New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread Mk. 5

haunter

Banned deucer.
a CB aerial ace will always 2hko even the bulkiest Celebi\Shaymin (bold 252 HP\ 252 Def) doing 48% - 56.9%, though you'll need perfect prediction to catch them on the switch in.

Are you remembering lefties? Because that makes the odds of the proposed 2hko very slim. Even not counting leftovers it won't ALWAYS 2hko because as you stated, there's a chance it'll do <50%. Hope that you don't get angry Haunter, because I realize that the last sentence was a bit smart-alec-y. =P

I think he forgot to add "with Stealth Rock"

Anyway, intruiging set.

If my calculations are correct, 188 speed evs and a neutral nature outspeeds Jolly Tyranitar.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I always assume Stealth Rock in my calculations as, you know, they're accepted as a "standard battle condition".

Hi smogon, i have made a new moveset for lucario!

Lucario @ Salac berry
252 atk/252 speed/4 def
inner focus
jolly
~Sword dance
~Endure
~Reversal
~Crunch/ Ice punch/ Thunder punch

The moveset is self explantory.This lucario is usually used when its during late-game and those priority users are dead.Switch in to a resisted move and then use sword dance while he switches, after that use endure.After that, use reversal for a 220 base power with stab and +2 sword dance ohkoes everything in OU except celebi/rotom/gliscor.The secondary move depends on your type of choice.crunch for starmie etc, ice punch for gliscor and thunder punch for gyarados and bulky waters..

Jolly > adamant because when +1 in speed, you will outspeed adamant scarfgon and OHKOing back with reversal.

I hoped this is a set smogon haven't made.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Lucario @ Salac berry
252 atk/252 speed/4 def
inner focus
jolly
~Sword dance
~Endure
~Reversal
~Crunch/ Ice punch/ Thunder punch

The moveset is self explantory.This lucario is usually used when its during late-game and those priority users are dead.Switch in to a resisted move and then use sword dance while he switches, after that use endure.After that, use reversal for a 220 base power with stab and +2 sword dance ohkoes everything in OU except celebi/rotom/gliscor.The secondary move depends on your type of choice.crunch for starmie etc, ice punch for gliscor and thunder punch for gyarados and bulky waters..

Jolly > adamant because when +1 in speed, you will outspeed adamant scarfgon and OHKOing back with reversal.
IIRC this used to be in the analysis, but was removed because it was too prone to priority moves and some scarfers. It should still work though if you manage to remove these threats. However, with support like that you could easily sweep with an ordinary SD Luke.

Nawt really, as 300BP Reversal > 180BP Close Combat. But I don't think the 120 extra BP scores any extra KOs justifiable by the lack of ExtremeSpeed.

In fact, keep Reversal/Flail sweepers in UU and NU where they came from.

Man... we need creative people.

Well, I've seen this a couple times on Shoddy, let's see how this goes.

Salamence's Little Deformed Redhead Brother

Dragonite @Life Orb/Yache Berry
4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Adamant/Jolly/Hasty?
~Dragon Dance
~Outrage
~Earthquake
~Fire Punch/Fire Blast/Thunderbolt?

So yeah...basically an inferior Salamence that might work, switch this into Grass Knots and the like and Dragon Dance twice, that's why Yache Berry is an option to set up on stuff with Ice Beam (namely Blissey). The fourth moveslot is to hit Skarmory and Bronzong, or Gyarados if you get really pissed with Intimidate and have Magnezone in the wings to kill of said Steels.

I thought of a pretty cool Clefable set actually. It doubles as a Special Wall in the early game and it is a great lategame sweeper.

