new 2009 albums

Alice in Chains' Black Gives Way to Blue officially comes out in 8 days. So far I am liking what I have heard on the album so far. "YouTube the new stuff if you're interested."

Billy Talent III by Billy Talent and Life Starts Now by Three Days Grace are surprisingly good. I generally don't like their heavier songs, but they really put a lot into their albums this time around. 4/5 for BT3 and 5/5 for TDG's album.
Eww, Billy Talent 3 doesn't nearly have the same quality as BT2 or BT D:

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just realised, something that nobody seems to have mentioned yet is the superb Junior by Royksopp

Chilled yet atmospheric electro with an orchestral undertone (particularly noticeable in Royksopp Forever), with some classic singles in Happy Up Here, The Girl And The Robot and You Don't Have A Clue. Solid album, no filler. Give it a few spins, I guarantee you'll be impressed.

i'll check it out, but i've been thoroughly bored by their previous efforts.

the track with Karin is like the only thing i've liked. :\

I've seen the vid for "Happy Up Here", it seemed pretty cool.

how has nobody mentioned Porcupine Tree's new album The Incident yet?!?

i just saw them in concert last night and they were pretty fucking epic. i got the new album a few hours ago and it hasn't dissappointed me yet
I just missed the concert in Cleveland.
But yeah, Incident is good stuff. Wider range than FOABP, i dig it.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well I just downloaded the new Muse CD, So I am currently on the second play through of this album, and after the first I thought it was decent, but I'm warming up to it now, imo not as good as past muse albums, but by no means is this album bad, I need to listen to it further though.
This is pretty much how I felt about this album. The first few playthroughs weren't so good but that's because I was comparing the music to other Muse work (I think Muse is the best band of all time [inb4 Kanye jokes] so that's a tough standard to live up to). It is still a fantastic album, particularly Uprising. I am fairly biased though, obviously, so yeah...

Oh, that's out? cool. better cover art this time too.

Her EP was really awesome so I'm excited to listen to this. Canadian, too.

I'll listen to the new The Fall of Troy album, but according to some reviewers, it isnt really good.. I hope I'll like it.

HORSE the Bands new album has been leaked, and it's amaaazing!

Dethkloks new album is out now as well, but it doesn't have the same quality as their first album IMO :/

awesome.

i don't care what anyone says...that band is fucking fun to listen to.
Agreed, though I didn't like them at first, they've grown on me a shitload.

I just had to find one song I really liked (bunnies) and then the rest just started sounding better and better to me.

Face of Bear is probably one of my favourite HORSE songs though.

Agreed, though I didn't like them at first, they've grown on me a shitload.

I just had to find one song I really liked (bunnies) and then the rest just started sounding better and better to me.

Face of Bear is probably one of my favourite HORSE songs though.
Cutsmen had me instantly hooked. one of the heaviest breakdowns i've ever heard. xD

they have so many stand-out tracks though, so it's hard for me to pick an absolute favorite.

anyway, really looking forward to checking out the new album. :naughty:

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Reuben's We Should Have Gone To University is out now!!! It's a collection of A-Sides, B-Sides, EP-sides and unreleased tracks. Unfortunately this is their last release as they broke up (or they're on a "hiatus") in 2008 so yeah im just plugging one of my favourite bands here!

they should have been big. record labels are dicks.

Since i'm a hip-hop fan. I've really enjoyed Eminem's Relapse and Raekwon the Chef's "Only built for cuban linx pt. 2"

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. One of my favorite albums of the year to be sure. Pure, clean indie pop.

Edit: Foreys, I just listened to "an anxious object" and absolutely loved it, thanks for mentioning it. my favorites would have to be "seiren" and "soil"

New Fall of Troy's alright. I was a little disappointed. Battleship Graveyard's a fucking awesome song though.

New Converge is incredible. Best album of 2009 hands down.

I still need to listen to new HORSE the band. Apparently it's really fucking good though.

Megadeth damn it! or maybe...

Pearl Jam's best album since Yield or wait...

The 14 year awaited return of the most Metal band in Grunge known as Alice in Chains.

lots of win on this page.

i still need to hear that fun. album, and the new HORSE.

i got Lights on rec from this thread and will listen soon.

new Converge and A Storm of Lights are both fucking great.

I dont know why, but this page wants me make to listen to HORSE the band, Lights, fun. and Converge.

A Storm of Light
shit i didn't know that they were releasing anything other than the split with nadja this year...

and jesu's Opiate Sun has leaked too. i have too much that i need to listen to.

Axe To Fall is great yes. not too keen on Cruel Bloom, but i'm loving everything else.

also i didn't see that Mouse On The Keys was mentioned earlier, good band. their earlier Sezession EP is worth checking out as well.

I listened to fun., HORSE the band, and Converge now

fun. is pretty good, some catchy songs.

HORSE the band surprised me abit, but I am more like a fan of the songs where he isnt screaming that much, like Science Police, which is great.

Didnt like Converge, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)