Move 1: Will-o-wisp
Move 2: Destiny Bond
Move 3: Shadow Ball
Move 4: Thunderbolt
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
EVs: HP 6/SpA 252/Spe 252

Designed just to take out other leads. Will-o-wisp them first then if I have 100% HP I Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt them, and if I have less than half, I use Destiny Bond.
This seems good against Metagross and maybe LeadNite, not so much against anything else.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Metagross often has lum berry and will always 2hko you with meteor mash + bullet punch. Other common leads like Aero and Azelf will taunt you on the first turn and then set up SR. Otherwise, they still set up SR on turn 1, and then they can just stone edge (Aero) for massuve damage or psychic (Azelf), still having their job done. You can barely scratch Heatran, which will always set up SR and then switch out or fire blast. Infernape will also beat you 1 vs 1. I really don't get which leads you're going to beat with that set. At least taunt would prevent things like Swampert or Hippo from setting up SR on turn one, so you should consider it over W-o-W or thunderbolt.

Also, next time you post in this thread expand a bit more on how your set works.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Extremespeed

Your standard SD Lucario with a bit of a twist on the last move. Lucario's third attack has always been used to deal with its counters (crunch, stoneedge,ice punch). I came across this idea after realizing how often gyrados switches in on lucario. With approximately a 20% usage, gyrados is often seen. Employing hp electric would hit gyrados much harder then the standard stone edge. Not only that, this lucario can also be used to scout out opposing gyrados's and kill them off earlier in the game. On bulky and offensive Gyrados's, hp electric OHKO's after stealth rock damage. I havnt done calcs vs a rest talk gyrados but am assuming it wont OHKO. With that being said, most rest talk variations do not use eq so it would most likley still be able to 2HKO. Since many teams do not carry more then 1 lucario counter, employing hp electric on lucario can significantly increase its chance of a sweep.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed

Your standard SD Lucario with a bit of a twist on the last move. Lucario's third attack has always been used to deal with its counters (crunch, stoneedge,ice punch). I came across this idea after realizing how often gyrados switches in on lucario. With approximately a 20% usage, gyrados is often seen. Employing hp electric would hit gyrados much harder then the standard stone edge. Not only that, this lucario can also be used to scout out opposing gyrados's and kill them off earlier in the game. On bulky and offensive Gyrados's, hp electric OHKO's after stealth rock damage. I havnt done calcs vs a rest talk gyrados but am assuming it wont OHKO. With that being said, most rest talk variations do not use eq so it would most likley still be able to 2HKO. Since many teams do not carry more then 1 lucario counter, employing hp electric on lucario can significantly increase its chance of a sweep.
what is the point of running hp eletric in SD lucario if he get thunderpunch already? and stone edge ohko after SD and SR anyway...

clefable deffensive firepower

Move 1: Thunderbolt
Move 2: Ice Beam
Move 3: Cosmic Power
Move 4: Softboiled
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature(s): Modest
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpA/ 4 Spe

modest for max attack.. use magic guard to add on bulk to take hits from both sides..
and then softboiled to heal off damage taken during set up.. and of course t-bolt and ice beam for great coverage

==================================================
Name | Item: Leftovers | Nature: Modest
Offensive WishPass
Moveset | EVs: 108 HP/248 Def/136 SpA/16 Spe
- Wish
- Surf

- Ice Beam

This variation on Wish Vaporeon takes a much more offensive approach to Wish Passing. Vaporeon is blessed with bulky stats, great offensive and defensive typing, and a brilliant base 110 SpA stat, and none of that goes to waste here. Wish is a great move to have in any metagame, especially in one as fast paced as this, where a 50% heal to a teammate can make the difference in a game.

Surf is the obligatory STAB attack, and, when powered by this spread, it inflicts a lot of damage on any non-resistant target. The difference is especially clear when comparing the amount of 2HKOs this Surf gets vs. the Standard set (calcs shown at the end). Ice Beam is a great secondary attack; with prediction it can take out some of Vaporeon's best switch ins if they have taken minimal prior damage. Hidden Power [Electric] is the move that makes Vaporeon one of the best counters to Gyarados. In fact, this Vaporeon counters Gyarados better than the standard, OHKOing after SR + Lefties, something standard can't accomplish.

