Nerfmons - Submissions Phase #7

The Voting Phase has begun!
If you are unsure on how to vote, please consult the OP.
Note: Submissions not fulfilling full criteria have been removed. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. If your submission is not here and you are unsure why, or if I have misinterpreted some submissions, please tag me in a post. Thanks for your cooperation.

98 / 105 / 75 / 80 / 65 / 97 (520) [No Ability Change] -Fire Blast, -Stealth Rock, -Swords Dance, -Flamethrower, -Shadow Claw (MegaGallade)
Justification: "Now in a similar way to both Excadrill thanks to its movepool, and Flygon also due to its stat distribution, I made sure Garchomp had 520 BST to follow its pre-evolutionary trend (Gible has 300 BST, Gabite 410 BST, so 520 BST is next in line). It's Abilities stay the same, again, due to the evolutionary trend. Lastly, moves. It doesn't make much sense that Garchomp gets Fire Blast and Flamethrower. Sure, it's a dragon, but if anything it's more 'Shark'. This also makes Ferroseed more of a wall too it (not complete counter, as the terrible Fire Fang is still there). Stealth Rock removed as to make a difference with Excadrill, Swords Dance discussed already, and lack of Shadow Claw for ghost-types to wall it better. In all, it still has a niche with Hone Claws, although it hasn't got much speed. It still has a niche with Scarf, although that doesn't have much attack. In all, much like Flygon again, in many cases, but I think it fits well in NU."

--------------------

98 / 119 / 83 / 80 / 73 / 87 (540) [+Damp (HA), -Rough Skin (HA)] -Stealth Rock, -Fire Blast, -Flamethrower, -Fire Fang, -Swords Dance (The Reptile)
Justification: "I wanted to go with a decently high BST but not one that's too low. I thought that 540 is probably a good BST for the new NU Pseudo-Legendaries (and the one I'm going to use for all of them). Because its a land shark, I wanted to give it an ability that reflect the Water-type a bit while not giving it anything particularly good. Damp was chosen to go over Rough Skin, as it fit the bill perfectly. As for the movepool, Stealth Rock had to go, as it gives Garchomp too much utility. I also removed all traces of Fire-type moves from its movepool, as it helps Garchomp a lot and is a bit fitting for a landshark to not be able to control fire. Finally, I removed Swords Dance, as that could still be a strong set due to its good typing and bulk."

--------------------

108 / 118 / 77 / 76 / 99 / 87 (565) [No Ability Change] -Stealth Rock, -Fire Blast, -Flamethrower, -Stone Edge, -Swords Dance (Aasgier)
Justification: "I prefer a fairly high BST for the pseudo-legendaries. 565 seems nice, being above the other mons (like Arcanine and Ledian(!))
Much like the others, I believe Garchomp should not have any Fire-attacks at its disposal, but I kept Fire Fang because many things learn it that have nothing to do with Dragons or Fire-types (Luxray and Arbok, to give a few random examples). Instead I removed Stone Edge, making wallable for a variety of Flying-types even if it still has Rock Slide - but Rock Slide deals much less damage anyway and Skarmory can easily take it. Or Fire Fang for that matter, now that Garchomp no longer has a way to boost it."

--------------------

73 / 110 / 90 / 95 / 65 / 97 (530) [+Quick Feet, -Sand Veil] -Draco Meteor, -Fire Blast, -Stone Edge, -Flamethrower, -Brick Break (zerobreaker000)
Justification: "Losing the Dragon typing is a big thing; without it, Garchomp now loses STAB on Dragon Tail for tank sets, and Draco Meteor for breaking through physical walls. Now its STABs are walled by Grass types, having to rely on Poison Jab, Fire Fang or even Incinerate to break through. At the same time, it has pretty bad special bulk, being OHKOed by many offensive Grass-types even with full investment, much less without. However, it does get a better SpA, making mixed sets more viable."

--------------------

93 / 101 / 87 / 99 / 83 / 102 (561) [+Technician, -Sand Veil] -Fire Blast, -Stealth Rock, -Swords Dance, -Outrage, -Stone Edge, +Air Slash, +Acrobatics, +Bounce (picksome)
Justification: "Well, it's a different approach. First off, it has the Flying type now instead of Dragon type due to the fact that it's Pokedex entries and anime show and tell that it can fly at supersonic speeds, so the type did made scene. For stats, it gets less Attack, and bulk in exchange for a more useable Special Attack. Speed remains unchanged because of the same reason as the typing. In moves, it gets no more Fire Blast, making it rely on the pretty useable Flamethrower, no Stealth Rock because it does not make scene, no Swords Dance, making it run Hone Claws for it, no Outrage as Dragon Claw is better, even with less power, and no Stone Edge as Rock Slide is still pretty good and it gains some Flying moves with Air Slash, Bounce, and Acrobatics. For abilities, it keeps Rough Skin, but gets Technician to do some more shenanigans with STAB Aerial Ace and Bulldoze boosted by Technician as well as some other ones like Dragonbreath."

80 / 100 / 80 / 105 / 80 / 70 (515) [No Ability Change] -Stealth Rock, -Bullet Punch, -Trick Room, -Agility, -Rock Polish (Mr155551)
Justification: "I Tweaked some of Metagross stats so now he has sp.attack as his highest stat at 105 his attack is still decent even at a base 100 it's still strong plus his bulk is bad at 80/80/80 i removed his ability to set up rocks agility rock polish and trick room i also removed bullet punch so now he'll have to rely on his bad speed with no way to abuse it."

---------------------

85 / 90 / 110 / 95 / 90 / 70 (540) [No Ability Change] -Stealth Rock, +Thunder, +Thunderbolt, +Thunder Wave (MegaGallade)
Justification: "Much like Garchomp, I made sure its BST was 540 to follow its pre-evolutionary trend (300BST, 420BST). I removed Stealth Rock since there isn't anything much 'rock-like' about Metagross to begin with. But with meh offensive and defensive stats, I think it was nerfed enough, so I gave it some electric-type moves due to its 'computer-like' mind."

---------------------

70 / 95 / 110 / 105 / 90 / 70 (540) [No Ability Change] -Stealth Rock, -Bullet Punch, -Agility, -Rock Polish, +Thunderbolt, +Thunder (The Reptile)
Justification: "Following the challenge rules, I decided to make Metagross a mixed attacker with a higher SpA by only 10 points. Its offenses are a bit lacking, and its bulk isn't amazing now. I removed Stealth Rock from its movepool to further limit its support options. Bullet Punch also had to go, forcing Metagross to fully deal with its low speed. Following this reasoning, I also removed Agility and Rock Polish, which could otherwise be deadly sets for NU. Finally, Thunderbolt and Thunder were added to its movepool to help with its special coverage. With its new stat spread, it really doesn't excel at any one thing, which makes it a decent fit for NU imho."

---------------------

60 / 85 / 140 / 115 / 80 / 80 (565) [No Ability Change] -Stealth Rock, -Bullet Punch, -Agility, -Rock Polish, +Thunderbolt, +Calm Mind (Aasgier)
Justification: "All those mixed Metagross'es... no, I chose for a purely Special Metagross. It hits hard and has a ton of bulk, and can set up
Calm Mind to boot. It misses the versatility of Gardevoir or Jynx in its moveset but instead has the physical bulk they lack with a massive 140 Def. Thunderbolt because it is a computer which works with electricity, but no Thunder.
Stealth Rock is something way too many mons have, and Metagross is no exception."

