Necrozma Discussion

Huh. It seems this thing has a connection to Solgaleo, Lunala AND the Ultra Beasts
1. Necrozma: Reminiscent of the Ultra Beasts, this life-form, apparently asleep underground, is thought to have come from another world in ancient times.
2. Necrozma: Light is apparently the source of its energy. It has an extraordinarily vicious disposition and is constantly firing off laser beams.

Reactions: Edu
Hm, this thing is very underwhelming for me, I actually thought it looked the best outta the UB's.

Trash typing and messy move pool are disappointing.

I wouldn't say it gets slaughtered. It has good bulk, prism armour, and brick break. It could beat some dark types one on one if it had to. Focus Blast would have been nice, though.
Brick Break only has 75 Bp and doesnt have impressive attack. It ability will usually allow it to easily take a SE hit. I feel like that Necrozma will be mostly outclassed by other Psychic types.

This thing really is trying to hit the edge-scale right out of the park. Almost completely solid black, has necro in its name, looks jagged and unrefined, has that "I can be ur angle or your demon" thing going for it with the whole morning sun and moonlight thing... Its back story even reads like fan fiction: "MY OC NECROZMA IS AN ANCIENT ULTRABEAST TRAPPED IN OUR WORLD". The signature move seems like a 7 year old's pipe dream after beating RBY hoping to have a Mewtwo with even better Psychic-type hyper beam.

...A-and it WORKS! I LOVE this thing! I can't help it, but all the little things coupled with all the unnerving concept behind Ultra Beasts just makes my inner middle schooler scream! This is probably one of my favorite Gen 7 Pokemon, as weird as that is.

If only the Pokemon was better stat wise or if Hyper Beam attacks weren't garbage once you're over the age of 12. Hopefully it gets a neat inevitable stat upgrade like Kyurem and Zygarde got.

This thing really is trying to hit the edge-scale right out of the park. Almost completely solid black, has necro in its name, looks jagged and unrefined, has that "I can be ur angle or your demon" thing going for it with the whole morning sun and moonlight thing... Its back story even reads like fan fiction: "MY OC NECROZMA IS AN ANCIENT ULTRABEAST TRAPPED IN OUR WORLD". The signature move seems like a 7 year old's pipe dream after beating RBY hoping to have a Mewtwo with even better Psychic-type hyper beam.

...A-and it WORKS! I LOVE this thing! I can't help it, but all the little things coupled with all the unnerving concept behind Ultra Beasts just makes my inner middle schooler scream! This is probably one of my favorite Gen 7 Pokemon, as weird as that is.

If only the Pokemon was better stat wise or if Hyper Beam attacks weren't garbage once you're over the age of 12. Hopefully it gets a neat inevitable stat upgrade like Kyurem and Zygarde got.
Yup. Necrozma is a dark boy. And I love it.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Wow, Necrozma's name sounds cool. Necro (Latin word for death)+Ozma (presumably as in Project Ozma, one of the earliest attempts at detecting extraterrestrial life).
yeah or necro + guzma

GUZMA GETS KILLED BY AETHER THEN HIS CORPSE GETS TURNED INTO AN ULTRA BEAST C O N F I R M E D

I think Necrozma was supposed to intruce the "Light" type. But since adding a new type right off the bat in a new Generation right after XY gen and Fairy, they instead gave it Psychic type and that ability to reduce super effective hits on it.

Soooo...maybe something like this?

Necrozma @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
248 HP / 208 Def / 56 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Moonlight / Morning Sun

This spread allows you to survive just about any Physical Dark, Ghost, or Bug move in the game (I used Jolly CB Crawdaunt as a benchmark), and the same will be true for Special moves after a Calm Mind or two. This set has power and bulk, but a lack of coverage really holds it back. I mean, seriously GF? No Focus Blast? No Thunderbolt?

or perhaps

Necrozma @ Life Orb / Psychic Seed
Ability: Prism Armor
72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This spread speed creeps Adamant Bisharp, and the power and coverage here is fairly solid. Life Orb grants you power, but pairing this with Psychic Terrain and a Psychic Seed really works well. At +1 Defense, it has a chance to survive some powerful hits, and the PT + STAB buff is great for Psycho Cut. Oh, and Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch immunity is quite nice as well.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
This thing is a Pokemon and not an Ultra Beast?!

High Special Attack, Physical is over 100, HP is just below, Special Defence average, and Speed is near dead zone. What is this thing?

Pure Psychic means it has STAB, it even gets Psycho Cut (though if it wants to attack Defense it would just use Psyshock). Despite it being its highest stat, Special is shallow with Power Gem, Charge Beam, Flash Cannon, and Dark Pulse. Physical is much larger with Slash/Return, Rock Blast, Night Slash, Earthquake, Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Brutal Swing, Shadow Claw, Smart Strike, Stone Edge/Rock Slide, and X-Scissor. So you may want to play mix, unless you think you can stay Special and supplement with utilities. Utilities are Moonlight/Morning Sun (okay...), Gravity, Autotomize, Stealth Rock, Iron Defense, dual screens, Thunder Wave, Swords Dance, and Trick Room.

I guess it's nice its Ability is a Filter clone (but then why not just give it Filter?) though Prismatic Laser, well just ask Dialga how often it uses its Signature move. But yeah, not sure what they were doing with this one.

This thing is a Pokemon and not an Ultra Beast?!
Lore is... unclear on that. Its Pokedex entry says that it "may be linked to the Ultra Beasts" or something and "is said to have come from another world" just like the Ultra Beasts.

I guess it's nice its Ability is a Filter clone (but then why not just give it Filter?)
For the same reason Turboblaze, Teravolt, Full Metal Body, and Shadow Shield exist :P

They nearly beat you over the head with the fact that it's an Ultra Beast that came to the Pokemon universe a long time ago. It even has all odd and weirdly placed stats like the others.
I was under the impression it shows up in the postgame with zero explanation just like Giratina in DP, Zygarde in XY, etc, and that the only lore on it was the Dex entry? I have been avoiding story spoilers as well but of course that hasn't gone perfectly, so...

Guys, this thing is definitely related to Solgaleo and Lunala. Just compare their movesets side by side: https://goo.gl/bB32wz
Guys, this thing is definitely related to Solgaleo and Lunala. Just compare their movesets side by side: https://goo.gl/bB32wz
I think all the ultrabeasts have the same level up. But regardless, lot of evidence such as in-game text and being the only ultrabeast banned VGC makes it the 3rd legendary.

Just thought I'd let people know this about Prism Armour.

"Prism Armor reduces super-effective damage dealt to the Pokemon to 0.75x" (UltiMario)

So, I guess it's basically Solid Rock or Filter. It's interesting how they gave Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma abilities that already existed, just with different names.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)