This Vaporeon plays very much like a Wish Tank. Switch it in on something you can force a switch on, and use Wish on the switch. There are very few things in OU that can OHKO Vaporeon, let alone do more than 50%, so you will essentially get a free attack. After you see how much damage the first attack did, you make your next move based on that. If it deals ~33%, you use Wish again and then attack, and rinse and repeat until they die/switch. If it deals under 50% and the pokemon is close to death, you can attack again, or switch out and wait for an opportunity to setup the Wish + Free Attack cycle again on something you can force a switch on. Of course, you also have the option of passing your Wish to a teammate who can better handle the situation. This Vaporeon requires more prediction and skill to use than the Standard, as you don't have the cushion of Protect for scouting / free heals, but the payoff is big; you're damage output is drastically increased.

This Vaporeon functions best on a Balance team that can make use of her offensive and defensive strengths, and also has pokemon that benefit from Wish. An Offensive Celebi is a great partner for Vaporeon. It can take out opposing Vaporeon that this one struggles with, has complimentary typing with Vaporeon, and benefits from Wish. Defensive Celebi also works, and can switch in more freely. Along with Celebi comes Heatran, and together they form the Fire/Grass/Water combo that is an absolutely fantastic core to base a team around. Latias covers both of Vaporeon's weaknesses, and can setup on many pokemon Vaporeon finds troublesome. Also, Vaporeon deals ~52% to 252 HP/0 SpD Scizor, so a CB Scizor switching into Stealth Rock will be taking almost 64% damage. A Scizor that weak is much easier for a team featuring Latias to deal with.

Another one of the benefits of this Vaporeon is that it isn't easy setup fodder for sweepers such as Kingdra; it takes a huge chunk of health from them if they try to DD in your face, and instantly breaks their sub. Empoleon is also compromised when switching in; its subs are broken fast by HP [Electric]. If you catch a Standard Defensive Celebi on the switch you can deal ~50%, deterring them from switching in to readily to you.

Calc Time!
Key: OWP = Offensive Wish Pass | SWP = Standard Wish Pass

OWP vs. AgiliGross [Surf]: 46.50% - 54.71%. Guaranteed 2HKO after SR.
SWP vs. AgiliGross
[Surf]: 36.78% - 43.77%. 3HKO

AgiliGross vs. OWP [Thunder Punch]: 60.61% - 71.33%. 2HKO
AgiliGross vs. SWP [Thunder Punch]: 53.12% - 62.50%. 2HKO
AgiliGross vs. OWP [Earthquake]: 40.09% - 47.32%. 3HKO
AgiliGross vs. SWP [Earthquake: 35.27% - 41.52%. 3HKO
OWP vs. CB Scizor [Surf]: 48.98% - 57.73%. 95% Chance to 2HKO without SR, 2HKO with SR.
SWP vs. CB Scizor
[Surf]: 39.36% - 46.36%. 17% to 2HKO with SR.

You may find that these pokemon use Vaporeon for setup fodder / an easy transition. Both are 2HKOd now, vs. a comparable 3HKO. This means AgiliGross wastes a turn setting up only to have a turn of damage, while Scizor will only get to come in once, and is crippled for the rest of the game. AgiliGross manages to defeat the Standard Vaporeon, due to Surf not mustering the 2HKO, while Thunder Punch is a guaranteed 2HKO, while it loses to OWP because it is 2HKOd. Again, note that there is no difference in the amount of hits it takes to KO Vaporeon, only in the amount it takes to KO the opposition.

OWP Vaporeon vs. 252 HP/0 SpD Celebi
[Ice Beam]: 46.04% - 54.46%. Guaranteed 2HKO after SR.
SWP Vaporeon vs.
252 HP/0 SpD Celebi [Ice Beam]: 36.63% - 43.56%. 3HKO
Defensive Celebi vs. OWP
[Grass Knot]: 31.24% - 37.76%. 3-4HKO.
Defensive Celebi vs. SWP [Grass Knot]: 29.91% - 36.16%. 3-4HKO.

OWP can beat the Celebi, taking an average of 28% in the process (average minus leftovers), while SWP will take 52%, leaving her open to revenge killing.

OWP vs. Offensive Gyarados [HP Electric] - 82.18% - 97.89%. Guaranteed OHKO after SR.
SWP vs. Offensive Gyarados [HP Electric] - 66.47% - 78.55%. 20% to OHKO after SR.