---------------------

65 / 85 / 80 / 120 / 110 / 70 (530) [No Ability Change] -Stealth Rock, -Hammer Arm, -Ice Punch (zerobreaker000)
Justification: "As usual, Metagross has 4MSS, though now that it's strictly special, it actually can hit the whole tier neutrally with its STAB plus Shadow Ball. However, Metagross has no way of boosting its SpA, and its lower Def makes it weak to the ever-common Knock Off. It does have Rock Polish/Agility for sweeping, but then it has to choose between bulk or physical move as coverage. Even then, the lack of Hammer Arm and Ice Punch leaves it easily walled the likes of Ferroseed and Vullaby."

---------------------

80 / 100 / 90 / 115 / 90 / 70 (545) [No Ability Change] -Stealth Rock, -Agility, +Thunderbolt, +Earth Power, +Thunder Wave (picksome)
Justification: "Not much for a change, it eliminates the Psychic typing as it does not have any signs of Psychic things in it's design. What makes it unique, though, is the fact that is now one of the few Steel-type Special Attackers. It has less bulk and Attack and the same Speed, as it has a Mega that does make it faster. For moves, it just gets Agility and Stealth Rock remove as the other moves can be exploited. It does gains a little bit of coverage with Thunderbolt and Earth Power. It does get Thunder Wave to paralyze opponents so that it can outpace them."

90 / 104 / 90 / 85 / 90 / 61 (520) [+Intimidate, -Sand Stream] No moveset change. (MegaGallade)
Justification: "Rock / Dark is actually a quite-bad defensive typing, but debatably not as worse as Rock/Ground, so I kept it. Again with my previous submissions, it keeps 520 BST due to pre-evolutionary trend blah blah. However, its stats are kinda meh-looking already, on top of that bad defensive typing. Sand Stream just may be too much, so I gave it Intimidate as its flavor is similar to Unnerve. Lastly, I didn't remove any moves as Tyranitar, despite its good movepool, is quite slow, even with scarf. By not removing any moves, I think it will do well in NU despite these problems."

---------------------

80 / 124 / 85 / 95 / 90 / 66 (540) [No Ability Change] -Pursuit, -Dragon Dance, -Rock Polish, -Fire Blast, +Rock Blast (The Reptile)
Justification: "With its current stats, it is slightly bulk with a bad defensive typing, and strong but not fast. Just like Metagross, I removed the speed boosting moves - in this case, RocK Polish and Dragon Dance. I also removed Pursuit from its movepool, removing something that made Scarf sets so powerful. Finally, Fire Blast was removed for being strong special coverage. Keep in mind it still has Flamethrower - this just makes its mixed capabilities weaker. Finally, I gave it Rock Blast so that it has something to hit sturdy mons (even tho they resist Rock but its something) and I find it weird that it doesn't already get it. Not much else to say - I didn't change its ability because Sand Stream to me is iconic, while its typing is actually pretty bad but unique so I didn't make it Rock / Ground like I was planning too."

---------------------

83 / 93 / 88 / 134 / 114 / 53 (565) [+Defiant, -Sand Stream] -Pursuit, -Rock Polish, -Stealth Rock (Aasgier)
Justification: "T-Tar essentially became a very powerful special attacker. It lost Rock Polish, but it kept Dragon Dance... since Dragon Dance only boosts its Attack and can no longer simultaneously boost its highest attack stat as well as Speed.
It can still run a conventional Dragon Dance set, but with 53 Speed it cannot outspeed anything with a Base Speed of 105 assuming both have a similar nature, which prevents T-Tar from sweeping easily. It can also run a powerful Assault Vest set, but that would need Wish support to remain healthy throughout the match.
Its typing has been kept because Tyranitar is the only mon in the game with that typing, and we need more unique typings as it is. Unlike many Rock-types, it finds itself uncapable of setting up Stealth Rock."

---------------------

90 / 124 / 60 / 75 / 130 / 51 (530) [No Ability Change] -Rock Polish, -Dragon Dance, -Fire Blast, -Superpower, -Power-Up Punch, -Hone Claws (zerobreaker000)
Justification: "Its SpD may look really good, but then you see the Def. the great special bulk combined with Sand Stream may make Tyranitar an impressive special wall, but just about any SE physical moves takes it down - and Rock/Dark has a lot of weaknesses. Now that it has absolutely no boosting moves, Tyranitar has to rely on its decent 124 Atk to attack, but it doesn't quite have the speed to wield a Choice Scarf now; this basically forces it to use Choice Band or Life Orb if it wishes to go offensive. It doesn't even have the SpA to abuse its wide special movepool. Despite this, 124 Atk is still nothing to scoff at, and Tyranitar can still be a great wallbreaker."

---------------------

90 / 104 / 100 / 95 / 100 / 61 (550) [+Intimidate, -Sand Stream] -Stealth Rock, -Pursuit (picksome)
Justification: "Speed does sort of matter when it comes to the NU metagame, but being Tyranitar is not a good thing. Without a high Attack, pretty low speed, and the fact it has no Sand Stream makes this even weaker. Not much else to say other than it can not have Stealth Rock and Pursuit anymore."

90 / 70 / 90 / 100 / 95 / 95 (540) [+Rain Dish (HA), -Ice Body (HA)] +Earth Power, +Recover (Mr155551)
Justification: "First Thing i did was Change Dewgong's Type to Water/Ground i then buffed his stats so now he has 90/90/95 bulk also a really decent base 100 sp.attack and base 95 speed also he's not an ice type anymore i replaced ice body with rain dish which basically does the same thing exept in rain for moves i gave him earth power for a nice stab ground move and also recover for a nice recovery as if he didn't have one already."

---------------------

90 / 85 / 90 / 85 / 105 / 75 (520) [+Swift Swim, -Hydration] +Slack Off, +Scald, +Icicle Crash, +Megahorn, +Freeze-Dry (MegaGallade)
Justification: "A straight-up improvement of Dewgong. Keeping the meh typing is obvious, and the stat I chose to be over 100 was SpDef, as that was Dewgong's highest stat to begin with. It gains Swift Swim to improve its viability as Yellow dex entry states; 'it swims powerfully in (icy) waters', and it also has speed in between the other swift-swimmers of the tier, Ludicolo and Kabutops. It gets Slack Off for recovery and as it's RS dex entry states; 'DEWGONG loves to snooze', and its gets Scald as its RBG dex entry states it 'Stores thermal energy in its body'. Lastly, Icicle Crash and Megahorn are good physical moves that fit flavor-wise. All-in-all, a versatile Pokemon I think will do well.
EDIT: Freeze-Dry is nice STAB."

