+ rank is too low for Victini.
Diancie-Mega is without a doubt, like Victini, she is one of the mons who causes the most pressure in team building, she has few checks besides Slowbro, Primarina and Jirachi, which although they are great, still remains a centralization, It is also very versatile, it can have mixed sets, physical, special or Calm Mind, I think it is quite similar to Victini in the sense of centralization, I think it is if not the best, one of the best pokemon in national dex.

1588290053855.png
1588290058932.png
B to B+
They really are very valuable mons, although both do not have a reliable recovery, they are two very anti-meta choices and offer a way of counting Victini, Diancie-Mega and Toxtricity if it is Rhyperior and Mamoswine if it is Swampert, which few mons can, it is not. That they are great or mons that deserve to be in the A ranks, but they are very good and anti metas without a doubt.

1588290097084.png
B to B+ / A-
Suicune SubCM is pretty good, because it easily checks defensive cores and can be a dangerous wincon under proper conditions, this set doesn't have too many counters except for most metagame dragons either, but it can carry Ice Beam, it's really good and I think that one or two ranks could rise.

1588299112747.png
A to A-
Skarmory is a good mon, but it's a bit outclassed by Jirachi who is a little more versatile with utility moves like Wish and Stealth Rock and has more offensive power, more speed and more special bulk, but Skarmory is still a good mon, just I think it is not at the level of an A rank, A- for Skarmory is perfect.

1588295885673.png
A to A+
Jirachi is not only a very useful mon, but it is also really versatile and key in many teams, it is a great counter for mons like Togekiss, Conkeldurr and Terrakion for example, Jirachi is really good and also has a large movepool, although It competes a little with Skarmory, Jirachi is usually better except in stall maybe, it deserves to rise.

1588296474998.png
B+ to A
Specs Keldeo is one of the main reasons why they take Sylveon, AV Hatterene and Florges which means it centralizes a bit and certainly hits hard and lacks switch ins, B+ rank undervalues it too much, still lacks movepool and is Predictable, but you must play cautiously to beat him, he should rise to the A ranks.

1588296648306.png
B+ to A
AV Hatterene is great, it is a switch in for Keldeo Specs, Gardevoir-Mega, Kommo-o and Hatterene Specs and it has a bit of utility with Mystical Fire, it is like Gardevoir-Mega but without occupying megaslot and with more utility, it can also carry more offensive sets with Trick Room and Calm Mind, slowness is not an advantage because it is difficult for many offensive mons to enter, but it really works well and should rise at least towards A-, but A rank fits better.

1588302844861.png
A- to B
I mean, Gyarados is still a good mon, but there are better options like Salamence, Manaphy, Primarina, Gyarados with Mega, Thundurus-T, Thundurus and Togekiss, I do not see too much niche for Gyarados Normal, I think it should go down to B rank, still his unique typing + his offensiveness gives him a niche, but he is not great or even deserving of the A ranks.

1588303323210.png
B- to B
It is a great check from Keldeo, Diancie-Mega, Xurkitree and Primarina and it also offers a lot of utility with Stealth Rock, Recover, Heal Bell is useful sometimes, U-Turn and Leech Seed are great examples, it is a bit outclassed by Venusaur-Mega , but still has a higher niche than B-, NP Celebi is also very nice because it hits things like the aforementioned Venusaur-Mega, Primarina and Diancie-Mega, I think it could go back to B rank.

1588312422417.png
B to B+
I think it also suffers from some competition with Venusaur-Mega and also suffers from competition with Nidoking, but it is still undervalued, unlike Venusaur-Mega it has a defensive typing that allows it to check things like Blacephalon and Jirachi without Zen Headbutt, also It has Toxic Spikes, which makes it a decent choice for various teams. I also mention that unlike Nidoking, Nidoqueen resists V-Create Victini Scarf better, it is similar to Nidoking, but more bulky and in exchange for being less fast and powerful, I certainly see it on par with Nidoking and it is certainly one of the best B rank (Sylveon and Florges are the best).

1588312707544.png
B to B+ / A-
Mimikyu can be very threatening in well-built teams and is very splashy in Hyper Offense alongside monsters like Hydreigon and Obstagoon, SD Mimikyu can sweep underprepared teams. It is quite difficult to wall too, because Ghostium Z Mimikyu can 2HKO Venusaur-Mega, so playing well and being able to put the Z-Move at the right time, you can get rid of Venusaur-Mega and an entire team, it is quite underrated.

1588313044864.png
B to B+ / A-
Like Mimikyu, he is really underrated, his Dragonium Z sets really are very difficult to wall, it works very well in Hyper Offense well built, there is not much more to talk about, it is simply devastating and very useful in certain teams, I think it deserves a raise too.

1588313563929.png
1588313568570.png
A+ to A
Many threats generate too much pressure on these two, they are great walls, but now the teams are more offensive or carry things like Celebi instead, I think they could drop a subrank, just one.

PD: Let me know if there is a viability ranking thread, I comment them here because I do not know where I have to do it, by the way, I have seen that there could be two nice additions to the tier.

1588313891529.png
OU to UU
Not crazy, Dragapult would be a very interesting and healthy addition to the tier, it has counters like Sylveon, Florges, Altaria-Mega, AV Muk Alola, Azumarill SpDef, Mimikyu sometimes, Blissey and Togekiss, so it would not lack counters , It would also give Umbreon some utility by the way and also Gengar and Dragapult would compete quite a bit and offer some things to the metagame, as one more answer for Victini, Hydreigon and Slowbro, I think that in VR it could be in A+, A or even A- rank.

1588314928153.png
OU to UU
Grimmsnarl would offer great support with the screens and is stopped by very powerful Taunt users and Wallbreakers, Bulk Up Grimmsnarl would have his checks as Primarina or Altaria-Mega, this addition will be very interesting too, I think it could be B+ / A- rank.

bye guys :)

Last edited:
tier shifts are out
we got cinderace, celesteela, aegislash, and mega sableye
we lost blacephelon and rotom-heat
BET WE GOT AEGISLASH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)