Offensive Gyara vs. OWP [Stone Edge] - 39.86% - 47.09%. 3HKO.
Offensive Gyara vs. OWP [Stone Edge] - 35.04% - 41.29%. 3HKO.

The OHKO here can make a huge difference: SWP has a 20% of coming out on top if it switched into any thing but Waterfall, while SWP has a 100%. Defensively they both are 3HKOd by his Stone Edge with a very slim % difference.
Conclusion
The information assembled above just shows common and bulky switch ins to the two Vaporeons. In every case, the damage output is significantly different, while the damage taken isn't. The calcs also all show situations where the Standard WishPass Vaporeon is defeated because she can't muster enough power, while Offensive WishPass Vaporeon takes them out in the number of hits required.

One factor I didn't discuss is surprise factor. People tend to assume that if you are packing HP [Electric] you aren't packing Ice Beam, so it is safe to switch in Salamence and set up on you, while they are swiftly OHKOd. The same can be said of Gyarados.

All in all, I think Offensive Wish Pass Vaporeon is a viable, competitive choice for a specific team, and has a niche different than that of Standard WishPass Vaporeon.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Vaporeon needs protect to wall effectively things like Infernape and other Pokemon who might be capable of 2hkoing it. Protect also saves Vappy from random trickers (see Jirachi) or explosions (LO Heatran and Meatagross are good examples), and in general allows you to scout for choiced Pokemon like Flygon or Rotom (or even specs Latias). Also, I think that running some Spe EVs is extremely useful to deal with Scizor, which usually only runs 8 or 12 Spe EVs. Being able to hit it with surf before it u-turns can make the difference.

Machamp @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 200 Att / 252 Hp / 52 Def
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Payback
- Bullet Punch

Hits like a brick while absorbs attacks like a sponge. How does Machamp stack up against OUs top guys?

Gyarados - Gyara switching into Dynamic punch with SR is KOed with Stone Edge with Intimidate factored in. Waterfall deals ~40%+ in return and may not even hit factoring confusion rate.

Zapdos - Only the most offensive Zapdos have a chance of a 2hko with Thunderbolt while it faces the same situation as Gyarados. Roost? Eat a Dynamic Punch with its full power instead!

Salamence/Dragonite - Only CB/LO Outrage have a chance of a 1hko, otherwise faces the same situation as Gyarados. LO 252 Adamant Salamence deals exactly 100% damage on max roll.

Gengar - Only item-boosted Shadow Ball can 2hko while only the rare Choice Specs Psychic and 1hko. Usually a 3hko while Payback is a 1hko. Stone Edge + Bullet Punch helps eases the prediction of a Gengar switch-in.

Rotom forms - Only with WoW does Rotom win. Rotom manages at best a 3hko while Payback is a 2hko.

Latias - Surprisingly enough, Machamp survives Draco Meteor if Choice Specs is absent. Payback + Bullet Punch finishes Latias off. Correct me if I am wrong but Psychic, which obviously 1hkos, is actually quite rare on Latias due to better type coverage with other moves.

Scizor - CBScizor 3hkos with BP while Machamp 2hkos back.
Lucario - Easily survives a LO CC without the SD boost of course.
Mamoswine - CB Earthquake fails to 1hko.
Tyranitar - No Ttar set can even hit the 3hko, at least from my experience, correct me if i am wrong.
Infernape - Standard LO Mixape manages a 2hko.

Your thoughts? All counters to this set have at best a 50% chance to really counter this set due to confusion rate. If im not wrong this set hits perfect neutral coverage and the counter is going to be hit by an at least 100BP move coming off an attack stat of 381 the following turn if they do hit themselves in the confusion.

haunter,i think its clear that protect is not usable on this offensive vaporeon set,the standard vaporeon run hp eletric or ice beam,not both,so gyarados/mence will try to use has setup bait after see that it got one move and not the other,only to be ohko by the atack,i run a set like that,but with different evs,and most of the time i dont use wish,but when i have to use,it help a lot,protect never helped me a lot when i used to run the standard set,make vaporeon live longer is only good if she can do something other then stall the enemy team with protect/wish,i liked the set and the calculation from the damage on most pokemons,showing the offensive power and defensive power of this vaporeon,but...i do agree on the fact it would be beneficial to run enough speed to at least outspeed 8 speed evs scizor,but that is the only pokemon i would bother to outspeed,has it probaly cant aford to lose more then 8 evs on defense/hp

haunter

Banned deucer.
Running a defensive Vaporeon (because regardelss of how you do call it, that spread is still a defensive one) without protect is pointless. Without protect you're not able to heal yourself effectively, hell, even Heatran can beat you 1 vs 1 if it has hp grass. If you want to get rid of protect, you can just use an offensive spread, like modest\252 SpA and maybe with hydro pump over surf for the power boost. And yes, my point about the speed EVs was exactly outspeeding Scizor, hence moving like 16 EVs to Spe would be beneficial anyway.