---------------------

85 / 90 / 65 / 70 / 110 / 65 (485) [+Technician, -Hydration] +Curse (The Reptile)
Justification: "With its new access to Technician, it's physical sets get a lot more deadly. Now it has access to Technician Ice Shard, Aqua Jet, Fake Out, and Icicle Spear. This, along with Curse, make it a powerful Pokemon. However, it still has its weaknesses - its physical bulk is pretty bad, and its typing is still kind of weak. Its also not that strong - 90 attack can only get you so far in life. Finally, it still has that bad Ice-typing, amplifying its bad physical bulk and hampering its good special bulk a bit. It still has Thick Fat and Ice Body as options for bulkier sets, but Technician is the main draw for Dewgong."

---------------------

85 / 85 / 60 / 65 / 95 / 60 (450) [+Submerge (Evades most moves first turn out if Dewgong uses a contact move), -Hydration] +Megahorn (Aasgier)
Justification: "Who needs powerful attacks or even a single stat above 100 when you have an ability like that? Dewgong is now the ultimate revenge killer, no longer even needing Fake Out + other priority to do so. It can revenge a ton of stuff without having sweeping potential like a Gale Wings abuser, keeping it in check, especially combined with a weakness to all hazards which is bad for something that enjoys switching in and out often.
Note however that Submerge does not prevent Dewgong from taking damage if it switches into an attack. Let's say it switches into Tyranitar, which uses Dragon Dance. If it had used Stone Edge, it would have hit (the 2nd requirement having not been fulfilled). Now, on the next turn, Dewgong uses Megahorn. Tyranitar outspeeds, uses Stone Edge and misses (Submerge kicks in; similar to how Fake Out works).
Also note that Submerge does not help in evading attacks that do not miss (like Shockwave, or Thunder and Hurricane in Rain), or attacks that are aided by No Guard."

---------------------

90 / 60 / 80 / 80 / 125 / 70 (505) [+Lightning Rod, -Hydration] +Freeze-Dry, +Slack Off, +Scald, +Power Gem (zerobreaker000)
Justification: "The new Dewgong is a great special wall, able to tank many special hits and recover it all in one go with Slack Off. With Lightning Rod, it can completely wall out the BoltBeam combo, as well as having one of its weakness negated; Additionally, it also boosts its SpA, allowing it to have some offensive presence even with a defensive set."

---------------------

80 / 91 / 80 / 91 / 95 / 101 (538) [+Swift Swim, +Technician, -Hydration, -Thick Fat] +Freeze-Dry, +Scald, +Megahorn, +Bulk Up, +Calm Mind (picksome)
Justification: "A straight-up improvement of Dewgong. Keeping the type is obvious, but it now has better offensives, and 2 new abilities that go with those new stats, Technician and Swift Swim. Both abilities help it and having access to more moves, including some set-up moves which it drastically needed. It gets Freeze-Dry for a way to hit Water-types for Super-Effective damage, Scald because it's a Water-type, Megahorn because it has a horn, and Bulk Up and Calm Mind for a bulky set of each spectrum. It does have flaws. It's type does not help with it's bulky nature, as Ice sucks as a defensive typing. It's attacking stats, while decent, it definately sucks without some boosts."

---------------------

110 / 80 / 50 / 80 / 95 / 40 (455) [+Refrigerate (HA), -Ice Body (HA)] +Hyper Voice, +Slack Off (xD00Mx)
Justification: "Here's Dewgong's X entry: Its body is covered with a pure white fur. The colder the weather, the more active it becomes. So it makes sense it would get Refrigerate, right? However Dewgong's Defense and Speed is lowered severely, but it has higher HP which means that with Refrigerate this thing can be quite amazing. Fake Out Refrigerate go!"

80 / 69 / 95 / 100 / 95 / 90 (529) [+Tinted Lens (HA), -Water Veil (HA)] +Dazzling Gleam, +Moonblast, +Quiver Dance (Mr155551)
Justification: "I Changed Lumineon's Type to Water/Fairy First Buffed his stats so now he has 80/95/95 Bulk 100 Sp.Attack Like Dewgong and 90 Speed I replaced Water Veil For Tinted Lens since Water Veil Did Nothing for Him and For Moves I Gave Him Dazzling Gleam and Moonblast for Stab Fairy Attacks and Also Quiver Dance For Setting Up."

---------------------

79 / 69 / 76 / 89 / 86 / 101 (500) [+Illuminate, -Swift Swim] +Quiver Dance, +Hurricane, +Dazzling Gleam (MegaGallade)
Justification: "Lumineon produces light, and visually suits something Fairy-type (its pre-evolution especially). Anyway, the stat I chose over 100 was Speed as it was the highest already, and 101 gives it a nice speed tier in NU. Lumineon, also visually, looks very butterfly-like in appearance (its pre-evolution especially), and learns a few bug moves already, so I gave it Quiver Dance. It also learns Flying-moves, and as the Butterfly Vivillon can learn it, Lumineon gets Hurricane too. Dazzling Gleam for STAB. Also Illuminate seems like a nerf at first, but it kinda is, as 101 Speed with Swift Swim? No thanks.
Note: This was partially inspired from DDT's Lumineon, if you know what that is. :I"

---------------------

76 / 79 / 76 / 79 / 76 / 104 (490) [+Illuminate, +Shield Dust (HA), -Swift Swim, -Water Veil (HA)] +Quiver Dance, +Tail Glow (The Reptile)
Justification: "Lumineon is a weird beast - its stats are all weird. I kind of kept a similar spread to what it had before - so its stats are really bad outside of speed, which is a respectable 104. However, the reason why I think Lumineon might be viable is because of Quiver Dance and Tail Glow. Tail Glow fits imho because of Lumineon being about bioluminescence and it having a strangly bug-themed movepool. It's also not broken - it only has 79 SpA, after all. Quiver Dance is there because of the resemblance to butterfies and, again, its weird movepool. So despite its bad stats, with these two moves, I think Lumineon is just good enough to compete."

---------------------

76 / 69 / 79 / 82 / 89 / 107 (500) [+Illuminate, -Swift Swim] +Dazzling Gleam, +Taunt, +Defog (Aasgier)
Justification: "Weird stat distributions are fun! Very fun! Illuminate is stupidly obvious and kinda boring, but Lumineon without it feels out of place. Its stat distribution is left similar to what it was, but it slightly buffed on all stats bar Attack since Lumineon doesn't look like it can hit something hard physically anyway. Its Speed stat is exactly one point above Pyroar's, ensuring Lumineon outspeeds it. It gained Dazzling Gleam since it is really in flavor. No Quiver Dance or Tail Glow it has some other uses now, with Taunt, and has Defog without restrictions now, being moved from a Gen IV Tutor move to a level-up move.
Water/Fairy is a cool but fairly rare typing, and it is good something other than Azumarill has it."

---------------------

78 / 60 / 96 / 89 / 86 / 111 (520) [+Water Absorb, -Water Veil] +Whirlwind, +Quiver Dance, +Draining Kiss, +Air Slash, +Hurricane, +Wish, +Energy Ball (zerobreaker000)
Justification: "Being the only Defogger in NU that isn't weak to Rock-type, Lumineon can now fill the niche of a Defogger than can switch into common rock setters, having a 111 Speed, putting it just right above Archeops. Its buffed Def lets it take Rock-type moves which are mostly physical, and Energy Ball and Air Slash take cares of those that are immune to Water. As it has no reliable recovery, Water Absorb is there for Lumineon to come in onto a Water-type move and recovery some of its HP."