CHARGEBURN CLEFABLE
EVS: 252 HP/4 DEF/ 72 SPatk/ 180 SpDef
Nature: Modest
Item@Flame Orb
Trick
Charge Beam
Ice Beam
Softboiled

This Clefable has two uses as a Special Wall and late game sweeper. I thought of this set when i was using Charge Beam Regice one day. Then I looked at Clefable who has so many options and I realized that I can make an Invincible Sweeper out of it. The Game starts out with switching Clefable in and scouting its counters and then crippling them later with trick to aid Clefable in its sweep later in the game. Then when the opponents team is weakened, Clefable can proceed to sweep with its newfound life orb or leftovers in tow. Charge beam and Ice beam provide great coverage and Softboiled increases its survivability. The EVS and nature are tailored to make Clefable as Specially bulky as possible without sacrificing too much power. 4 EVS are placed in Defense for lulz. Working with this set i found it to be very effective and I wanted to post this before anyone stole my idea :D lol.

This Clefable greatly appreciates scouting with uturn and the like in order to fully reveal potential threats to its lategame sweep.

That Dragonite set isn't using any of Dragonite's advantages....its just some pathetic attempt to resurrect Salamence >.>, the standard Dragon Dance set on the analysis is what Dragonite is all about, a bulky set up sweeper, comparable to Gyarados in terms of offensive role. The whole idea behind using a Dragon Dance Dragonite, is to basically set up, and be able to actually take hits on the way, and being able to either Roost out the weaker moves, or set up another Dragon Dance in the process, allowing you to KO what needs to be KOd.

Not to mention that running 252 Spe EVs is wasteful, at could run 236 Spe EVs to out run Max Spe Heatran, and the scarf variants after a Dragon Dance, but personally I would rather chuck more into HP.

@shizzle: good. can people stop using that? unless they really want salamence back...

@chargeburn clefable: nawt too good on paper. charge beam has miserable power, and clefable isn't sweeping teams with its subpar special attack. heck, i doubt it could kill an alakazam with no spd evs even at +6. alakazam, the paper muscles pokemon.

@shizzle: good. can people stop using that? unless they really want salamence back...

?? How about you actually reply to what I said. You would be stupid to not use a pokemon's advantages where possible, what does the set you post have over the current Dragon Dance set? The current one can also take an Ice Beam to Dragon Dance off, while also being able to tank other hits such as Scizor BP much better. Dragonite and Salamence do not function precisely the same. Stop using what???

I'm no expert in competitive battling,but here's an anti-lead Gallade I've been using,and its been working incredibly well.

Gallade
Moveset:Anti-Lead
Earthquake
Night Slash
Psycho Cut/Leaf Blade
Close Combat
Item:Choice Scarf
Ability:Steadfast
Nature:Jolly/Adamant
EV's:4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed

Earthquake takes down Heatran (assuming it doesn't have a Shuca Berry),as well as most Infernape(s) if they don't have a Focus Sash.Night Slash deals quite a bit of damage to Azelf,allowing you to get rid of it in two turns or less.Psycho Cut is for Machamp,and Leaf Blade is for Swampert.Use one of those moves depending on which is the bigger threat (in my case,Swampert).Close Combat is to take down what the other moves can't.The only lead I've had problems with is Skarmory,but I almost never see one as a lead.It probably isn't that great,but as I said,I'm no expert.

@chargeburn clefable: nawt too good on paper. charge beam has miserable power, and clefable isn't sweeping teams with its subpar special attack. heck, i doubt it could kill an alakazam with no spd evs even at +6. alakazam, the paper muscles pokemon.

It may not look good on paper, but in use it's awesome. Charge beam may have horrible base power but the fact that it raises your special attack 50% of the time is its saving grace. You never used it so I doubt you can legitimately judge it. Use it and you'll see.

I'm no expert in competitive battling,but here's an anti-lead Gallade I've been using,and its been working incredibly well.