remember that i said i run the same set with different evs? exactly,i run 252 special atack evs with modest nature,hydro pump is really not recomended even for a offensive vaporeon(she can afford the miss,but yea...) since surf will still do prenty of damage,also remember most heatrans are scarfed so they will be probaly locked into fire blast at the time(i know you where using heatran just has a example,but i wanted to point that out) on a side note,this is the first time i see you saying the word hell,at least now i know you are a human,but i guess you are cold most of the time because its your job to enforce the law around these parts,you cant be a nice guy most of the time,anyway i am already changing the subject,back to vaporeon,i never said protect had no use,i just said i never really used protect because i think i never found the right moment to use,i agree protect is very useful for a free wish,but vaporeon dont ALWAYS need protect to run wish on one of its sets(it does help a lot either way,but its not a must-have),btw...those are the times i wish the eevolutions had recover instead of wish,but that is just my opinion.

I changed the EV spread around to outspeed 12 Spe Scizor. It doesn't lose enough bulk to change the calcs (everything is still the same amount of KOs), and it hits as hard. Vaporeon doesn't need Protect; it is useful, but not necessary. If you can predict adequately, then you can usually get a free hit off of a strong attack stat. You're wrong about Heatran beating this Vaporeon: Offensive Tran has a 60% of being OHKOd after coming in on SR, and if it has taken any damage in addition to SR, it is OHKOd.

I agree, this Vaporeon is still Defensive, but is also Offensive; much more so than the Standard set. The whole point of the set is that this Vaporeon can take many of the same hits the standard set can and dish out a lot more damage in return. It isn't as easily set up on; supposedly safe switch ins to the Standard set take a lot of damage from this set. Also, anyone switching in a Salamence because they only saw HP [Electric] and Surf is in for a nasty surprise -- this happens so often.

The reason I don't use an offensive spread like you mentioned is that it doesn't gain significant kills if you are supporting this Vaporeon with Stealth Rock, while it loses a lot of bulk. There is no reason to use a Wish Vaporeon that can't avoid being taken out by a whole host of attacks. If you would like, I can add Protect as a secondary option to the set; I have already shown that the difference between the two Vaporeons' bulk isn't significant, so it may even be able to effectively utilize Protect, but that's something I'll need to test first.

haunter

Banned deucer.
You're wrong about Heatran beating this Vaporeon: Offensive Tran has a 60% of being OHKOd after coming in on SR, and if it has taken any damage in addition to SR, it is OHKOd.
Lol, obviously Heatran is not swithing into Vaporeon, but vice versa. And LO Tran can 2hko you without protect.

I agree, this Vaporeon is still Defensive, but is also Offensive; much more so than the Standard set. The whole point of the set is that this Vaporeon can take many of the same hits the standard set can and dish out a lot more damage in return. It isn't as easily set up on; supposedly safe switch ins to the Standard set take a lot of damage from this set. Also, anyone switching in a Salamence because they only saw HP [Electric] and Surf is in for a nasty surprise -- this happens so often.
You can pack a counter for Gyara or Mence on your team, depending on the 4th move on Vappy, you don't always need to counter both with one Pokemon, especially when "countering" both means making Vaporeon a mediocre (at best) wall. Ironically, with protect you can outstall mix-Mence's draco meteor alternating wish and protect, hence forcing Mence out, while wihtout protect draco will always 2hko you.

I can add Protect as a secondary option to the set; I have already shown that the difference between the two Vaporeons' bulk isn't significant, so it may even be able to effectively utilize Protect, but that's something I'll need to test first.
Yes, add protect, as you need it if you wish to keep your Vaporeon alive during a good portion of the match.

And yes, 12 Spe EVs are a good number if only for Scizor.