---------------------

79 / 59 / 86 / 99 / 86 / 101 (510) [+Torrent, -Swift Swim] +Quiver Dance, +Hurricane, +Moonblast, +Hydro Pump (picksome)
Justification: "Well, it has a very feminine look and the Fairy type helps with it. It gets much better Special Attack and Speed, which does make it even better as a sweeper. It gets Quiver Dance due to it's butterfly like design, Hydro Pump because it needed it, Hurricane because Vivillion gets it, and Moonblast for new STAB. It gets Torrent in place of Swift Swim as with that speed, it's pretty OP."

---------------------

119 / 69 / 86 / 69 / 86 / 91 (520) [+Regenerator (HA), -Water Veil (HA)] +Wish, +Heal Bell, +Defog, +Volt Switch, +Thunderbolt, +Thunder Wave (xD00Mx)
Justification: "I made Lumineon more bulky and gave it the ability to be more of a cleric thanks to Wish passing, and Heal Bell along with Regenerator. It also learns Defog with no incompatibilities now. I have it an Electric typing, because it's glowing isn't it? And it's B2 and W2 entries say it competes for food with Lanturn. Electric moves are a no-brainer."

85 / 107 / 70 / 65 / 80 / 98 (500) [+Drill Horn ('Horn, Jab, Peck and Drill Attacks deal 1.25x damage'), -Swift Swim] +Drill Peck, +Aqua Jet (MegaGallade)
Justification: "Seaking seems too regular to be another type, imo. Otherwise, it's 100+ stat is Attack. Gaining a unique ability due to many of its dex entries mentioning its powerful horn, Drill Horn gives Seaking a wide variety of moves too use, as its Physical movepool is otherwise almost lacking. The only move it gets is Drill Peck, which may seem strange, but it learns 'Peck' already, interestingly, as well as 'Drill Run', so Drill Peck isn't a stretch. All in all, nice (probably Scarfed) attacker. Also, I removed Swift Swim as it might be OP with 98 base speed and decently good attack. Lack of Drill Horn STAB makes sure it isn't too OP.
EDIT: Also, Aqua Jet is good due to its low speed, and another fish with the same speed, Basculin, can learn it."

---------------------

80 / 100 / 65 / 82 / 70 / 83 (475) [No Ability Change] +Aqua Jet, +Drill Peck, +Nasty Plot, +Taunt, +Recover (The Reptile)
Justification: "Seaking is now a strange Pokemon that can either go Special or Physical, both having their pros and cons. Physical has priority in the form of Aqua Jet, and has by far the better coverage, with moves such as Megahorn, Drill Run, Drill Peck, Knock Off, and Poison Jab as options. It is also coming from the stronger attacking stat - 100 is no laughing matter. It can even use Water Veil to not get burned. However, Lightningrod boosts SpA and gives Seaking a nice immunity to electric. Also, despite only having 82 SpA, Nasty Plot can still hit decently hard, especially if you also get the Lightningrod boost. Finally Taunt and Recover give it some cute toys to use for both sets, making Seaking a pretty ok mon."

---------------------

90 / 115 / 65 / 72 / 80 / 83 (500) [No Ability Change] +Aqua Jet, +Drill Peck, +Encore, +Wild Charge (Dream World) (Aasgier)
Justification: "Seaking is a bit of an odd Pokémon. I always saw Lightningrod more as an ability to give it an immunity than an ability to take advantage of (in regards to boosted SpA). It already has Megahorn and Drill Run, which gives it an odd physical moveset and I wanted Seaking to take advantage of that to the fullest.
Immunity to Burns is pretty nifty and Seaking has to choose between either immunity. Encore is a disruption move, which I find more fitting for Seaking than Taunt or such. Wild Charge would mean Seaking is the only Water-type with a physical Electric move, but however, it is unable to be used in conjunction with Swift Swim or Water Veil."

---------------------

95 / 102 / 75 / 55 / 85 / 68 (480) [+Unburden, +Hustle (HA), -Swift Swim, -Lightning Rod (HA)] +Bulk Up, +Drill Peck, +Superpower (zerobreaker000)
Justification: "With the aid of Hustle, Seaking can run a Bulk Up set, easily 2HKO almost the entire tier at +1 save for Ferroseed, but its 4MSS stops it from easily punching through teams. You can also run an Unburden set with, once again, Bulk Up and Sitrus Berry, allowing Seaking to live more hits. Water Veil is kept because it stops Seaking from being burnt, which is pretty important for a set-up tank. Its unboosted bulk is pretty good too, able to take quite a few non-SE hits."

---------------------

85 / 101 / 70 / 90 / 80 / 98 (524) [+Power Drill ('Peck', 'Drill' and 'Horn' moves deal 1.29x damage, Horn Drill becomes 120BP Fighting-type recoil move), +Motor Drive (HA), -Swift Swim, -Lightning Rod (HA)] +Drill Peck, +Wild Charge (picksome)
Justification: "Seaking seems too regular to be another type. The fact it has a Horn and some Horn moves, there's no reason why it has the new ability that makes it unique. Not only it boosts it's power of it's moves, but it makes Horn Drill much better in the compeditive scene. It trades Lightning Rod for Motor Drive to get some Speed. It gains some moves that makes it even better for the goldfish. It gets Drill Peck for the new Ability and Wild Charge for some uniqueness. As in stats, it gains more Special Attack and Speed as well as some more Attack. It does get a little more bulk as well."

---------------------

80 / 112 / 85 / 65 / 80 / 78 (500) [+Whirlpool (Inflicts 'partiallytrapped' status apon use of a contact move), -Water Veil] +Superpower +Swords Dance (xD00Mx)
Justification: Not given, but this will be looked over this week and this week only.

Please PM me (not runbabyrun) with your votes and the voting phase will end by Wednesday (hopefully) Thursday!

Some points that could be discussed:
  • Which submissions do you disagree with and why? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive: No hate]
  • What Pokemon do you want to nerf / buff soon and why? (Preferably PU / BL4 and OU / BL please :])
  • What sets could be made from last week's nerfs and buffs?

Thanks for reading!

Most of the mons look fine to me, but some I don't really like for personal reasons.

The only truly glaring issue I've noticed is with Lumineon. The QD variants are pretty fast, allowing them to outspeed many scarfers. Due to their neutral coverage, generally only Tentacruel and Empoleon can really take them on, and maybe some other bulky Waters too like Suicune and Lanturn. And their typing makes it resistant to most forms of priority, making it harder to deal with especially for Offense (Signal Beam tearing through Ludicolo doesn't really help either).

This is why I suggest Empoleon to be nerfed next if Lumineon is a QD variant, solely due to its typing. I'm well aware it is UU but if we need to check things that typing makes an amazing blanket check. Ferrothorn is in a similar vein.

Furthermore, I suggest Raichu (and Pikachu maybe too?).
And Leavanny, Volcarona and Scolipede have been suggested before.

Oh dear, I didn't even remember QD boosts speed too. Oh well.