Gallade
Earthquake
Night Slash
Psycho Cut/Leaf Blade
Close Combat

Earthquake takes down Heatran (assuming it doesn't have a Shuca Berry),as well as most Infernape(s) if they don't have a Focus Sash.Night Slash deals quite a bit of damage to Azelf,allowing you to get rid of it in two turns or less.Psycho Cut is for Machamp,and Leaf Blade is for Swampert.Use one of those moves depending on which is the bigger threat (in my case,Swampert).Close Combat is to take down what the other moves can't.The only lead I've had problems with is Skarmory,but I almost never see one as a lead.It probably isn't that great,but as I said,I'm no expert.
For anti lead Gallade (one of my favorites) I tend to go with;
Gallade @ Focus Sash
Adamant
252 ATT/ 200 SPE/ 58 HP
Close Combat
Shadow Sneak
Destiny Bond
Leaf Blade/ Taunt

Gallade
Earthquake
Night Slash
Psycho Cut/Leaf Blade
Close Combat

Nearly all lead Infernape or Heatran will run Focus Sash and Shuca Berry, respectively, unless it's an odd antilead version with Life Orb (Which I have seen on an Infernape before.). I'd like to see some calculations for how much damage it can do to Poke like Machamp and Swampert if you both have/lack Leaf Blade or Psycho Cut. Something tells me that Machamp might survive and dish out a heavy hit with either Payback or DynamicPunch.

Nearly all lead Infernape or Heatran will run Focus Sash and Shuca Berry, respectively, unless it's an odd antilead version with Life Orb (Which I have seen on an Infernape before.). I'd like to see some calculations for how much damage it can do to Poke like Machamp and Swampert if you both have/lack Leaf Blade or Psycho Cut. Something tells me that Machamp might survive and dish out a heavy hit with either Payback or DynamicPunch.
Swampert, according to smogon.com/calc/, is never OHKO'd. Max damage is 95%.
Against Machamp, you'd likely switch.

Anyway, posting my own antilead Gallade. Comments/ critique?

Gallade - Anti Lead
@ Focus Sash
Adamant
252 ATT/ 200 SPE/ 58 HP
Close Combat
Shadow Sneak
Destiny Bond
Leaf Blade/ Taunt

Why wouldnt you use jolly choice band with close combat?
always kill swampert, tyranitar, heatran etc... even has shadow sneak for azelf, gengar etc. choice c=scarf seems totally redundant

The real question is why would you use Gallade over, say Machamp? I find Gallade too frail and Close Combat isn't really helping with that. I guess Shadow Sneak has it's merits but that 100% confusion is too good. Oh and a Taunt that slow isn't really gonna stop Stealth Rock being set up so it's a pretty pointless option tbh. To recap it's just outclassed by the more consistent OU anti-leads.

More Nitey ingenuity here...

New MixNite

Dragonite @Life Orb/White Herb

Mild Nature
115Atk/204Spe/188SpA |52Atk/204Spe/248SpA | 252Atk/4Spe/252SpA
~Agility
~Superpower
~Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
~Fire Blast/Roost/Thunderbolt

Functions like a MixNite, but instead Agility up on Turn 1 and outspeed amd nail the expectant ScarfTran/ScarfRachi/ScarfGon/Offensive Zapdos/Starmie on the switch. Then proceed as per normal. Superpower and Draco Meteor lowers your stats, so White Herb is listed as an option, but beause of the lack of power you should use the third Ev spread, which will be explained later. Draco Meteor could be replaced with Dragon Pulse for the really conservative players, but always use it with the second or third Ev spread for maximum output. Then again, it just sucks compared to 140 AWESOME DRAGONITEY BASE POWER, so try it at your own risk. The Speed Evs are so that after one Agility, Dragonite will just about outspeed Jolly ScarfGon and other max speed base 100s. Rather nicely, you could run 4 speed Evs in the third spread as after one Agility, you always outrun max speed Starmie and Gengar and logically, the threats tailored to outspeed those, like Scarf Magnezone, ScarfTar and the like. Outrunning ScarfGon is much nicer, though. However, with the extra attack investment you could put more hurt on Metagross, Skarmory and Bronzong with Superpower if you skimped on Fire Blast.