I'm going to test the Vaporeon to see if Protect works with the set I suggested better than it does with the Standard set. I'll update this post with the result. As a side note, I like your new sig.

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

• ~ Taunt
  • ~ Pursuit
  • ~ Stone Edge
  • ~ Earthquake
Meet Tyranitar with Taunt. This Tyranitar's goal is to stop Pokemon from crippling and setting up on it. The main Pokemon this set is meant to defeat is defensive Rotom-A. Normally, Tyranitar comes in and just ends up getting burnt the next turn with Will-O-Wisp. With Taunt however, Tyranitar can prevent Rotom-A from using Will-O-Wisp, pretty much forcing it to switch out. This is able time to use Pursuit on the fleeing Rotom-A. Next time Rotom-A comes it, it will surely die to Stealth Rock damage, allowing Gyarados or Scizor to sweep with their primary counter gone. Make certain however, you don't accidentally switch into a Will-O-Wisp directly, as that will ruin the whole plan.

Taunt also has some other purposes. Skarmory, a fairly common switch in to the standard Choice Band Tyranitar (and a pretty surefire counter to most of the other purely physical sets) is completely shut down by Taunt. It can no longer set up entry hazards, nor recover off its health. Skarmory will be left helpless, only being able to attack with a resisted Brave Bird. Taunt also allows you to Taunt Suicune trying to Calm Mind, allowing Pokemon like Latias or Celebi to beat Suicune a whole lot easier. Furthermore, RestTalk Pokemon who are sleeping can no longer use Sleep Talk, making them helpless. This means sleeping Suicune, or even Machamp can be defeated. I've only used this set with Life Orb, but I'm sure Expert Belt, Life Orb, and even Lum Berry will have their uses.

haunter

Banned deucer.
You should always crunch defensive Rotom since you're faster than them and they will almost always try to burn you with W-o-W. Taunt has its uses on TTar, and being able to force out Skarmory is magnificent. About the item, does LO guarantee some useful KOs? I think that EB is always a great choice on TTar for the surprise factor (until you reveal taunt, obviously).

This is a very flawed but also very threatening special attacker.

Evasive Schemer

Cacturne @ Bright Powder/Wise Glasses
Nature: Modest
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 SpA / 4Def / 252 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot/Energy Ball

As with anything else attempting to sweep, low speed and paper defences do it no favours.
However, it is not lacking in power as basically everything falls to it in at most two hits after a Nasty Plot with the majority being OHKOed.
It will get a few chances to set up as slow Grass weaks or Sucker Punch wary choicers will still run while others locked into inaccurate moves suffer from Sand Veil.
Once it's set up, even the great special wall, Blissey, is 2HKOed by +2 Focus Blast while Curse Snorlax is a likely OHKO with SR (certain with Wise Glasses).
Therefore, slower teams (or teams made slow by paralysis) are dismantled by the appropriate 120 base power move coming off 722 SpA.
It is given a shot against swifter opponents due to the considerable evasion boost granted by Sand Veil and possibly Bright Powder.

Cacturne's best boosting set is generally considered to be the Swords Dance set due to the destructive potential of +2 STAB Sucker Punch.
Sadly, the special attacker misses out on priority but, OTOH, the target cannot evade Dark Pulse by failing to attack and Intimidate is no issue.
So generally, even when you're slower, you'll be attacking and your opponent will be as well while hoping that Sand Veil doesn't do its thing.

Overall, I consider this set to be on the gimmicky side but due to Cacturne's flaws most of its sets have a bit of that aspect.
In fact, I'm guessing that most people who choose to use Cacturne are looking for something hard hitting and different though not necessarily optimal.
Optimal this isn't, but it shares the quality with other Cacturne sets of being damn fun to use (and frustrating to play against!) when it works out.

That set just... won't work. It won't. First of all, Focus Blast is extremely unreliable. It has a pitiful %14 chance to hit twice in a row unless I made a calculation mistake. You'll miss and get smacked by Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Thunderwave from Bliss. Also, with Modest and Max Spd, you hit only lol209 speed, so anything above base 85 Speed will outspeed you without investment. The only sweeper you'll outspeed is Machamp. Your best bet is to run a set like Sub/Plot/Energy Ball/Dark Pulse @ Salac if you want to sweep. However, beware of priority, as you won't get past Scizor and Metagross any time soon.