In addition to Leavanny, I'd like to suggest buffing Vanilluxe, Beartic, Avalugg, Drifblim and Dusknoir. We don't really have much Ice- or Ghost- type right now, so more would be nice. In the same vein, nerfing Sableye and Gengar would be nice.

The Voting Phase is over! Here are the results:

Garchomp
98 / 119 / 83 / 80 / 73 / 87 (540) [New Abilities: +Damp (HA), -Rough Skin (HA)] -Stealth Rock, -Fire Blast, -Flamethrower, -Fire Fang, -Swords Dance (By The Reptile )
Metagross
80 / 100 / 90 / 115 / 90 / 70 (545) [No Ability Change] -Stealth Rock, -Agility, +Thunderbolt, +Earth Power, +Thunder Wave (By picksome )
Tyranitar
90 / 104 / 90 / 85 / 90 / 61 (520) [New Abilities: +Intimidate, -Sand Stream] No moveset change. (By MegaGallade )

Dewgong
90 / 85 / 90 / 85 / 105 / 75 (520) [New Abilities: +Swift Swim, -Hydration] +Slack Off, +Scald, +Icicle Crash, +Megahorn, +Freeze-Dry (By MegaGallade )
Lumineon
119 / 69 / 86 / 69 / 86 / 91 (520) [New Abilities: +Regenerator (HA), -Water Veil (HA)] +Wish, +Heal Bell, +Defog, +Volt Switch, +Thunderbolt, +Thunder Wave (By xD00Mx )
Seaking
85 / 107 / 70 / 65 / 80 / 98 (500) [New Abilities: +Drill Horn ('Horn, Jab, Peck and Drill Attacks deal 1.25x damage'), -Swift Swim] +Drill Peck, +Aqua Jet (By MegaGallade )

Thanks for all who posted submissions and thanks for all who voted! These changes will soon be added to the spreadsheet later.
Lastly, runbabyrun will post the new submissions soon!

Pokemon currently able to simulate: Keldeo, Excadrill, Magnezone, Garchomp

Thanks for reading and good luck!

I find it funny that Ledian of all things now has a higher BST than Tyranitar.

It is how various design choices interact, which makes this a very curious metagame once we are done at the very end. As I've stated before, I'm wondering if it will play out correctly in the end or if a new, very powerful centralizing threat will pop up...

Sorry for the delay but due to complcations, here are the New Pokemon for modification:

Nerfs: (Note: Keep their normal forms' new, nerfed stats, in mind. Remember Mega-Evolution limits too.)
Mega Garchomp
| Current Stats: 108 / 170 / 115 / 120 / 95 / 92 (700)
Mega Metagross
| Current Stats: 80 / 145 / 150 / 105 / 110 / 110 (700)
Mega Tyranitar | Current Stats: 100 / 164 / 150 / 95 / 120 / 71 (700)

Buffs: (Anyone want to sip some sap?)
Gogoat | Current Stats: 123 / 100 / 62 / 97 / 81 / 68 (531)
Stantler
| Current Stats: 73 / 95 / 62 / 85 / 65 / 85 (465)
Zebstrika | Current Stats: 75 / 100 / 63 / 80 / 63 / 116 (497)

For the challenges this week, pseudo-legendary megas might be hard to nerf, so instead of a challenge, we'll have more of an 'allowance': Megas this week can have ONE extra move removed, as an option. Also, Stantler is the first Normal-type we've retyped right? Well now, Stantler must have two types, while keeping its original Normal-type.

Buff:

Pokemon:
Stantler
Typing Change: Normal / Psychic
New Stats: 93 (+20) / 115 (+20) / 82 (+20) / 95 (+10) / 95 (+30) / 110 (+25)
New Ability: Intimidate / Frisk / Illusion
Added/Removed Moves: N/A
Justification: Psychic was an obvious choice due to the number of Psychic-type moves Stantler learns. Its Pokedex entries also that it has the ability to distort reality and create illusions with its antlers, hence the Illusion ability.

Last edited:
The Voting Phase is over! Here are the results:

Garchomp
98 / 119 / 83 / 80 / 73 / 87 (540) [New Abilities: +Damp (HA), -Rough Skin (HA)] -Stealth Rock, -Fire Blast, -Flamethrower, -Fire Fang, -Swords Dance (By The Reptile )
Metagross
80 / 100 / 90 / 115 / 90 / 70 (545) [No Ability Change] -Stealth Rock, -Agility, +Thunderbolt, +Earth Power, +Thunder Wave (By picksome )
Tyranitar
90 / 104 / 90 / 85 / 90 / 61 (520) [New Abilities: +Intimidate, -Sand Stream] No moveset change. (By MegaGallade )

Dewgong
90 / 85 / 90 / 85 / 105 / 75 (520) [New Abilities: +Swift Swim, -Hydration] +Slack Off, +Scald, +Icicle Crash, +Megahorn, +Freeze-Dry (By MegaGallade )
Lumineon
119 / 69 / 86 / 69 / 86 / 91 (520) [New Abilities: +Regenerator (HA), -Water Veil (HA)] +Wish, +Heal Bell, +Defog, +Volt Switch, +Thunderbolt, +Thunder Wave (By xD00Mx )
Seaking
85 / 107 / 70 / 65 / 80 / 98 (500) [New Abilities: +Drill Horn ('Horn, Jab, Peck and Drill Attacks deal 1.25x damage'), -Swift Swim] +Drill Peck, +Aqua Jet (By MegaGallade )

Thanks for all who posted submissions and thanks for all who voted! These changes will soon be added to the spreadsheet later.
Lastly, runbabyrun will post the new submissions soon!

Pokemon currently able to simulate: Keldeo, Excadrill, Magnezone, Garchomp

I want to say something about Metagross: taking away just Agility doesn't remove anything. It still gets Rock Polish via TM, so we may need to revise that. Tagging picksome as it's his submission.

picksome

Banned deucer.
Nerfs

Garchomp-Mega
Type: / (unchanged)
New stats: 98 / 149 / 103 / 110 / 83 / 97 (640)
(New) Ability: Hyper Cutter
Added/Removed Moves:
-Incinerate
Justification: This is a nice change. Having the same type from before just makes it much better than say, Water/Ground. But the dog days, or in this case, shark days, are over for Garchomp. For stats, it does have a better speed than the regular Mega Garchomp, but it's just from it's regular mega. It's Ability is now Hyper Cutter instead of Sand Force. Sand Force is a pretty useless ability outside of Sand Stream, but this can help. After all, it does have giant scythes. I, like a lot of other people, remove that pesky Incinerate so it's completely helpless against Ferroseed.... unless you run Brick Break, have a partner that uses Knock Off and call it a day.

Metagross-Mega
Type:

New stats: 80 / 135 / 110 / 120 / 110 / 90 (645)
(New) ability: Intimidate
Added/Removed Moves:
-Rock Polish
Justification: Keeping the pure Steel-typing that its nerfed form gets, the stats have been reduced to a standard +20 in each stat. However, the Attack and Special Attack stats are switched, meaning it's more physically offensive than specially. For it's ability, Intimidate was I guess the good option because of it's intimidating design. No Rock Polish, of course. I sorta look over that, so, no more.