@above: It outspeeds Swampert and Smeargle if you Ev it right iirc. And Gallade has Fake Out and Destiny Bond, that's what sets it apart from its pure fighting first cousin twice removed. Use it as such.

More Nitey ingenuity here...

New MixNite

Dragonite @Life Orb/White Herb

Mild Nature
115Atk/204Spe/188SpA |52Atk/204Spe/248SpA | 252Atk/4Spe/252SpA
~Agility
~Superpower
~Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
~Fire Blast/Roost/Thunderbolt
This seems a very odd set, similar to a Dragon Dance version I had seen earlier. I'd like to see some calculations assuming Life Orb however, as it seems more like a one-trick Dragonite to me. Without White Herb, your power SHARPLY decreases with each blow. You are also walled by Skarmory and Scizor threatens you if you opt for Roost, and this Dragonite will not be attacking long enough to run Roost anyway.

It seems very gimmicky, and unless your odd EVs produces some great results against common defensive Pokemon like Swampert, I'm passing this off as nothing more than a gimmick.

i kinda thought the same concept but then concluded that its too weak in power to do anything useful i instead made it all physical like so (i posted it on this thread btw)
AGILINITE?
54hp/252atk/204speed
Life orb

Agility
Earthquake
Thunderpunch
Outrage

Basically I thought of this idea when I saw a dragonair use agility ingame (lol) and I was like WHAT? DRAGONITE CAN USE AGILITY? So I made a set for it. The speed evs allow it to outrun the bane of this pokemon's existence, scarfed Jirachi after one agility. A speedy Outrage is very devastating late game also.

i kinda thought the same concept but then concluded that its too weak in power to do anything useful i instead made it all physical like so (i posted it on this thread btw)
AGILINITE?
54hp/252atk/204speed
Life orb

Agility
Earthquake
Thunderpunch
Outrage

Basically I thought of this idea when I saw a dragonair use agility ingame (lol) and I was like WHAT? DRAGONITE CAN USE AGILITY? So I made a set for it. The speed evs allow it to outrun the bane of this pokemon's existence, scarfed Jirachi after one agility. A speedy Outrage is very devastating late game also.
First of all, lower font size. Second, this set is also near-useless. You still lack power to really kill anything. Yes, you outrun Scarf Jirachi, but if it predicts well enough on you, you can't hit it with some simple swapping and baiting. Also, Skarmory can come in on an easy Outrage and just set up hazards and roar you away. You are also extremely weak to burn (A physical Dusknoir will survive an unboosted Outrage if it comes in with full health.), and Thunderpunch still weakens you to Swampert.

Agilinite is a good idea, but the way these two sets go about it is just wrong. I'd much rather use a Dragon Dance variant and make absolute sure the KOs required are made. Also, Scarf Jirachi can still kill you with Ice Punch, as it would survive an Earthquake.

First of all, lower font size. Second, this set is also near-useless. You still lack power to really kill anything. Yes, you outrun Scarf Jirachi, but if it predicts well enough on you, you can't hit it with some simple swapping and baiting. Also, Skarmory can come in on an easy Outrage and just set up hazards and roar you away. You are also extremely weak to burn (A physical Dusknoir will survive an unboosted Outrage if it comes in with full health.), and Thunderpunch still weakens you to Swampert.

Agilinite is a good idea, but the way these two sets go about it is just wrong. I'd much rather use a Dragon Dance variant and make absolute sure the KOs required are made. Also, Scarf Jirachi can still kill you with Ice Punch, as it would survive an Earthquake.

Yes it may lack power, but this set is meant to be utilized lategame when pokemon are whittled down into ko range by stealth rock and the like.

I would like to see some damage calculations against threats such as a Tank Dusknoir, Swampert, and most important: Skarmory from a simple hit of Outrage/Thunderpunch/Earthquake. I'm quite sure it would barely be a 2HKO on any of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)