EDIT: Yes, 7*7 is 49; not 14. I was sleepy :P

CurseTar Set

Item: Leftovers
Nature: Impish/Adamant (depends on your preference for attack or def)
Evs: 6 HP 252 Attack 252 Defense
Moves:

Curse
Payback
Avalanche/Earthquake
Rest/Earthquake/Stone Edge

I merely finetuned this Ttar, true credit goes to Inferno of www.oneclickwifi.net

Hopefully no one else has posted it, I ran through the thread but I didn't see it.

That Cacturne is a great answer for stall teams, but other than that, I don't see much use. Even then, pokemon like Infernape, CM Latias(with Refresh/Safeguard/Substitute), and Tyranitar fair better.

Cacturne is too slow to set up NP.

I've been working on this set a bit now:

blaze infernape
modest
12 hp 252 spa 244 spe
salac berry
substitute
nasty plot
flame thrower
vacuum wave

If you can bring it in on something that will switch out and get a sub up you're guaranteed a NP boost, and +2 blaze flamethrowers hit incredibly hard. The set is unusually similar to subpetya empoleon in that the same things tend to wall it. Ice beam/flamethrower blissey is set up bait, and you can beat her with a +6 flamethrower(71.15% - 83.75% on 252/252 calm, bold is a OHKO). The biggest threats are bulky waters, a +2 blaze flamethrower is still only going to do ~50% to bold suicune. Latias also cannot be beat unless you run hp ice. Heatran and ttar generally get OHKO'd by a +2 vacuum wave unless they are unusally bulky variants, but sandstorm vulnerability can take its toll if you don't get a clean sub % off.

Probably not quite as effective as empoleon since a cb bullet punch will ko infernape at 25%, but it's an interesting set with good sweeping potential. The main advantage is you have a priority move to beat scarfers and other priority users such as lucario, who loses to vacuum wave.

Bulky Revenge Killer "Enter the Dragonite"
Dragonite @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def /HP252
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Outrage
- SuperPower
- Fire Punch
- Extremespeed

I been playing around with this a lot lately and it works similar to scizor with being able to revenge kill easily without getting trapped by magnezone but also has the ability to hit everything very hard and as everyone knows can 2hko the whole meta. Of course stealth rocks is a given. Im not using this as a replacement of scizor but using them both together to pick off every weakend pokemon. Rotom is the only problem for the both of them so a counter is needed.

The Ev's are to make as bulky as possible. I play it as I would scizor but not as a replacement but as a team mate to prevent sweeps a lot of people are still using dragon dance sweepers and choice scarf users. So with powerful Bullet Punches and Extreme Speed I can easily end their attempts. Just to show dragonites power. He does on average 50 percent to Mence, Gyardos, Latias. Of course Stealth Rock is necessary to take full advantage.

That Cacturne is a great answer for stall teams, but other than that, I don't see much use. Even then, pokemon like Infernape, CM Latias(with Refresh/Safeguard/Substitute), and Tyranitar fair better.
Yup, it's mostly dead weight except against slow teams.
But in the universe of what Cacturne can do NP is not all that bad.
Though there is generally little reason to use any Cacturne set over other options you mentioned anyway.

BTW, the person who claimed Blissey will generally win overstated the case.
Blissey's super effective attacks only 2HKO and will have ~65% accuracy while it will always be slower.
It could hope for a misses and use Softboiled/Wish/Protect but if you plot again even Dark Pulse, which may flinch, 2HKOs.

I should try this in NU as it must be one of the most powerful there and will probably face slower/weaker opponents more frequently.
One may even be able to drop Focus Blast as many lower tier special walls are Dark weak with the appropriate HP for more coverage.

Bulky Revenge Killer
Dragonite @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk/56 Speed /HP200
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Outrage
- SuperPower
- Earthquake
- Extremespeed

I been playing around with this a lot lately and it works similar to scizor with being able to revenge kill easily without getting trapped by magnezone but also has the ability to hit everything very hard and as everyone knows can 2hko the whole meta. Of course stealth rocks is a given. Im not using this as a replacement of scizor but using them both together to pick off every weakend pokemon. Rotom is the only problem for the both of them so a counter is needed.

The EV's in Speed is to outpace Agiligross before agility. Or you can add more to outspeed max speed tyranitar and ohko with superpower before getting hit with stone edge
Why eq? Superpower + Aqua Tail provides much better coverage alongside Outrage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)