Tyranitar-Mega
Type: /
New stats: 90 / 124 / 100 / 125 / 100 / 81 (520)
(New) ability: No Guard
Added/Removed Moves:
-Rock Polish
Justification: Well, this is embarrassing. Having the same type as Krookodile means it can get STAB on Ground-type moves. It has No Guard and a large Special Attack buff, as well as buffs to Speed, Attack, and it's defenses. Well for the move I removed Rock Polish because, like Mega Metagross, it was just too much. It still keeps Dragon Dance, though, and no one ever runs Dynamic Punch, except on Machamp and Golurk, but those are another time.

Buffs

Gogoat
Type:
/
New stats: 123 / 100 / 71 / 97 / 81 / 88 (561)
(New) abilities: Sap Sipper / Technician / Thick Fat
Added/Removed Moves:
+Megahorn, +Rock Tomb, +Stone Edge, +Ice Beam, +Ice Shard, +Flame Wheel
Justification: Gogoat is literally now Ground type. Nuff said for that. For stats, it gets a more bulky Defence and a better speed. It now has Technician for boosting moves like Aerial Ace and Thick Fat for it's design. It also helps with the 4x weakness to Ice it has. For moves, it's pretty complicated. Megahorn seem simple, as well as Rock Tomb And Stone Edge, because of the horns and the fact it roams mountainous regions while also learning Rock Slide, each move in that order. The other 3 moves are pretty strange, but when you look at the origins even closer, you might understand it more. Ice Beam and Ice Shard are here because that since mountainous regions are some of the coldest places on Earth, Gogoat would have harness the power of it via magical powers. Flame Wheel is there because of it's motorcycle origins.
Stantler
Type:
/
New stats: 73 / 115 / 72 / 115 / 65 / 105 (545)
(New) abilities: Illusion / Intimidate / Sap Sipper
Added/Removed Moves: +Crunch, +Sucker Punch (via level-up), +Shadow Sneak, +Double-Edge (via level-up), +Sleep Powder, +Icicle Crash, +Ice Beam, +Dark Pulse
Justification: This is now pretty interesting. I think that Stantler is very evil with all of the hypnotizing and stuff like that, so the Dark type is very sensible. It has much better attacking stats as well as slightly better bulk. For it's ability, Illusion made scene because it makes it's foes confused, making them hallucinate. It can also trick some unexpected trainers. For moves, it gets some new STAB moves, Shadow Sneak, Sleep Powder,and some Ice moves. Each move is there because STAB, Some coverage, a sleeping move, and some coverage because it's like a reindeer, even being shown to be owned by Santa in the anime. It also now learns Sucker Punch and Double-Edge by level up to bypass limitations.
Zebstrika

Type:
/
New stats: 75 / 100 / 73 / 100 / 73 / 116 (537)
(New) abilities: Flash Fire / Technician / Sap Sipper
Added/Removed Moves: +Flamethrower, +Flare Blitz, +Energy Ball, +Megahorn, +Flame Wheel, +Incinerate, +Aerial Ace, +Rock Tomb, +Horn Leech, +Bulldoze
Justification: With the addition of the Fire-type, it will be able to set out from most Electric types. It now has access to a wide amount of coverage. It's stats are now improved to have a better Special Attack and bulk. It now has 2 new abilities for it and has a buttload of moves it gets. Some benefit from an ability or just there for coverage. It also has Megahorn, like my previous 2 ones. It does suffer from a 4x weakness to Ground.

Last edited:
NERFS:
Pokemon: Mega-Garchomp
Typing Change: Dragon / Rock
New Stats: 98 / 149 / 88 / 140 / 83 / 82 (640)
New Ability: Intimidate
Added/Removed Moves: -Brick Break
Justification: This version of Garchomp gains an amazing ability in the form of Intimidate and a ton of attack boosts, but these are evenly spread, making it a fearsome mixed wallbreaker that is nearly unwallable. However, its STAB shifted to Rock instead of Ground, making breaker through bulky Steels much harder than it used to be (even with the Attack boost), especially without its Fire-type moves.

Outside of that, it functions pretty similar to its current Mega cousin - it is a very powerful wallbreaker that can attack on both sides on the spectrum.

Pokemon: Mega-Metagross
Typing Change: Steel / Psychic
New Stats: 80 / 100 / 100 / 140 / 140 / 85 (640)
New Ability: Filter
Added/Removed Moves: -Rock Polish
Justification: Gains a massive defensive buff, as well as 25 SpA and 15 Speed, but it does not hit as hard as standard Metagross with a Life Orb. In exchange, it can take special hits much better, and has Filter to help out with Super-Effective moves on the physical side. It regains its Psychic-typing, and a Ghost and Dark weakness in the process, but instead gains a neutrality to Fighting, a common coverage type for attacking Psychic-types.
Filter helps it in taking the odd Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse, which have much less BP than Focus Blast and are much easier to tank too.
It has an odd stat distribution for Steel-types, but that's why I went along with it; being a rare specially defensive Speel-type that hits hard (Even without boosting item).

Rock Polish has been removed because otherwise removing Agility is kinda void anyway and there's nothing else that warrants removement.

Pokemon: Mega-Tyranitar
Typing Change: Rock / Dark
New Stats: 90 / 124 / 110 / 95 / 130 / 81 (620)
New Ability: Brutality (Sheer Force, but inflicts itself with Taunt status upon entering the battle or Mega Evolving)
Added/Removed Moves: None
Justification: It looks to be a huge buff, but going Mega means it cannot Dragon Dance while being Mega, or even on the same turn for that matter so it always has to account for that. Even worse, if it has Dragon Dance in its moveset, it cannot permit to be forced out at all after it Mega Evolves, which causes it to end up with a dead moveslot.

BUFFS:
Pokemon: Gogoat
Typing Change: Grass
New Stats: 140 / 100 / 60 / 90 / 80 / 60 (530)
New Ability: Sap Sipper / Leaf Guard / Grass Pelt (HA)
Added/Removed Moves: N/A
Justification: The most notable change is how it gained a much higher HP stat - a stunning 140, allowing Gogoat to tank most hits. It can now much easier run a very bulky Bulk Up set, similar to either Gurdurr or even Braviary (Sub + BU + Synthesis + Horn Leech).

I considered Megahorn for it, but the shape of its horns made me avoid it... they don't seem suitable for the brutal charge that Megahorn is meant to be.

Pokemon: Stantler
Typing Change: Normal / Ghost
New Stats: 108 / 102 / 80 / 80 / 80 / 85 (535)
New Ability: Intimidate / Frisk / Sap Sipper (HA)
Added/Removed Moves: Hex, Will-O-Wisp, Phantom Force
Justification: Psychic is too boring (Girafarig has it, and Meloetta too), so I decided to give it a Ghost-typing. While not technically a ghost, its elusive illusions render Fighting-moves horribly ineffective and can make it appear like charging into a ghost. However, there is no good physical Ghost STAB available to give to it, but its typing carries a lot of defensive value especially with a newly added Will-O-Wisp.

Pokemon: Zebstrika
Typing Change: Electric / Fire
New Stats: 75 / 100 / 65 / 90 / 65 / 120 (515)
New Ability: Volt Absorb / Flash Fire / Sap Sipper (HA)
Added/Removed Moves: +Flare Blitz, +Flamethrower, +Solar Beam, +Flash Cannon
Justification: It gets Overheat, and I decided to make it step up a notch. Electric/Fire is a cool typing, and something to have it is always cool. A few Fire moves and Solar Beam because many Fire-types get it. Flash Fire instead of Motor Drive means it can choose between any out of three immunities, which is a nice ability to have.
It also gains Flash Cannon, which can hit various Rock-types, like Golem, Tyranitar and Tyrantrum that would otherwise wall it to hell and back. However, Base 90 SpA isn't that much but it is better than the 80 it used to be. It still allows Special Walls to tank anything Zebstrika has to offer with impunity, though.

Edit: Overlooked that Metagross already lost its Psychic-typing - now it regains it instead.
Also overlooked that I missed Gogoat's description, as well as missing parts of description for the other mons. Happens when you are in a hurry, I guess.

Wednesday edit: rofl @ typo ("elusions" isn't a word :p )

Last edited:

Garchomp-Mega
Type:
(unchanged)
New stats: 98 / 139 / 103 / 115 / 88 / 97 (640)
(New) Ability: Rough Skin
Added/Removed Moves: -Incinerate

Justification: One of the main reasons Garchomp isn't as good as it could be is its huge weakness to Ice Beam. Now, with little SpDef any Ice Beam could beat it by a long shot. 97 Speed with no scarf access is not very good either. Still, keeping Hone Claws access and basically 140 base Attack, and bulk ensuring it can live a few hits, it can sure be threatening. Rough Skin was removed from old Garchomp, yes, but with the addition of spikes to Garchomp's design, it skin must surely be rough now. Lastly, the one move I removed was Incinerate, because really. If you want to remove every natural fire-type move, don't forget Incinerate. Also, it limits its fire-type coverage to Hidden Power, nerfing it.

Metagross-Mega
Type:

New stats: 80 / 130 / 105 / 125 / 100 / 95 (645)
(New) ability: Iron Fist
Added/Removed Moves: -Rock Polish
Justification: Keeping the pure Steel-typing that its nerfed form gets, Iron Fists seemed like the obvious choice due to the array of 'punching' moves it gets, heck- Meteor Mash is boosted by Iron Fist. Its fists themselves are made of some sort of Iron-like metal to begin with. Anyway, the move I removed was Rock Polish. Due to Brawl MK 's post picksome could decide to remove Rock Polish, but for now, I'll remove it in my own submission- It's Metal anyway, not a Rock. Lastly, its stats, similarly to MegaChomp, give it a meh speed tier, nerfing it.

Tyranitar-Mega
Type:
(unchanged)
New stats: 90 / 124 / 110 / 105 / 110 / 81 (520)
(New) ability: No Guard
Added/Removed Moves:
-Dynamic Punch
Justification: A very simple Mega Evolution Boost (+20 to all stats) but I think it works well. As I said before, Rock/Dark is a meh defensive typing to begin with, and 81 Speed isn't much good at all. However, it can still do well, due to its access to Dragon Dance allowing it to outspeed Scarfed Merspirit, and Hone Claws. Instead of Sand Stream, I chose No Guard, as this both increases viability meaning Stone Miss won't live up to its name anymore, but also lowering it in the fact Focus Blast will always hit it. Obviously No Guard Dynamic Punch is OP, even with no STAB, so it has been removed.

Gogoat
Type:

New stats: 123 / 100 / 77 / 67 / 81 / 88 (536)
(New) abilities: Sap Sipper / Thick Fat / Grass Pelt
Added/Removed Moves: +Megahorn, +Grassy Terrain

Justification: Gogoat, interestingly, is the only fully-evolved non-Ground or non-Rock type Pokemon to learn Earthquake by level-up. So thus, it gains the Ground-type, as its coloration and texture more suit the Ground-type than Rock-type. I gave it Thick Fat because of its bulky design (learns Bulk Up, after all) and removal of such a big Ice weakness and because we're giving most bulky grass types thick fat anyway. I didn't want to remove Grass Pelt as it is its signature ability, after all, and it won't be good to remove it out of existance. Lastly, it gets Megahorn due to its Mega... sized... Horns... and Grassy Terrain because of Grass Pelt, and after all its design is similar to that of a Grassy Terrain itself.

Stantler
Type:

New stats: 73 / 105 / 62 / 95 / 65 / 105 (505)
(New) abilities: Frisk / Intimidate / Scarecrow (Immunity to Flying)
Added/Removed Moves: +Phantom Force, +Shadow Sneak, +Ice Beam, +Blizzard, +Icicle Crash, +Sleep Powder
Justification: This may seem like a stretch, but when you delve into what Stantler exactly is, it makes a lot of sense. No dex entries remotely state it has Psychic powers anyway, but anyway, Stantler is actually based off a Japanese kind-of Scarecrow which was used to scare deers (ironically). If you'd want to delve more into it I recommend this article- http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/On_the_Origin_of_Species:_Stantler - as it probably will explain much better than I can. Anyway, the 'Scarecrow' ability makes quite a lot of sense and keeps an immunity to itself. Shadow Force/Sneak are for STAB purposes, Ice Beam, Blizzard and Icicle Crash because of reindeer, and lastly Sleep Powder due to a dex entry from Crystal: 'The round balls found on the fallen antlers can be ground into a powder that aids in sleeping.'

Zebstrika
Type:

New stats: 75 / 100 / 63 / 90 / 63 / 116 (507)
(New) abilities: Lightning Rod / Technician / Sap Sipper
Added/Removed Moves: +Incinerate, +Dark Pulse, +Night Slash
Justification: The Dark-typing is obvious, as its design is very dark-like, almost punk-like in a way. Anyway, Technician gives Zebstrika a nice niche and a differ from Luxray in that it gets quite a few moves that appreciate it, including (now) Incinerate, Flame Charge, Double Kick, Shock Wave, Hidden Power, Charge Beam and more. Incinerate seemed obvious due to the fact it learns Fire-type moves like Overheat and Flame Charge, and is Technician-boosted. Dark Pulse and Night Slash are two STABs, but a high-power Dark STAB move prevents Zeb Lepplin from being too OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: MK

Zebstrika
Type:
(unchanged)

New stats: 85 / 107 / 70 / 65 / 80 / 98 (500)
(New) abilities: Drill Horn ['Horn', 'Jab', 'Peck' and 'Drill' Attacks deal 1.25x damage] / Water Veil / Lightning Rod
Added/Removed Moves: +Drill Peck, +Aqua Jet
Justification: Seaking seems too regular to be another type, imo. Otherwise, it's 100+ stat is Attack. Gaining a unique ability due to many of its dex entries mentioning its powerful horn, Drill Horn gives Seaking a wide variety of moves too use, as its Physical movepool is otherwise almost lacking. The only move it gets is Drill Peck, which may seem strange, but it learns 'Peck' already, interestingly, as well as 'Drill Run', so Drill Peck isn't a stretch. All in all, nice (probably Scarfed) attacker. Also, I removed Swift Swim as it might be OP with 98 base speed and decently good attack. Lack of Drill Horn STAB makes sure it isn't too OP.
EDIT: Also, Aqua Jet is good due to its low speed, and another fish with the same speed, Basculin, can learn it.
Didn't know Zebristrika was a fish :P

I also don't think my tag worked the first time, so I'm gonna tag picksome again to look at this post.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Nerfs
~~~~

Mega Garchomp

/

98 / 129 / 118 / 120 / 98 / 77 (640)
Dry Skin
[-Incinerate]

The big bad Mega Garchomp is here, but with an interesting spread. Now it has a more mixed attacking set going for it. It's ability, Dry Skin, is not as useful as it seems and actually acts more of a nerf than a buff. All it does is deter choice Water-types, as Ice Beam is a common coverage for many Water-types. Dry Skin's flavor is that, as it becomes more spikey, scary, and more of a desert monster, it's skin becomes extremely dry due to it being used to moisture. The main thing Dry Skin does is remove's Garchomp's Fire resist, which is big as Mega Chomp can no longer wall things such as Magmortar. I removed Incinerate because I forgot to do so when removing all of its Fire-type moves ;;. With its bulkier spread, mixed attacking stats that aren't quite high, and its lowered speed MegaChomp finds itself working as either a wall or some type of wall breaker.

Mega Metagross

80 / 125 / 115 / 145 / 115 / 65 (645)
Iron Fist
[-Rock Polish]

Mega Gallade beat me to the punch (hue) on Iron Fist, but I still think its the best ability submission for it. Metagross is now a powerful and decently fast mixed attacker with reasonable bulk. That might make it scary, but normal Metagross outpowers it with LO. Its Meteor Mashes and Bullet Punches are hitting harder than normal Metagrosses though, so it has something over it. Its enhanced bulk also helps it be a bit better, although the lower speed hurts it a bit. Rock Polish was removed because it doesn't make sense to remove Agility but not Rock Polish.

Mega Tyranitar

/

90 / 134 / 130 / 105 / 90 / 71 (620)
Rough Skin
[-Dragon Dance]

Now Mega TTar becomes a powerful Bird Check with its insane 90/130/90 bulk and Rough Skin getting some nice residual on birds. It's 134 attack is nice, but not too crazy, especially without a boosting item. Its 105 SpA lets it run like Fire Blast to surprise would-be checks but its not too crazy, especially without a boosting item. It's Special Defense remains the same, and its speed gets a little boost. However, it loses out on Dragon Dance, which would otherwise be broken (switch into bird, set-up, then win). I know it still has Rock Polish, but 134 without a boost isn't that strong and it doesn't have a good way to boost its attack anymore, which is a bigger concern to me than Rock Polish. Plus, I think normal TTar is probably better at RP due to higher attack power thanks to LO.

~~~

Buffs
~~~~

Gogoat

131 / 90 / 68 / 68 / 91 / 83 (530)
Sap Sipper / Rock Head / Grass Pelt (HA)
[+Head Smash]

I wanted to focus on Gogoat's access to Bulk Up and its naturally higher SpDef. It's SpA, while really cute, has to go in order to give Gogoat more viability. It's special bulk is really nice now, while its physical bulk is ok pre set-up. Its ability Rock Head fits well imho, and pairs well with its coverage moves Wild Charge, Double-Edge, and the new Head Smash. With its nice coverage and good SpDef a Bulk Up set is really potent now. It can either run Horn Leech and 2 coverage moves or the more powerful Leaf Blade and use Milk Drink.

Stantler

/

78 / 95 / 72 / 90 / 75 / 90 (500)
Intimidate / Illusion / Sap Sipper (HA)
[+Taunt]

It's stats are actually not that bad in NU standards, so I only gave it a small boost in stats to get a 500 BST. The main reason why I didn't want to boost its stats too much is because I wanted to give it Illusion, which makes it a nice threat. It also has a new typing which is fabulous - Normal / Psychic is a powerful typing. Illusion also fits flavor-wise - "The curved antlers subtly change the flow of air to create a strange space where reality is distorted." This also supports Psychic-typing - it shows psychic powers with its antlers. Taunt is the final piece of the puzzle for this mon, which works really well with Illusion. Very powerful mon.

Zebstrika

75 / 100 / 66 / 80 / 66 / 116 (503)
Reckless / Motor Drive / Sap Sipper (HA)
[+Submission]

Reckless and Submission make it so that physical sets are now viable, as Wild Charge now has respectable power and Submission has power and gives Zeb strong coverage. It can run Overheat to abuse its decent 80 SpA as well, leaving the last slot to whatever it wants. Not a lot of stat changes here outside of a slight bulk buff to act as a BST buffer. Zebstrika is a Pokemon that actually doesn't need that much to be buffed - just enough to make physical set viable.​

Pokemon:
Mega Garchomp
Typing Change: Dragon/Ground
New Stats: 98/134/128/95/98/87 (640)
New Ability: Inner Focus
Added/Removed Moves:
-Crunch
Justification: Instead of changing the original's base stats, I just made the mega stats base on the newly nerfed Garchomp. This goes the same for the two below.
Losing an item slot makes M-Garchomp weaker than its regular version, but the boosted bulk is more than enough to make it a viable tank. Having a respectable bulk of 98/128/98, as well as the ability to OHKO half of the tier makes it worthy of a mega slot. However, it lacks any form of recovery, has no way to boost other than Hone Claws, and it speed still isn't that good, making it not too hard to wear it down.

Pokemon:
Mega Metagross
Typing Change: Steel
New Stats: 80/125/90/135/115/100 (645)
New Ability: Analytic
Added/Removed Moves:
-Ice Punch
Justification: Analytic may look powerful, but on a poke with 100 base speed? Heh. It has all-around buffed stats except for Def, and while Analytic doesn't work well with its high speed, it can still help with taking out faster pokes... provided you live a hit. Ice Punch is removed because man, that hits too many things that otherwise walls it.

Pokemon:
Mega Tyranitar
Typing Change: Rock/Dark
New Stats: 90/129/155/100/95/51 (620)
New Ability: Solid Rock
Added/Removed Moves:
-Dragon Dance
Justification: Even with a useful defensive ability in Solid Rock, M-Tyranitar wouldn't be too broken in that Fighting-types are everywhere, and not even Solid Rock can completely help it with the 4x weakness. Even more, it's slower and without Dragon Dance too, which hurts its damaging prowess. Still, it's a great counter to birdspam.

Pokemon:
Zebstrika
Typing Change: Electric/Fire
New Stats:
75/100/63/80/63/116(497)
New Ability: Lightning Rod/Motor Drive/Sap Sipper
Added/Removed Moves: +Jump Kick, +Work Up, +Blaze Kick, +Knock Off
Justification: Apparently, there were folktales that zebras got their black color from having fire scorch their white body. So Fire type would fit it. It has the ability to run a mixed sweeper set with Work Up, with the ability to OHKO over half of the tier after that. However, it's also pretty frail, and may have difficulty finding opportunity to set-up. Really, the only reason regular Zebstrika isn't used much is its lack of coverage, and this just about fixed it all.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)